• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Hunger Switch Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
She sent a look at Novo, taking into account his shy demeanor. What was that about?

Are you alright Novo? Do you want some bacon? Or did you eat too fast?”
Novo blinked. Oh, she was offering some to him! He fidgeted nervously, then graciously bowed his head with a purr and took a piece of bacon, chewing carefully. For some reason, it just didn’t seem right to snarf the whole thing with her watching.

He’d never eaten this delicately in his entire life. What an odd thing to do. Did other mon eat like this? Why?
I

A M

A Y U M I S

P O K E M O N

T O O
He was about to take another strip when the writing appeared on the floor, making his hair stand up. He snapped his head to the little bulb’s shadow, a growl rising in his throat. So this was the thief that stole his food earlier—
D O N T

W A N T

T O

B E

S C A R Y
There was a clear hesitation as Dusana began writing her next set of words.

S O

I

H I D E

I N

S H A D O W
…oh. Novo blinked, contemplating his options, then decided that…maybe…maybe a fight wasn’t the best right now. Yeah, he didn’t want to startle Enora. With how pristine her coat was, he wondered if she’d ever seen a proper battle in her life, anyway. Besides, while this ghost was a thief, she didn’t appear to be a threat.

He relaxed and let his fur fall flat. With a chirp, he nudged the plate closer to Dusana. Between the plates Enora and Olivia had brought, there was plenty to go around…as long as he and Neo kept themselves in check.
"Are you okay?" Olivia asked upon realizing Neo had stopped eating. Her tail lashed happily as she picked up another piece and offered it to him.
Neo kneaded at the ground and purred louder. He was great! Wonderful! This was the best morning ever! Tons of bacon and tons of friends! He just wished Wes was happier. Then it would be perfect.

He accepted Olivia’s offering and wondered if she would hold on to her end like she did last time. It was kind of funny how they bumped noses. He liked it, but he wasn’t sure why.

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
There was a long pause as Vera's (still standing) shadow considered the female espeon's offer. Then she began to write out a few more words with her vine.

It was then that Olivia noticed that the shadow was indeed at an odd angle, as though… actually standing? “That’s really cool! Can you teach me how to do that??”

She had to admit, the ability to write like that would come in handy when trying to communicate with her human, too… maybe the shadow was like Lucy, not really scary at all! It had said it didn’t want to be scary… but then, why was it hiding?

Well, other than the fact that it had said it wouldn’t fit under the table with them.

"Oh that's perfectly fine," Ayumi said pleasantly. "We'll be here for quite some time, so best we try our best to get along with everyone else, wouldn't you say?" She took a bite out of one of the pastries she brought to the table. "I don't understand how someone could get off on the wrong foot with you though. You're such a lovely girl!" she added with a laugh.

"I'm nearly finished with my breakfast, but I wouldn't mind hanging around for some more small talk. Though I do intend to explore the island a bit later. What do you plan to do after this?" she asked.
“Oh, absolutely!” Kimiko replied. But then the the follow up… Well, she’d so rudely excused herself just as Ayumi had joined them. She may as well explain.

“Thank you!” She said, her blush returning again. Some day, she would do something about that. But it is not this day. People were very friendly here today, and after yesterday, Kimiko was very much unprepared to have such a good day. “Long story short, I got startled by Odile - one of her Pokémon - yesterday at dinner and ran off. It… very obviously upset her. Can’t say I blame her, though, which is why I wanted to make things right.”

Kimiko found herself at a loss as to how to answer Ayumi’s second question. She hasn’t expected to settle things with Odette first thing in the morning. But now she had, and she found her afternoon free. She considered maybe trying to make up for lost time and returning to her room for a nap, but she realized that, between the coffee and making a friend or two, she wasn’t actually very tired anymore.

“Honestly, I’m not sure. Might just explore a little bit myself till the sun goes down. Would be fun to happen upon a legendary or something.”

That is… if she could ever tear Olivia away from her new friends.

Neo kneaded at the ground and purred louder. He was great! Wonderful! This was the best morning ever! Tons of bacon and tons of friends! He just wished Wes was happier. Then it would be perfect.

He accepted Olivia’s offering and wondered if she would hold on to her end like she did last time. It was kind of funny how they bumped noses. He liked it, but he wasn’t sure why.

Neo’s little paws practically made Olivia squeal. He was so cute! But in a different way to herself or Enora.

And then he reached for her offering, and she had to resist the urge to chew faster just so they could nose bump again. When they finally did, she trilled in delight. She wondered what he would do if she…

She reached up and pawed at his ear, tail swishing excitedly.

Kimiko turned to Wes, his head buried in his plate but not making much headway on his breakfast. “So, Wes, what about you? Any day plans?”

Last edited:

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
…oh. Novo blinked, contemplating his options, then decided that…maybe…maybe a fight wasn’t the best right now. Yeah, he didn’t want to startle Enora. With how pristine her coat was, he wondered if she’d ever seen a proper battle in her life, anyway. Besides, while this ghost was a thief, she didn’t appear to be a threat.

He relaxed and let his fur fall flat. With a chirp, he nudged the plate closer to Dusana. Between the plates Enora and Olivia had brought, there was plenty to go around…as long as he and Neo kept themselves in check.
It was then that Olivia noticed that the shadow was indeed at an odd angle, as though… actually standing? “That’s really cool! Can you teach me how to do that??”
Dusana flinched when the umbreon started growling and was just about to hop back into Ayumi's shadow but stopped when she noticed him nudge the plate a bit closer. She tilted her head at the food before looking back at the umbreon with a thankful chirp of her own. It sounded like a strange combination of a persian's purr and a pidgeot's warble.

She looked back at the espeon she walk talking to before. She tilted her head questioningly before writing out another set of words.

I

D O N T

K N O W

C A N

H I D E

B E C A U S E

I

A M

A

G H O S T - T Y P E

Dusana then helped herself to the platter, though she notably took less than any of the pokémon under the table.

“Oh, absolutely!” Kimiko replied. But then the the follow up… Well, she’d so rudely excused herself just as Ayumi had joined them. She may as well explain.

“Thank you!” She said, her blush returning again. Some day, she would do something about that. But it is not this day. People were very friendly here today, and after yesterday, Kimiko was very much unprepared to have such a good day. “Long story short, I got startled by Odile - one of her Pokémon - yesterday at dinner and ran off. It… very obviously upset her. Can’t say I blame her, though, which is why I wanted to make things right.”

Kimiko found herself at a loss as to how to answer Ayumi’s second question. She hasn’t expected to settle things with Odette first thing in the morning. But now she had, and she found her afternoon free. She considered maybe trying to make up for lost time and returning to her room for a nap, but she realized that, between the coffee and making a friend or two, she wasn’t actually very tired anymore.

“Honestly, I’m not sure. Might just explore a little bit myself till the sun goes down. Would be fun to happen upon a legendary or something.”
"Ah, that strange tumbleweed?" Ayumi asked. She rested her chin on her knuckles. "Yes, I've noticed that she has a rather...strong personality. I couldn't blame anyone for feeling scared or intimidated by her." Her look became pensive. "Though there's something odd I noticed about her and her trainer. I can't shake the feeling that I am somehow meant to be familiar with them, even though I've never met them before in my life. I thought it was nothing at first - maybe just a bit of jetlag - but when Odile mentioned a bird..." Ayumi's look became distant.

<Later.>

Dusana's small prod caught her off-guard. Ayumi instinctively tried to feel for her, but felt nothing.

<Keeping watch over Vera. In her shadow now.>
<Think about Big Stick and White Bird later. Nice Lady will think you're weird!>

Ayumi nodded slightly, returning her attention to Kimiko. "Sorry, got a bit sidetracked there," she said with a mareepish laugh. "It is the perfect time for exploring, huh? The weather is picture perfect!" Ayumi shut her eyes when she took a small sip of her coffee, but popped one open as she spoke again. "A Legendary, hm? Well that would be something for our first day on the island now wouldn't it?"

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
S O R R Y

S H E

I S

V E R Y

R A S H
There was a brief pause and the shadow began writing again.

H E R

N A M E

I S

V E R A

M I N E

I S

D U S A N A
Dusana in control of Vera's shadow looked between all the pokémon. She hoped that she wasn't scaring any of them, so she wrote out one final thing to hopefully put their nerves at ease.

I

A M

A Y U M I S

P O K E M O N

T O O
Enora Neutral Frown.PNG
Oh. How interesting. As the Bulbasaur's shadow explanded, Enora got a whiff of ghost presence. Then soon, she got her explanation. The Bulbasaur was Vera. The ghost was Dusana. They both belonged to the other trainer sitting at the table.

Enora Neutral Grin.PNG
Neat. It must have been nice to have a ghost type so willing to stay in a shadow. She could not relate.

"Nice to meet you both," she smiled.
Novo blinked. Oh, she was offering some to him! He fidgeted nervously, then graciously bowed his head with a purr and took a piece of bacon, chewing carefully. For some reason, it just didn’t seem right to snarf the whole thing with her watching.

He’d never eaten this delicately in his entire life. What an odd thing to do. Did other mon eat like this? Why?
Enora Sus.PNG
Huh. Nothing to say? And he wasn't eating as voraciously as he'd been yesterday. How strange...
Enora Confident.PNG
Unless...

Was he slowing down and refraining from talking with food in his mouth because he was learning his manners? Was her presence rubbing off on him? He suddenly looked so much cuter now that he was eating with such fine table etiquette. See, manners looked good on anybody.

"Oh pardon me. I don't want to bother you while you have your mouth full. But I do hope you're enjoying the food!"

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
She looked back at the espeon she walk talking to before. She tilted her head questioningly before writing out another set of words.

Olivia tensed at the words 'ghost-type'. Purely off of instinct, she sent out another psychic scan, but her human still felt perfectly calm. In fact, she seemed to be enjoying herself quite a bit. Good, it was about time she'd had some positive vibes! Still, though... probably best not to mention the ghost in the area.

"Awww... that's okay, though! I'm a psychic, so I can do a lot of other really cool and fun things!" Besides, just because Dusana didn't know how to teach her didn't mean someone else wouldn't know! She'd have to ask around... maybe Lucy would know how?

It was a little bit of an unnerving sight to see their bacon simply vanishing the way it did, but Dusana had been nothing but friendly to this point. "I didn't know ghosts needed to eat! Is it good? Can you even taste?" She hadn't really had the opportunity to question many ghosts before. Neither of her teammates were very accommodating when it came to her inquiries.

"Ah, that strange tumbleweed?" Ayumi asked. She rested her chin on her knuckles. "Yes, I've noticed that she has a rather...strong personality. I couldn't blame anyone for feeling scared or intimidated by her." Her look became pensive. "Though there's something odd I noticed about her and her trainer. I can't shake the feeling that I am somehow meant to be familiar with them, even though I've never met them before in my life. I thought it was nothing at first - maybe just a bit of jetlag - but when Odile mentioned a bird..." Ayumi's look became distant.

It was somewhat comforting to know no one but Odette - so far - seemed to have judged her reaction to Odile. "I know what you mean," Kimiko replied. "I'd had... well, I know now they they were memories, but I wasn't sure at the time. But I'd had memories surfacing ever since seeing them on the boat, and I just had to figure out where I'd seen them before."

What was that about a bird? Odile had mentioned something about... kill-stealing?

"Hm... I do think I recall some kind of large bird the last time Odette and I met..." The last thing Kimiko wanted to do right now after finally getting some answers was purposely recall those memories, but, now that the topic was in her brain, it was going to eat at her all day if she ignored it. "Let's see... Odile was fighting that creepy cultist guy who tried to recruit them, after he'd turned into a giant worm... how did that fight end...? Hmm... Yeah, there... there was some kind of giant dark bird there. He looked like he kind of just perched on top of the worm and like, drained all of it's energy." That must be what Odette had thought Kimiko saw in her dream... but no, her bird wasn't exactly like this one, although she supposed, given the 'nightmare' aspect, she could see where she'd get that conclusion from. "I hadn't interacted with him much before that... Ohhhh, what was his name again? Al...toid? Al... ter? Alter? No, that's not it..."

Ayumi nodded slightly, returning her attention to Kimiko. "Sorry, got a bit sidetracked there," she said with a mareepish laugh. "It is the perfect time for exploring, huh? The weather is picture perfect!" Ayumi shut her eyes when she took a small sip of her coffee, but popped one open as she spoke again. "A Legendary, hm? Well that would be something for our first day on the island now wouldn't it?"

"Well, it'll come back to me eventually," she said with a sigh. She'd give it some more thought tonight. "Anyway! Yeah, maybe it's a little early, and I'm not confident in my detective skills-" because they've been fucking useless so far "-so I'd be surprised if I ended up seeing a single one before this trip is over. On the other hand, though, our host... uh, Xavius? He said he'd had some brought over, didn't he? So they must at least partially want to be found, right? Surely they wouldn't have come if they didn't want to be here for..."

Actually, what had the legendaries been brought here for? The amusement of the guests? He hadn't captured or forced them to be here, did he? She sat there in silence for several minutes, but couldn't bring herself to believe that there were multiple legendary pokemon willingly exposing themselves to this many humans, especially given the unsavory nature of some of the invited. They weren't called 'legends' for nothing.

Suddenly, the knot in Kimiko's stomach had returned, and this time it had nothing to do with Odile.

[[ @Flyg0n ]]
She had seen him when she came in, didn't she? A quick look around, and... yes, there he was! "Would you excuse me for a second?" Kimiko asked Ayumi. She hoped she'd be forgiven for the rudeness of excusing herself to talk to another person twice during one meal, but she thought this may be important enough to be worth the risk.

She peeked under the table, where Olivia seemed to be... really gorging herself on that bacon. Where had all those plates come from...? Well, whatever, she'd deal with that a little while later. She nudged her espeon lightly with her boot. "Hey, I need to go talk to someone for a minute... give me a vibe check on this guy, okay?"

[[ Consider that a request to use my day's investigation power, in the form of Mind Reader. ]]

And with that, she stood up and strode over to their host. "Um, excuse me, hi there!" She waited politely, but somewhat impatiently, for Xavion to address her before she introduced herself, and then posed a question. "I wanted to thank you for setting all of this up. It's quite impressive, and very generous! I did wonder, though, if you don't mind me asking... How did you convince all of those legendaries to join us? You said your klefki invited them, right? They... did come willingly, didn't they? I mean, what could they be getting out of it?"

Well, that had come off a little bit more blunt and rude than she'd been planning, but it was that kind of day, apparently.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
She had seen him when she came in, didn't she? A quick look around, and... yes, there he was! "Would you excuse me for a second?" Kimiko asked Ayumi. She hoped she'd be forgiven for the rudeness of excusing herself to talk to another person twice during one meal, but she thought this may be important enough to be worth the risk.

She peeked under the table, where Olivia seemed to be... really gorging herself on that bacon. Where had all those plates come from...? Well, whatever, she'd deal with that a little while later. She nudged her espeon lightly with her boot. "Hey, I need to go talk to someone for a minute... give me a vibe check on this guy, okay?"

[[ Consider that a request to use my day's investigation power, in the form of Mind Reader. ]]

And with that, she stood up and strode over to their host. "Um, excuse me, hi there!" She waited politely, but somewhat impatiently, for Xavion to address her before she introduced herself, and then posed a question. "I wanted to thank you for setting all of this up. It's quite impressive, and very generous! I did wonder, though, if you don't mind me asking... How did you convince all of those legendaries to join us? You said your klefki invited them, right? They... did come willingly, didn't they? I mean, what could they be getting out of it?"

Well, that had come off a little bit more blunt and rude than she'd been planning, but it was that kind of day, apparently.

Xavian smiled brightly when she approached. "Ah, Miss Kimiko! I am delighted that you are enjoying everything so far. And to answer your question, why of course they came willingly!" He chuckled, almost as if to himself. "I cannot fathom how I'd force such beings to come here." He smiled wryly. "Although at the risk of sounding pedantic, the pokemon Clink invited are classified as 'mythical' pokemon in my world."

He paused, taking a sip of his drink. "I'll tell you a little secret though. The real reason the mythical pokemon agreed to come is because..." he leaned a little closer. "-they too wish to meet unique humans. You see, Clink explained to me that much in the same way humans try to seek legendary and mythical pokemon, they sometimes try to seek out good people. People who truly care deeply for their pokemon, and are quite close to them. So this Festival is a as much a chance for trainers to see mythical pokemon as it is a chance for mythical pokemon to meet those special trainers."

"I hope that eases your concerns?"
Mind Reader allows you to see through any deceptions. Xavian is telling the truth! The mythical pokemon are here of their own free will, and are truly here to meet unique trainers.

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
"Nice to meet you both," she smiled.
N I C E

T O

M E E T

Y O U

T O O

The shadow suddenly looked off to the side as Vera suddenly got up and stretched. Then without any warning, Vera leapt up onto Ayumi's lap, forcing Dusana to follow. She hid back in Ayumi's shadow.

B Y E

Ayumi once again looked pensive. "Hmm. It is pretty strange. I'll have to think about it more later but I swear that this is the first time I met any of you." She shook her head before reaching out for Dusana.

<That name ring any bells?>

<No. Maybe. Don't know. Think later.>

<Alright, alright. Breakfast is nearly over anyway.>

"Convincing Legendaries to come to the island here for our sakes?" Ayumi asked. "That's quite the feat, though I suppose that I'll believe it when I see it," she said. "Suppose they do want to be found if that's the case."

Ayumi finished her coffee as she leaned back into her chair. She waved when Kimiko excused herself. "Oh, it's no problem, I was just about finished with breakfast anyway. It was lovely to meet and chat with you," she chuckled.

Ayumi left not long after Kimiko, she decided that she was going to spend the day wandering around a bit as she thought about a few things that caught her attention this morning. Still, it seemed that this little trip was off to a great start.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Kimiko turned to Wes, his head buried in his plate but not making much headway on his breakfast. “So, Wes, what about you? Any day plans?”
Wes took another bite and waited a moment to answer. “Thinking we’d probably head to the forest sometime today. Just to see what’s out there and get some time…and space…to think.”

Speaking of which, they’d want to head out before too long. He hated the idea of trekking out to a tropical forest in the middle of an afternoon heat wave. He set down his fork and stood up. “We’re actually about to head out now, so…” he trailed off, at a complete loss for what to say. See you later? Nice to see you again? Neither of those felt particularly honest, so he settled with, “…Yeah. Good luck with your…stuff.”

Oh, gods. Yeah, they definitely needed to leave after whatever the hell that was.
And then he reached for her offering, and she had to resist the urge to chew faster just so they could nose bump again. When they finally did, she trilled in delight. She wondered what he would do if she…

She reached up and pawed at his ear, tail swishing excitedly.
Neo trilled back, tail swishing in delight. Was she asking to play? He would love to play! He swatted back at her with a happy chirp that was a bit higher-pitched than normal. He was positively giddy at this new level of interaction—unusually so. It must have been because he hadn’t been able to play very much, lately. Yeah, that was it.
Dusana flinched when the umbreon started growling and was just about to hop back into Ayumi's shadow but stopped when she noticed him nudge the plate a bit closer. She tilted her head at the food before looking back at the umbreon with a thankful chirp of her own. It sounded like a strange combination of a persian's purr and a pidgeot's warble.
Novo returned Dusana’s friendly chirp, but only after carefully swallowing his bite of food. This ghost didn’t seem bad at all. He wondered if she would ever show her full form.
"Oh pardon me. I don't want to bother you while you have your mouth full. But I do hope you're enjoying the food!"
He had just taken another bite when Enora addressed him again. Excitedly, he replied with a happy bark mid-chew—and then choked.

He stiffened, then made a feeble attempt to turn away—which didn’t change much under the crowded table—and hacked violently until he could breathe again. He saw Enora staring at him, and suddenly he was envious of Dusana’s ability to be invisible.

“Come on, guys, let’s go.” Wes was standing now and calling to them from above the table. Then, “Holy hell, where did you get all of that food?”

Grateful for the perfectly timed excuse, Novo jumped up. He bowed his head to Dusana and Olivia, and gave Enora a heartfelt, if somewhat awkward and hurried, purr of thanks. Then he hastily padded out from under the table before shaking himself, as if trying to dislodge all his nervous energy from his pelt.

Neo, meanwhile, was either too distracted to hear Wes or was ignoring him altogether. He busy with…what was he doing? Novo stared as his brother and Olivia swatted daintily at each other, each one giggling like an overexcited kit. Novo wasn’t sure why, but the sight irritated him a little. What was wrong with them?

“Neo, come on. We can’t stay here forever.” When Neo ignored him, Wes sighed and grumbled under is breath before stopping under the table. “Look, we’ll make sure you and—Olivia, was it?—can get some play time again later. Got it? But we gotta go now.”

Neo sighed, ears drooping slightly, then chirped a goodbye to Olivia before plodding over to his trainer. Wes rubbed his ear, then stood up and headed for the exit, Novo right at his heels. Neo followed along, though more slowly and not without a dramatic sigh or two.

Novo chuffed at him. Drama queen.

And with that, they left the cafe and headed for the forest.

<<<<<>>>>>>

Last edited:
Day 3 - Coleane, Gladion, and Hazel - Looming Aether

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Coleane munched on a bowl of fruit, her thoughts wandering. The past 12 hours had been exhausting. A scream, a disappearance, and stuff to worry about back home.

What did Aether even want with her, anyways? Why were they chasing her? What did she have that they wanted?

She hoped Writeer would find some answers. She believed in her friend.

The Tropius took a sip of her fruit punch. At least she still had fruit. That was always nice.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Seeing two new people arrive in the cafe, Coleane raised a wing, and said, "Hiya! Been a stressful day for you, too?"

Though what was that Pokemon with the human? She'd never seen anything like them before!

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Gladion’s eyes widened. It was Hazel who replied first. [Hello. I am Hazel. Today is being full of surprises.]

He stopped staring in order to translate for her. Minus the grammatical error. She turned to at him, curious, when he corrected it. He supposed she’d never really had to choose tenses for herself before. It was almost alike to Selene’s Alolan.

“And my name is Gladion,” he added, “It’s, uhh, nice to meet you?”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Nice to meet you too!" Coleane said, fanning her wings out. "My name's Coleane!"

She munched on a banana, before saying, "Yeppers, today's been stressful. First I learn that Aether's still going after me back home, now someone's gone missing! I really really hope she and Drampa are found soon, though."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Gladion wondered if a Tropius eating a banana counted as cannibalism. Though, based on Coleane he could only suppose it didn’t.

“Huh? Aether as in the foundation?”

Hazel growled. [That is fuck.] She signed each word out phonetically so that Gladion would understand.

Gladion laughed. “I’m not translating that.”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Yeppers. They've been chasing me ever since I arrived in the human world! I don't even know why they're chasing me. Is it because I can talk? Why'd they want me for being able to talk?" Coleane wondered aloud, tapping one of her hindlegs against the ground.

She looked at Hazel, and asked, "What species are you? I've never seen any Pokemon like you, not even in my original world!"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
“Yeah, that’d be why. Really… unusual.Lusamine also has a vested interest in things pertaining to “other worlds” but that’s none of my business.

[I am Hazel. I am a bird actually. You are also a bird, yes? You are pretty.]

Gladion, feeling awkward about it, translated that one word for word. He wasn’t sure what else to do with it.

“Her species is artificial,” he added. “Not occurring in nature.”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Huh...I wish they'd just leave me alone. What do they want to do with me?" Coleane asked, before her wings flapped at Hazel's words, and her bananas jiggled. "Aw, thank you! You're pretty, too!"

"Wait, so...she was made by someone?" Coleane asked, eyes widening. "Was she made by humans? That's...that's so cool!"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Oh..." Coleane's wings drooped. Humans...had hurt her? After making her? That didn't seem right. Humans were so cool and heroic! Surely one wouldn't hurt a Pokemon they made!

But...there was Wes, too...but even he didn't want to hurt Pokemon.

Were there...bad humans? Like there were bad Pokemon? That...

No, that couldn't have been right. They must have had good intentions, just...not have done the right thing.

"Are...you ok?" the Tropius asked, looking at Hazel.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
[I am living. That is already more than my other siblings are doing. They are in cr]- Hazel decided that “cryogenic stasis” would take too long to spell. [are frozen.]

Gladion’s tone was bitter as he translated that.

[I am needing this helmet to stay living, though. It is not comfortable. And it is covering that I am a bird.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom