• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Poppin' Arms ~ Dorms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Pleo tilted his head at Luz's explanation. Most Legendary Pokémon weren't Protectors in Brisa's world? But how could that be possible? Legendary Pokémon were inherently Protectors, weren't they? That's how things worked in his world at least...

He shook his head, deciding to focus on Kate's question for now.

"Yeah, I do!" the Lugia replied, before trailing off. "... or the other me does, at least. Cabot knows him, so it's not just stories or anything."

Spiteful Murkrow

Busy Writing Stories I Want to Read
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
Kate raised a brow back skeptically at the young Lugia, but after taking a moment to mull the matter over, came to the conclusion that at least for his world, the truth couldn't be that far removed from his story. After all, in life, Cabot was always a bit of perpetual optimist, but he never came off as the sort of 'mon who saw things that simply weren't there. Perhaps he'd dance around the truth a little here or there, but not flatly reject reality and substitute it for his own...

"I guess that's fair enough," she said. "Though, you know the drill, Luz."

Kate leaned over and nabbed one of Luz's dice, returning it to her bag as she looked back with a faintly impatient smile.

"It's in your paws now. Let's get that round started."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Pleo took another peak at his dice, noticing there wasn't a single five among them. Betting that there were more than two fives felt risky... but he did have two sixes. Surely Kate or Luz would have a six as well, right? And if not, a one should count as well if he'd understood Kate right.

"I bet three sixes!"

Spiteful Murkrow

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
Kate gaves Pleo a side-eye before looking down at her dice. She hesitated for a brief moment in indecision after noticing none of her dice had any sixes. Meh, Pleo's bet was for three sixes out of 13 dice. The odds couldn't be that bad that there'd be one more than Pleo's bet on the table?

"I'll raise it to four sixes."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Luz allowed herself a fanged smirk. With Kate's hesitation, and the lack of sixes under her own cup, now seemed a fair opportunity to pounce. Certainly better to try than to raise the bet and lose another round!

"I ain't lettin' you get away with that, Kate! Let's see 'em."

Spiteful Murkrow

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
The three raised their cups, and after a quick count, there were exactly two sixes and a wild between their dice. Kate frowned and flattened her ears out, before reaching down towards her dice.

"Bah, I guess I wasn't getting out of that one either way."

The Sneasel took a die and placed it in her bag, before turning back to Luz a curious tilt of her head.

"So... what've you got for me, Luz?"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
What to ask Kate? Most folks would probably ask her about her shady background, her feats of daring, something like that. What would be unexpected? What might take her off her guard? ...Hmm!

Luz grinned wider than she had in a while. "You ever been in love, darlin'?"

Spiteful Murkrow

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
Kate raised a claw to her mouth as she thought back through life her life. She wasn't that old, and since becoming an Outlaw, there'd never really been a season where she'd tried to step away to embrace a slower life, but...

"I don't know if I'd go as far as love. My job back in Varhyde kept me on my toes a bit much for that," Kate replied. "I did have a brief fling with a guard once, but that didn't exactly last and I didn't keep tabs on where he wound up."

Spiteful Murkrow

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
Kate raised a brow back at Pleo. Just how young was he back in his world? But no matter, it wasn't exactly a hard concept to explain...

"Nah, not like that. 'Love' is like a fire in the sense that it needs something to get it started," the Sneasel insisted. "You can think of a 'fling' as the sparks that either get lucky and find something to get that fire burning, or else burn themselves out and come to an end quickly."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
An interesting perspective for a gal who'd never had a serious relationship. She spoke with such certainty! Perhaps there was more to it than a momentary spark?

"So he was a fella, a guard, and it didn't go anywhere. That ain't much, darlin'! C'mon, what did ya like about him? An' how come it went nowhere?"

Spiteful Murkrow

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
Kate smiled back as turned her thoughts back to reminisce.

"He was an Electrike that I bumped into him while I was going around to get the feel for a job," she explained. "He was a bit green in the ranks, and tried to seem a bit tougher than an Electrike like him could come off as. He demanded to know what I was up to, so I told him I was there to sightsee a bit."

The Sneasel shook her head with a small smile, as the played with her claws.

"He then went on this spiel about how I wasn't in a tourist attraction and yada yada yada, so then I brought up that I was talking about looking into his eyes. I didn't even know it was *possible* for an Electrike to blush through a face full of fur, but he got pretty flustered afterwards," she continued. "We traded some stories about ourselves, and I told him that I'd be open to meet up with him for a drink later that night."

The smile on the Dark-Type's face faltered a moment, before she closed her eyes and let out as a disappointed sigh.

"Unfortunately, he didn't really take the hint to meet up at someplace like a tavern or the like and kept at his post instead. And work as a... forager kinda represented a conflict of interest," she said. "When I came back with my crew to do our job, and wound up running into each other. There was a bit of surprise and some hemming and hawing over how badly he wanted to stick up for his boss' interests, so I let him off as gently as a well-placed Icy Wind at one of his forepaws would allow and hurried off before he could get into trouble."

Kate frowned and pawed at her shoulder, casting a glance aside.

"I sometimes wonder if I made a mistake and could've handled things better," she murmured. "Every now and then I think back and wonder if only things were different, if maybe that fling could've wound up becoming something bigger."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
One, long, special conversation, huh? Kate didn't even sound all that impressed with the fella, which meant it was somethin' other than plain admiration that made her sigh like that. Fascinating! And kinda cute, too~

"Pardon my sayin' so, but that's a real sweet tale. Sorry it had t'be that way; sure sounds like y'had a connection. Maybe if—"

Luz frowned. Who was she to comment, when she had even less experience than Kate?

"Ah, but I can't really offer much of a perspective... Closest thing I got to an understandin' of romance is those darn silly novels Brisa used t'read, an' even she knew they were nonsense. That, and I can remember Brisa's various yearnings fer dangerous gals. I, ah. I never had any sparks of my own. Still early days of existin', an' all."

Save that one time she'd kissed a pawful of melted wax, but that hardly counted, and would be a challenge to explain.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"I'm sure you'll find someone, Luz!" Pleo insisted as he beat out his wings. "You're really nice and cool, so of course someone will fall in love with you!"

"Unfortunately, he didn't really take the hint to meet up at someplace like a tavern or the like and kept at his post instead. And work as a... forager kinda represented a conflict of interest," she said. "When I came back with my crew to do our job, and wound up running into each other. There was a bit of surprise and some hemming and hawing over how badly he wanted to stick up for his boss' interests, so I let him off as gently as a well-placed Icy Wind at one of his forepaws would allow and hurried off before he could get into trouble."

Kate frowned and pawed at her shoulder, casting a glance aside.

"I sometimes wonder if I made a mistake and could've handled things better," she murmured. "Every now and then I think back and wonder if only things were different, if maybe that fling could've wound up becoming something bigger."

"And aww, that's a shame," he said. "Though... if you know where he is, maybe you can go see that Electrike again when you're home?"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Aw. Bless Pleo. Luz didn't know if it amused her more that he thought she was pining for someone to love her, or that he thought being 'really nice and cool' was grounds for someone to go head over heels for a creature made of slightly translucent black molasses.

"Darlin', that's sweet of ya. Gotta find someone who gives me butterflies first, though."

She grinned at Kate, wondering if she even had any interest in pursuing that specific fella. She'd sure seemed to be saying the oportunity had passed.

Spiteful Murkrow

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
"I'm sure you'll find someone, Luz!" Pleo insisted as he beat out his wings. "You're really nice and cool, so of course someone will fall in love with you!"

"And aww, that's a shame," he said. "Though... if you know where he is, maybe you can go see that Electrike again when you're home?"

"Honestly, I wouldn't know where to start there even if it was something I could do easily back home."

Kate folded her arms before blowing up at her ear feather.

"Even if it were though, I'm not sure if finding a 'mon to have a long-term relationship with would really be that easy anyways," she said.

Spiteful Murkrow

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
"Pretty much, yeah," Kate answered. "It pays well and it's fun to put my skills to work, but I can't say there's really a lot of stability in it."

The Sneasel shrugged her shoulders, before giving a dubious shake of her head.

"I dunno, I just have trouble seeing who I'd fall in love with right now."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom