• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Mystery Continent ~ Northern Pines

Status
Not open for further replies.
R13 – Mellow & Bahamut

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Deep within the forest, away from the eyes of everyone else, a certain 'zard paced in a clearing. It was the dead of night but her movements were somewhat obscured to the eyes of anyone on the team... That being because of the massive shadowy thing that followed in her footsteps.

"I should have known better than to try and be part of the team again...", both her and the shadow growled. "If they can't trust each other, why should I trust them?!"

The shadow paused for a moment and looked back towards the direction of Destiny Village, then went back to following Mellow, who had gone back to pacing.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut wasn't an idiot. These people wore their emotions on their sleeves. Even if nobody liked anything he had to say, he at least tended to keep a level head. Not exploding with radiance or manifesting shadows as separate personas.

Case in point, the grass-growing Owen pacing back and forth with a look on her face like someone had taken her most precious toy. "What's the matter?"

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Raven paused and glared at him, then growled as she looked away. "Isn't it obvious? You were at the meeting too. You heard what happened. Apparently those four think they're so above us, that they kept everything to themselves!! It cost us so much and they don't even care about that, they only care about being right!!"

The shadow stopped pacing to sit. It stared at Bahamut quietly.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"You're being vague." Bahamut remained floating in the air, as if he somehow expected the massive size different could frighten the shadow into submission. At the very least, it sat. Was Bahamut supposed to give it belly rubs now?

Bah, that sounded more like an Owen thing.

"I have been relatively comatose since the Worldcore episode, so I don't really have as clear a picture as anyone," he continued. "I firmly believe I could've convinced Maple not to go to the Tree given our history. Do you see me complaining or pacing a trench into the forest? No." He pointed at the ground with his tail. "I thought you were the one with a green thumb. It's against your usual judgement to ruin perfectly usable soil. You were living out here for..." Bahamut's voice trailed off. "A period of time."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Mellow growled and kept pacing. The shadow, however, kept still, save for sagging a bit. It spoke up for both of them when the smaller Florizard didn't.

"I was out here by myself, away from the team, because I thought it would be better if I was away from everyone. I only trusted myself. Then I became closer to others and left this spot, let my guard down, and...", the shadow said. "If we still can't trust each other, then how can we be a team? We failed because of what they didn't tell us. And now all of us have to deal with the fallout... You included. It isn't fair..."

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"And what if we'd done the opposite and things still turned out like this? Or worse?" Bahamut flicked an upper wing dismissively. "There are a lot of things unfair in life, regardless the world. No one's saying you can't feel burned. But you," he pointed directly at the shadow, "are not going to help matters."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"If things hadn't turned out any different, at least we would have all tried to make a difference anyways. ...I guess this is where we're at, though, and nothing can change it..."

The shadow went quiet again and stared at Bahamut. Mellow had stopped pacing and sat too, her back to them both.

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"If you dwell on the past, you will not be able to forge a path to the future," Bahamut said. "These setbacks... are ultimately insignificant. There are too many hero types on the team. They will overcome this development through sheer tenacity." He shook his head. He found it disgusting, but nothing he had to say to them would make a difference. It would only be good for more resentment and he had that from others in spades.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Oh, goody. Bahamut loved waterworks. “You’re not going away.” It was a statement made toward the shadow. “Are you really that jaded from a meeting?”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Elaborate.”

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
The shadow hesitated. Instead of speaking up, it shuffled around at first. Finally, it was Mellow herself who spoke up.

"You probably don't remember, but... Back when I first talked to you about being here? And not knowing what to do or how to fight...? That's... It's still been a problem all this time. I'm still not a fighter. I'm better at...whatever it is I'm doing, I guess, but I'm still... Really afraid. And I haven't really faced those fears. I depend on everyone else so much... Too much. Especially Raven. But still, feeling like I can't anymore...? After tonight...? I feel like... Maybe I should just rebuild the hut I had out here and never go in town again. Or maybe go to Diyem and tell him to send me home. No matter what it is I do though, I'll be a failure, and I... I'm tired of being that. But there's no way for me not to be."

She was quiet for a bit as she gathered her thoughts more.

"You know, you say people don't like you, but Raven likes you. Owen does too. I'm sure nobody really likes me except Raven, and that's just because she's my sister. So even you have something good about you, that I don't. ...You probably think that's funny..."

The Florizard went quiet again. The shadow only stared.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
There were rebuttals Bahamut could make. Like how he couldn't properly fight despite millennia as a killer. Or the fact that Owen would sickeningly find the good in everyone, including her. Or the fact that Diyem won't be able to send her home until the crisis is taken care of because his powers are out of whack.

But the time for talk had run its course. Trying to talk with someone whose shadows were being this persistent despite the complete lack of battling going on.

Even if Bahamut hadn't properly tested this technique, now was the time for action. He silently leveled an upper wing. It crackled with an otherworldly aura about it, flickering with distortion. A few seconds later, black chains spawned from Bahamut's wing and wrapped themselves around Mellow's shadow.

"I'll be taking this."

The necrozma whipped his wing back, yanking the shadow toward him. It lost its form and, by the time it was at Bahamut's side, had transformed into a replica of his base form. However, black mist swirled around it. An eerie red glow emanated from what passed for the shadow's core. It sized Mellow up, completely unreadable due to the lack of a face.

"You think you're the only one struggling with this ordeal? Hardly." Red and black spiraled in Bahamut's eyes as mist swirled around the phantom he'd created. "Likewise, there isn't a single soul on this team who is truly in their element, save perhaps for Owen. The others just appear to be better at hiding these facts than you. They've already written me off, so I have no need to try and appease them anymore. I can continue to be the devil in their eyes. My conscience will not suffer for it because mine eroded a long time ago.

"But you... even if you are not a social beautifly, you need to start leaning more on others besides that familiar for support," Bahamut growled. "You've aided the strongest fighters in battle. If they don't acknowledge you at first, then you use that as leverage to get them to listen. Or you could just start with Owen because the kid doesn't have enough of a backbone to say no to people."

Bahamut leaned forward, his gray head hovering above Mellow. "Or you can continue to let these... hitches get under your scales. You can run." The phantom hovered forward. Its wispy arms crackled with black lightning. "But then you will have no say whatsoever in how things turn out. You will be leaving your fate to the rest of us. Is that what you want?"

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Mellow didn't fight it. Her shadow didn't either. It only stared at him until it was mutated completely, and then it was no longer itself.

She was quiet right up until Bahamut asked her what she wanted. Then she shook her head slightly. "No..."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Then it's on you to be the change that you want to see." If Bahamut had a stomach, he'd have gagged at such a phrase. It was so... nauseating.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"... tch. Don't apologize." With a swift swing of his tail, Bahamut cleaved the phantom in half. It dissolved away in plumes of black mist. "Keep your shadows in check, or you might not make it through this next battle."

His wings sparked. A checkboard portal opened behind Bahamut. The necrozma backed into it, heading for parts unknown.

<><><>​

R13 - The most depressing interview on Cibus

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut had received a summons through his badge, which wasn't just rare, it was a complete oddity. And the location in the forest made him briefly consider that Mellow had flown into a panic over what happened with the moon mission.

But the second he detected an aura and realized who it belonged to, he turned around. "Whatever you're interested in, I can't help you."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I'm sure at least a little can come of this," Puff called back. His footsteps left little bunny footprints behind him thanks to the natural heat of his feet melting the snow that was already slushy from the incoming spring. "Been going around getting interviews with a lot of Team Spectrum, and you're one, of course. World's curious about our saviors."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom