• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Maybe we could get Eien's help to try to talk to it, like we did with that parasite." And hadn't that gone spectacularly?

"Get Eien," Diyem told Joule, who nodded and disappeared into the portal again, closing it. They waited quietly, observing the ball of energy.

It was getting brighter...

--

Dave looked at Bahamut. This was the thing they'd done with Owen, wasn't it? Dive into his head, fix things from within? Okay. Sure. "I'll help."

With enough setup between Bahamut and Dave, diving into Soda's mind was trivial. They'd done this before. And, thankfully, Soda had no energy to properly resist.

They were falling--flying, perhaps, with Bahamut's guidance--through a storm of red electricity. It licked at their false bodies, fraying light and scorching armor and fur, but it was nothing they couldn't handle. While their physical bodies had been badly exhausted, their minds were sharp enough to withstand the onslaught.

Deeper and deeper they went...

And then, the storm cleared, passing into the eye. It was familiar to Owen's mindscape when the storm had torn it all apart. But the winds were calming. The wreckage, though, was still there like shattered glass. There were no foes; nothing to battle. Just ruins.

They finally appeared somewhere solid where Dave's paws met ground. It was a small clearing in the middle of a pine forest; temperature wise, it wasn't too far off from Destiny Tower. Frigid. But, somehow, cozy. Perhaps it was summertime, or the beginnings of spring.

In the middle of this clearing was a small, wooden cottage that had been split by the storm. Pieces of wood from the walls littered the clearing, and several trees were fallen over.

"Hmmmff... hah!"

A delicate, feminine voice came from the left side of the cottage. Seconds later, an Empoleon stepped out, picking up one of the logs and carrying it to the cottage. She wedged it into the wall, and the cracks slowly repaired where the pieces touched.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave blinked. "...Adne?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
They waited quietly, observing the ball of energy.

It was getting brighter...
Koa frowned at the ball of energy. "Anyone... Home in there?" he called, though he remained attentive. He still was expecting some kind of trick.

A shame he didn't have Brisa's eyes or Dave's nose for things. He flicked his ears back and forth, wondering if the thing would try to speak again.

Above, Echo flitted in circles around it, nervousness creasing his yellow gaze.

What now? Echo asked.

Koa shrugged and continued watching.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Unlikely, Bahamut figured. A figment of Soda's psyche, perhaps trying to repair things. Though given the extent of the storm, the damage was quite severe.

He probed other areas, looking for signs.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
The barrage of Blacklight attacks hurt. It felt like their body was about to give out with each strike.

Yet, somehow, they were able to prevail. They were badly bruised, and their leaf and petals had a few painful scorch marks, but they prevailed.

They looked around. At the portal to the flooded Cibus. At Dave, Diyem, and Bahamut trying to calm Soda down. At the Eternal Blacklight, now just a small, bright sphere. At their allies, almost all in worse states than they were in.

They winced.

They walked over towards the closest person. Vix. She looked like she was halfway melted. Nonetheless, Saltriv began healing her with Heal Pulses.

They looked up at Cibus above. Flooded, but intact.

Cibus was safe. Soda was safe. All their teammates were safe.

"We...we won!" they shouted, a bright smile on their face shining through the pain.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Dave blinked. "...Adne?"
He probed other areas, looking for signs.

There did not seem to be anything specific in the area; perhaps it was only a vague representation of it all.

But the Empoleon looked at Dave when he called. "Oh, hello," she said. Her voice was calm, almost apologetic, and was older than her youthful appearance suggested. "I'm Adne." She gestured to the cottage. "Ionys is sick right now. A storm hit us at the same time, but I tried to keep his bedside healthy. I was really worried about him yesterday... but I think he's finally starting to get better."

She sighed. "It's a relief. I was worried about him for a long time. I almost completely disappeared from him. It was so dark..."

--
"Hey! Anybody got any sleep shit left on them? Let's knock that thing out for a bit while we figure out what to do."

"Would--would that work?" Owen asked worriedly, but then glanced at the brightening orb. "I don't know if Eien will get here in time. It's about to do something!"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"May I see him? I'm a medic." Bahamut's head tendrils pulsated like blood vessels. "Some friends of his are deeply concerned about his condition."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Okay. Okay. In metaphorical bullshit psyche-land, he was getting better. That was good, right?

Dave looked in the direction of the cottage. "Good. Great. Can we, uh, see him...?" How the fuck did this work.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"We could-" Koa stopped short as the Marstomp threw a pokeball at it.

He tensed, wonder if it would work. From his bag, he readied a protect orb. At the very least, if the pokeball didn't work, they could try an orb and maybe lock it in some kind of barrier.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Adne studied Bahamut, then looked at Dave, considering. "Hmm... I'm not sure why, but I have a good feeling about you two." She gestured to the broken door. "Just be quiet. Oh, and try to dim your lights. Ionys likes the dark when he's feeling sick." And then, she went back to carrying the logs.

Inside the cottage, Adne was cooking up some soup, and she looked back at Bahamut and Dave. "Oh, hello," Adne greeted. "If you're looking for Ionys, he's in the back. Are you two medics? Thank you. I've reached out for some for a while, but I understand if you're busy..."

--

The ball struck the core, which retaliated with a beam of Blacklight toward Nate. A golden shield quickly protected Nate, and Owen's spirit, anchored to the aether tree, nodded at him.

And then...

The Poke Ball popped open... And in a deep, crimson stream of light, the Blacklight Core flowed into the ball.

It wiggled once...

Twice...

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
Nate was too weary to dodge the bolt of energy that shot out of the core--too weary to do anything but register brief shock and irritation. Then the Blacklight beam sizzled off a barrier that hadn't been there a second before. Nate jerked around to see Owen nodding his way. "Thanks," he said, but didn't take his eyes off the pokéball for more than a second.

Nate scowled down at the shivering pokéball. Fucker still had some fight left in it, did it? Nothing to do now but wait and see.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"My sincere apologies. It's a busy time of years." Bahamut tucked his head down. His dragon form shrank and darkened to the base crystalline variant. "I understand he prefers things black when he's ill. Please, lead the way."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Well, Bahamut was a kind of medic. Dave increasingly wasn't sure what he was even doing here, but nodded vaguely to Adne and followed them to the back, silent.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Adne gestured them down the hall, saying that she needed to keep the soup warm.

The halls were a broken mess. Wind must have swept up the furniture and tossed it all asunder. But one room was safe, well-guarded, and repaired. Or perhaps it had been safe all along. The door creaked open; it was darker inside, but it was a cozy darkness. Inside were two figures. One was Adne, sitting by a tall bed that was almost human in nature, complete with covers and a pillow. It was stained with the elements, maybe some mess from eating in bed here and there. Laying was a Zoroark with graying fur, eyes open and staring at the ceiling. He looked like he only had enough strength to sit up, if at all, but his eyes trailed to Bahamut and Dave when they entered.

Adne glanced at them, looking protective at first. Soda hade a weak, quelling gesture, and she stood down, glancing at Dave in particular.

--

The ball shook for a third time, just as a portal opened behind the group. Joule didn't peek through this time; instead, Arceus did, emerging quickly to eye the ball.

And then, the top of the ball cracked. Horrible light poured out from it.

Arceus fired a beam of silver light from one of the repaired gems on his wheel. It quickly transformed into a tendril that wrapped around the ball, clinging tight with an ethereal ring. The cracked ball remained, but no more light poured out. The shaking stopped... and the ball let out a soft click.

--

Soda sighed, sinking into his bed. "It's over," he whispered.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Hello, Soda." Bahamut's tone was calm. Even. Perhaps rehearsed. "How are you feeling?"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"Over?" Dave said, taking a cautious step toward the bedside. "If you mean the Eternal Blacklight, yeah. We sorted that out. You're going to be fine." He glanced back at the Empoleon. "Seems like Adne's taking pretty good care of things in here."

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
Nate's heart jolted when the pokéball began to crack. Shit. That wasn't exactly easy to do from the inside.

It seemed Pop had things under control, though. Nate relaxed, a little, when the ball clicked, but he didn't know if he could let his guard down yet. "Think it's safe?" he asked the arceus. "Or is it gonna gather more power and come busting out of there, you think?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Yeah," Soda replied to Dave. "...It's all done... You guys handled it. Surprise, surprise..." Soda glanced at Bahamut. "I feel like shit."

"Now, don't talk like that," Adne chided gently, producing a small bag of ice to place on Soda's head, replacing the old one that had become a bag of water.

Outside, another log slid into place, and Adne puffed with fatigue. After some rest, though, she continued on.

--

"...It is sealed," Pop said warily. "But it will escape soon. We cannot let that happen here. It must be... disposed of."

Owen frowned, but nodded. "It's... It's that Eternatus, isn't it?" he asked. "It's..."

Pop gave Owen an apologetic look. "I'm sorry if I am overpowering your decisions, but I must make this choice for Cibus. Everyone, please stand back."

Already, the wheel around his body started to glow. Hundreds of filaments of light emerged, more brilliant than ever, now that the Blacklight's influence had finally ebbed away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom