• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Daddy, you… you aren’t looking too good…”

And that was true. Plumes of Radiance sputtered from holes in the half daemon’s body, which were barely held together only by the quasar’s gravity. He didn’t understand why he felt so… so very drained. Was there something inside that strange orb that made him feel like that?

A cosmic projectile headed toward him, but Keo’Keo lurched forward to repel it, sending a freezing blast in Soda’s direction. The Zoroark winced temporarily, before he shouted again as he was stunned by the memories of his substitute.

Petram flinched, wondering how painful those memories must be. However, he was brought back to Icetales when he heard him whimpering — this time, darkness was infesting his spirit, too, and the nebula on his back grew in strength. Black and golden bolts coursed through Icetales’ body, while the gravity of the black hole intensified further.

“D-Daddy…” whispered Petram, before holding out his paws. “Hang in there! I—”

The shade squealed in pain when he felt the energies of both Radiance and Shadow grazing his skin, and he pulled away before looking at his arms. They quivered like gelatin for a moment, then the light and darkness dispersed in small flickers. He tilted his head and stared at the star in his chest, noticing how it pulsed with eternal power and absorbed the cosmic dust.

That gave him an idea.

“Hey. Lemme try something, okah?” Petram held out his paws. “You’ll be fine. I know you will!” He closed his eyes. I hope you will…

Red energy pulsed into Petram’s chest, then a dark beam of shadows was shot from his arms into Icetales. If the half daemon was born from darkness, then maybe darkness would have helped him. He would have lent to his dear father a helping paw.

Icetales is brimming with power…

Radiance.

Shadow.

Eterna.

…Chaos.

Without warning, the overloaded fox sprinted forward, much to the shock of the shade. Roaring with might and anguish, Icetales’ channeled all his sorcerer’s talents to hold that energy into place… until he couldn’t hold it anymore.

Supernova-Explosion-Animation.gif

Golden. Red. Black. Then, only white.

———

‘…B-by the stars. What happened?’

Black nothingness. Only black surrounded Icetales. He glanced frantically all around, trying to understand where he was.

That wasn’t Chaos, nor the Voidlands, nor the Twilight.

‘What… is this place?’

Oh, this? Well, this is merely darkness, host mine. Even though… it seems I am the host now.

‘What?’

Icetales looked all around. Still black. Still nobody.

‘Darkness mine…?’

Literally, yes.

‘Thou art… all around me?’

Again, yes. Whatever we did basically… destroyed our body, but we are still alive. That quasar, our own power… is holding us together. Our essence… our darkness… us.

‘That is… most reassuring. I suppose.’

Now, listen carefully. We do not have much time, and the world is still in peril.

Icetales did as told, glancing casually at the darkness all around him.

These opponents we are facing… Thou cannot simply face them by appealing to their emotions. Perhaps Soda can be spared, but that… abomination. It must be struck down. At all costs.

‘But…’

No buts, host mine. This is not the time to hesitate, nor to be friendly and accommodating as we always are. No. This is the time to extend our claws, to showcase our true might, to truly be… what we are.

There is a time to think like a ‘mon, but this time isn’t now anymore. It is time… to behave like a beast.

Like a daemon. A sorcerer. A killer of stars. And the target… it’s that horrifying amalgamation of malevolent energies.

Icetales looked at his paws and ran them on the black floor.

‘I… Art thee sure?’

Do not be afraid. Even if we both know we are like Father, it doesn’t mean we have to
become Father. Our heart… it will always lead our way. Petram… he will be our beacon that ties us to this world. Him… and all our friends.

Father never had anyone to care for. We have… all of them. Never let go of them, and I, thy darkness, shall never let go of thee and always be thy ally.

Host and darkness stayed silent for a moment, before Icetales nodded. Red fumes enveloped the fox, and his eyes glowed with a crimson aura.

Now go, and show to everyone the true power of Chaos!

———

Back on the moon, Petram was frantically looking between the emerging Blacklight and its horrendous faces… and the tiny black hole that was his father. A red mist surrounded it, and the shade found himself at a loss of what to do.

But before he could further blame himself for turning Daddy into that, the red aura pulsed and quivered. Petram stared apprehensively at it, wondering what would have happened next.

Then, the black hole detonated, and Petram held his paws in front of his face, defensively. Red distorted mist surrounded his hind legs, and faint black tendrils seemed to course on the floor.

Oh, darn! Did Icetales turn into a Blacklight Whatever?!

But then, the black hole expanded, slowly forming once more the shape of the half daemon. Red wisps were mixed with the Radiance and Shadow, making him look like something that came out from Chaos itself.

“Daddy…?”

Icetales stared at Petram. A stoic expression at first, but the half daemon gave a nod and a small smile. Petram felt relief washing over him: Daddy was still there, even if he could tell that something was… different. The Ninetales… radiated true power and confidence.

Without a word, Icetales flicked a tail, and a wave of golden light and bells were sent away. Without effort, without needing to see where they went. His control on his sorcery was absolute in that moment.

However, it wasn’t over yet.

He focused on the titanic opponent, then on the silent screams on that abomination. No flinching, no terror. Just contempt and anger.

“It is time.”

Radiance, Shadow and Eterna converged into a point in the middle of the tails. From their confusing blend emerged Chaos, which took the shape of the Soul Blade. Icetales held into his jaws, and yet his words came out clear.

“It is time for thee… to behold a power as great as Blacklight…”

Icetales ran toward the titan, letting the strange gravity make him perform long and high jumps…

“Yield under the power of Chaos…”

The scythe vibrated with cosmic power…

“This Chaos power of mine…”

He jumped, aiming the blade straight at the head…

“The might of Kyukon, the Bastard Starkiller!”

And so, Icetales let himself go in a wild frenzy of swipes and slashes, wanting nothing more than to tear that entity apart.

Fierce, relentless and soul-thirsty.

A true daemon.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv watched in horror as the horrid beast crawled out from the moon. They were frozen in fear, as they saw their teammate's agonized faces on its tendrils.

They stared at their own face, contorted in agony, and memories flashed through their mind, of every time they had been hurt.

Saltriv said:
No! We needed to get through this! We needed to find Flapple! We couldn’t lose here after making it halfway through the dungeon! I needed to do something! I needed to!
Saltriv said:
"Where...am I? Burhalla? Gen? Mom? Dad? Where are you?
Bahamut said:
"If she's destabilizing, then there's the possibility she could explode from her radiance. Healing her only makes that more likely. Are you trying to get us killed?"
Saltriv said:
Then they felt an impact, and their world was filled with darkness.The space they were in was uncomfortably cramped. They couldn't move. They could barely breathe. They were scared. They wanted out. They wanted help.
Saltriv said:
The Bayleef stared at the Voice of Blacklight, a hollow look on their face.
Soda said:
"Idiot's a liability! Who brought the Bayleef here?!"
Winter said:
"We hurt them! We failed them! They probably hate us now!"
Saltriv said:
The air around Saltriv SNAPPED and twisted the same way it had hit Shield.
Burhalla said:
"They're all gone. All because you couldn't save them. All because... you couldn't keep it together."
Gen said:
"I...I didn't think y-you'd believe me."

The memories swirled around their mind, clouding it, making it hard to think.

There was nothing they could do against something this horrifying. Nothing they could do to damage it. Nothing they could do to stop it.

...no.

No.

They might not be able to hurt it...

...but their teammates could, and Saltriv would give them everything they got.

A scalchop formed on the base of their neck, and their tail lit with a bright flame. Lines of light erupted from them, shooting off towards every member of Team Spectrum, and even beyond, many reaching down to Cibus, and their allies down there. Everyone Saltriv had known personally was connected to them.

Saltriv Unleashed their Empathy!

The lines of light surged with energy. Some shot off a bright light from Saltriv to one of their allies, boosting their power. Others had blacklight surge back in through them towards Saltriv, drained away from their allies. And all the while, autumn leaves rained down, swirling around their friends.

They would win this. They would save everyone. They'd defeat the Eternal Blacklight, and Cibus, and all their friends, would be saved.

"EVERYONE! DON'T LET UP! NO MATTER WHAT! I'M SUPPORTING YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY! WE CAN DO THIS! WE'LL DEFEAT THIS! WE'LL SAVE CIBUS!"

Saltriv's Eternal Spirit is burning! They're determined to save everyone!

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
There was a twisted familiarity about Bahamut absorbing the Blacklight's first blow. That was the power he was used to. Power that neutralized strikes from foes that claimed to be strong, but really weren't. He stretched his ethereal neck, glancing at Diyem wrestling with Soda. So, in the end, it really was about forcible separation. But that didn't mean Soda was magical cured. If this Blacklight is operating independently... then it might have already finished eating away at Soda's psyche to the point of nothingness.

And, like clockwork, all around him his teammates began to do the thing he hated oh-so much. Those foolish speeches and statements. Who were they trying to impress, the Blacklight?

Bahamut drifted toward Diyem. Because action spoke louder than words here. Though he looked around at the unown. Had they gone catatonic? "Did you see that?" he telepathically pulsed. "That was real power. You can join us and share it, or ignore us and float there like the useless lumps we all know you are."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
(Earlier:)

Brisa put a paw on his shoulder, Radiance buzzing from her form. The touch was searing, but came with a painful clarity of purpose, a shield forming around him. "Come on, Dad. We can do this, if'n we all do our best t'gether."

And it was cheesy as fuck, but in this moment, with the Radiant touch, Brisa's unflinching earnestness rang somehow obviously true. "Yeah. Yeah, we can."

--

"I... I know you aren't real," Green said, pointing. "The real Adne is back home... dead. She's dead, and I was okay with that! I remember, you demon! YOU WON'T CONTROL ME ANYMORE!"
Dave looked back at Green. It wasn't a surprise, not really. When had he remembered? Just now, or before?

Maybe he could ask, later. There'd be a later.

A mass of Blacklight rose up, a writhing amalgam of vaguely familiar faces, and fuck all of that bullshit. He looked away and drew on the Blacklight within him, feeling it melt through his body with toxicity, and dashed forward with teeth bared, eyes trained only on the thing's overall form.

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
"Some fucking god," Nate sneered as Soda went down, pinned by Diyem and one of his own substitutes. Fucking pathetic. After all the big talk and the fucking moon cannon, that shithead cracked almost immediately once he'd actually come under fire.

Rocky hung back, watching Nate nervously. He could tell the marshtomp was in a bad mood, and it looked like he was going to run out of things to attack to make himself feel better soon.

Or that's what it looked like, anyway, until the rocky ground tore away and something bubbled up from underneath, raising arms that bulged with anguished faces, like there were bad memories trapped under skin.

"Fucking hell," Nate said. "Give me the pokéball!"

"The pokéball?" Rocky was already looking for it, though, and handed it over without complaint.

"Yeah. It's some kinda Blacklight shit, ain't it? Maybe the main parasite or whatever the fuck. If we take it down and it does something like go for Diyem again, I'm gonna try to catch it before it can."

"Do you think even think it's a pokémon?" Rocky asked, glancing nervously at the pulsing, shifting monster reaching out from the moon's surface. He seemed afraid to look at it full on, like if he did he thought he'd be drawn in somehow.

"Who knows? But I can't make barriers or nothing. There ain't much else I can do, so might as well try it," Nate said, leaning in over the pokéball, watching the Blacklight thing writhe. "Even if it only gets sucked in for a few seconds, maybe that'll give somebody else the time to do something about it." Even with all his Blacklight shit, it wasn't like he'd be able to do nothing more. Who the fuck needed it?

"Don't hit the unown!"

"I ain't gonna hit the fucking unown!" Nate scowled and tightened his grip on the pokéball. If weird shit was gonna go down, it was bound to happen fast. It all depended on whether there would be an opening...

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Flames tore across the false atmosphere, dissolving a crowd of shadows in a relentless blaze. Starr was on autopilot, not letting herself think about anything other than taking them all out so her team could fight back against that lunatic. She had a job to do, and she was damn well gonna do it.

Her shadow was still there, though, still striking back with unending fury, refusing to let up.

"What the fuck do you want from me? Fuck off." Starr wasn't going to let herself feel anything. Not now.

"Not until you stop lying to yourself," Astrid replied.

"You can say whatever the hell you want, that doesn't make it any less bullshit." Everyone always acted like their shadows were the truth, but hers wasn't. She'd rejected that truth.

Astrid--god, she hated thinking of the shadow by that name--had fallen back, and for a moment, Starr thought she was done attacking. But no--she'd joined up with Sombra, golden flames and dark lightning swirling around them, aiming straight for--Brisa.

Starr's breath caught in her chest. "Fucking--what the hell are you doing?!" She lunged at the shadow in a full-body tackle, knocking her to the ground.

"You act like you're supposed to be me, and then you go and pull shit like that?" Starr snapped, locking her fists around Astrid's wrists.

"Didn't you?"

Starr recoiled like she'd been slapped, even as every inch of her was screaming to ignore it, ignore it, that doesn't matter anymore, it doesn't--

"You're still trying to forget! Always trying to rip the past out of yourself, and for what? It hurts! It hurts and you hate it! Or are you going to deny that too?"

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
And then, when most of the onslaught had subsided and the Blacklight’s armor had been pierced, Astrid saw her opening and did not think twice.

She dove in headfirst, leaping with the entrails of Starr’s blazing inferno coalescing around her, burning brighter and brighter with Owen’s growing energy. The fire—so much fire—danced and danced around her feet, and for only a moment, she could feel it, wield it, make it her own. She could feel her own energy resonate back within Starr, within Brisa—and yes, she knew. She knew, then and there, that they would win.

She would make sure of it.

“It IS mine to keep!” she roared, lunging forth. This was all she had left to give. She would make sure of it. They would make sure of it, they would fight to the end because the end was upon them anyway. One way or another, it would be over soon. They’d have to leave. They would win! They would save Cibus! Then they wouldn’t see each other ever again. It would be over. Forgotten. They would win. Never see them again. Gone, forever. A world saved, a world forgotten.

“You think you can stop me…” Astrid snarled at the Blacklight, “by telling me that? Huh? Forcing it into my head? Fuck you, I know it’s almost over! Make it hurt then! I’ll never hold back! I’ll burn bright!!”

They would save Cibus. She would explode inside of its shadow-ridden guts if she had to.

Astrid’s Leap of Faith onslaught dealt 20549 damage (or 52765 unresisted) to the Eternal Blacklight!

And that’s exactly what she did.

Astrid’s finale Blinding Meltdown dealt 557 damage to the Eternal Blacklight!

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
She swallowed hard. This was going to take courage. Brisa dragged Shadows from inside herself, her fur crackling with the kind of electrostatic discharge that stopped hearts. For a second, looking up at all the darkness she'd ever lived through, it stopped her own.

No foe in all Creation measured up to the monstrosity looming above. Brisa's strikes would have to bring unprecedented strength to bear against it; she needed not just the support of the whole team, but that physics-defying power she'd used only twice before. She remembered how it had felt, the kiss of lightning, the thrill of wielding a living storm, the sense of glowing. That taste of limitless electrical power, such as the true Wandering Light might use.

The air tasted like blood and Blacklight. Electricity crackled in her vision and across her fur. She wasn't finished.

Astrid... I'll do my best fer you!
She accepted the plume of fire wordlessly, her will to fight equal to the pain.

Let's see how y'handle this.

Then it struck her.

Luz . . . that was you?

Luz didn't send a word back, but Brisa could tell somehow that the Void Eterna was smirking.

Now she understood. Brisa's best was not only her own, but her friends', and now she had a power born from Luz. Her reflection. Her hopes personified. With someone like that supporting her . . . Brisa wouldn't dare hold back.

Brisa's Eternal Spirit is burning! She'll give her all and then some!

The team worked together with greater precision and cooperation than ever before, improving time and time again, never letting up against their foes. Brisa was strong, sure, but her strength alone was nothing to the strength in her when fighting like this. Vix's wrath, Dave's conviction, Icetales' encouragement, Saltriv's compassion, Astrid's faith, and Starr's love. More even than only them. Everyone.

Her heart brimmed with love and strength. She knew what came next, and maybe, with that, they stood a chance.

Brisa received a lot of support from the team! Her energy intertwined with the energies of her friends!

Unlimited electrical power, searing Blacklight energy, a cascading resonance echoing between her and those she cared for and who cared for her...

Yes, her time here had hurt. There was pain in those experiences. She suffered. But that wasn't all there'd been, goddamnit. She'd loved and been loved like never before, and she'd never take it back, never regret, never be anything less than grateful! It had been worth it!

Brisa struck the Eternal Blacklight, her lightning arcing across the lunar surface, a supercell bursting over and over, endless and furious and bright.

Brisa's Supercharged Fulminating Scourge dealt a CRITICAL 26184 damage to the Eternal Blacklight!

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Cynthian's Ruin dealt 1000 Freeze to the Eternal Blacklight's Head!
Jaro's Hex IV dealt 800 Poison to the Eternal Blacklight's Head!
Seyka's Blink hastened Cabot
Shiron's Blink hastened Brisa
Shiron's Blink hastened Icetales
Curio's Vivify revitalized Starr!
Mellow's Soothe III calmed Brisa's Shadows!
Lauchs' Shield IV protected Cabot!

Team Spectrum's Support fighters gave the party a SUPPORT BURST!

Saltriv's Eternal Spirit is Burning! They're determined to salve the team's corruption!
Saltriv's Empathy connected them to their friends! Saltriv's pure words rallied Cabot, Owen, Koa, Icetales, Brisa and Starr! Their corruption was doubly reduced!
Saltriv's Brilliant Autumn soothed and protected Cabot, Brisa, and Vix! Their corruption was doubly reduced!
Saltriv's Void Acceptance reduced the corruption around Cabot, Brisa, and Starr!
Icetales' Brilliant Inspirit empowered Brisa, Starr, Cabot, and Owen!
Icetales' Revitalizing Rejuvenating Heal Bell restored Brisa, Cabot, Dave, and Vix!
Vix's Umbral Ire empowered themself and Cabot!
Vix's Justice drained Cabot's Shadows!
Owen's Eternal Spirit is burning! His heart beats as one with his friends'!
Owen's Shining Bestow granted strength, protection, and blazing power to Starr, Koa, and Astrid!
Koa called out to Astrid! His pure words reached her!
Koa's Conduit let Astrid trade her Shadows for Starr's Radiance!

Dave's Double Dip Chilly Seeds dealt 1200 Freeze to the Eternal Blacklight!
Dave's triple Hexternalized Poisonous Crunches dealt 725 damage, -2250 Defense, and 1800 Poison to the Eternal Blacklight!
Brisa's Tenacious octodecuple strikes dealt 3000 Paralysis to the Eternal Blacklight! Its tendrils were stunned!

Vix's Brilliant Justice dealt 1408 damage to the Eternal Blacklight!
Owen's Void Demon dealt 666 damage to The Eternal Blacklight's left tendril, and then 12327 damage from the stored Overheats!
Brisa's Eternal Spirit is burning! She'll give her all and then some!
Brisa received a lot of support from the team! Her energy intertwined with the energies of her friends!
Brisa's Supercharged Fulminating Scourge dealt CRITICAL damage to the Eternal Blacklight!
Left tendril: 7303
Right tendril: 11202
Head: 7218
Body: 461

The left tendril was destroyed! The main body took 5000 damage!

Koa's Vehement Voice of Thunder dealt damage to the Eternal Blacklight!
Head: 18117
Right tendril: 1081

Icetales' Eternal Spirit still burns! He calls upon the power of Chaos!
Icetales' quadripartite Chaos Scythe dealt 3331 damage to the Eternal Blacklight!

The head was destroyed! The main body took 7500 damage!

Starr received a lot of support from the team! Her energy intertwined with the energies of her friends!
Starr's Insurgent Pyretic Ignition dealt a CRITICAL damage to the Eternal Blacklight!
Right tendril: 8974
Body: 15462

The right tendril was destroyed! The main body took 5000 damage!

Astrid's energy intertwined with the energies of her friends! Astrid trusted in those that Inspire her...!
Astrid's Leap of Faith dealt a CRITICAL 21106 damage to the Eternal Blacklight!
Cabot received a lot of support from the team! His Synergy copied their powers!

Cabot's Atramentous Meteor Storm dealt a CRITICAL 4815 damage to the Eternal Blacklight!

The Eternal Blacklight was reduced to its Core!

They had done the impossible; all of their attacks, all of their strive, all of their pain and blood and tears had culminated into a final coordinated assault against the plague that had Cibus wrapped in its corrosive grip. And now, as it flailed and lashed out at the team, this tiny team of tens of heroes, it was unable to overcome.

In a spectacular blast of moonrocks and Eternal Blacklight energy that flew and dissipated into space, a single, pulsating core of energy remained, floating high. "There!" Owen shouted. "Now! Before it reforms!"

Several Unown were drifting toward it again, but several more were circling around Bahamut and his calls. Some drifted to Saltriv, too, while many more seemed completely aimless and dazed, perhaps unconscious. Diyem had pressed Ionys into the ground; the divine energy in his body was flickering, and his fur was turning back to normal. His crazed shouts, however, did not stop, even as his body no longer supported that power. His struggles were getting weak, but there was still silver fire in his eyes.

I'll call for a warp back home when this is through, Diyem said. Go! End this! Wait--no! Brace yourselves!

Owen was already ahead of him, warning them of a massive singularity of energy coming from the Core. Wishkeeper warded them all back and tried to protect who he could. The meteors fell first, destroying all of their shields and any attempts at coordinating or dodging through what they had. Next came a concentrated beam where they all stood in an easy-to-counter circle before it. And then, the Core itself exploded in a horrible flash, leaving a crater where they all withstood the blows...

The Eternal Blacklight's Cataclysm came raining down! While some could dodge and block a few blows, everyone was damaged!
Brisa: 161
Cabot: Lauchs took a little under half the hit, left behind a Protect, and then the rest of the blows hit for 217 damage!
Dave: 539, KO!
Icetales: 225
Conduit: Nope
Koa: 596
Owen: 82
Saltriv: 284
Starr: 216
Vix: 179

The Eternal Blacklight used Blacklight Z-Burst on the Top zone!
Brisa: 229
Cabot: 313, Second Chance!
Icetales: 122
Koa: 914, KO!
Owen: 131
Saltriv: 212
Starr: 289, KO!
Vix: 225

The Eternal Blacklight used Blacklight Meltdown everywhere!
Brisa: 107, KO!
Cabot: KO!
Icetales: 65
Owen: 62
Saltriv: 117
Vix: 109, KO!

Koa, Cabot, and Vix were revived!
Brisa, Starr, and Astrid are down!

But when it all settled--when, somehow, a few of Team Spectrum had withstood it all, and several more rose to the golden light of their equipment... it stood there, depleted of energy, trying to gather more from within.

The Eternal Blacklight Core: 1

It no longer has the energy to fight.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut’s light rippled from explosions behind him. His head swiveled around. “Well, that was anticlimactic. Maybe we should hurl that thing into a black hole.”

He looked at the unown. “Can you use Miracle Eye?” Bahamut looked at Diyem. “Otherwise we need to get Mewtwo ASAP.”

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Koa panted, his body heaving with exertion, his thoughts still swirling with blacklight energy. He could still feel the fading tingle of that reviver seed he'd bought, that had kept him alive.

Was it over?

The core seemed still, weak. As if it couldn't fight any longer. Yet his entire body still felt on edge.

His gaze darted around the battlefield and he sought out Brisa, finally spotting her a short distance away. Stunned, but alive. As the rest of the team seemed to be, in varying state of strength.

Looking back to the parasite creature, he prepared himself for another fight, in case it tried anything.

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
It was all over in one huge attack, energy blasts annihilating the monster's creepy tentacles and exposing is glowing core. And then came the counterattack, sheets of Blacklight energy, meteor impacts, and, finally, another massive explosion.

The blast of Blacklight power might have launched Nate halfway across the moon if he hadn't hit the rocky side of a crater first. As it was, he was only lucky that the people on the front lines took the majority of the debris and energy waves for him. Even with a few hasty protects, he was left bloodied and groaning, barely conscious after the last furious release of Blacklight. He squinted through the dust and last crackling energy discharges, slowly dragging himself back to his feet.

All that was left of the Blacklight thing was a sinister-looking ball of power, mottled with darkness and sickening red. For now, it didn't look like it was doing anything. Nate didn't trust that. He gripped his pokéball tightly, ready for any sign of attack.

"Hello?" Rocky called out to the dimly-glowing orb. "Are you... okay?"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Team Spectrum attacked like a well-oiled machine. The Blacklight apparition was reduced to a flailing mass and then to a tiny core.

And then a meteor flattened Dave into the dirt, and that was just the start of it.

When he came to, bleeding, head spinning, something was insistently prodding his shoulder.

"Are you dead?" Mia's voice. More intense than usual. Like she cared. Kind of.

"Mmmgh." He struggled to move his aching limbs. "Let me get back to you on that."

"That's good." She passed him an Oran Berry. It wasn't much in his current state, but enough to just about get his feet under him. He swayed, trying to maintain balance. Over by Diyem, Soda was still yelling incoherently. He started to drag himself over in that direction. Mia frowned and moved up against his side to help keep him upright.

"Soda?" he said, voice shaking. He'd be fine. They'd taken the thing out. He was supposed to be fine.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
“Can you use Miracle Eye?” Bahamut looked at Diyem. “Otherwise we need to get Mewtwo ASAP.”

"We don't have time for that." Diyem held out a massive claw toward Bahamut. "Enhance your powers with my Shadows. It will bypass his Dark typing."

Looking back to the parasite creature, he prepared himself for another fight, in case it tried anything.
"Hello?" Rocky called out to the dimly-glowing orb. "Are you... okay?"

The dim orb did not respond. It did not move immediately, but it was drifting. Several Unown were still trying to collect toward it, but trivial blasts from others kept them away. Was it a Pokemon that could be captured, or was it something entirely different, uncapturable?

It seemed that the team had a choice--observe it until Arceus and others could get there, and risk it reforming its power, try to capture it, or strike it immediately. Owen had a few Umbral Storages ready, and when he spoke, it was with Wishkeeper's intonations. "We came here to get rid of it. Its power is too much to contain. Shouldn't we destroy it before it gathers power again?"

But then he shook his head. His intonation became more familiar. "But what if it's something we can... study, or..."

Back to Wishkeeper. "Leave it to the Overseers. This thing does not belong on Cibus."

"Soda?" he said, voice shaking. He'd be fine. They'd taken the thing out. He was supposed to be fine.

Green was nearby, looking winded and shaken. He was holding at his side. Despite all of the danger, Diyem had shielded him from most of the blast, and he only had a few scuffs to his name.

Ionys kept muttering things, glancing at Dave with a mad look in his eyes. "You ruined it," Ionys hissed. "You ruined my world, why? I told you everything, I told you!"

A portal opened nearby and Joule peeked inside. "Is everything all right?" he called. Behind him was a flooded Destiny Village, with water up and over the buildings. Far in the distance were countless islands haphazardly formed by Groudon's power where a rainbow of dots stood, dry and safe. The water level seemed to be receding.

Shadows were bring drawn from Ionys and into Diyem. The energy continued to leave Ionys' eyes, but he still seemed furious, with a dash of confusion. Light was trailing into Diyem as well by a smaller amount, along with a deep, red energy. The corruption that coursed through Ionys was more than anything they'd ever seen, but Diyem was surprisingly delicate.

"Bahamut," Diyem said. "I would normally have Soda go to someone like Breaker, once his corruption is gone. But if you think you can help now..."

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
"Whoah. Destroy?" Nate said. "Ain't that a bad idea? Like with the whole Dark Matter where you bust it and that just makes it come back stronger? I know this ain't a Dark Matter, but... They got a thing or two in common, don't they?"

Nate watched the orb drift around, nervous. Rocky was tracking its movements, too, looking at least as tense as Nate felt. He didn't like this situation one fucking bit. What the fuck had happened to the missing eternatus that was on Telum? Unless it was supposed to have turned into that. Never mind that they had no idea what the fuck this thing was capable of.

"I can try catching it, at least," Nate said, hefting the pokéball. "Or somebody else could stick it in a barrier or whatever." It looked like the mightyena was... busy. "Maybe we could get Eien's help to try to talk to it, like we did with that parasite." And hadn't that gone spectacularly?

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
As the Eternal Blacklight was eviscerated, and subsequently lashed out, Vix wasn't really scared... or angry, or worried anymore... for some reason she wasn't even happy, either. Her body was pelted by attack after attack, riddled with blacklight to the point of exhaustion... if it wasn't for the reviver she had packed, and Drake protecting her from the last of the Eternal Blacklight's meltdown, she wouldn't have seen the end of this fight.

Vix, instead, felt proud, she thought. It was faint, and not really familiar, but that was Vix's best guess. For Drake's first, and hopefully, final world-saving battle, he did good. She wasn't sure, but it felt like it their attack was only as strong as it was because of him. A small smile cracked over her face, and she reached for her bag. She pulled out her eyes, wiping off some dirt and tiny black embers, and placed it back on her face. It took a moment for her eyes to readjust, and take everything in.

The moon was a fucking wreck.

So was the team. Hell, so was she. Her body was still holding together, but touching her would leave a waxy residue on whatever touched her. But, luckily, the Eternal Blacklight wasn't doing much better either. It was so weak, so frail looking... someone could have sneezed at it, and it'd have turned to dust, probably. So... by the rule of "which team has more members that can still move," Team Spectrum had won!

But it wasn't long for Vix's attention to avert somewhere else...

Ionys kept muttering things, glancing at Dave with a mad look in his eyes. "You ruined it," Ionys hissed. "You ruined my world, why? I told you everything, I told you!"

Vix didn't even say anything, floating out of Drake's arms and over to Soda. He was... delirious, still. He hardly looked like himself. He was still... hurting...

"Soda..." she muttered, floating over to Soda's side. Her flame dimmed, as did her eyes.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Enough." Bahamut stuck his tail and wings out. "Frayed emotions are more damaging to a shattered psyche than helpful. Step back." It wasn't clear who was being addressed, but an ethereal tendril extended toward Diyem.

Bahamut looked down at Soda. Or what he had become. So very... familiar. Perhaps that was an opening. "If you please," he said to Diyem. Then his beak opened, he hacked up his prismatic core, and let it strike Soda's forehead.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
A well-aimed swing, and the head of that monstrosity was cleanly cut off. Sickening miasma poured from the gash, spewing vapors that reminded Icetales of the most horrifying and ghastly memories.

Oh, but with his daemonic blood stunting his least pleasant feelings, he felt the action of shredding that entity almost exhilarating! Though, he kept that to himself and his darkness, not wanting to be corrupted by his own thirst of bloodbath.

He landed on the moon after the act, before taking many sharp breaths. Swinging that weapon was much harder than he expected, and he felt suddenly… spent. Barely able to move.

There was a cacophony of anguished screams as the incarnation of Blacklight was reduced to a single sphere as a result of the barrage of his team.

Then, the screams changed. This time coming from Team Spectrum. Meteors and moon shards rained on the entire cortège, like cosmic projectiles, shattering barriers and cutting through everyone’s bodies like flaming knives.

Icetales couldn’t run, so he intensified the power of his quasar to try to destroy those projectiles with the intensified gravity and cosmic sorcery. He succeeded… partially. Even with his shielding, many folks of Team Spectrum fell, and Icetales himself struggled to endure those attacks.

Bejirah, if that thing kept pelting them with those attacks… he didn’t know if they would have survived.

Two explosions followed the cosmic storm, but the quasar managed to reduce their power somewhat. And then, it was over. With only a (supposedly) powerless sphere in the middle of the crater.

The half daemon looked around worriedly, when he felt a paw rubbing his shoulder. It was Petram, who had a few holes on his body, which were slowly regenerating.

“I’ll help the team. Make sure that that thing won’t be a problem anymore.”

Icetales stared at his son for a moment, before nodding and rushing toward the remaining core. The scythe in his jaws was broken and in the verge of dissipating back to Chaos, but the half daemon made sure to hold onto that power a little longer.

Soon, Icetales stood in front of the core. He stared coldly at it, keeping his scythe at ready, but he managed to listen to what Diyem and the others said about it.

If he had to stand there all alone to keep watch of that entity while they brought the Overseers, then by heavens he was going to do that! Ringing pain and bleeding be darned!

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Enough." Bahamut stuck his tail and wings out. "Frayed emotions are more damaging to a shattered psyche than helpful. Step back."

He was probably right. Vix didn't have the drive to put up a fight, so she listened. It... didn't feel right to leave Soda's side. She felt like she had to be there, that someone had to be there that... cared for him. And who he cared for back.

Dave never felt like the guy to listen to Bahamut anyway, so that avenue was already covered. Vix, dim, gave Bahamut, Dave, and Soda their space.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Bahamut looked down at Soda. Or what he had become. So very... familiar. Perhaps that was an opening. "If you please," he said to Diyem. Then his beak opened, he hacked up his prismatic core, and let it strike Soda's forehead.
Dave looked at Bahamut. This was the thing they'd done with Owen, wasn't it? Dive into his head, fix things from within? Okay. Sure. "I'll help."

Would he be able to pull off a barrier or something of the like? ...Maybe? Hopefully, a little, if it was needed. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom