• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Poppin' Arms ~ Holding Cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
"Nidoking, huh?" Nate said. He leaned back slightly, angling towards Silver but never taking his eyes off Giovanni. "What do you make of nidoking, Silver?" He narrowed his eyes, watching "Giovanni" for any reaction. "Or flareon?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Lunala squinted. "Nidoking? A fine Pokemon, I suppose. Powerful, reliable, flexible. Flareon..." He huffed. There was an air of unpleasantness, but it wasn't very strong. More like an annoyance. Conflict of some kind. Even some... pride? "Nothing immediately comes to mind," Lunala said.

"Hmm." Diyem crossed his arms. "...Do we have any physical evidence we can present them that might give stronger feelings?" he asked. "I think just listing Pokemon isn't going to do much more than this. It's evidence, but... Perhaps we need something decisive."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr folded her arms. "So let's get Silver's team in here, then. They couldn't even recognize Lunala--let's see what they make of him," she said, jerking a thumb toward the jailed Mewtwo.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Diyem hummed. "This is ridiculous," he said. "Why are we entertaining the idea that some power of the heart is going to transcend Psychic-based amnesia? You're being sentimental. ...Fine. If only so we leave no stone unturned, let's arrange for the Typhlosion to come. Apparently he'd been with Silver the longest."

It took less time than expected, which was good, because Diyem was starting to look restless. But soon, Chip came with Typhlosion following behind him, marveling at the strange architecture of Poppin' Arms and its underground floors.

"Good. You're here." Diyem grunted.

"What's this all for, again? We don't really want him getting all agitated and attacking. I decided to just bring Typhlosion because all six is asking for trouble."

"Wise." Diyem gestured to Mewtwo. "Let them interact from across the cage. Stare at each other, or... whatever." He made a dismissive motion with his hands, then leaned against the opposite cell and observed. He gestured for Starr and Nate to make way as well, while Lunala had already drifted aside to look at the exchange. He looked at Typhlosion a little longer, but, indeed, he still seemed to feel nothing.

Mewtwo was skeptical. But he also didn't say anything, his eyes fixated on Typhlosion. The Fire stopped in the middle of the hall and then stepped toward the cell walls, bumping his nose against the clear barrier. He snorted once and pawed curiously at it, testing where it was. And Mewtwo still watched, floating, subconsciously floating closer, like he wanted a more thorough look.

Silence. Typhlosion and Mewtwo stared at each other, and neither broke their gaze. Looking uncertain, hesitant, even, Typhlosion reached forward, pressing a paw against the cell doors...

Mewtwo's hand twitched. That skepticism was melting into confusion. An impulse that he had not predicted was welling up inside him, and he unfolded his arms. He reached toward Typhlosion, their hands separated by the thick pane of energy. It seemed that both of them had forgotten about everyone else in the room.

Diyem's claws were digging into his arms. "I fucking hate this planet."

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
"You and me both," Nate said, though he couldn't stop a huge grin from spreading across his face. "Don't suppose there's any way we can let the typhlosion in there with him? Seems like both of them want a closer look."

He turned to Lunala, and his smile stretched even broader, maybe, in triumph. "Well? What do you make of that? Seems a little out of character for the big bad boss, don't it?"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
God dammit it had worked. Of course it had. It made no sense, so of course it worked.

"So someone switched their memories, and their... personalities? Why? What on earth possible motivation could there be to do that?" Starr ran a hand down her face exasperatedly and then turned to the others. "So what now? I know none of the psychics could break the memory lock, but what if they knew that neither of them was even the person we thought?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I'm not sure," Diyem said. "Maybe some further checks with this new knowledge could help, but this raises a big question of why it was done in the first place. Unless..." Diyem hummed. "Unless Giovanni was counting on being captured... but having his true self be free with us. Could he have been using Silver's memories as a disguise... and took advantage of our own compassion to hide without even himself knowing? Using his own son as a decoy?"

Mewtwo shook his head, snapping out of his trance. "...It does... sound like something 'I' would do."

Lunala was slowly, nervously drifting toward the holding cells' exit.

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
"Could be," Nate grumbled. "If you wanted an in with the team, there's lots of easier ways to do that, but what the fuck ever, I guess."

Meanwhile, it looked like the real Giovanni--was it?--was hoping to slip away before anybody noticed. "Hey, hang on!" Nate called to the lunala. "I don't think we're done here yet." He tensed, ready to move. He didn't want to start following Silver/Lunala now and risk freaking the guy out more, but if the bat made a break for it, he'd be ready.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"I'm not sure," Diyem said. "Maybe some further checks with this new knowledge could help, but this raises a big question of why it was done in the first place. Unless..." Diyem hummed. "Unless Giovanni was counting on being captured... but having his true self be free with us. Could he have been using Silver's memories as a disguise... and took advantage of our own compassion to hide without even himself knowing? Using his own son as a decoy?"
Starr's tail lashed back and forth as she considered Diyem's words. No. No something about it still didn't fit.

"I don't think he would've done something like this intentionally. I can see him doing the memory lock thing to hide something from us, as insurance, but not outright switching himself. He's got too much pride for that. He's always been the sort who wants to personally experience his victories. I think there's someone else involved in this."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
I think there's someone else involved in this.

"We're starting to run out of possible option of who this mastermind is. A mastermind above even Giovanni?" Diyem scowled, though he still looked like he was mulling over the possibilities. "Who would be in control...?"

"Hey, hang on!" Nate called to the lunala. "I don't think we're done here yet."

And with that, Lunala made a sudden move to run, soaring through the room and toward the exit.

"HEY!" Diyem shouted, immediately conjuring Shadows from below.

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
"Who?" Nate said. "Well, from what you told me, I got a guess that starts with 'O' and ends with 'Erseers,' if you know what I--hey! Wait, we ain't gonna--oh, come on!" Nate took off after Lunala--at least the bat couldn't maneuver very well in the cramped space--and fired a corkscrewing burst of water after him, trying to snag him before he got too far.

Nate used Whirlpool!

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The twisting waters were weak, but they were enough to get Lunala trapped and slightly disoriented. He shouted in frustration and broke through, but that was when he was met with a massive fist of earth that had pushed out of the ground. Open-palmed, it smashed into Lunala and slammed him into the ground like a fly, followed by rolling him deeper into the holding cell halls.

Diyem used Abyssal Replica! It became Shadow Toss!

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
She'd been too focused on Giovanni, so it took Starr an extra second or two to notice that Lunala had made a break for it. By the time she bolted after him, he'd already been snagged by the Whirlpool and the rolling wave of shadowy earth. But she didn't trust either to hold him for long...

"Oh, no you don't--"

Just for good measure, Starr launched herself at Lunala with a full-body tackle, cloaked in a Dark-type aura.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Urgh--you pests--" Lunala tried to break free, but his unfamiliarity with his body was his ultimate downfall. It seemed that Lunala was a lot weaker than his Legendary status had given him credit for. "Let go! I know where this is going. You intend to imprison me for something I've never even done. It seems to me... that ever since I've arrived here on Cibus, my record has been clean as a whistle." He tried to break free again, spreading his wings, but Starr was simply too strong.

"...Does this mean," Mewtwo said from the other side of the cell, "that I should be walking free?"

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
"Chip, go get help!" Nate barked at the Porygon, who was still sputtering and whirring in shock. He bounded over to put himself between Lunala and the exit. It wasn't like he was ever going to stop the guy if he came flying over here again, being all of like a fucking foot tall, but he'd have a hydro pump ready to shove him back into the room if he tried anything.

"Nobody's saying we're gonna shove you in a cell just cause you maybe used to be some criminal mastermind before your memory got fucked," Nate said. He glanced at Starr. Well, maybe some people were totally willing to go there, but not the time to be talking about that. "Running off's just gonna make things worse for you. Let's stop with the fighting and see what we can figure out here, huh?"

Meanwhile, that other guy. Nate spared the mewtwo behind the barrier the briefest of looks before returning his attention to Lunala. "I dunno about that, either. I'm guessing you can't remember a lot of what's been going on since you got here. Maybe somebody's been controlling you. But did you really do none of it? Can you honestly say you weren't responsible for corrupting none of those legendaries, fucking with nobody's head, doing whatever the fuck to that mewtwo? Ain't guilty of nothing since you showed up here on Cibus?"

Last edited:

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"No it fucking doesn't," Starr snapped at Mewtwo without looking at him. "Doesn't erase all the shit you've pulled. Enjoy your cushy goddamn cell, 'cause you're not leaving."

Lunala was still struggling against the hold, and Starr adjusted her grip. "And you," she growled, "can it with the pity party alright, we've still got a lot of shit to figure out."

He hadn't done anything. How the hell were they supposed to deal with this?

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"R-right! Help! I'll get help!" Chip said, quickly flying out of the room.

After some struggling, Lunala finally relaxed enough and, after some securing precautions, was able to be let go. He drifted back and tried to un-crumple his wings. Mewtwo, meanwhile, scowled and crossed his arms.

"This... is a bit of a mess," said Lunala. "I'm not sure what name to follow right now."

"Apparently, I'm Silver," Mewtwo said, glancing at Typhlosion, who was pawing at various parts of the cell to figure out ways to get out. "...Mm. Right. My part of the bargain." He shrugged. "I'll admit it. You found my missing piece." He gestured to Typhlosion. "...I'll tell you everything I know about the spy that's eluded you."

Last edited:

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Holy shit it had actually worked. And it had ended up being his starter of all things that'd done it. It almost seemed too good to be true

...Still not calling him Silver though. Screw that.

"Alright, spill it. What the hell is that phantom guy's deal?"

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
"You can say that again," Nate said to Lunala, relaxing a little. What the fuck were they going to do about these two? If they were being controlled, it wasn't exactly safe to leave them alone, even if they were innocent. And Silver had sure as hell dodged the question about that, hadn't he?

"Yeah? Let's hear it, then," Nate said. "I'm dying to hear more about that shithead."

In the meantime, he examined the cell. Was there any way to get in from this side? Maybe one of those fancy blast door things like on the freaky mewtwo's cell? It was sad watching Typhlosion snuffle uselessly at the barrier.

Of course, if he had the guy's pokéball, they could just put it through the food slot, but he'd just told Chip to scram, hadn't he? Goddammit.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Well, unfortunately, my answer is not going to be as simple as, 'it's this person.' That would make things too easy, wouldn't it?"

"If you stall any longer I will kill you myself."

Mewtwo held up his arms in a mock-disarming gesture. "Even to me, he was "invisible," or he took on a different form each time we spoke. He was able to transform as easily as he could walk. He could teleport, he could levitate, and he had an aura of power that I knew demonstrated competence. I could generally be confident that wherever a significant portion of your efforts went, he, too, would be there. Somehow, some way..." He sighed. "I was very curious. So I, of course, tried to determine precisely who he was as well... Especially if he planned to turn on me. But he was thorough. He rarely made mistakes."

"...Rarely." Diyem frowned.

"Indeed. Rarely." Mewtwo looked to Starr and Nate. "Your culprit has the power of Blacklight within them. That is probably no surprise. But perhaps a useful clue that you can make more use of... They seemed to have a favor toward Radiance."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom