• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Main Hall - Cotton Down Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 1 - Coleane, Gen, Wes, Merian, and Nico - Please Don't Hurt Us
  • IFBench

Rescue Team Member
    Partners
    1. chikorita-saltriv
    2. bench-gen
    3. charmander
    4. snivy
    5. treecko
    6. tropius
    7. arctozolt
    8. wartortle
    Coleane was plopped on a gigantic beanbag chair, wings fanned out as she chatted with her friends online. Ah, this was the life! All cozy and warm and with friends.

Gen was snuggled up against her, his tail wagging. Ah, it was so nice to just be snug. One of the few perks of being an Oshawott, he could get snug more easily.

Day 1 ~ Of course Pokemon can talk, but not like that [Jade & Coleane]
  • Chibi Pika

Stay positive
    Staff
    Pronouns
    they/them
    Partners
    1. pikachu-chibi
    2. lugia
    3. palkia
    4. lucario-shiny
    5. incineroar-starr
    Breakfast was loud. Well, what would you expect with so many trainers and Pokemon in one place? Jade had thought about sitting next to May, the only person she'd really gotten a chance to talk with so far. But she hadn't seen the other girl at breakfast, and just ended up grabbing food to go.

Xavier's words still hung over her after she'd left. Portals to other worlds? What? This had to be some kind of game. Was there some script to all this and she'd just missed the memo? Was she supposed to play along?

...Was it actually real? Jade just didn't want to go along with that and then find out it really was just a game and that she was an idiot for taking it seriously.

More interesting was the implication that there were multiple Legendaries on this island, though.

"Do you really think there's Legendaries here?" Jade asked aloud. Would they really just hang out so close to a tourist destination?

Nine walked behind her, glancing around at the surroundings with a suspicious expression. "*If there are, they could be in danger*" he replied. "*Someone could infiltrate the island to capture them.*"

Jade folded her arms, contemplating. "Even if we found them, I don't think they'd let me get close. If this really is another world, I doubt my position back home would matter to anyone. I'm just a random kid here." Not for the first time since arriving, Jade found herself reaching for that presence in the back of her head and found it hovering just out of reach. It was still there, she could still feel it occupying a chunk of her brain. She just couldn't make contact. What did it mean?

"*They might listen to me,*" Nine mused. "*If they can sense what I am from my energy.*"

That was a good point. Back home, the Legendaries could tell that the Pikachu was a half-legend. Maybe it'd be the same here?

Jade didn't know the best way to get more information. Going around asking random people was too daunting. She ended up wandering into the lounge and, well... there were a ton of books here. Maybe one of them had some information about the local legends? Worth a shot. She scanned the bookshelves while Nine kept watch by the door.

Day 3: Kimiko and Coleane talk heroes (And Wes and Gen are there!)
  • Seren

Lurking
    Staff
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    Partners
    1. sableye
    It was a struggle not to drag her feet as Kimiko made her way to the lounge. She'd stopped by the cafe only to get more coffee (Gods, is this how addictions start?) and breakfast for Olivia, because it was going to be another long day. She must have fallen asleep at some point last night but it couldn't have been for very long, if her current state of exhaustion was any indication. She'd passed by a couple other trainers on the way here and most of them looked similarly zombie-like; She expected that to be today's running theme.

At least Olivia was perky, trotting along with a slight spring in her step. She'd managed to get a respectable amount of rest, despite also keeping an invisible eye over their dorm room all night. Thankfully, nothing seemed to have happened. No notes under her door, no screams, no disappearances. Not as far as she could tell, anyway; the other sleep-deprived trainers surely would be more worked up if something else had happened. That felt like a minor miracle, because Kimiko had no real desire to do any further exploring right now.

Still, that didn't mean she couldn't investigate further. Kimiko made straight for the bookcase, searching for the one Amara mentioned yesterday about this region's history. She wasn't sure where the hell she even was though, so she picked up half a dozen different history books. She'd just have to skim them, look for any kind of crisis she'd not heard about before. And with that, she strode over to one of the bean bag chairs in a corner and flopped down. With Olivia eating quietly at her feet, she began digging through the books.

Day 3 - Steven and Ayumi have a quiet conversation
  • Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
    Partners
    1. aggron
    2. lairon
    Steven was currently slumped on one of the lounge couches, trying desperately not to fall asleep. His coffee sat half-empty on the end table next to him, nearing room temperature, but even that was doing little to combat his fatigue.

He and Aggron had gone back to the Blaze Cavern's beginning and managed to find the path they originally intended to follow. They combed it high and low searching for Hayes with no luck. So, reluctantly, Steven agreed to give up (at Aggron's insistence) and head back to the village to rest, recharge, and see if Hayes was anywhere around there instead.

But the second Steven sat down in the lounge, it was like his energy was sapped. The lack of sleep from the previous night was finally catching up with him. He chose the lounge as it seemed like a place that more people might pass through, giving him a better chance of running into Hayes (rather than going on a wild Zangoose chase like they had been for the better half of the day.)

The trouble was, the lounge was unusually quiet today. He hadn't seen a soul. The other challenge was that he was quickly losing the battle to keep his eyes open, and that was not helpful for finding Hayes, either.

Aggron was of no help, already curled up around a cushy beanbag and snoozing away.

Steven sighed, letting his head sink into the hand propped up on the arm of the couch. He tried to tell himself all his worry was for naught; Hayes was probably off exploring some part of the island, or training at the arena, or literally anywhere else. Heck, he hadn't seen several of the trainers and pokemon from the boat ride since arriving. There was nothing to worry about.... right?

His eyelids were growing heavy right when the sound of footsteps entered the lounge. He jolted upright in his seat and looked to see who it was.

Definitely not Hayes, but he realized he did recognize the woman sporting her dark hair held up in a bun.

"Oh," he said, unprompted. "I remember you from the boat. Briefly passed by you on the deck and thought you looked rather at peace."

hehe whoops.png
    He chuckled a bit to himself, realizing he'd just blurted that out loud. "Ah, my apologies. If I may, though, you still look just as well-rested. I'm a bit jealous."

He sat up a bit straighter and glanced at the little Bulbasaur that dashed around the woman's feet. Yes, a nice conversation was what he needed to distract his tired anxiety.

straight ahead smile.png
    "My name's Steven. A coin for your secret?"
    @Inkedust

Day 3 - Steven writes a letter
  • Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
    Partners
    1. aggron
    2. lairon
    Steven returned to the lounge after his trip to the Swap Shop, paper, pen, and a small box in hand. He came here partly because he knew if he went back to his room, he'd collapse on the bed and fall asleep, and partly he hoped he might not have to write this letter at all if Hayes happened to walk by.

To his disappointment, it was empty when he arrived. Aggron curled up around a beanbag again while Steven found a chair with a desk and sat down. It wouldn't take long for him to write his letter, there wasn't much to say, really.

Hayes, My apologies for missing our excursion this morning, I overslept. If you would like to try again tomorrow, I'll be in the cafe for breakfast at 9:00am. Hope to see you there.

His pen paused as he finished the sentence. It couldn't be conveyed in print, but he really hoped he would see Hayes there. The worry of not seeing the young man all day was growing... He took a moment to collect his thoughts and continued.

I stopped by the caverns today to see if I would bump into you there. Unfortunately I did not, but please give this rock to Nosepass as a treat. Aggron found a spot where the concentration of ferrous ore was quite high, and I grabbed a sample for you to see (and Nosepass to enjoy). -Kind Regards, Steven Stone

Satisfied, he folded the letter and tucked it into the box next to the fist-sized rock he produced from his pocket. He sealed the box and rose from the desk, giving the dozing Aggron a pat on the haunch.

"C'mon, let's go see if we can't find our hostess to deliver this to Hayes."

----

Steven had just left the main hall when he spotted Amara from across the courtyard. She was coming out from the Infirmary with a serious look on her face. (Though she was a very professional woman, perhaps that was just how she looked all the time.)

"Excuse me, Amara?" he called, flagging her down. "I hate to bother you, you must be busy, but would you be able to deliver a message to Hayes for me? I'd deliver it myself but I'm afraid I don't know what room he's staying in."

@Flyg0n

Last edited:
    Day 4 - Coleane, Gen, Wallace, and Victoria - Some Downtime
  • IFBench

Rescue Team Member
    Partners
    1. chikorita-saltriv
    2. bench-gen
    3. charmander
    4. snivy
    5. treecko
    6. tropius
    7. arctozolt
    8. wartortle
    Coleane was sprawled out across one of the beanbags, wings idly fluttering as she chatted with her friends online.

Gen was snug against her, reading a book.

Day 5: A Stone's Throw (Violet/Hazel & Steven)
  • MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
    Pronouns
    They/Them
    Partners
    1. lurantis
    2. noivern-astrea
    While there was a bit of a ruckus downstairs last night, the lack of messages on Hazel's phone and the loud music they heard on the first evening led Violet and Hazel to believe that it was just the other guests making some noise. They had even taken a moment to check the hallways downstairs, but didn't identify any unusual sights or scents. Sleep that night came and went like a Ninjask soaring through the skies.

It seemed that for all the running around that everyone had been doing, they were turning up very little in terms of evidence. Violet made an off-hand remark that a crafty criminal knows how to keep their traces as hidden and elusive as the once fabled King of Bountiful Harvests. At this comment, they paused, gave each other a knowing look, and headed straight for the Cotton Down Lounge. If their culprit was as unknown as a myth, then perhaps it would take a mythical Pokémon to uncover them.

The two poured through cover after cover of the books at the lounge, hoping to find whatever information they could about the mythical Pokémon on the island: what powers they had, any possible clues on their whereabouts, and just how Klefki could have possibly come to know them. They already knew what they needed to about Manaphy, but what about Jirachi — the one that Xavian was trying to summon yesterday? Were there any among them that could find traces that they could not? ...Could one of them potentially be in collusion with the kidnapper?

Violet suggested that they could inform the group to be on the lookout for a potential list of mythical Pokémon. The two continued flip through the pages of any books that appeared relevant with feverish hunger.

Day 5: May and Spirit with the Oshawott in the lounge
  • Dragonfree

Staff
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Partners
    1. butterfree
    2. mightyena
    3. charizard
    4. scyther-mia
    5. vulpix
    6. slugma
    At least nothing had happened that morning. What a thing to be grateful for.

May had a quiet breakfast of cornflakes and then considered what to do, who to interrogate, where to investigate. Once again she hadn't slept much. Spirit had chosen to keep restlessly talking about that dumb excited Mightyena until May'd told her in a flash of anger that they were gone, and then they'd both been quiet, awake, for a long time.

"Let's just... hang out in the lounge for a bit," she said as she stood up abruptly, and Spirit followed.

She collapsed on one of the couches, looking restlessly around. Bookcase. Probably there was something there to read. Could use something to do.

She was about to stand up when she noticed the Oshawott was also there - the one who'd been with Coleane. Gen? The one who was super anxious, and Coleane kept wanting to tell them something about why he could speak human only he'd kept stopping her.

Spirit's ears had perked in interest. "Hello, Gen," she said, in Pokémon speech.

Day 5: Spirit Sniffs the Lounge
  • Dragonfree

Staff
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Partners
    1. butterfree
    2. mightyena
    3. charizard
    4. scyther-mia
    5. vulpix
    6. slugma
    Before they left, Spirit warily sniffed around the lounge, trying to pick up any interesting or unexpected scents.

[[Odor Sleuth @Flyg0n]]

Day 6 - Cracking the code
  • Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
    Partners
    1. aggron
    2. lairon
    Steven walked with a brisk pace toward the Lounge. He was focused on the image on his Pokenav, a photo he took of the last page from Officer Jenny's journal. The last page she wrote before she was taken...

thinking face_angry.png
    "I feel like I've seen this before somewhere," he muttered to himself. "Was it in Sinnoh? At the Canalave Library? Or was it somewhere else?"

He shook his head and was about to pocket the device when he nearly walked headlong into a familiar face.

shocked.png
    "Oh, Wallace, I'm sorry! I didn't see you there. I was too engrossed in this--"

He held up his Pokenav to show Wallace when the realization struck.

straight ahead smile.png
    "I always spoke about archaeology and Sootopolitan history with the Wallace from my timeline. Maybe you could help jog my memory on where I've seen this before."

@Torchic W. Pip

Day 6: May and Laura
  • Dragonfree

Staff
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Partners
    1. butterfree
    2. mightyena
    3. charizard
    4. scyther-mia
    5. vulpix
    6. slugma
    The talk wound down, and May headed out. Out of the building. The culprit was probably the Hoopa. And what? It'd attacked Steven. She wasn't exactly equipped to fight a legendary with nobody but Spirit. Even if it was one that was doubly weak to Shadow Ball.

Spirit was agitated, glancing at her, like she wanted to talk. "May, we shouldn't go out without company."

And that was when she almost ran straight into a dark-haired girl. She'd seen her around, she thought. The one with the massive Noivern? She looked warily at her. The Noivern had been on the ship. She was from the safe group.

Day 7 - A conversation with Xavian
  • Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
    Partners
    1. aggron
    2. lairon
    Steven stood rooted in place after the morning roll call. Only Aggron tugging on the back of his jacket as he tried to tail Xavian out of the hall got him to move.

Hayes. Hayes was gone. So much had happened since the morning they had lunch together. It felt like it was a year ago. He hadn't had the chance to speak with him since. And now...

But maybe... Mitch had been rescued. Maybe that meant Hayes would be okay. And Reena, and everyone. They had to get to the bottom of this.

His mind was racing and his legs felt like jello by the time he and Aggron caught up to Xavian in the lounge. He took a deep breath and tried to refocus. Aggron hovered anxiously at his side, gracidea hidden in his cupped claws. They had a mission to complete, for their sake, for Shaymin, for Clink.

neutral straight ahead.png
    Steven cleared his throat. "Excuse me, Mr. Montorzi? Do you have a moment? It's... about Clink. We might have a way to help with his illness."

@Flyg0n

Day 7 - Short lived relief (Steven and Wes)
  • Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
    Partners
    1. aggron
    2. lairon
    Steven knew Aggron was on a mission to get back to their room as quickly as possible when another petal fell off the gracidea in the hallway leading back to the main lounge.

Only Steven's hand coming to rest on his partner's arm was enough to slow him down before he barreled straight out through the hidden entrance.

"Discretion, please," Steven reminded him gently, and Aggron gave an apologetic swish of his tail.

Steven casually poked his head out into the lounge, and when he saw that it was clear, held the door for Aggron exit. The pair then hurried their way across the lounge toward the door.

They nearly made it when the lounge door swung open, and in walked a certain trenchcoat wearing trainer carrying his Espeon like a football.

There was no avoiding the duo, and definitely not when his Umbreon nosed its way through the door moments later.

Steven froze as their eyes met. The day they crossed paths was a haze in his memory, but Wes's words to him cut through bright and clear.

He managed a stiff smile. "Wes," he greeted with a curt nod.

Next to him, Aggron cocked his head at Steven's odd behavior and rumbled a quiet question. What about this trainer made Steven react so alarmed? He hunched over, horns forward and gracidea tucked protectively against his chest, just in case.

@HelloYellow17

Pull It Together, We Have Crime To Commit (Odette, Wes, Nate, Steven, and Kimiko)
  • Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
    Staff
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    Partners
    1. sylveon-shiny
    2. gothitelle
    3. froslass
    4. chandelure
    5. mimikyu
    Odette Tearing Up.PNG
    It was a wonder Odette hadn't bothered to spend more time in here before. Books a plenty, calm lighting, sparse social interaction, and most of all, plenty of corners to duck into to live out an exhausted emotional episode.

She'd already gone through a box of tissues. An entire box of fucking tissues. The garbage pail next to her was overflowing with them, and she still could not stop.

Back to the wall, knees to her chest, and her white knuckled grip around the last clean Kleenex she had, she slammed the back of her head against the wall a few more times. Maybe that round would knock some sense back into her. As anticipated, it did not. Marshadow wasn't kidding when he said this is something that would linger.

"Stop it," she sniffled to herself between slams. When it started to hurt, she just lowered her head in defeat and blew her running nose. "You're so pathetic. Nobody's going to want to commit crime with you if you're acting like this."

Yeah, the self deprecation thing was bad, she'd heard it far too many times. If she hadn't begged Enora and Odile to go into their balls for a little bit so she could be alone, Enora would have certainly chewed her out. But it usually sobered her up from spells like this quickly, and she desperately needed that. She'd texted Wes to meet in the lounge around this time, so he'd surely be here any minute. Possibly with Nate. And their Pokemon partners. None of them needed to fucking see her like this, because then they'd ask her what was wrong, and she'd have to explain what had happened with Marshadow, and why she was so distraught, and--

Nope. No. She'd gotten plenty deep on this trip, but there was no room to go that fucking deep. She already got the pity look from telling Steven she was a kidnapping survivor, but having to tell other people that she'd survived something like that?

Pity look on steroids. She didn't need it right now.

She blew her nose again as her eyes fluttered. Gods, not to mention she was barely staying awake on top of this sob show. A mess, that's what she was. How was she going to keep up with Wes and Nate and their 'mon friends if she could barely make it too steps with out stumbling and having a breakdown?

A nap. A nap would probably do some good. Just like she told herself when she left the arena.

As the thought occurred to her, her phone buzzed. With whatever energy she had left, she fished the device from her pocket and opened the message. Texts from the recon squad. Good, they were on schedule, and it seemed like none of them got into any trouble. At least that was a positive.

In a moment of curiosity, Odette was able to pull herself out of her mental hole in order to crawl out from behind the bookshelf she'd hidden behind to stare at the inconspicuous door at the back of the lounge. Lonesome crying aside, this was a fantastic place to keep an eye out. Once the distraction went under way, surely Xavian and maybe Clink and Orzo would come barreling out through that door, giving her and her group time to go in and get to looking. Until then, they could stay here and quietly watch.

Until until then, this would be where she lived out this episode. She crawled back to her spot and sighed shakily to herself, giving up on the soiled Kleenex and simply using her sleeve to wipe her drenched face.

A nap. A nap would probably do some good.

She was out of sight and out of mind here. The couch that had been pulled over to this corner had its back to the front door, so anybody coming in, or leaving the employee area would have to physically walk over and peer over said couch to find her if she fell asleep on it. And if the culprit got ballsy, Odile's ball was unlocked. Enora could leave it at any time, as always.

A nap.

She tiredly pulled herself onto the leather sofa, not even bothering with any of the pillows propped against it. As soon as her head hit the cushion, she was out like an overheated light.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom