• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Mystery Continent ~ Northern Pines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Him, a savior? “You are mistaken. I am a killer who was dragged here under false pretenses and now I have to wait around while the team ignores me or directs their vitriol toward me.”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"A killer, hm?" Puff said, flicking his ear. "Well, is that something you did back home? I guess a little about yourself could be nice." He wasn't sure where he could immediately approach the rest. From what he knew, Bahamut often isolated himself from his team, and only a few of them interacted. He was certainly an anomaly...

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut’s crystal face contorted into a snarl. “Back home... I kill the worthless nobility and take what little real power they have for myself as I try to stop a planet from breaking apart due to Eternatus being sealed within it.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Correct. It produces unlimited energy and uses it to destroy all life on whatever planets it comes in contact with,” Bahamut said, frowning. “My only friends sacrificed themselves after I took what should’ve been a fatal blow. Now it is bound to my current home planet. Either I undo the seal and there’s a chance the planet survives or I don’t and it gets destroyed and Eternatus obtains the power to travel between dimensions, allowing it to pose a threat to all worlds, including yours.”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Sounds like something we oughta alert Bean about in case it gets to that," commented Puff absently. "I'll jot that down for later... But it sounds to me like what you're trying to do has quite a lot at stake after all. And to have convictions like that... there must be something you value above it all. What do you value the most?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut's expression darkened and black wisps crackled around his body. His response was but a single word:

"Power."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Power to completely and utterly destroy any opponent. Eternatus or otherwise," Bahamut growled. "I believe our team's deceitful leader knew this and manipulated this backup body so that its aura would be tuned to defenses and healing."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut lashed his tail like a whip. "To stop me from killing the people we've fought. Because I would have. Far simpler than trying to free them of corruption and risk future issues with them. Look at the Worldcore crisis that just passed. The one called Sword had been captured and placed into it. She was already corrupted by blacklight and eterna energy. A miniature eternatus burst out of her damn chest the last time we fought her. I wanted her killed. The rest of the team refused."

He held two of his upper right wing claws a few centimeters apart. "Your planet was this close to collapsing on itself."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Puff nodded. "Eliminating a problem entirely to prevent it from getting worse," he said. "It's interesting that Dark Matter, of all entities, would have tried to mask your powers in that way if it was for the sake of not killing anyone. Did Diyem not also intend to kill Eien, had things gone badly? Why do you think the very entity of darkness is also choosing not to immediately kill threats, including those that aren't Eien?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Well, I can't speak to most fights, since he wasn't present for them. The slacker," Bahamut scoffed. "As for this eternatus, it's his mate. And all the weird shades running around this place are apparently his kids. It seems even he is prone to having love cloud his judgement."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"He never gave the order to kill," Puff commented, "even for those that perhaps could have been for less trouble. I think he could have, with enough convincing. If your powers had been tuned a different way. And I heard tell that Owen is already predisposed to being used in such a way... Perhaps that was why Diyem summoned him first?" Puff leaned in. "Surely it's something more than love for one such as him."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Orders? Pah, he doesn't give orders." Bahamut shook his head. "Besides, if he did, I don't think anyone would listen to him. They're stubborn like that."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Puff could have had more to ask, but for one reason or another, he seemed to let that settle. Perhaps he would ask others for more. "That's a good point," he said. "They seem very stubborn to fight for what they think is right. But what about you? What are you fighting for, if you are still aligned with them with perhaps the same goals, in the end?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut shrugged. "I'm not doing the fighting. I heal and cast shields. The others were deceived into this crusade, so they shouldn't be killed for our so-called leader's poor judgement."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Puff nodded again, then looked Bahamut over. "Well, I suppose I do have one more question for you," he said. "You say that you are a healer in this world, but I believe it's also true that you have one technique that can draw out some of your destructive power." Puff gestured to a nearby tree that looked less healthy than the rest. "Would you be interested in demonstrating some of that?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Red overtook Bahamut's eyes. "Are you volunteering?"