• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The White Elephant in the Room Playground

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Lee laughed at Jesse's outburst. "Surprised you aren't used to the fuckery of this place yet! It's a miracle we aren't all swapped out in a moment's notice, huh?"

He looked over to Blue, or where he thought she'd be. The room around him was still a bar, but he could kinda, sorta make out the Vaporeon. "Welcome to some nonsense, ass-backwards world where everything's in one place, the technology knows everything about us, and taco tuesday is celebrated on a Wednesday!"

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Oh, this shit's definitely real," grumbled Jesse. "Let's not be solipsisistic about it. Just don't like that folks' identities are shiftin' before my eyes."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Abigail shrugged. "Okay. In that case, my fellow very real people. In that case, I should introdu-
turning back to the chalkboard and replacing 'Blue' with 'Abigail'.
She noticed what the Delphox had written on the chalkboard. "Hold on. I never introduced myself. How did you know my name?"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Jesse gestured to the screen displaying the latest 'dating game'.

"Didn't flash up there or somethin'? I got a memory of it, anyway. Probably about as real as the memories I got of packin' a fuckin' gift and so on."

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Thought that begs the question of why my subconscious would have a Wii try to set me up with an Oshawott dude
“Because you’re hopelessly in love, of course!” said the Wii. “You two have done nothing but fawn over each other these past few days, so why not test that tension? Tell your sweet lover two truths and one lie about yourself. One chance to decide the lie. If he’s wrong, he loses a candle! Then, it’s his turn!”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"U-um...I'm aroace..." Gen said, looking massively uncomfortable.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"The machine is fuckin' with ya. Play along and try to get information outta Abigail or else provide some information yerself that vindicates ya. Nobody here is gonna think you're actually into this total stranger just cause the fuckin' machine says so."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Abigail shrugged. "And I'm lesbian. And not into Oshawott." Though, if she was stuck like this... would she just remain alone? Or would she come to terms with the idea of dating someone... who matched her current condition? She certainly wouldn't want anything to do with the kind of human who'd date a Ralts.

"Let's just give this haunted Wii what it wants so we can move on with our lives. I was a human until a minute ago, I was an orphan, and I lived on-site at a research center. One of those is a lie."

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
"U-um...I'm aroace..." Gen said, looking massively uncomfortable.
The Wii let out a scathing tut tut. “Now, save your lie when you’ve got a turn and two truths to back it up. I’ll save that one for now, but don’t expect the same grace next time.”

After Abigail spoke, the three statements circled around Gen’s quizzical head, each waiting for his choice.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Shock briefly appeared on Gen's face at the human comment, though he quickly tried to hide it.

"Is it...being an orphan?" he asked, sounding unsure.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Okay okay okay okay okay." Darkwhite sank into the couch. "So here's my six possible powers. Or seven, or eight, I dunno, I never played this kind of game before! I'm probably gonna try to do another when this is over or something. Okay so. How should I use my power and stuff if I have these ones? Okay so. Okay."
Palkia listened to Darkwhite rambling on, each power more outlandish than the last, its grin broadening all the while.

"For the first one, that's obviously just a heal with a bit of foresight involved! I trust you're clever enough to work out how to use that."

"Obviously for two, you wait until someone claims a particularly impressive item. The naughty ones might try to remote it from the game, only for you to receive it instead! How fiendish~ Personally, I'd wait until someone claims something that can be used for healing, or spying. But it's up to you." The spatial dragon shrugged exaggeratedly.

"Three - a joint power! How fascinating! I've never heard of anything like that. And yet... I suspect the powers that our holiday gifts hold are anything but ordinary. But if anyone here has the same ability, well... they'd know they could trust you now, wouldn't they?"

"Four - well, clearly you'd want to make it to that night then! But would you win by yourself, or would another side get to share in the glory, that's the real question~"

"Five! Well, all that would do would be to prolong the party! Excellent! Ah, but that would be quite the benefit to the Nice faction, wouldn't you say? We'd get another chance to vote out a Naughty, and they could do nothing to stop us! So much so, that I have a hard time believing that we'd be given such a powerful boon. But you won't see me complaining~"

"Six - congratulations on your party of one! I'm sure you'll have a great time by yourself~"

"Seven - well, that's certainly excessive! Reversing votes and killing all who targeted you? Are you sure you didn't combine two gifts into one there?"

"Eight..." Palkia stopped and tilted its head. "An awful lot of these are quite powerful during both the night and the day, aren't they? A bit too powerful... But if we're just talking about the spotlight, then of course you'd want to make yourself a target, naturally~"

"Nine - well, I'd just use that like a regular heal. You'd just have to be clever about which target you pick at which time, so that you don't waste it when a valuable target isn't even in danger." Palkia leered at her. "Think you're up to the task?"

"Quite an unusual arrangement of abilities. Why, it makes my gift's power look positively ordinary by comparison!" Palkia put a claw to its chest, feigning a sniffle.

"Perhaps a safe question to ask the crowd..." Palkia turned around and spread its arms wide. "The powers that your gifts hold. Do they seem half as outlandish as the ones this Mew just listed off? Or would you say they're more 'typical faire' for this sort of game? No need to say what they do, of course! I'm more curious how many of us are playing with wild, unexpected toys." Its eyes glinted. "Always good to know how much unpredictability we're dealing with."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Not very weird after experiencing it myself. Gen thought as Abigail mentioned "especially the human one." He didn't say it out loud, though.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
I thought the other two would sound weirder... especially the human one.
"Ma'am, I'm a former human, and though the specifics slip my mind, I'm darn sure I overheard a couple folks mention the same applied to them."

The powers that your gifts hold. Do they seem half as outlandish as the ones this Mew just listed off?
"Not even fuckin' close. Mine is as straightforward as I can imagine, and what's more, it might never actually help us. Fer multiple fuckin' reasons. It's not a liability, it just ain't very useful. So I'm frettin' my fur out here about how to make myself useful."

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
A melody floated into the room, soft and played from an out of tune elevator. “Please remember, in this season of love,” a sultry voice began, “to take that special someone on a date. Just you. Just them. We have plenty of couple’s activities from restaurants to ski-lifts, so please make use of them, and don’t forget to tip!”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"D-do I go now?" Gen asked, looking between Abigail and the Wii.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Abigail shrugged. "Nothing might not be the worst thing to accomplish. Still, I expect I can make myself useful in one way or another."
"I know you just got here, but, I don't think that would be the best choice we could make," Nilam said. "The killer, or kidnapper, or whatever, gets another chance to strike and we're not even trying to stop them. Seems like a really, really bad way to head into the night."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"I know you just got here, but, I don't think that would be the best choice we could make," Nilam said. "The killer, or kidnapper, or whatever, gets another chance to strike and we're not even trying to stop them. Seems like a really, really bad way to head into the night."
"Oh, that's not what I meant. It's just I know people here could do worse than nothing if they're not careful."

Top Bottom