• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The White Elephant in the Room Playground

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Jeez, son, will ya fuckin' relax? We've confirmed Palkia's innocence twice now already. We're fine. Anyway, that's a funny form of 'protection' ya got there but I see what you meant before."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
  9. zorua
Gen calmed down, though he was clutching tightly onto his reunion cape.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
She narrowed her eyes at Palkia. "There's just one problem, Palkia. You're lying. I don't know what you were lying about, but you made an assumption, and it's about to bite you in the ass."

"You assumed that the fact that I brought a "murder weapon" meant I brought your item. There's just one thing: See, my partner and I both brought killing items. As per our assumptions, one that was meant to kill the nice, and one that was meant to kill us two. Jesse knows the name of the one I brought, which I every reason to believe was meant to kill us."

Abigail smirked. "So. If you really do have the item meant to kill me, you lied about protecting me. Gen saved my like from you that night, then you tried to steal the credit. If you have the item my partner brought... then you must have some way to make our scans against you fail, and the decision of who to kill tonight is about to be come very, very easy... Answer me, what is your item?"

She stopped to give Gen a hug. "One way or another, it's safe to say that you're the one who really saved my life. So... thanks. I owe you one. I owe you everything, really."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Palkia shrugged. "My weapon is The Candy Cane that Killed the Krampus, as you mentioned to us previously. I was solely going off of that. It makes no difference to me if you weren't the one that brought it."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Abigail wagged a finger. "Wrong answer. The item I brought was not a candy cane at all. The Cane That Killed The Krampus is an walking cane. While Vaporeon didn't test it, I assume it to be a cane-sword. There is an killing item that is a candy cane, though. My partner brought The Candy Cane... That Killed The Claus. I think Mia was not the one who killed Santa Claus, but merely an accomplice. Here, we have another furless suspect who did the deed for real."

She turned to Jesse. "So. Can you please confirm the name of my item for me?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
  9. zorua
Gen hugged Abigail back tightly. "T-thank you for saving me."

He hesitated, then made a decision.

He hugged Abigail with one nub, while he tapped the bow of his Reunion Cape with the other nub.

He had no idea if this would work, but it couldn't hurt to try.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
  9. zorua
The Reunion Cape flashed white for a brief moment.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Palkia sighed heavily. "This isn't terribly complicated. I received a cane--a candy cane, the note was very specific--and was told to use it to weed out the Naughty in our ranks. I refrained from using it because there was not a clear target of who to use it on--though I did consider using it on Tabitha last night, had he not implied that it would backfire. The night that I protected you was with the Hen of Hope, not my gift, of course."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Abigail narrowed her eyes. "Yes. I know you claim to have used a hen and not your primary item. That was only a lie if you claimed to have the item I actually brought, which was supposed to kill us. I don't care about that anymore, because the most important question is why you have the The Candy Cane That Killed The Claus, because that means that you're person we have to kill. Do you deny that that is, indeed, the item you have? If not, you're done. If so, why were you lying and claiming to have the Krampus-killing item that I have?"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"I don't have The Candy Cane That Killed The Claus. I have The Candy Cane That Killed The Krampus, as I said from the beginning. It has no particular caveats other than being able to eliminate someone once per night. And since I am on the Nice team, it's natural that the optimal usage would be to find and eliminate all the Naughty guests."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
“My note clearly says it's a candy cane, so we’re at an impasse there,” Palkia said, holding both palms up. “Is there any way for you to ask your room for clarification on the item’s full name?”

“The other thing I’m wondering is why, exactly, you think the Krampus-killing cane is meant to kill you? I was given no indication whatsoever what the function of the gift I brought was. I guessed it might have a swapping power based only on what I read on the Wikipedia.”

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Jesse watched with narrowed eyes and flattened ears as his trusted allies debated the truth.

Magic Intuition said:
She brought The Cane that Killed the Krampus, but doesn’t have it anymore.

"Don't know nothin' about the 'Krampus Cane' bein' candy or otherwise, but the full name of the item as given to me by the sacrificial turtle dove was 'The Cane that Killed the Krampus.' I'm not so sure if this is a real 'gotcha moment', though. I'm still listenin'."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"Well, there is an item that's explicitly a candy cane, and it's the fucking murder weapon that started all this. If that one's was very explicitly a candy cane, and mine was also a candy cane, then then why would the one I brought not be called a candy cane? The names are clearly phrased to be as similar as possible. Seriously, have you ever seen a candy cane just called a 'cane' and not a 'candy cane?' That's like calling candy corn just 'corn.'"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Huh..." Lee hummed. "So, if we already got most of the baddies, and Palkia's the last one standing... That would mean Palkia would have killed Darkwhite, right? Or... not killed."

"That means I can ask her if Palkia did her in," Lee nodded, looking up to Palkia. "Are you sure your item is a candy cane?"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
“That's what the note says," Palkia said with a nod. "Just to be safe, I asked my room if there'd been a mistake. Haven't got a reply yet, imagine it might take a bit. Go ahead and ask Darkwhite while we wait~"

Top Bottom