• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The White Elephant in the Room Playground

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
"Right, okay. Making lists. Mine's mostly the same as yesterday. Aside from Darkwhite being definitely Nice, rather than just being likely," Nilam said. "And... I forgot about Tabitha. Um. I'd say I don't have much of a read on him. Probably not voting him at the moment, because there are better places to focus. Maybe eventually, but not today. I think I'll stick with Mia.

"And... we need to stop waiting to the end of the day to place our vote. The storm won't come any earlier just because we do. But if we wait for when it is coming, we'll end up frantically voting whoever- or nobody. ...And end up no closer to stopping the killer or kidnapper or whoever. If you have a suspect, vote them now, you can always override that vote later if new info appears."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Palkia listened to the electronic voice of the Rotom. "Right, that all tracks well enough, I'd say. Can't say I'll be voting for Mia quite yet, though," it said matter-of-factly.

"Mia, well... She's been quite determined to approach all this from a logical perspective. Rooting out inconsistencies, demanding clarifications. Could be the sort of thing she'd do for either side, of course," Palkia said, shrugging noncommittally. "But the point is, it'll be far easier to learn what her angle is compared to the others that've shown no interest in hunting for the truth."

Many other guests hadn't shown any inclination to get to the bottom of things. No desire to find out who was naughty or nice. So, Palkia decided to start with that.

"The Ralts seems quite convinced that we've got nothing to work with and that we shouldn't bother trying at all, despite everything that happened last night. No opinions, no observations, nothing? I daresay it's almost as if she'd prefer we not uncover anything. I've already announced who I'm not voting for, so among the three unknowns, I'll go with Abigail for now."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
That was incredible power. And only done after most believed her to be innocent. Were her motives to prove a point, so we won't accuse her again? That's fair enough to me, at least.

"No, I only used my power after I was considered innocent 'cuz I had to use it at night. I was fighting for my life back there! Like I said, if I wasn't innocent, I would've extended the day instead of shorten the night. Wouldn't've been as good, though."

Theory: Killers Try To Kill. May Have Tried To Kill In Prior Cycle Of Solar Radiation.

"I mean, I dunno," Darkwhite said. "Was anybody allowed to do stuff on the first night? I thought I still had that old gift back then..."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
The Ralts seems quite convinced that we've got nothing to work with and that we shouldn't bother trying at all, despite everything that happened last night. No opinions, no observations, nothing? I daresay it's almost as if she'd prefer we not uncover anything.
"Hey, let's not misconstrue me." Abigail narrowed her eyes at Palkia. "I said that I have nothing. On the night Mewtwo's gift was unwrapped, the vaporeon didn't find anything that gave evidence as to who the unwrapper was. Tonight, I could hardly be expected to catch someone in the act, because there was no act to catch someone in. I haven't gh ears much more than hunches from anyone else, so... what do you want from me? I can't create information ex nihilo."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Jesse took a deep breath of exhausted satisfaction.

"I still have that 'been up all dang night' feelin', I'm bone-tired, but I been doin' my best to take notes."

He spun the chalkboard dramatically to reveal the flipside, where he had a new table.

"Squirt was murdered prior to any investigatin', and I got no analysis fer his participation. I'm on here for the sake of accountability. Consider it somethin' of a record of people's behaviour, I guess."

NameNotesNameNotesNameNotes
JesseYours truly. Anything I could say about myself in this analysis is biased, but let it be on record that I suggested voting for Nickit to provoke a debut dialogue, but otherwise to skip. My power is non-info, and potentially a liability if used with insufficient info.DarkwhitePlenty of thoughts to offer, but couched in layers of mischief. Tried a hypothetical advice gambit to conceal her night-skipping power, but demonstrated it to the advantage of innocents. Has only skipped, but has levied suspicion on Mia.MiaFixated on details that don't add up and non-rational takes, pushed hard against Lee's info over a pedantic supposition, voted for Darkwhite before walking it back and skipping as she did on day one.
MewtwoExperimentally voted for Palkia before dying early. My sympathies to the sorry bastard.NilamOur keenest voter, never skipping, voted first for Palkia and twice now for Mia. Concerned with an aggressive pursuit of a successful lynch.NickitDead silent to date.
LeeAlways has thoughts to offer. Is the only info-provider to come forward so far, clearing Darkwhite and Palkia of Squirt's murder. Has only skipped. Allegedly can interrogate the dead for a single moment each night.GenTerrified out of his wits at all times, no investigative efforts to speak of. Always votes to skip. Seems authentic, though.TabithaHas mostly criticised tactically unsound assumptions about behaviour, initially skipped but later voted for Darkwhite in pursuit of information.
PalkiaExtensive analysis, seemingly in good faith, attempted a bandwagon-provocation gambit against Darkwhite before walking it back, and has consequently only skipped. Claims to have an entirely underwhelming power.AbigailInherited the power and memories of Vaporeon Blue. Claims to have nothing useful on hand, but to be a potential asset if spared now by means of her alleged info power.NocitlalinAggressively hunted for bingo cards, suggested that daytime voters might be killers, implicating Nilam more than any other living guests.

"Y'all, I'm only human. Or, delphox now I guess. So if I ain't got somethin' right, I beg of ya to correct me, sharpish."

Jesse adjusted the board and wheeled out a second panel, revealing yet more information.

Day 2 vote:
  1. Palkia
  2. Skip
Day 2 voters:
  1. Mewtwo, Nilam
  2. Gen, Lee, Jesse, Darkwhite
    Nocitlalin, Mia, Palkia
Night 2 murder: Mewtwo
Day 3 vote:
  1. Darkwhite
  2. Mia
  3. Skip
Day 3 voters:
  1. Tabitha
  2. Nilam
  3. Lee, Abigail, Gen
    Mia, Palkia, Jesse
Night 3 murder: skipped
Day 4 vote:
  1. Mia
  2. Abigail
  3. Tabitha
Day 4 voters:
  1. Nilam
  2. Palkia
  3. Jesse
Night 4 murder: none yet

"Now, that's an awful lot to contend with, I know. So here are my takes in brief, so as not to take up even more time."

Jesse counted off on his digits.

"I've changed my mind about votin' fer the Nickit jus' 'cause they're silent. I figure we oughta hear from 'em first. It's been long enough now that I reckon they're genuinely hidin', rather than playin' it safe, and I figure that because they didn't respond to my threat of votin' fer 'em at all.

"I don't fancy offin' Abigail until she's had a chance to use this power of hers to benefit the group. Let's give her a shot.

"I'm watchin' Mia carefully, but her keen rational mind is an asset whatever her motivations. Even if I think that quibble about Lee's info is daft.

"I expect everyone who's not been avidly pursuin' the truth to start takin' an interest real quick.

"I'm votin' fer Tabitha, fer much the same reasons as Palkia. I just don't like the choice of Abigail, seein' as she's stuck with the memories and actions inherited from Blue. No offence meant, son, it's not like it's an easy choice or I got any experience puttin' folks on hot coals like this. If'n ya defend yerself persuasively I'm willin' to change my mind.

"Oh, and one last thing."

LIST OF FUCKING BINGO NUMBERS
  • N36, N33, G57, N40, I23
  • N41, I28, B3, B11, N51

"Fer yer fuckin' convenience. Y'all oughta thank me."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Claims to have an entirely underwhelming power.
"Feel I ought to set this straight so it doesn't come as a surprise later--my gift can be of use, but it's situational. It's not the sort of item that can be useful all the time, such as anything meant for surveillance. I've not used it yet, and if anyone happens to have spied on me, they'd know," it said with a wink.
Nocitlalin - Aggressively hunted for bingo cards, suggested that daytime voters might be killers, implicating Nilam more than any other living guests.
Palkia tilted its head. "Is that what the Beldum was implying? Wouldn't have guessed that, myself."
LIST OF FUCKING BINGO NUMBERS
  • N36, N33, G57, N40, I23
  • N41, I28, B3, B11, N51
"Quick note for our dear hosts," Palkia said, waving its bingo card in the air. "Was that meant to be G51, by any chance?"

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
I like when my name's on the board
"Darlin', I'm more'n happy fer ya to have yer name on every board if it'll help us get along."

Jesse scrawled 'DARKWHITE' on each of his chalkboards with a dry grin, then proceeded to take a break from his note-taking by scouring the floors of the building for bingo cards hidden under rugs, carpeting, furniture, loose floorboards etc.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
“Welcome, everybody,” the PS3 cheered, “ to Faith Friday! It’s the perfect time of year to have faith in each other, some god you made up, a real god you made up, or your fellow friends! Please be sure to pray in the form of letters using stationery provided in the cathedral so The Committee can deliver them to your target of worship. If you are not a practitioner of any faith, please do not enter the Cathedral.”

There was no Cathedral on the mount.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Excellent! I love designer stationery," Palkia exclaimed, shrinking down to a size more suitable to visit the miniature cathedral. It paused, looking down at itself, and then with added, "And you said I wouldn't fit," with a dismissive scoff.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
If you are not a practitioner of any faith, please do not enter the Cathedral.
Abigail hadn't noticed a cathedral, but this place was weird enough that she could totally believe there was one somewhere. "Wait, I can't enter it?"

She grumbled. It's not that she really wanted to go into any cathedrals in the first place, but being told she couldn't made her want to do it anyways, just to be contrarian.

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
"I'm votin' fer Tabitha, fer much the same reasons as Palkia. I just don't like the choice of Abigail, seein' as she's stuck with the memories and actions inherited from Blue. No offence meant, son, it's not like it's an easy choice or I got any experience puttin' folks on hot coals like this. If'n ya defend yerself persuasively I'm willin' to change my mind.
"Finally time to defend myself, is it?" He shrugged. "I can't blame you. After all, I do have quite a background." He smiled and closed his eyes. "I can hardly be counted innocent, I suppose, considering I've committed murder, arson, caused landslides, earthquakes, rockfalls, kidnappings, threats... Partially for the sake of Team Magma, but I'd be lying if I said it started there." Opening his eyes, he stood up.

"All I can give in way of defending myself this round is that my ability is successful only at night--but only on particular nights. If you're looking for immediate results or information from me, then the best you'll get is nothing. My presence helps the killers from outnumbering those of us who have have not killed anyone (at least, not at this mountain) and my ability can be put to good use against those who would do harm."

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
Tabitha looked up at the cathedral. His faith focused on the ancestors--praying to those who had gone before him had guided him throughout his life. He still kept the stone tablets of his parents and siblings. Even when he joined Team Magma, those stayed with him--a constant reminder of who he was, of where he came from, of why he lived his life the way he did...

He believed in gods--the presence of Pokemon with world-shattering power was enough for that. Was there a God? Someone who knew his thoughts, motives--who understood him and loved him even with all of his brokenness and evil deeds? Could he still be redeemed? Forgiven? Was he--

"Excellent! I love designer stationery," Palkia exclaimed, shrinking down to a size more suitable to visit the miniature cathedral. It paused, looking down at itself, and then with added, "And you said I wouldn't fit," with a dismissive scoff.
Tabitha closed his eyes, wishing he hadn't heard the last bit. He crawled back under the couch.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
The fleshy pews pulsed to a squishy rhythm. Saliva and other such excretions coated the floor and all the furniture. In the center of the Cathedral stood a basket holding festive stationery of flesh and blood.

No writing utensils, though.

Top Bottom