• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The White Elephant in the Room Playground

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Jesse groaned and pinched the bridge of his nose. He was gonna get another migraine in a minute.

"Guess we wait on the, ah, 'rooms'. Now shall we get this fuckin' soup already?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
  9. zorua
"O-oh, uh..." Gen gripped his reunion cape with one of his nubs. "I connected my reunion cape to you. Whenever I tap the bow now when I'm not touching anyone, I'll teleport to you." That's what Burhalla said, anyways.

He paused.

"At least...I think so. I don't know if it'll work here," he continued.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Jesse shifted uncomfortably.

"Lotta worlds got a lotta problems," he muttered. "Some are existential. Some are... more about whether it's worth draggin' yourself an inch outta the grave each mornin'."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
She shrugged as if discussing a casual subject. "Wormholes. Aliens. We thought we were winning for a while, but then what we can only assume to be their god showed up, and now we're looking pretty much fucked."

"Huh... well we don't have wormholes or aliens, but we do have dungeons that can make giant ferals and a strange affliction that causes Pokemon to get stronger and lose control of themselves, attacking everyone and everything around them," Lee shrugged. "I'd rather have that and the aliens and wormholes, would make it all the more exciting."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Jesse stared at nothing, just past Lee's shoulder.

"Once got stuck in a fuckin' endurance dungeon, got knocked out over twenty times in a few hours. Had to go through a fuckin' hallucination gauntlet that showed me nightmare visions based on the darkest shit in my head at the time. But the worst fuckin' shit about my world is ordinary folks. Never underestimate what an angry fuckin' mob can do if the right shit-fer-brains sonofabitch gets the wrong idea into their heads."

He put a paw to his neck and rubbed it unthinkingly.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
I have The Candy Cane That Killed The Krampus
No you fucking don't have the candy cane that killed the Krampus, because it doesn't fucking exist. It is not a candy cane.
Are you sure your item is a candy cane?

Jesse jolted up out of his reverie. "SHIT! Fuck, sorry. Ah, I just got an answer back from... 'my room'. Is that really what we're goin' with? Whatever. Anyway, it's a fuckin' candy cane. They're both goddamn fuckin' candy canes. Palkia ain't lyin'. They're with us."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Jesse rubbed his nose. It was fucking cold outside.

"I'm wonderin' if we can work out who has the other cane, at all. They could already be dead, of course. I ain't got it, I got an insubstantial gift, somethin' in my head and not my hands."

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
On their way to the Seviper Soupery, they noticed a turtle dove slamming its head against a wall in frustration, likely for some silly mistake it wanted to apologize for but couldn’t do to the nature of communication between it and the partygoers. It disappeared, but the setting didn’t seem quite done. It seemed to be waiting on whoever was running this thing to finish breakfast after sleeping in late, which whoever is running this is very sorry about. Probably. What do I know? I’m just narrating this stuff.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Palkia shrugged. "Think what you like, but the description with my cane said nothing at all about hunting down anyone in particular. My only goal is to eliminate all Naughty guests. Jesse confirmed that your status isn't Naughty, and I know for a fact that he's Nice, so that's good enough for me."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Lee let out a relieved sigh. "Good, because I still thought you were nice, so it's good I didn't have to waste an ask on that."

Lee held his head up and shut his eyes, taking in a deep breath. The feeling of fresh air, untouched by the essence of singularity that was active prior to today, was relaxing. "How far until we reach the soupery?" he asked, now walking next to Jesse, almost close enough to brush his shoulder against Jesse's. "Not that this isn't a fine contrast to the shit we were dealing with."

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Abigail took the bingo card. "Thank you." It made no sense for him to give it to her without knowing the thing was throwing bingo stuff at them. "May I ask why you're giving me this in particular? I have a use for it, but... I'm curious."
Zeke shrugged, suddenly avoiding eye contact. "Everyone who works here gets some to give to guests. We have bingo every night, so we're supposed to give them out as prizes, gifts..." he trailed off for a bit and spoke in barely a whisper, "to cheer some kids up, it's just company policy, y'know?" If his cheeks weren't already frozen blue and covered in fur, they would be a red deeper than his jacket.

"Anyways," she said, turning to leave, "I'll make sure you have some food, so that you don't fucking starve before we sort this shit out..."
His apprehension disappeared in the blink of an eye. "Thank you!" he shouted. He let out a sigh of relief. "What I wouldn't give for one of Sevanna's Seviper Egg Soups." Something close to a smile creased his lips. "Sevanna's a really great lady. I was nervous my first day here, but she treated me for my lunch break and made me feel a lot better." He shook his head. "Sorry, forget that. Best of luck with the bingo card. See ya." Goodbye taken care of, he twirled around in his chair to continue reading his book. It had... pictures and—was he reading it backwards?
Abigail wasn't but a step or two out the door when the TV spoke up again. "Yes there fucking is someone in the shed! What, have I been talking to thin fucking air for the past few minutes? There is a Zangoose here and you cannot tell me otherwise!"
"No, I'm sorry, no," Elbert instantly responded. "It is absolutely impossible for anyone else to be on that mountain with you."

As the group headed into the Soupery, the door jingled a bell. Warmth coated the restaurant like a blanket. A call came from the back of the restaurant, "Oh, are thothththth thththome cuthththtomerthth? I'll be right out!"

"Impossible, literally impossible, and we're talking quantum mechanics here!" Elbert continued.

"Any word from the ski lift operator? Is Zeke playing hookie? That ain't like the boy," shouted the Rillaboom Rentals loudspeaker.

"Palkia covered every square centimeter of the place before combining it into one place. There was nobody there, and nobody could have gotten in without—do you know how ridiculous you sound?"

A seviper slithered out from the back room and stopped at the counter. She glanced at each guest, sultry eye lingering on Palkia for... uncomfortably long. "Well hello. It'thth been rather quiet thithththth week. Name'th Ththththevanna. What can I get for you?"
sevana_by_tanuki1029_debyxox-fullview.jpg

"Do you have any idea what is impossible with quantum mechanics? Nothing! You can do absolutely anything with them, but even with those, there is no way that anyone but you all are on that mountain." Elbert sounded angry, yet an edge of fear floated underneath his voice.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Do you have any idea what is impossible with quantum mechanics? Nothing! You can do absolutely anything with them, but even with those, there is no way that anyone but you all are on that mountain."

Lee took a deep breath, this entire thing was playing out like some joke that he didn't care for, and Elbert was absolutely blind towards. Ignoring the voice, he nodded at Sevanna. "I assume Zane is that Zangoose we're getting soup four. From the sounds of it, he's just cold. And, also, would like some soup. And I don't know about everyone else, but I would as well."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Elbert, you daft motherfucker, damn near the whole posse is presently standin' in front of another livin' person. A seviper lady with charmin' manners. Meanwhile, we can hear another, livin', non-recorded voice comin' from a loudspeaker elsewhere in town. So, yer fuckin' wrong, and I suspect yer palkia just fuckin' lied t'you or somethin'."

Jesse scowled and massaged his temples, then shook off the frustration and stepped forward into the restaurant.

"Howdy, ma'am, apologies for my attire and conduct, we're havin' somethin' of a stressful condundrum. Pleasure t'meet ya. I'm Jesse, and these are my associates and friends. We'd be most obliged if y'could provide us all with some soup. We're here in part on behalf of the fella down at the ski lift, a zangoose by th'name of Zeke, to whom we'd very much like to provide some soup to go, but if'n we can order some fer ourselves too that'd be mighty fine. I'm afraid I don't think any of us have currency on us, but the Interdimensional Holiday Committee set us up here, so perhaps you can put the cost on their credit?

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Abigail waved to Sevanna. "Zane's not playing hooky, I found him stuck in the operator's booth. He's been stuck there for what seems to be this entire week, and he's out of food. I would like to feed the poor guy, because I don't want him to starve before the committee that turned this place into a screwy pocket dimension and trapped us all here manages to unfuck all the things they have fucked up. Is there some kind of payment you want or is the murtral good of not having a starving Zangoose good enough?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
  9. zorua
Gen still didn't fully trust Palkia after that whole argument, but didn't speak up. Instead, he walked along with the others, entering the Soupery.

That makes two people here that aren't guests...I thought we were the only ones here?

He clutched onto his reunion cape.

Top Bottom