• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Poppin' Arms Guild ~ Main Lobby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Seeing Cabot like this was... surreal, in a way. Was this how others had seen him just before? Sure, he had a false smile a lot of the time, and they probably saw through that, but for Cabot...

He frowned. He had a pretty good idea why. "Cabot, the Machine would've made anybody lose control." Sure, some lost control more than others, even after being corrupted, but... "This isn't about that, is it?"

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Of course it is.” Bahamut’s eyes turned pink. “His cheerful facade has cracked.”

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“…Is tact a foreign concept in thy world, sir? Dost thou not see that the good fellow is hurting sufficiently as is?”

Icetales strode toward the trio, holding a neutral expression and his tails waving. He had considered following the others into the dorms, but he couldn’t ignore the pained expression that was present on Cabot’s face. He glanced at the Cranidos, showing a thin smile.

“Sir Cabot, what is that it is troubling thee? Dost thou wish to enunciate what is in thy mind?” he asked with a gentle tone, trying to make his comrade feel at ease. “Thou art among friends. If thou wish to vent about something and cleanse thy spirit, by all means. Perhaps we can aid thee in some fashion.”

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot shot Bahamut a dirty glare. Of course Bahamut would use this moment to taunt him. Part of him wanted to yell at him that there was no facade, but knowing Bahamut he'd probably act like an outburst from him would prove that there was one. Instead, Cabot turned to Owen and Icetales and tried to just focus on just them

"It is about what happened with the machine..." he said. "I didn't just try to kill everyone, but I also said all these awful things. Just look at how much I upset Nip. You, Brisa, and Mudkip certainly didn't do anything like that."

Cabot's gaze drifted back towards the ground.

"No wonder nobody from the team wants to have anything to do with me anymore..."

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut stomped a forepaw down right in front of Cabot. Its black spokes jutted up past Cabot's eye level. "You did no such thing." His eyes and core turned red. "Perhaps there are some... negative thoughts lingering in the back of your head. But it was the machine who took control of you and warped your thinking in such a way that it was virtually unrecognizable. If you're going to blame anyone... blame Darkwhite.

"Now, you can choose to wallow in self-pity — in which case it's not a matter of if you'll get pulled into the darkness again, but when — or you can 'mon up, find Nip, and talk it out." He stepped back. "If your soldier self would rather that be an order, I can do that, too."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales winced when Bahamut stomped his foot so close, making his ears and tails jolt upright.

“Heavens!” he cried out in surprise, before shooting an unamused glance at the… Sun Walker? Who was he, exactly? Golly! Some fellow is in dire need of learning how to be softer… fur excluded.

He focused entirely on Cabot, not wanting to deal with the attitude of the walked for the time being.

“Oh, I see. So, that is the crux of the matter, then? The whole shadow accident?” asked Icetales, before shaking his head. “I dost not believe that folks are trying to avoid thee, Sir Cabot. It is just… that we all are in need of some cooldown, this is all. The battle has taken a heavy toll on everyone’s spirits, after all.”

He narrowed his eyes. “And… the sir here might have a point. Perhaps, if thou told to this Nip fellow how thou feel, they might be willing to forgive thee? I mean, thou were affected by that machine that warped the foulest darkness of thy heart. Thou… did not mean to utter such things, am I correct?”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen watched quietly for now, deciding that Bahamut covered more or less what he wanted to cover. It didn't help that he was hearing something similar from his fragmented Shadow. The one thing he took objection to, though, was the idea that it was a cheerful façade. Just because Bahamut had to be dreary and serious all the time didn't mean everyone else was faking it...

Still, time and place. He had to pick his battles, and right now perhaps someone serious like that could cut through Cabot's gloom. If he needed any reassurance, though, Owen was there to nod. Perhaps a similar personality agreeing would help convince him.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut's stone plinked against him multiple times while Icetales spoke. He pressed his bag against his shoulde. He assumed the stone wished to "fix" Icetales' speech pattern in the same way he attempted to fix Arceus'.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot flinched when Bahamut suddenly stomped his paw so close to him. He certainly hadn't expected that sort of reaction from him. That said, it would be easy to just tell Bahamut that he was right and act like that machine controlled him just like those Shaymin... but then he'd be lying. He obviously hadn't been some mindless drone during all of it, but nobody had told him to attack the team either, yet he'd done it anyway. If he tried to pretend like he was completely innocent, wouldn't that just prove that he was a bad Pokémon? With those thoughts in mind and Bahamut's harsh mention of 'self pity', he only began to feel worse, prompting him reflexively shrink back.

He eased up a little when Icetales spoke up again. At least it was reassuring to hear that someone on the team who didn't get struck by that beam didn't hold things against him. Then again, would Icetales really feel the same way if he knew how things had been like from his perspective?

"I mean, I at least don't think anymore that you guys are just trying to use me... or care more about your problems back home than saving Cibus for that matter," Cabot began. "It's just that..."

The Cranidos hesitated a little, unsure for a moment whether to continue or just stay quiet.

"I wasn't possessed by that machine and I can't just blame everything on Darkwhite," he explained. "I know that machine was messing with my head and making me think all kinds of bad things, but it's not like it took direct control of me. I don't know how it was like for you, Owen, but to me it feels like something stupid I did when angry during a fight or something. It wasn't the same as what happened with those Shaymin, Lugia, or anyone possessed by a Shade. I clearly remember what I was doing and why. I even had plans for what to do if I'd won, and it certainly didn't involve working alongside Darkwhite or following anybody's commands."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Then that's all the more reason for you to find and speak to Nip." Bahamut's expression remained stoic. "You admit some culpability, so now it falls to you to take responsibility for your actions." He looked at one of the pristine walls, eyes shifting white. "There is no easy way to breech such subjects. Nobody can say what was going through your head better than you can. But that's why it's so important it comes from you. Take Owen for moral support if you have to. Sooner is better than later, though. Do not let this guilt keep festering inside you."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Mm." Owen nodded firmly. "I'll be there if you need any help talking it out. After all, I can give a second opinion on what it was like to be Shadowed by that thing and all that... It's not you, it's..." He tried to push the thoughts away for now. He could meditate about it later. Speaking of which, his shoulders were starting to hurt from carrying his supplies for so long. "You have your badge, right? Try to send a message over to me if you need help talking to Nip. Or finding him. I need to put my supplies away."

He started for the stairs, but made sure to say back to Cabot, "Don't sit on this, alright? It's not healthy!"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“It is not, indeed. I am aware that asking for an apology might appear insurmountable, and thou art still concerned about what thou have done and almost have done while under the influence of the dark sorcery. But,” he showed a reassuring smile, “we all have our foul moments, and I can tell thou art a good lad. I am confident though can smooth things over with our comrade somehow.”

He puffed up his chest and gave an encouraging pat on Cabot’s shoulder. “As such, dost not let this lone accident hinder thee and gnaw at thy heart. Thou will do swell, I can te—”

And then, a boom came from the storage, followed by a trail of smoke coming out of the door. Icetales turned sharply toward the source and his ears drooped. “Uh oh. Dost not tell me they dropped the fireworks box…”

As in on cue, a Blast Seed-powered rocket zipped out of the door, before crashing to the floor and turning into a sputtering cluster of metal, seed crumbles and smoke.

Icetales growled in annoyance. “Oh, for the love of Sir Jirachi! Did they miss the ‘fragile’ warning or something?” He shot quick glances at his comrades. “A-Apologies, but I must attend that issue before pronto!” He glanced at Cabot. “Thou can do it, Sir Cabot. Also, thou have friends willing to help. Remember that.”

And just like that, he bolted toward the storage room, disappearing from sight.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot stood there silently in surprise for a moment, though couldn't help but smile a little when Icetales patted his shoulder. If Icetales, Bahamut, and Owen didn't think any different of him after hearing the full story, maybe things weren't as bad as he'd thought after all.

"You guys are right. I'll... talk to Nip. Sooner rather than later," he said. "Thanks, Owen. I might take you up on that offer depending on how things go."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Good. Leave the doom and gloom to me. It's my specialty." With the self-jab out of the way, Bahamut walked out of the guild to see what else this new town had waiting for him.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot shifted awkwardly as Bahamut walked off, before shaking his head and making his way for the stairs to the second floor. Today had been a long day for sure, so maybe some rest was just what he needed right about now. Tomorrow he'd talk to Nip and hopefully get things sorted out. After that, maybe he'd explore Destiny Village a bit more. After all, in a town where gods casually walked around the street there'd surely be plenty of things to see.

<><><>​

Brisa & Curio - Moving On (3/3)

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa and Curio arrived from the crossroads, Brisa far more bewildered than Curio over the scale of the settlement.

Toffee the corviknight gave them a short introduction to the various amenities and arrangements, and Brisa followed along, tracing mnemonic symbols with her tail on the floor as she did.

"Okay... So I guess we gotta take our nameplates and find some livin' quarters," said Brisa, feeling her stomach descend into the ground as she did.

Rooming with Curio. That was the issue, of course. They'd shared the hidden quarters for a month, but Brisa had only spent the night there half the time, and that was before all this... blushing. Maybe it was best they didn't room. But what if Curio took offence. Maybe Curio would suggest it first. But that would just make Brisa more flustered than ever. What was best?! She didn't know.

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
"Alright, how about we browse for a bit? Maybe we can find a really fancy room before anywhere else can. Ooh--" she rubbed her paws together--"it'd be nice if we had room service here."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Oh, okay, okay, Curio was already assuming they'd room together. Great!! Sort of!!

...Brisa had never... never been in a- a... a relationship before. Not ever. But she was pretty sure you didn't start cohabiting before you'd even agreed that's what it was you were in. ...What if it went wrong?

Maybe it was different in the context of their situation and this was pragmatism. Or different culturally where Curio was from and she should relax (after all, Sierra always did say that roughlanders were more... casual about their couplings, so townie relationships couldn't be the universal standard.) Or she was reading the whole thing wrong anyway because she was an idiot who didn't know anything and should stop thinking about this at once.

"Uh. Yeah. Let's pick a good room, if they haven't all been taken. And uh ...what's room service?"

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
"Oh, room service." She chuckled. "I stayed in a hotel once because of a teachin' gig. Well, they offered the room, I didn't actually pay for it, but anywho. It's where you can call for someone from downstairs to bring you food and stuff, usually for a price. Grapes. Cheese. Well, actually, they were doing that for free anyway, but they brought it up." She smacked her lips. "I'm not much of a cheese gal, but they go really well with a juicy punnet."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Huh. That sounds... good. Although I'd be surprised."

So, Curio had a teaching gig once? Brisa would have to ask about that. There was so much that was interesting about Curio that she hadn't heard about yet.

"Hell, let's go find out."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom