• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Mystery Continent ~ Northern Pines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Right. Um. Okay. I'll... start with... hi, and then ask what Puddle said..."

It started simply enough. Cola typed a simple greeting, and specified that it was him...

[Rocky > Pop]: Hi. This is Cola...
[Pop > Rocky]: Hello, Cola. Did Rocky let you know about everything?

Cola hesitated, but then split his hoof into little wispy fingers to do more typing.

Cola: Yeah. You said that you wouldn't force me to recombine.
Pop: That's right. And I won't ask you again unless you come first, for a whole decade.

"I-is that true?" Cola asked Rocky. "A decade's a really long time... I dunno if he's that patient..."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
A decade was a long time, wasn't it? Gods, Puddle just realized that it was only a month or so old... but that was beside the current whatevers going on. "Well, he's some big god, right? A decade's real long, but it's, like, not for 'im. I think? Gah, How the hell should I know..?" Puddle shook its head and gritted its teeth. Honestly, Puddle couldn't tell if he should believe any thing Pop said, but... Fuck, was this shit hard for no reason!

But, from the sound of it, Rocky believed Pop. So... it only made sense that Puddle try to as well. With a grain of salt. Or the whole damn salt-rock thing."But... since Rocky thinks Pop is tellin' the truth, then... Maybe we can kinda take Pop's word for it."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Cola shrank a little. "R-right..."

Cola: Does that mean a decade isn't a long time?
Pop: In the grand scheme of things, no. But in some ways, it is a very long time.
Cola: A decade feels like forever to me.
Pop: You've only been around for a few weeks. A decade would be impossible for you to really understand. That's okay.

Cola hesitated again, staring at the words. "I'm... I'm nothing to him," he said softly.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Cola hesitated again, staring at the words. "I'm... I'm nothing to him," he said softly.

"That's..." not something Puddle knew how to refute. Deep down, it hoped that wasn't true, but it felt hard for Puddle to find anything that could say the opposite. Instead of letting its mouth run off, Puddle looked to Rocky to say... something comforting, at least.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"What makes you say that?" Rocky asked. "Is it because he said you hadn't been around long enough to know what a decade feels like? Just because he knows you're young doesn't mean he thinks you're worthless. Pop told me he put all the best parts of himself in you, so I think he thinks you're pretty important!"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"If a decade is nothing... and he asks to recombine then... then that means I will be nothing when I go back. I'll still... disappear..."

Cola stared at the messages. The badge was practically taunting him, now.

Cola: What do you mean that the best part of you is in me?
Pop: My ability to adapt and change is within you. I am an old god. I cannot change in the same way you can, and I have struggled to keep up with the very world I created for a while, now. But that is not a problem for you.

Cola's red circles narrowed. "I don't get it," he said. "What does he mean? His power to change...?"

Cola: What do you mean?
Pop: I used to be like you. I learned and mirrored the people I met, before becoming someone new myself. I watched the world and reflected what they were... I became the god of this world by reflecting what they were. By learning for years and years about it.

"I don't... understand..."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"I don't think I really get the mirroring thing, either," Rocky said, tugging harder on his ear. "I think what he means is... When people get old, sometimes it's hard for them to learn new things. There's too many things already filling up their heads that get in the way. But you're really good at learning! Whenever you meet somebody new, you pick up all kinds of things about what they're like without even trying. It's something you're really good at! I think what Pop is saying is he used to do that, but can't really anymore. So even though you haven't been around for very long, you've probably learned as much as Pop has in ten years, or even a hundred! In a decade you'd grow a lot more than him. You'll be really different, but he'll be mostly the same... That's why you wouldn't disappear."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"But what if Pop doesn't want that? What if... I mean..." He lost the wind soon, because Pop was saying that he'd be allowing that to happen. But then, he didn't understand...

Cola: So because I can change, you think I can grow past you?
Pop: It's possible. And then perhaps I will disappear into you instead.
Cola: But you don't want that.
Pop: Maybe not...

Cola stared at that one, too.

Cola: Maybe?
Pop: Neither of us are going to disappear. When we combine, you will have my wisdom and I will have your adaptability. No matter when that happens, or who is dominant, that is the end result.
Cola: But... what if I become stronger than you?
Pop: Then I will be your wisdom.

"He's... lying," Cola said. "He's acting like he isn't afraid to disappear..."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Anyone would be," Puddle muttered, also staring at the messages on the screen. "He's just tryin' to seem relatable to you, I think. It's a lot harder to tell from just words."

"Try askin' 'im if he's really not scared about becomin' a part of you?"
Puddle shrugged. That was really the only thing that came to mid, that and whether or not Pop actually was the guy that made Cybus or not.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"I know some people who aren't afraid to disappear," Rocky said, looking away from Cola. "Some of them... even want it to happen. I don't get it, either. But maybe he's telling the truth." Rocky didn't really want to think about this question. He didn't think he actually wanted to understand it, but if it would help Cola... "With your mirroring thing, do you think you could understand Pop better if you were close to him? Maybe that would help you figure things out."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Cola: Are you afraid to disappear?
Pop: I think I am. But I don't think either of us will. We are the same. No matter what we do, we'll always be there for each other, either separate or together.
Cola: I don't want to be together for now.
Pop: That's okay. I just want you to be safe.

Cola looked like he was ready to push the badge away, conflicted. "Right..." Cola hovered over the next reply, wondering if he could say it.

Cola: How can I trust you?
Pop: We're the same. Think back to the Tree of Life. How did you feel back then?

"I... I thought he was going to take me right there," Cola said. "But... he didn't. Everyone was upset at me, but he still didn't. And he didn't need to, either. All because he... maybe he really does... care about me. I..." Cola trembled. "I-I made a mistake..."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Puddle remained silent, although a glare did fall on its face. Were they... wrong, about Pop? Really? In all honesty, Pop could be saying anything he wants to get what he wants... he is Cola after all, somehow. If anyone knew how to get in Cola's mind it would be Pop...

But even that didn't sound plausible at this point...

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Puddle was surprised by Cola's quick turn around about Pop, and while it wanted to object to just marching up to Pop so soon... that was clearly what Cola wanted. "We'll... see who we can get. Everyone's pretty busy with stuff, but I'm sure someone'd be free enough to help us out."

That headache Puddle pretty much just got rid of came back. Just a strange, faint, ache in the back of its head. "Yeah, we'll get the strongest backup we can, Cola. You can even help us look for whoever you wanna bring along." Even if Puddle couldn't bring itself to convince Cola otherwise, it could try and make sure nothing wrong happens while they walk right up to Pop. Clearly, the safest place for anyone to be.

Yeah... hopefully...

<><><><><><><>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom