• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Poppin' Arms Guild ~ Infirmary

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonD

Happy eevee
Pronouns
He/him
In his bed, Kindle began to move a bit. From the exterior, it looked like he was extremely uncomfortable with his position, or having a nightmare and trying to wake up. However, inside of his head, he was having a pretty serene dream of chasing frosty snowflakes in the summer heat. Certainly unorthodox, to not say impossible to happen, but inside of his groggy mind, the strange combination made all the sense in the world.

DragonD

Happy eevee
Pronouns
He/him
Kindle aimed at one particulary big flake, before jumping up to catch it. He almost did, pawing at the small snowbird, but he fell without catching it. It Would be lying to Say he hadn't expected that. What he didn't expect was to keep falling, and falling, until...

The vulpix hit the ground of the infirmary head first. The silky blankets he had brought down with him did little nothing to soften his fall, nor to silence the sound of the impact, loud enough to wake up the dead.

He stayed there for a while, covered in blankets, too stunned by the rude awakening to make a noise other than a slight whimper as he hid his head under his front paws, trying to recover his sense of direction.

Last edited:

ntmymike

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Miles stays on his bed, confused and scared. He can feels his whole body weight down by the dark goo.
He's not in any danger at least. The shinx turns his head around, gathering info about his surrounding. He found himself lying in a bed, way different from the one he's used to and there's also a big piece of cloth covering him, along with the dark slime.
Miles can hear someone else inside, a vulpix perhaps, along with two other pokemon he never seen before. The boy decides to just lay still and wait till something to happen.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Death... seems appealing again," Diyem muttered.

"Ohh, you don't mean that," Zinc said gently, helping the Charmeleon back to a sitting position before, once again, taking his vitals. She was still unnerved at how unnaturally low his body temperature was for his chosen form. Then again, did that really matter? These vitals were starting to feel pointless.

DragonD

Happy eevee
Pronouns
He/him
Kindle's ears swiveled towards the source of the voice, however he didn't turn towards it, still hidden under the blankets. He stayed still, not having recogniced the voice of the persons that had spoken, and while he was trying to decypher its meaning, he felt... something. Something cold, gooey, and definetively nasty sliding inside his ears. He instinctively pawed at it, only to realise that his paw was also covered on the substance, his whole body was. He froze when the possible implications of this ran through his head, dozens of them, none was good.

Of course, like any normal person would, the next thing he did was to take it to his mouth and give the fluid a taste.

DragonD

Happy eevee
Pronouns
He/him
Kindle was too distracted by getting that thing out of his mouth to answer. And somehow, it still wasn't the worst he had tasted, that price goes to Aylla's cooking. He shuddered, before feeling the blankets around him with his paws, and getting a grip on then to try and get the thing off his fur by brushing it with the fabric.

ntmymike

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Miles decided to just stay put for the moment. He kept his ear up so he wouldn't feel completely lost in this strange area.

The dark goo that covered his entire body though. The thick, slimy... thing that he just saw someone put it in their mouth and instantly regretted their life choice, it doesn't seem to cause any harm to his body so he decided to just ignore it for the moment

DragonD

Happy eevee
Pronouns
He/him
Kindle stared at the goodra with a confused expression for a while, still busy getting the nasty fluid out of his mouth despite his taste buds having gone numb long ago. "...Ahh~" He managed to say, as eloquent as always, the fact that he had one paw inside his mouth didn't do any favors to his speech either. Licking his lips to get rid of the flavour, the vulpix stared at Zinc for a while as he tried to decide whether this was another dream or not. A sting of sharp pain in his chin reminded him of the unexpected fall that had happened not long ago, and that was all the proof he needed, if the horrible flavor of the substance he was covered in wasn't enought to convince himself that this situation was real.

Half ignoring the goodra in front of him, Kindle proceeded to look at his body, feeling... Weak. It's not like he had been specially powerful or anything, but he was decently sure his muscles shouldn't feel like those of a firstborn. Hell, that fall from the bed shouldn't have hurt that bad in the first place. The vulpix started to move uneasily, paying attention to what he was doing instead of acting by instinct like he had done earlier. It was his body, it sure was, but it felt... Off. Turning his gaze behind him, he lifted a paw to run his fingers through the soft fur that formed his tails, soft and cold, with a thin screen of icy drops all over them. At least that was familiar.

ntmymike

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
... Miles was speechless to say the least. Zinc said he was brought to this world to stop a threat, almost like the many tales he heard about when the world was in danger.

The goodra said Diyem, Dark Matter brought them here... Dark Matter... that name ring some bells inside his mind but there's nothing he could do about it. Diyem seems friendly though. Maybe whatever Dark Matter means in his world is not the same as... here.

Miles nodded to Zinc, he have some graps of what's going on even if it's not much

DragonD

Happy eevee
Pronouns
He/him
After a while of feeling his tails, Kindle had calmed down enough to turn around to face the goodra without stuttering. It Also helped that he had gotten rid of most of the goo with the help of the blanket -though he had to stop since the fabric was now so dirty it spread the fluid instead of cleaning it-. "Threat? What threat? Why only us? And..." He looked around, to the luxray first, and then to the unconcious Charizard (was that thing Even a Charizard?). "Who are you all?" His last question came out in almost a whisper. Despite having decided that this thing definetivelly wasn't a dream, it didn't make the situation any less surrealistic. He wanted to ask many other things, but for now, those were the only ones that he managed to put into words. Aylla is going to kill me, and then resurrect me only to kill me one more time...

Last edited:

DragonD

Happy eevee
Pronouns
He/him
Kindle stared at him for a while, before giving up. There was clearly nothing to do, not while he was feeling like puking anyways. He didn't feel comfortable with trusting his health to a stranger, but then again, the other option was to try to fight off that stranger while feeling weaker than he had ever felt in his entire life.

Sighing mechanically, the vulpix climbed back up the bed, almost pulling down the sheets too, but in the end he managed to get on top of it without any other falls. Kindle curled into a ball in the middle of the fabric, leaving the goo-covered blanket in the ground as it would only get him dirtier, he had already gotten rid of everything possible.

The vulpix watched the goodra for a while, just waiting for... Whatever, really.

R11 ~ Giovanni, Defeated?

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
<><><>
Bahamut's warnings had been taken into consideration, and increased security had been enabled while Red was taken to the Guild infirmary. Maple had made a few calls off to the side, though nobody really got the full story of what she had been trying to accomplish with that.

The Charizard was unconscious; his bag was taken to the side to investigate its belongings, though nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary when Owen took a look with Wishkeeper.

"...Well, it appears that Giovanni and Mewtwo are indeed properly secured," Truffle said. "Red defeated them so utterly that Giovanni lost his corruption. Standard energy suppression procedures... simply work on him. And Chip's rudimentary corruption detection mechanisms are finding no readings at all. That other Mewtwo... is still corrupted, however. But it also isn't doing anything. We can't verify a single thing about him because he's gone... catatonic... or half-dead. We aren't really sure. If--if anybody can look at some point..."

"What do you mean?" Owen asked.

Truffle frowned. "No pulse. His eyes are open, but he doesn't blink. He remains standing upright, but all of his elemental powers show no activity. No brain activity. No psychic activity. Yet, no signs of decay or immediate signs of death. The only reason we have any sense that he's alive is because Maple was able to detect 'life' in him. But by all scientific accounts, Blacklight Mewtwo... ceased life functions."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Nate came bounding over to Rocky the moment the familiar entered the infirmary, all scowling. Rocky grinned back at him. Of course he'd been lurking around here. "Wow, look at this! Destiny Village isn't destroyed? Giovanni didn't escape? Wow, I bet you feel really stupid now. You missed a really great fight! I bet you're jealous you won't get to fight Red."

"I already fought fucking Red, remember?" Nate snapped. "Ain't that exciting. What the fuck happened?"

"Ooooh, it was really great. Red's team is really strong, but we kicked their butts really hard! And then Red fought, too, but we hit him like once and then he went down!"

"That was it? Just a normal battle? No weird shit happening?" Nate glared over in Red's direction. "He didn't try anything funny, did he?"

"Nope! He seems really nice. You're just paranoid. None of the bad things you were worried about happened even a little bit."

"Yet," Nate said darkly. He gave up on Rocky and went back over to where people were gathered around Blacklight Mewtwo instead. "Any clue what hit him? Besides, you know." Nate waved in the direction of the unconscious Red. "And, uh, he kinda acted a bit like Sword. What with the mistiness and the color scheme and all. Is there any sign of an ultra stone in him, like what the familiars have?"

"Ooh." Rocky reached into his chest and pulled out his core. "That's right! We might be brothers."

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"We haven't been able to check," Truffle said. "Perhaps soon, or perhaps you can take a look yourself!"

"That would be helpful," Maple replied flatly.

"I would, too, but..." Owen glanced at the infirmary, like he had been reminded of something. "Well... I think we should get some rest, too. But later, we can see if Blacklight Mewtwo is safe or not. How many people are watching him?"

"Quite a few," Truffle replied. "We would appreciate some shifts from Team Spectrum as well, considering your talents and capabilities."

"Okay, okay," Zinc said politely, stepping her way into the infirmary. "Time to head out! I need to check on this guy." Zinc gestured to Red, looking at him a little longer than necessary.

Maple frowned, looking at Zinc, then at Red. "Hm. The legends really are true," she remarked. "His aura seems to be naturally endearing toward Pokemon. Like his intents are known on an instinctual level."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Yeah, we can visit him later," Rocky said cheerfully, tossing his ultra stone once before sticking it back into his chest. "And Giovanni!"

"Ain't no point talking to that bastard," Nate muttered. "Like you'd get any truth out of him. But yeah, you need somebody to guard or whatever, I can do that. For whatever it's worth."

It looked like they weren't going to get a lot out of what was going on here, with Red passed the fuck out and the goodra already trying to shoo people away. She sure seemed to like the guy--all the pokémon seemed to like the guy. Friendly aura or whatever the fuck. But Silver hated him, and he sure as hell acted like he was in league with Giovanni earlier.

"So, we know anything about what happened with this guy? How he ended up fighting Giovanni?" Nate asked Maple. "Or was it like, some people saw crazy-ass explosions and called up the Guild? Or what he's been up to recently? Supposedly people have been seeing him and his crew all over the Mist Continent."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Chip's detector got a hit and we investigated," Maple replied. "The only thing we can deduce from there is that Red rebelled against Giovanni, and won."

"Well, being attacked directly by Joule is certainly a way to go about losing composure and getting careless with survival," Truffle remarked. "I still see some burns and other injuries from Joule's strike on him. The same markings we saw in his lab when Joule must have had a similar outburst."

"He did. Joule told me about that," Maple said. "His control over Legends of all kinds is not perfect. It must have been a lot of trouble to keep them at bay..." She sighed. "Speaking of which... I do not think it is a good idea for us to keep Red here once his evaluations are over. Too much is concentrated at the Guild. I think, soon, we will be leaving residency here and moving to Parfait Way for all of you. I recently got approval after confirming your... trustworthiness." Maple nodded, giving an apologetic look to those of Team Spectrum who were there.

"Oh! Wow, that's, um... generous. Houses like yours?"

Maple nodded. "I just got off a call to get one for Red as well."

"How loaded are you guys?" Cal mumbled.

"Could you do me a favor? While I'm arranging this, I want you to talk to Toffee at the lobby. Say I sent you."

"Oh, sure. Come on, Cal."

"Mm."

Then, as they departed, Maple addressed Nate again, "As far as we can tell, Giovanni had a misstep. Is this... rare for him?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom