• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[MAFIA WIN] Team Skull Recruitment Mafia (5th Anniversary Mafia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Also weird that they both had considered Cygnus but Sriracha specifically points out he *wouldn't* vote for him because Stracion did already.
Stracion paused, drumming her fingers on the soda can. "Hang on a sec. Haaaang on, you might be onto something. 'Racha was like me--pretty up for having a spicy day 1 to get more info. All good there. But then he just left his vote on Anubis for no real reason when he coulda switched over to Cygnus with me and Jack. If he wanted to get info from the day 1 voting, why drop the ball like that? Unless he was afraid that switching to try and hammer would look pretty sus if he already knew that Cygnus was clean, you get me?"

"Though... maybe he spaced out and never got the chance to make another vote. Who knows," Stracion added with a shrug.

[[An attempt at explaining away timezones in-universe lol.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[wait no you lost me 😂

How would Sriracha know that Cygnus was clean on Day 1??? Unless you're suggesting Sriracha is suspicious b/c of this behavior? (Only mafia would know for sure who was town b/c they know who their teammates are?) But then why explain away time-zones as justification (unless you're unsure if this makes Sriracha suspicious and trying to present both sides of the argument?]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Sriracha looked up from the buffet table in confusion, his beak stuffed with snacks.

"H-hey! What was that you said?"

Sriracha specifically points out he *wouldn't* vote for him because Stracion did already.

The bird-man frowned, scratching his head with a claw caked in crumbs.

"Pretty sure I never said that, bro! I cast my vote before that dude, anyway. Are you like, mixing us up maybe?"

Remembering that he was supposed to vote as well, he looked around until his eyes settled on someone who hadn't stuck to what they'd said.

"I disagree. It is imperative that we get a good lead, I feel; and if the price is a single person being voted out, I believe that we can take the chance. After all, if there's the chance, not an insignificant one, may I add, to immediately put our opponents on the back foot, we should take it. As such, if only to break the tie, I will vote for Phoebe. Don't take it personally; but I have a slightly uneasy feeling about her."
"I agree; I think there's quite a high chance that one of the two, especially Stracion, is at least one of the bad guys that we are looking for. Why I say this is that yesterday, she seemed quite confident, and that she said that it's "no fun if no one gets voted out, where's your sense of drama"; and this shows that he was trying to get us to vote at least one person out, so that their job will be easier.

Sriracha made a crooning rooster-chuckle.

"This Victoria guy said it was super important we vote for someone straight away, then turned around today to be like, 'hey Stracion wanted to vote someone out, that proves Stracion is a thug'! That doesn't seem right to me. I don't like that... and it makes me think maybe Victoria is just saying whatever, you know? Like, let's vote Phoebe because it's good to vote on day one, but let's vote Stracion because it's bad to vote on day one? No way, bro."

He leveled a clawed hand at Victoria and snapped his fingers.

"I choose you, bro!"

Vote Victoria

@Sinderella

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
How would Sriracha know that Cygnus was clean on Day 1??? Unless you're suggesting Sriracha is suspicious b/c of this behavior? (Only mafia would know for sure who was town b/c they know who their teammates are?) But then why explain away time-zones as justification (unless you're unsure if this makes Sriracha suspicious and trying to present both sides of the argument?]]
"Like, he'd know Cygnus was clean if he was a hater. He'd know who the other haters are, and that everyone else isn't, and being the hammer vote on a homie always looks bad. But like, I'm not 100% on it or anything, and he legit might've just forgot to try making a more info-grabbing vote."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"But then he just left his vote on Anubis for no real reason when he coulda switched over to Cygnus with me and Jack. If he wanted to get info from the day 1 voting, why drop the ball like that? Unless he was afraid that switching to try and hammer would look pretty sus if he already knew that Cygnus was clean, you get me?"

Sriracha glanced over at Stracion and shrugged.

"I dunno, man. Why didn't you vote for that other guy with me? I voted, and figured everyone else could do what they liked. I gotta be honest, I kinda stopped paying attention after I voted."

His face screwed up in concentration.

"Also... you're saying that like... if I was on the thug team, I would know not to help vote out homies, 'cause it would look bad, so not doing that looks bad. But like, I wouldn't join in with voting to help vote for another thug, right? So you're basically saying that thugs would never help vote out anyone at all, but also that it would look bad if I did help vote him out. So, like, I can't win? It'd be suspicious no matter what I did?"

He clacked his beak and reached for another snack.

"That's lame, bro."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Also... you're saying that like... if I was on the thug team, I would know not to help vote out homies, 'cause it would look bad, so not doing that looks bad. But like, I wouldn't join in with voting to help vote for another thug, right? So you're basically saying that thugs would never help vote out anyone at all, but also that it would look bad if I did help vote him out. So, like, I can't win? It'd be suspicious no matter what I did?"
Stracion shrugged. "Nah, nah, just that being the deciding vote is usually something they wanna try and avoid unless there's a real solid reason, you get me?"

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
The bird-man frowned, scratching his head with a claw caked in crumbs.

"Pretty sure I never said that, bro! I cast my vote before that dude, anyway. Are you like, mixing us up maybe?"
Phoebe's eyes went wide, then screwed shut. "Oh no, maybe that wasn't you who said that! Augh, this is confusing!"

[[I swear I saw something for someone specifically saying they weren't voting for Cygnus because someone else already had, and I thought it was Jackie, but I went back through the thread and I can't find the post I thought I saw.

Oh no you guys it's too early in the game for me to be losing it 😂 Sorry about that, seems like a genuine mix up. Going to re-read *again* to see if I can find the post I'm thinking of and see who it actually belonged to.

Okay I can't find the passage I thought I read on my original review of the thread, but I DID see Anubis casually drop they could be on board for a Cygnus vote b/c of Role Madness but then not and vote No Elimination in the same breath right before end of day. So that must have been my mix up. I stand by my Anubis vote, even with a defense of "it's bad to vote me out."]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Sriracha nodded.

"Yeah, two times, actually? He was like, 'maybe Cygnus, but actually nobody!' two times on the first day. Hey, isn't that one of those bad signs, uh, a 'tell'? Saying you'll vote for somebody then not actually doing it?"

The bird waved amiably at Stracion.

"Hey bro, that Anubis dude was definitely paying attention right at the end of the day and he didn't join your vote even after saying he might! Isn't that the thing you were talking about?"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
  7. chinchou
"I'm trying to run through all the roles in play, here. I agree there was probably an intervention of sorts rather than a complete lack of third-party killers--kinda wouldn't be role madness otherwise--so there's potential for some bulletproof roles, there's the paranoid gun owner..."

[[the wiki says they can also be uncommonly bulletproof? which implies that normally they also die if they're shot? I dunno, someone more seasoned in this can correct me if I'm wrong.]]
"As I understand it normally a paranoid gun owner would die if they're shot, yeah, just also kill the person who targeted them."

Phoebe thought to herself again, but murmured what she was thinking out loud.

"If we do go on the assumption that it's only one hater team, did we ever do a number crunch on how many of them there'd be? It's a game of 11 players, what's a reasonable ratio of haters in that group? Two? Or maybe three?"
"If there's one mafia team I'd say that's likely to be three people here. That'd be about normal proportions. If there were two mafia teams they'd probably have to be two people each. Something like that. Third parties could change the calculus as well, depending on how the third party works."

Stracion popped the tab on a soda and chugged half of it. "Anyway, uh... forgot where I was going with this. Dunno if a hater would prefer we think they did it, or think someone else did it. Fewer lies is safer, and so's looking helpful."
Jack furrowed his brow. "Hmm, yeah... good analysis but not totally sure what to take away from it. I think the trouble is people tend to sort of straightforwardly assume probably a single kill was the mafia, right? So someone assuming it was the mafia early in the day doesn't necessarily mean they know something we don't. Good to keep in the back pocket, though, I guess."

He listened to Phoebe, head tilted.
Didn't like the vote train on me by Victoria based on RP, not mechanical play. Jack also mentioned they didn't like my vibes but was reluctant to vote.
"Oh. No, the reason I said I didn't like the vote train on you because I really didn't like those votes. Rui's vote felt pretty wishy-washy to me, and then Victoria's was just kind of slapped on that train a few posts later with no justification for why you over Cygnus. I had a really bad feeling about that, and then I felt like Rui might be trying to awkwardly distance from Victoria after that, too, so all in all last night I was kind of convinced they were a scumteam. But now I'm pretty sure it'd be too galaxy-brained for Victoria to be mafia and still make that slip-up about how the mafia kill works, so I think probably that was spurious?"

"It would be... very bad to vote for me, but I suppose I cannot give a defense without trying to claim my role in all this..." Anubis murmured. "But that exposes me to the scum, which is also quite unfortunate."

[[Side note, it felt like Jackie may have been soft claiming paranoid gun owner yesterday maybe? i've had a lot of things to tend to today but the way they spoke about it yesterday caught my eye.
Jack nodded slowly. "Yeah, I had that thought too, and got the sense Stracion'd had that thought."

He watched the exchange between Stracion and Sriracha, brow furrowing.

"Hmm. Sriracha, what are your thoughts on why me and Stracion don't think it's Victoria anymore? Like, the bit where she didn't know how the mafia kill even works?"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Okay I can't find the passage I thought I read on my original review of the thread, but I DID see Anubis casually drop they could be on board for a Cygnus vote b/c of Role Madness but then not and vote No Elimination in the same breath right before end of day. So that must have been my mix up. I stand by my Anubis vote, even with a defense of "it's bad to vote me out."]]
"Riiiiight 'kay, yep, that changes things. Derp."

She paused to reread the writing Phoebe had left on the buffet tablecloth, explaining the various possible pairings.

"Fuck it, I'll bite. Vote: Anubis."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Hmm. Sriracha, what are your thoughts on why me and Stracion don't think it's Victoria anymore? Like, the bit where she didn't know how the mafia kill even works?"

"Isn't that guy, like, brand new to this kind of game? I think someone could just get it that badly wrong anyway, without even pretending as part of a plan. Or get told to say that, or... genuinely the thugs do have multiple kills and that was a slip-up. We don't actually know how the killers work, right?"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
His feathers bristled with excitement at the sound of a vote for Anubis.

"Okay, cool! We're gonna vote for that guy after all! Neat!"

Vote: Anubis

@Sinderella

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
  2. vulpix
Spencer looked up, having been absentmindedly spinning one of the wheels on his skateboard. "Honestly, I think the sauce ma- Sriracha had a point earlier. Victoria has been a little quick to start piling accusations on people for voting yesterday, despite having voted herself. And I know some of you keep bringing up how she didn't how how the scum-killing worked, but that could be either misdirection or a misunderstanding on her part. Even if Victoria isn't part of the scum team, she might still be a third party."

"I also still think that role-wise, we likely have 2 haters and a 3rd party just because this is a role madness game. I believe there were 2 attacks last night, and either one got blocked, hit an immune, or both targeted the same person. If we had a lucky doctor roleblocker last night, we probably won't again tonight. The amount dead tomorrow will either confirm or deny my theory."

We don't actually know how the killers work, right?"
"Could we ask Guzma how they work? Then we'll know for sure if they can each kill or if neither can. Though I guess the role listed on the invite does say that only one mafia- er, Thuggiest Thug can attack each night so that's probably how it works." Spencer added, remembering the invite description of the role.

"You all can vote for whoever you want, but I'm still convinced that the Victoria is suspicious. So I'm going to Vote: Victoria."

He took another brownie - these were good, it was too bad Koa couldn't make good food like this - and folded his hands. "I am a bit late, it doesn't seem like my vote is needed but why not. No elimination."

[[It's unnecessary unless something really swingy happens, and I wouldn't even be opposed to Cygnus but bc of the role madness stuff I want to see how the night goes.
Spencer turned toward Phoebe. "Pheobe, was this what you were referring to? I know this isn't helping the assumption that I'm on a team with him, but I don't feel like this is grounds to vote him out. That's just my two cents though. You also claimed that I said that I thought Cygnus' elimination was a third party kill and not a mafia kill, which is a complete misinterpretation of what I said."
The other thing is they both specifically mentioned Cygnus's elimination being a Third Party, and not possibly a mafia kill. On its own this seems fine, but both are so adamant that it's *not* the mafia kill that it makes me suspicious that they must know it's not because they themselves targeted someone else last night, and that person wasn't eliminated.
We can't rule out the possibility of a third party attacking but getting roleblocked or hitting someone who got healed. Hell, the thugs might have hit an immune, and Cygnus might have been hit by a third party instead.
"As you can see, before I claimed that the thugs might have hit an immune I said that there might have been a third party who did so first. I never said that it couldn't possibly be a thug who got the kill, just that we had to keep an open mind to the possibility of a third party too."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
  7. chinchou
"Okay, so here are my thoughts on everyone so far."

Derek
- Not feeling amazing about him, if I'm honest? The only thing he said yesterday was sort of suggesting that we should eliminate somebody, but then he never showed up to vote or anything, and then first thing this morning just sort of shows up with no comment asking us to defend ourselves over Cygnus getting killed. But he did at least give a bit of a read list, and there's been so little of him it's just hard to say much.

Anubis
- I liked him early on for sticking to his guns when questioned and sort of not going with the flow, but then he's also been kind of wishy-washy about voting and what he actually thinks since. Not sure what to think about the claim that it'd be really bad if he were killed off; would make sense if he's actually a power role, and forcing him to reveal it would be bad in that case, but it's also really easy for the mafia to just sort of slap that out there if we always took that seriously. Mmmm. Not sure about how quickly that train's picking up.

Spencer
- Hasn't made a strong impression on me, although Phoebe's case on him and Anubis being connected sounds interesting? Would kind of have to review that again to be sure.

Rui
- Was tunneling her + Victoria kind of hard last night but that probably doesn't actually check out, I think. I also thought her vote was kind of wishy-washy, but without the other stuff that's a lot weaker, and a lot of that could be she's just... being polite, because she's like that. So still on my radar but not high on it at the moment.

Phoebe
- Like I mentioned yesterday, I didn't have a great feeling about Phoebe, and then I thought maybe not because I had a worse feeling about the vote train on her, but now that's not a thing anymore, which left me back to not liking the way she played yesterday much. I have been finding her more sincere since then, though, and I do think the pair analysis is pretty interesting although it could always be misdirection.

Sriracha
- Okay, so I was pretty neutral on him, but I'm really not liking his conduct just now? Like Stracion pointed out, he left his pressure vote without comment, although he could've just not had a chance to change it or anything. But the moment he's getting suspected he sort of immediately seizes on the next easy target to throw out a vote? Which, like, fair, I really disliked Victoria's about-face too, but he didn't bring up the pretty interestesting case against her being mafia that'd already been stated, even though it seems like he'd been paying attention, and he responded by doubling down rather than like he hadn't realized that. But then, despite having doubled down on Victoria, now he's jumping on the new train being established instead without a pause? I'm just not a fan of that progression and it's pinging me all over the place.

Isaac
- Been sort of in the background so I don't have a lot of thoughts on him. I wrote down I didn't super like the way he initially argued for not eliminating anyone yesterday but since then he hasn't left a big impression. Would like to see bigger contributions.

Stracion
- I'm vibing with most of her thoughts on the game, which helps, and I think she's been making good observations that feel genuine. Most solid townread.

Victoria
- ??? Disliked her vote yesterday, dislike the sudden shift in thoughts on voting just to make me and Stracion look suspicious, but it just feels really unlikely that she'd galaxy-brain not knowing how the scumkill works if she's in scumchat. I don't think I buy Sriracha's reasoning that she might have made that slip anyway, although maybe I'm wrong and I will have to shake the hand of whoever in the mafia orchestrated this stroke of genius.

"All in all, right now I'm feeling worst about Sriracha. I'm sorry, bud."

@Sinderella

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
  9. porygon
"Whoa whoa! I'm one of the homies! One of the pack!" Anubis scowled, feeling slightly annoyed, though he had no one to blame but himself. Not like he'd helped much either. How could he explain?

His gaze shifted to the bird, who'd voted for him out of the blue yesterday, and then again today. And who'd changed his vote after Stracion had.

[[Oh no I really bungled this. I don't know how I can save myself here, role claiming is a bad idea but I also really don't think its a good idea. At the very least the alarmingly quick vote train on me means I may have already been sussed so maybe I'm good as dead anyway. Definitely at least one person on my train could be scum if what I think has happened has happened.

Anyways as for supposedly being wishy washy if you really read I was fairly consistenly and am always consistent in hating 1st day votes.
"Hey!" Anubis barked, glaring at Siracha. "What's that for, sauce man? That's a terrible idea. How about I vote for you?" he paused. "Unless you're trying to get me to do that." Not even a day in and someone wanted to vote for him. That was bad. At least it seemed someone else voted for someone but... why was everyone in a rush to do things? Time was running short yes but they also couldn't resist making a grievous error.

"Cygnus huh? That the uh, dead air dead space thing or whatever?" He tapped his chin in thought. They did seem to be missing a few...

"Or we vote no elimination... Though I would like to see words from our quiet members."

[[I think Eon is the only one who hasn't posted at all? actually...]]
[[That is to say, if nothing changes I'm thinking 'no elimination, at least day 1, what with the nature of the game]]
"The game will be far more interesting if something happens in the night," Anubis pointed out with ane excited grin. "This is rather fun. So many unknowns, why not see how things go? Just for today."

He took another brownie - these were good, it was too bad Koa couldn't make good food like this - and folded his hands. "I am a bit late, it doesn't seem like my vote is needed but why not. No elimination."

[[It's unnecessary unless something really swingy happens, and I wouldn't even be opposed to Cygnus but bc of the role madness stuff I want to see how the night goes.

vote: No elimination]]
I make one mention of not minding but that's because I literally always get so much grief in previous games about mathematics and information and how Day 1 votes are important. This is not me being wishy washy because of scum this is me not wanting to get sussed or get grief for not liking opening day votes.

Anyways I'll roleclaim at the end of the day if it'll stop the train but that's an awful idea and I don't want to go that far.

For now I need to reread and pay more attention. I like free's points and wouldn't mind voting Siraracha. The random switch of votes feels really weird on Day 2.]]

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
[[Quick OOC post:

Fair that people don’t have confidence in me; this game day went by WAY faster than I thought. I’m at work and still will be at EOD so I can’t do thorough reads or analytical post, and I apologize, and it is what it is.

I guess I haven’t had much to contribute because we still have no info, just analysing each others behaviour. Still, I apologize for being absent.

I don’t feel good about the vote train on Anubis, tbh. Hasn’t pinged me as particularly scummy the way he has for others. I’m also not feeling good about Sriracha, and still not feeling good about Stracion. Sriracha is for similar reasons that Free said; I don’t like the aggression and quickly pouncing on votes for other people. Stracion is just giving me vibes?Nothing said struck me as particularly helpful; will have to do more thorough reads later.]]

Vote: Sriracha

@Sinderella

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
At the very least the alarmingly quick vote train on me means I may have already been sussed so maybe I'm good as dead anyway.
Stracion tilted her head. “Right, so… what does that… mean? Like you got rolecopped or something? If ‘Racha is a hater, he couldn’t have rolecopped you on day 1, so your role had nothing to do with that. And like, ‘at least one?’ There’s only two votes bro, you’ve gotta have some idea which of us you think is sus.”

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
  7. chinchou
Jack shifted on his feet, uncomfortable. "Honestly, Anubis, if you're really a town power role the damage is already done. Mafia already knows you're apparently super valuable to town, and can probably make a pretty good guess as to how, and if their guess is wrong it's probably because they assume you're more important than you are. Stating you're a super powerful power role honest but won't reveal exactly what until the end of the day with no time left just kind of makes you look worse, you know? Since then there wouldn't be time to properly examine your claim or your claimed actions or for anyone else to make a counterclaim or whatever. Or am I missing something...?"

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[Three votes for Anubis: myself, you (Chibi), and Sriracha. Actually speaking of, @Sinderella can we get an official current vote count?]]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom