• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The White Elephant in the Room Playground

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Whether she found something or not, she then cleared her throat and said, "Hey, um. I have a question. Did anybody happen to just do something involving me?"
"Not since investigating the cathedral, nah~"

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
"Honestly, I'm going on a whim. Was asleep most of the day, Jesse's the one I trust entirely... if anything I'd rather vote to skip but... it ain't looking too good for you anyway," Lee shrugged. "You hate to see that type of thing happen."
"You'd rather... vote to skip a third time?" Nilam asked in confusion. "Sure, we missed a night, but, uh, giving the guilty a free shot, repeatedly. Not a great idea. And, yeah, I can tell it's not looking good for me. And, uh, just jumping on a bandwagon because someone you trust is on it is probably a poor decision. Which might sound hypocritical, coming from me, because of Day One, but Mewtwo's vote was the deciding factor when I'd already narrowed it down, to two choices, and there was a big skip wagon, which, well, seemed like and still seems like a bad choice to me, so I wouldn't really say it is.

"Now, uh, anyone have an actual reason to defend against? Because I would really love to defend myself against an actual reason if it exists. And, uh, I'd really appreciate having the votes on me withdrawn so if there's no reason besides 'I have no fur and I'm not clear in another way'. When I said vote your suspects now, I kinda meant ones you actually suspected, instead of picking someone not clear at random."

Whether she found something or not, she then cleared her throat and said, "Hey, um. I have a question. Did anybody happen to just do something involving me?"
"No, nothing," Nilam answered.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Hmmm..." Darkwhite looked around, eyes narrowed. "Fine. I'll wait a little longer, but I'm gonna ask again. Did anyone do anything to me recently? Specifically, involving a power they might have? Or something else that might be, y'know, related?"

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
"Hmmm..." Darkwhite looked around, eyes narrowed. "Fine. I'll wait a little longer, but I'm gonna ask again. Did anyone do anything to me recently? Specifically, involving a power they might have? Or something else that might be, y'know, related?"
Tabitha remained beneath the tree. The scent of pine was overwhelming--was it always this powerful? Or was it his heightened sense of smell?

His power could only be used at night; he had done nothing to the Mew. But he waited and watched, alert for whatever new information may present itself.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
I just wanna note, on the matter of this 'did Squirt know his killer' business, that the kid coulda just not fuckin' answered if he didn't know, and I got one of them hunches that he did know.
This game was annoying, Mia decided. It had sounded fun, but in practice it was just her having to repeat herself over and over trying to explain basic logic to people who were stupid.

Palkia cackled. "I can't believe it took someone this long to think of that!"
Palkia too? Palkia was supposed to be smart. She didn't understand why any of these people couldn't understand basic stuff, that she'd already said so many times.

"He already said that Squirt could only answer yes or no, and had no way of saying he didn't know. And a hunch is just the brain making something up. It isn’t a reason to think anything. Why is everyone listening to you when you say dumb stuff like that?"

He cracked his neck rather loudly and smacked his lips, picking up his bottles one by one. "I spoke with the dead again, didn't know what was going to happen yesterday so I couldn't get much sleep. Ended up going with the question Jesse suggested. Asked Mewtwo if the person that killed him had fur."
"But why would you keep asking them about who killed them when they probably don't—"
He looked at the others with a cold seriousness he had rarely adopted so far. "And this time I know, if they don't know something, they won't answer or will say I don't know. Turns out there was more instructions in the box."
Mia stopped. "That's different. Why didn't you look at the instructions properly when you got them, or when I first asked about it? Now we've been wasting a lot of time talking about something we didn't even need to."

At this point Mia just wanted to go home and tell Dave she'd tried the game and it was stupid, because everyone was stupid, and she wouldn't bother trying it again unless it was with better people who didn't just decide she was suspicious because she pointed out that they were wrong. She should have known that it would be this way, when most people were stupid, but she had thought maybe the people who would play this game about being right would care enough about being right to try a little harder to think than usual. But she supposed none of them had actually wanted to be in this game. She hadn't actually signed up for it either, even if she had a fake memory of it.

People made some dumb votes; the Rotom kept insistently voting for her for reasons like being "one of the last on any bandwagon" which wasn't even correct, Palkia placed a vote for the Ralts who'd just implied she had an informational ability for weird strawman reasons, the Delphox continued to act like he'd been right about baselessly assuming people would know who killed them and Mia was dumb for pointing out that was dumb. There was probably no point trying to argue with them more. They'd just decide it was more evidence that she was the killer.

She sat, silent. She wanted to hunt. She could probably take out all of them, easy. Well, maybe not Palkia, if it could actually bend space. She imagined leaping at the Delphox, arm poised, aiming for his throat. A spurt of hot Fire-type blood on her face, a coppery taste in her mouth. She was hungry.

The machine had declared it was a day of faith and everyone should go to a cathedral, which was really dumb, religion was always dumb but especially when they were playing a game on a timer and didn't have time for that kind of nonsense, but then Darkwhite transformed into a cathedral, and the pseudo-building smelled of warm, living flesh, and now she was getting really hungry. In the back of her mind itched an urge to just cut a piece out of it and tear into it, without even cooking it to a safe temperature first (if it was still alive, there wouldn't be bacteria that would make her sick in it, would there?). But if she did that they would definitely kill her next, even though that would have nothing to do with who killed Squirt or Mewtwo.

She wrote a letter to Dave, though, since she could.

I'm in the game that you talked about where someone is killed every night. It's very annoying and everyone is dumb. You should come and argue with them so I don't have to just keep saying the same thing.

"What I think," she said eventually to the machine, not sure if anyone else was listening (probably she should hope they weren't and she wouldn't have to deal with them anymore, but at least if they were going to be stupid about what she voted for she could tell them they should have listened to why), "is that it's bad to kill somebody who can give information, and Palkia's reasons for voting for Abigail anyway were bad. Palkia did think Jesse had a point when he didn't, but it's probably just trying to see if anyone else wants to kill Abigail. Jesse is very stupid and annoying but he is probably trying and just very bad at it. Lee could be making up his power but the way he was confused about when he used it means probably not really. We know Darkwhite has the night-skipping power, and that would be a bad power for the killers to have.

"Nickit is just unconscious so we can't know anything about them. Tabitha has talked about his power and I think it might be similar to mine. Abigail said she has an information power and hasn't done anything suspicious. It could be them but it would be no better than random.

"I could vote for any of the others. Nilam is at least trying a bit, but Gen and Nocitlalin are here and awake but they haven't said anything useful. Even if they aren't killers, they aren't helping. Gen is just hiding and being timid and reacting to things, which would be easy for anyone to do. He has fur, so if Lee's correct he's a bit less likely. But Nocitlalin is just searching for bingo cards and saying weird meaningless things. That's an easy way to try to seem to be doing things when you really aren't, while trying to gain advantages for yourself."

The three hens surrounding the pear tree must have wondered off. The turtle doves were absent as well. Strange, only the partridge remained in the pear tree.
Maybe they wouldn't like this either, but by now Mia was too hungry to care. She leapt towards the tree, aiming a slash at the partridge's throat.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Ah, excellent. The Scyther-girl was fighting back. That would make things a lot more interesting, especially given how flimsy all the votes toward her had been. Palkia noticed her glancing back and forth between Jesse's blackboard, and the rest of the guests, heavily contemplating something. Her scowl had deepened. And Palkia couldn't help noticing which square on the blackboard she'd been looking at before she turned her predatory gaze toward the dragon.

Claims to have nothing useful on hand, but to be a potential asset if spared now by means of her alleged info power.
"I saw you write this earlier, and found it odd, but I decided not to comment," Palkia told Jesse. "No need to call attention to it if it were true, after all. But if everyone else is going to call attention to it anyway, there's no need for me to hold back anymore." Now that a second person was acting like it was a given, well... that meant that there was clearly more to it.

"Dialga loves to say that I'm unobservant," the spatial one said casually. "Says I'm the fool for wanting to get out there and explore the universe. And, well, maybe it has a point, but I like to think I notice more than it says. In particular, I've got quite the memory. Got everything that everyone said, right here in my head," it said, tapping the armor on its skull. "So that's why I have to ask..."--Palkia pointed at the blackboard--"where oh where did you get this from." From Palkia's tone, it was clear that it was quite a fair bit more perplexed than it was letting on.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"Abigail said that she had information from the Vaporeon's memories but it didn't really help because it just corroborated something we already know, so she shouldn't say what it is because it'd give a hint about what she can do."

Abigail shrugged. "There's not much for me to say. I just got here yesterday, and there was no unwrapping to suspect anyone of tonight. The vaporeon's memories have one piece of information, but it just corroborates something we already know, so there's no point in saying it and giving them a hint as to what I can do."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen was trying his best not to pay attention to what everyone was saying. There was so much happening, so much to take in, that if he even wanted a chance to breathe he had no choice to tune it all out.

He hesitated, then grabbed two pieces of parchment, grimacing as they squelched in his grasp. There weren't any writing tools, though...

He looked around, seeing the other writers using their own blood to write.

I guess, if I have to...

He braced himself, then concentrated on all the frustration he had from everything that happened since he arrived here. At Squirt's death, then Mewtwo's. At his sexuality being called a lie by the Wii. At being swept up into that date he had no want to be a part of. At the suspicions a few people had about him. At how he had no idea who was doing all this. At his inability to go home.

His right nub-arm glowed darkly. With the dark-type energy within it, built up by his frustration, he smacked at the small, but still-healing injury on his forehead that bird Pokemon had given him back in Twig Woodland.

The Assurance reopened the wound, and blood began trickling down his face.

Now, what to dip in it to write with. My arms are way too small and round to write with, there'd just be big splotches all over the page...

He looked down, and saw his scalchop on his chest. Maybe he could use that?

He laid the fleshy papers to the side, and grasped at his scalchop with both of his arms, then pulled. It took some force, but eventually it came loose.

That...feels really weird. But I need to write these.

He looked at the parchments of flesh. There were two letters for him to write: One to his family and friends back in Goldenrod City, and one to Saltriv and Burhalla. The first one would be really difficult to write, so he might as well start with the easier, second one.

He dipped his scalchop in the blood running down his face, and put it to the paper, then stopped.

What language do Pokemon in that world use to write? I don't think they use Johtonese, or Unovan...Maybe I should ask for help?

"Uh, could someone please help me write this letter? I don't know what language Pokemon write in-"

As he unfocused himself from his current task, the conversation he had been ignoring made its way through his ears, helped along by the fact of him hearing his name mentioned.

"I could vote for any of the others. Nilam is at least trying a bit, but Gen and Nocitlalin are here and awake but they haven't said anything useful. Even if they aren't killers, they aren't helping. Gen is just hiding and being timid and reacting to things, which would be easy for anyone to do."

Gen began shuddering, as he heard suspicion being cast on him once more. He clutched tightly onto his reunion cape, the blood-tipped scalchop falling onto the parchment. A few hyperventilating breaths left his mouth.

No no no no no please don't vote me please don't vote me I want to live I want to see my family I want to go home I WANT TO LIVE-

"He has fur, so if Lee's correct he's a bit less likely. But Nocitlalin is just searching for bingo cards and saying weird meaningless things. That's an easy way to try to seem to be doing things when you really aren't, while trying to gain advantages for yourself."

Gen's panicking stopped, as the suspicion was redirected from him. He breathed a small sigh of relief.

Just ignore it. Just don't pay attention. I'll only panic if I do.

Gen took a few deep breaths, and turned away from Mia.

"P-please?" he asked, looking nervously around the room as he picked his scalchop back up.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Abigail said that she had information from the Vaporeon's memories but it didn't really help because it just corroborated something we already know, so she shouldn't say what it is because it'd give a hint about what she can do."
Palkia tilted its head. "But that could be referring to anything, no? Seems a bit of a leap to ascribe some manner of surveillance to that." The dragon shrugged. "But fair's fair--if you both think it's significant, no reason not to see where it goes. Could be interesting~"

From the things she'd said to the PS3, Palkia supposed that Mia was concerned with deciphering why the various guests had said what they'd said. And while it was natural that the naughty ones might make pretend attempts at sorting through this puzzle... there was something about her manner of going through everyone's thought process that suggested her frustration was genuine.

"Uh, could someone please help me write this letter? I don't know what language Pokemon write in-"

"P-please?" he asked, looking nervously around the room as he picked his scalchop back up.
Palkia glanced at the human-turned-Oshawott. "'Fraid I can't say how they write in that universe. But I'm sure the Interdimensional Holiday Committee will make sure that the recipient can read it! Since they're crossing universes to get it delivered, and all that~"

Of course, the spatial one couldn't help noticing how the Oshawott was shaking with terror. It crouched and craned its long neck down so that it was at eye level with the tiny otter. "You gained that form because you were called to save a world, weren't you? You're capable of far more than you think. Don't lose hope! I'm sure we'll catch the naughty ones in no time. So promise me you won't give in to despair, alright? This is a party! And do let me know if there's anything I can do to help~" It could actually help mortals here--that was a marked improvement over its own universe.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen yelped as Palkia leaned in, his expression paling as the maintainer of space began to speak.

I need to save that world? ME?!

I...I can't. I'm not anyone special. Surely if that world needed saving, someone more qualified would be the one to save it, like Red or Blue or Green or Yellow.

Palkia must just be mistaken.

"I-I'll try not to," Gen replied. "Thanks."

If he promised, it would be a lie, and dealing with the web of those he left back in that world was enough of a problem as is. He didn't need any here, too.

He'd keep the dragon's offer in mind, though.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"That's different. Why didn't you look at the instructions properly when you got them, or when I first asked about it? Now we've been wasting a lot of time talking about something we didn't even need to."

"I, uh, I'd like to maybe back up Lee here. Not solid or anything, but like, as a guess. I didn't notice more information about my power until later on in this whole thing. And I may not have good attention skills but I know I had read everything before, so it totally got to me late."

But what still bothered her was that nobody answered. Surely someone would have brought this up, right? But she supposed it could have been--

The three hens surrounding the pear tree must have wondered off. The turtle doves were absent as well. Strange, only the partridge remained in the pear tree.

“Welcome, everybody,” the PS3 cheered, “ to Faith Friday! It’s the perfect time of year to have faith in each other, some god you made up, a real god you made up, or your fellow friends!

"Those weird feather things... day of faith..." She trailed off. "...Could it...?"

And then, Darkwhite said, "I'll be back." And then she disappeared.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"...Nobody's answering me." Darkwhite hummed. "Maybe it was random...?"
"I did stumble upon something interesting a bit ago," Palkia offered. "I can't imagine why it would have had any effect on you, though." It was speaking to the air, as she'd already disappeared. It didn't seem to mind.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Maybe they wouldn't like this either, but by now Mia was too hungry to care. She leapt towards the tree, aiming a slash at the partridge's throat.
The slash phased harmlessly through the partridge’s throat. It turned to Mia and cocked its head sideways, blinking in perplexity. They were surrounded by pears.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Darkwhite reappeared, looking sick. "...I learned something new," she said, looking down. "I think someone gave me this item in secret and they don't want anyone to know. I was hoping someone would say it so I could maybe clear two people at once, but I guess now I can only clear one person."

She then looked up. "It was something that I had to eat, and when I ate it, in someone's name, I would feel whether or not I could have faith in that person or not. My best guess on what that means is if they're on the same side as me. And since at this point it's pretty clear I'm Nice... It means that the fact that I just ate it and felt horrible means that the person I named when I ate this... thing... is Naugty."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Abigail was thinking about the cathedral that she wanted to enter out of sheer spite. If there was a normal cathedral, it would've been easy to find, so clearly it was a weird cathedral. Which, in this place, was really more normal than a normal one.

Since it didn't seem to be visible above the ground, she assumed it was underground. That meant there must've been some kind of secret passage. Therefore, there was probably a secret entrance to the secret passage.

So, where would it be? Abigail thought through the places a secret passage could be hidden. Behind a waterfall was a classic, but all the water here was solid. Checking rugs and paintings for passages would talk a long time...

Her eyes fell upon the lit fireplace. Another classic, at least in movies. She'd have to try to extinguish it to check for secrets, though. She looked around for a way to get a bucket of water, but nothing looked to be much use.

She had an idea. Most of the water here was in solid form. She could just throw snow on the fire, that would do the trick... though her little ralts armfuls wouldn't do much... A normal ralts would use telekinesis, but she didn't seem to have any of a ralts' normal psychic or fairy gifts... Which was a shame. Sensing thoughts and emotions would be pretty helpful here.

Still, she gave it a shot. Maybe she had some ralts powers to speak of. She focused on willing a respectable amount of snow into a ball, and it obeyed. Her snowball probably weighed more than she now did. Telekinesis was really that easy?

She floated her snowball into the house and threw the snowball into the fire.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
nuzzling into Jesse more. [...] held the sleeping fox a bit tighter.

Jesse stirred with a bleary mumble.

"Fuck. Can't even get any fuckin' peace from this shit in my sleep. Not only am I still bone-tired, but I'm somehow aware of everythin' said and done while I was out. Speakin' of which, Lee, I don't recall sayin' you could do that. Which ain't to say I wouldn't've, but still. Boundaries, fella."

Jesse rolled off the couch and to his feet, claws clacking on the floor.

"Got some major shit to respond to, and I feel like I'm about to pass out again. Let's just check my fuckin' boards..."

NameNotesNameNotesNameNotes
JesseYours truly. Anything I could say about myself in this analysis is biased, but let it be on record that I suggested voting for Nickit to provoke a debut dialogue, and now Tabitha and Nilam to demand defences, but otherwise to skip. My power is non-info, and potentially a liability if used with insufficient info.DarkwhitePlenty of thoughts to offer, but couched in layers of mischief. Tried a hypothetical advice gambit to conceal her night-skipping power, but demonstrated it to the advantage of innocents. Has only skipped, but now seeks to vote Mia.MiaFixated on details that don't add up and non-rational takes, strongly doubted Lee's power, voted for Darkwhite before walking it back and skipping as she did on day one. Now voting Nocitlalin for obfuscating their lack of helpfulness despite them claiming they would prove their innocence tomorrow.
MewtwoExperimentally voted for Palkia before dying early. My sympathies to the sorry bastard.NilamOur keenest voter, never skipping, voted first for Palkia and twice now for Mia. Concerned with an aggressive pursuit of a successful lynch.NickitDead silent to date. No change forecast.
LeeAlways has thoughts to offer. Is the only info-provider to come forward so far, clearing Darkwhite and Palkia of Squirt's murder, and furred guests of Mewtwo's murder. Has usually skipped, but now claims he will vote with me. Allegedly can interrogate the dead for a single moment each night.GenTerrified out of his wits at all times, no investigative efforts to speak of. Always votes to skip. Seems authentic enough, but I want to see him offer some info in good faith.TabithaHas mostly criticised tactically unsound assumptions about behaviour, initially skipped but later voted for Darkwhite in pursuit of information and Nilam to follow my bandwagon. Claims to have a night power.
PalkiaExtensive analysis, seemingly in good faith, attempted a bandwagon-provocation gambit against Darkwhite before walking it back, and has consequently only skipped. Now voting for Abigail. Claims to have an entirely underwhelming power.AbigailInherited the power and memories of Vaporeon Blue. Claims to have nothing useful on hand, but to be a potential asset if spared now by means of her alleged power, which I'm hoping she'll clarify the nature of shortly.NocitlalinAggressively hunted for bingo cards, suggested that daytime voters might be killers, implicating Nilam more than any other living guests. Claims to have proof of innocence, pending one more day.

"As always, if I ain't got somethin' right, I beg of ya to correct me, sharpish."

Day 2 vote:
  1. Palkia
  2. Skip
Day 2 voters:
  1. Mewtwo, Nilam
  2. Gen, Lee, Jesse, Darkwhite
    Nocitlalin, Mia, Palkia
Night 2 murder: Mewtwo
Day 3 vote:
  1. Darkwhite
  2. Mia
  3. Skip
Day 3 voters:
  1. Tabitha
  2. Nilam
  3. Lee, Abigail, Gen
    Mia, Palkia, Jesse
Night 3 murder: skipped
Day 4 vote:
  1. Mia
  2. Abigail
  3. Nilam
  4. Nocitlalin
Day 4 voters:
  1. Nilam
  2. Palkia
  3. Jesse, Lee, Tabitha
  4. Mia
Night 4 murder: none yet

"As I said before, I expect folks who've not avidly been pursuin' the truth to start takin' an interest right goddamn now."

LIST OF FUCKING BINGO NUMBERS
  • B3, B11
  • I23, I28
  • N33, N36, N40, N41
  • G51, G57

"Fuck bingo."

DeadCleared by LeeNot Suspected by JesseSuspected by Jesse
SquirtLeeAbigailNilam
MewtwoPalkiaMiaNocitlalin
Darkwhite
Tabitha
Nickit
Gen
Jesse

"As always, I intend to listen to reasoned arguments. I've updated my suspicions based on some."

“Also switching my vote to Nilam for now.”
"I'll go for Nilam," [...] "Jesse's the one I trust entirely"
"Fellas, do you agree with what you perceive is my reasonin', or do you just trust my fallible intuition, or have you got yer own motivations? I get mighty twitchy around unsupported votes. I ain't intendin' to take a hit to my credibility 'cause y'all laid the responsibility fer a lynchin' solely at my feet, alright?"

"So, uh, I'm being voted for mildly unclear reasons, if someone could lay any reason not related to me not having fur because there are multiple guests here that's true for, I'd be happy to try and defend myself? Or was I just randomly picked from the guests who don't have fur and aren't otherwise clear, because I can't do much about that really."
"Alright. You're the most aggressive livin' voter, I'm not clear on the reasonin' behind yer votes, you ain't cleared yet by any alleged info powers. Nocitlalin is claiming they can prove themselves, Abigail hasn't had a chance to weigh in, and Mia seems too helpful to be Naughty. What I said to Tabitha is true fer you too, though. I'm pressin' you to make a case fer yerself, not tryin' to corner ya. Honestly, though I don't much sympathise with this idea that we oughtn't to vote fer ya without harder evidence, considerin' ya went in on Palkia night one fer no reason I can tell."

"I think now we can get a little more aggressive."
"We've got more information to work with, we ought to work to make real progress rootin' out our Naughty guests. I've spent a minute researchin' other 'games' like this, and I've learnt that goin' this long without puttin' someone in the dust is unorthodox and not considered an effective strategy. Although frankly I'm loathe to kill anyone, we do need to prevent the deaths of every goddamn Nice guest."

Did anybody happen to just do something involving me?
"Nope."

I'd already narrowed it down, to two choices,
"You wanna elaborate, pal?"

Will Prove Innocence / Date UnitDesignates Next Solar Cycle
"Okay, fer anyone that missed it, the beldum says they'll prove themselves tomorrow. I say we give them a chance. I'd like to know how they intend to do that, though."

Why is everyone listening to you when you say dumb stuff like that? [More stuff about Lee's power, y'all heard the same stuff I did.]
"If yer so smart, maybe ya can fuckin' figure it out," snapped Jesse.

He sighed.

"Sorry. I take it back. Look, yer take on Lee made no damn sense to me except as a distraction from real info. Now I reckon you were sincere, in light of all this discussion and yer evident frustration, and I've spent a minute thinkin' about why we differed here. You're aware, through false memories, of precedent from other games. Right? Well, I'm aware, from false memories in my head, that powers here sometimes need clarification and don't work the way you think they do when you read the instruction the first time. Thing is, yer precedent don't matter that much when this game is clearly different, and this is three instances I'm aware of now where a power has confused the weilder until new false memories explain it properly. Does that track fer you? 'Cause I sure fuckin' hope it does."

She imagined leaping at the Delphox, arm poised, aiming for his throat. A spurt of hot Fire-type blood on her face, a coppery taste in her mouth. She was hungry.
"And Miss, d'you fuckin' mind not fuckin' picturin' my fuckin' death? It ain't fuckin' helpin'."

The delphox had a lot of emotional tells for when he was uncomfortable. Pretty much all of them were firing as he said this.

Jesse is very stupid and annoying but he is probably trying and just very bad at it.
The delphox laughed into his palm.

"Just 'cause my approach ain't yer approach in a scenario rife with ulterior motives, double bluffs, and secret information don't mean I'm stupid, Miss. I can tell yer a smart one, but y'ain't an undifferentiated genius, and ye'd be more persuasive if'n you knew that. Whatever. Thanks fer the vote of confidence."

"I could vote for any of the others. Nilam is at least trying a bit, but Gen and Nocitlalin are here and awake but they haven't said anything useful. Even if they aren't killers, they aren't helping. Gen is just hiding and being timid and reacting to things, which would be easy for anyone to do. He has fur, so if Lee's correct he's a bit less likely. But Nocitlalin is just searching for bingo cards and saying weird meaningless things. That's an easy way to try to seem to be doing things when you really aren't, while trying to gain advantages for yourself."
"Okay, I buy yer reasonin'. I'm very reluctant to vote fer the beldum when they're claimin' they can prove themselves so soon. If'n they fail, they're gonna be hard pressed not to get voted for immediately after, right? If I'm wrong, make it clear to me."

"where oh where did you get this from."
"Sure seems like the word 'corroboration' implies an info power. Maybe I'm wrong!"

"Yeah, son, sure thing. You wanna dictate? I got a decent penman's hand."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"It was something that I had to eat, and when I ate it, in someone's name, I would feel whether or not I could have faith in that person or not
Palkia perked up. "Oh! I found a food item as well! But mine doesn't do that... how interesting~" Palkia thought about whether or not to eat it, but: "I'd better save mine for a midnight snack!"
And since at this point it's pretty clear I'm Nice... It means that the fact that I just ate it and felt horrible means that the person I named when I ate this... thing... is Naugty."
Palkia's eyes lit up. "Did you now?" it said, barely able to contain its glee. "Is there any danger in revealing who?"

In the back of its mind, Palkia couldn't help but wonder... if they'd found such wonderful gifts, surely the Naughty ones had to have tricks up their sleeve as well? Or else things would get boring.

Top Bottom