• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The White Elephant in the Room Playground

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Palkia's eyes lit up. "Did you now?" it said, barely able to contain its glee. "Is there any danger in revealing who?"

"I dunno," Darkwhite said. "I'm not smart. I'm just going with my but. And my gut says that a lot of people here are smarter than me and can use the info as soon as I get it. Plus... what I just ate proved my gut right, again. Assuming this power isn't something with fake instructions, or someone tampered with it..."

Darkwhite pointed to Mia. "I'm gonna keep my vote on Mia. When I ate this hen of faith thingy in her name... it tasted great at first. And then it settled in my gut like I ate an iron ball. I felt... betrayed."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"I ain't a religious fella, but faith... that's harder. I have faith in some things. I have faith in my family, y'know. And I think right know I have faith in Darkwhite, gods help me."

He eyed Mia.

"Gods bein' a term fer certain pokémon I've encountered, and on more than one occasion fought with, rather than revered."

Jesse wrote a letter himself nonetheless...

Jesse's Letter said:
Dearest Sierra,

I'm sorry. You know I always have been, and I know it doesn't really matter whether I am or not. But it's because I'm sorry that I've been where I've been, and done what I've done. I would have written earlier, but it wasn't safe. It might not be safe now, and it might not be safe again for a long time. But if you get this, please know that I'm trying to protect you, and protect our daughter. That's all I've cared about since we bound paws. Believe that. Remember that. Have the faith in me you did when we made that pact together. I've never lost faith in you.

I'll see you again, else I'll be a dead man.

With love, always.

Jesse

P.S. Tell our breeze I love her.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
"You wanna elaborate, pal?"
"When I was deciding who to vote on the first night, there were two people I was considering. I don't think it's really complicated. At all."

"Alright. You're the most aggressive livin' voter, I'm not clear on the reasonin' behind yer votes, you ain't cleared yet by any alleged info powers. Nocitlalin is claiming they can prove themselves, Abigail hasn't had a chance to weigh in, and Mia seems too helpful to be Naughty. What I said to Tabitha is true fer you too, though. I'm pressin' you to make a case fer yerself, not tryin' to corner ya. Honestly, though I don't much sympathise with this idea that we oughtn't to vote fer ya without harder evidence, considerin' ya went in on Palkia night one fer no reason I can tell."
"I don't see what you're problem with my agression is. I want to stop the killer. Or killers. Or kidnapper, kidnappers. Whatever their doing. Sooner rather than later," Nilam said. "Abigail has had all of today and most of yesterday to weigh in and hasn't, giving her to too long on the basis of 'hasn't had a chance to weigh in' could easily be giving a Naughty player free reign to do whatever they want. Given Noci's claim that she can prove herself, I can see why you'd want to let her have a chance so long as she does so by tomorrow as she says she will. Mia... I'm not going to bother with, because Darkwhite, who's pretty much confirmed Nice, has magic fruit proving that she's Naughty, so everyone should be voting for her. And, I didn't say with no hard evidence, just not for no reason. I did have a reason to vote Palkia on the first day- I wasn't comfortable with them missing an opportunity to clear themself, Jesse, and Darkwhite, when they were already going for the 'never have I ever killed someone'; obviously before we knew accusing each other using the lie dector Wii was banned. I also didn't like that they'd completely ignored it when there was a vote on earlier; I figure reactions would be a good way to judge someone, so by not reacting, Palkia took that opportunity from us. And, I wanted some chance at stopping Squirt's killer then and there, which I didn't think we'd have if I didn't vote somewhere there wasn't already votes, meaning Palkia, who I suspected anyway, was the best choice."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"As I said before, I expect folks who've not avidly been pursuin' the truth to start takin' an interest right goddamn now."

Gen shuddered. He clutched tightly onto his reunion cape.

Just ignore it. Just ignore it.

"And Miss, d'you fuckin' mind not fuckin' picturin' my fuckin' death? It ain't fuckin' helpin'."'

Gen now very much did not trust Mia now. He leaned in the opposite direction from them.

"Yeah, son, sure thing. You wanna dictate? I got a decent penman's hand."

"Y-yeah, thank-"

"I'm gonna keep my vote on Mia. When I ate this hen of faith thingy in her name... it tasted great at first. And then it settled in my gut like I ate an iron ball. I felt... betrayed."

Oh. So Mia might be the killer. Now he really didn't want to be near her.

He picked up the parchments, and his blood-tipped scalchop, and began walking away from Mia. A few steps in, he paused.

How would I clean my scalchop?

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
"Actually it was a hen. I get the feeling there are two others, actually." She gestured outside. "Since there used to be three hens, right?"
"Okay, it's a magic hen, not a magic fruit, my bad, it still proves Mia is guilty. She needs to be removed from the party immediately. Could everyone who's acknowledging Mia's status as almost definitely Naughty but not voting her please change that?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Speakin' of which, Lee, I don't recall sayin' you could do that. Which ain't to say I wouldn't've, but still. Boundaries, fella."

Lee blinked awake, although he wasn't really asleep before. An unfamiliar warmness rose on his face, and he felt the need to hide himself. "Yes. Right. Of course," he cleared his throat.

"Fellas, do you agree with what you perceive is my reasonin', or do you just trust my fallible intuition, or have you got yer own motivations? I get mighty twitchy around unsupported votes. I ain't intendin' to take a hit to my credibility 'cause y'all laid the responsibility fer a lynchin' solely at my feet, alright?"

That warmness got hotter, which he hated entirely. "It was... blind trust," he groaned. His hatred of this place grew exponentially and he either didn't know or didn't want to admit to why.

"Okay, it's a magic hen, not a magic fruit, my bad, it still proves Mia is guilty. She needs to be removed from the party immediately. Could everyone who's acknowledging Mia's status as almost definitely Naughty but not voting her please change that?"

"Actually, I did have my suspicions on Mia when she gunned it for Darkwhite earlier," Lee hummed. "So I might as well vote Mia again."

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
Unit001_110101101 Possesses Navigational Disruption Ability. Redirected Actions of UnitDesignate_Mewtwo to UnitDesignate_Palkia. UnitDesignate_Palkia was powerful enough to take all attacks. UnitDesignate_Mewtwo had attempted to kill. Results Unclear; UnitDesignate Mewtwo Was Terminated.

Unit001_110101101 Will Engage In Dating Procedures If Requested

Nilam has attempted to kill. Nilam is attempted killer.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
I wasn't comfortable with them missing an opportunity to clear themself, Jesse, and Darkwhite, when they were already going for the 'never have I ever killed someone'
"Ah, well, if you're still curious about this, should come as no surprise that I never expected the Wii to be able to clear anyone. The game wouldn't last very long if it could!"
I also didn't like that they'd completely ignored it when there was a vote on earlier; I figure reactions would be a good way to judge someone, so by not reacting, Palkia took that opportunity from us.
Palkia shrugged. "We didn't know Mewtwo was Nice at the time. I had no way of knowing his motive for voting me. Getting defensive over nothing didn't seem particularly useful."
"Actually it was a hen. I get the feeling there are two others, actually." She gestured outside. "Since there used to be three hens, right?"
"Well, I already I said I've got the second hen," Palkia said simply. "It has a different power than yours, so I expect the third one to be different as well. Can't help but wonder about those turtle doves though..."
Unit001_110101101 Possesses Navigational Disruption Ability. Redirected Actions of UnitDesignate_Mewtwo to UnitDesignate_Palkia. UnitDesignate_Palkia was powerful enough to take all attacks. UnitDesignate_Mewtwo had attempted to kill. Results Unclear; UnitDesignate Mewtwo Was Terminated.
Palkia clapped its hands together. "Oh, if this doesn't complicate things marvelously. I was worried things were going to get boring! You must tell us... by 'attempted to kill,' does that mean 'at night'? We know for a fact Mewtwo was Nice, so if he attempted to kill, that must mean he was doing so in an attempt to eliminate the Naughty ones, yes?" Palkia seemed to find this fact most intriguing.
Unit001_110101101 Will Engage In Dating Procedures If Requested
"Excellent," Palkia said with a wink.

"And yes, I suppose we're voting for Mia now." It seemed a bit disappointed in this. Knowing things for certain was so boring. Hopefully something would arise to further complicate the matter.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"...Wait, how did you know that Mewtwo was the killer? And how did you know that Palkia was immune to the--wait, are you?" Darkwhite glanced at Palkia, incredulous.
Palkia gave Darkwhite a crooked grin. "See... much as I would like to claim this to be the case... and dissuade any would-be killers from even attempting it... I have said a few times that my gift is one that, well... requires active use, shall we say. And I also said that I have not used it yet."

"Which means... that I really can't say I know what our dear Beldum is talking about. Other than the fact that this physical vessel of mine was in danger at one point, apparently."
Mewtwo had attempted to kill under Solar Radiation.
Palkia's face split into a horribly unnerving grin. "Did he now? He tried to daykill? Oh, this does complicate things quite a lot. But I really must ask... if your gift allows you to redirect... how did you know that? Do you have some manner of learning just what it is that you've redirected?"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Oh, wait... unless. Unless you're just referring to the fact that he tried to vote for me." Palkia chuckled. "I may have spoken far too soon there."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Seems a bit odd to suppose that him voting for me meant he was guilty? But, I suppose there was little else to go off during that first night. I'm still quite curious if you knew I'd be safe though."

Top Bottom