• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Hunger Switch Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 1 - Breakfast Time!
  • Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. swampert
    3. ho-oh
    4. crobat
    5. orbeetle
    6. joltik
    7. salandit
    8. tyrantrum
    Come morning, all seemed surprisingly peaceful. Trainers who had requested it would receive a courtesy wake-up call for breakfast at the cafe. A few trainers were already present, quietly enjoying their meals.

The young girl and her Drampa from the previous evening could be seen at the far side of the cafe, although she seemed subdued from yesterday, and worry creased Drampa's face. Xavian seemed to be having an animated discussion with a girl and her Fearow, and the Swampert trainer was finishing off his meal, while his Swampert eyed the Alakazam with an unreadable expression.

Ever watchful, Amara carried on a murmured conversation with Honzo. A keen eyed Officer Jenny and her Manectric partner can be seen seated near the entrance.

So it begins! As of today, consider investigation powers and the suspicion mechanic active. At any time, you may ping me to interact with an NPC or use an investigation power, and I will reply as soon as I'm able. For a full explanation, please see the rules and mechanics page. You may now also find a full list of interactable NPC’s on that page. At this point, I recommend you as a player should keep an eye out for anything that seems suspicious, unusual, curious, interesting or so forth.
    A reminder that Intimidate will raise suspicion more than the other actions. You have one ‘free’ investigation action per day, per player (not per character). Subsequent ones on the same day will increase suspicion ‘exponentially’. I’ll inform folks if their suspicion is rising too high.

Consider this post an optional group scene if you want your characters to interact, or talk to an NPC, or chill in the cafe. You may also ping me if you want a NPC scene elsewhere

Otherwise, the Island is open and folks are free to explore and have one-on-one scenes! Have fun!

Day 1 End Countdown

Last edited:
    Day 3 - Coleane, Gladion, and Hazel - Looming Aether
  • IFBench

Rescue Team Member
    Partners
    1. chikorita-saltriv
    2. bench-gen
    3. charmander
    4. snivy
    5. treecko
    6. tropius
    7. arctozolt
    8. wartortle
    Coleane munched on a bowl of fruit, her thoughts wandering. The past 12 hours had been exhausting. A scream, a disappearance, and stuff to worry about back home.

What did Aether even want with her, anyways? Why were they chasing her? What did she have that they wanted?

She hoped Writeer would find some answers. She believed in her friend.

The Tropius took a sip of her fruit punch. At least she still had fruit. That was always nice.

Day 3: Too many people go Manaphy hunting [Gladion + others]
  • Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    Partners
    1. sylveon
    2. absol-mega
    3. silvally-psychic
    4. ninetales-phantump
    5. cosmog
    6. gallade-phantump
    7. ceruledge-phantump
    Conversation With: Two Contacts

Either of you free? If we want to find a mythical species, I think I caught a glimpse of a Manaphy in the cove. Meet me at the cafe if interested. Only got two contacts other than you two here so please feel free to let other people you consider trustworthy know.

Conversation With: Hazel (Not that one)

Hey, any luck with the caverns? Going looking for mythical species in a bit, think I might’ve spotted a Manaphy? If you’re interested I’ll be at the cafe. I’ve only got, like, three other contacts here so if you’ve got others who’re worth trusting, feel free to let them know.

Conversation With: Wallace

Hey you’re interested in Manaphy, right? I think there was a sighting in the cove we last chatted in. Meet me in the cafe if you’re free, bring anyone else you think is trustworthy if you want.

Admittedly, Gladion wasn’t 100% sure what the point of finding a mythical species here, but it had been a common goal and he felt obligated to follow up on his sighting.

If this Manaphy was more like Wallace’s than like the sort he was familiar with, it wasn’t too hard to imagine the possible benefits. Or, it was still kinda hard to imagine but he’d take Wallace’s word for it…

Day 4 - Steven waits for a very important meeting...
  • Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
    Partners
    1. aggron
    2. lairon
    The cafe was practically empty at this time of the morning. Steven sat at a table by himself, Aggron hunched warily beside him. His fingers drummed against the tabletop, Hayes’s letter burning a hole in his jacket pocket. He knew he was early; he woke with too much nervous energy to simply remain in his room. He even skipped his usual morning coffee, gods knew he would be even more jittery with the caffeine.

He glanced again at his watch, and then at the cafe’s entrance. Still early, way too early. But Hayes had said it was urgent. There was no way he was going to chance missing him again today.

Aggron rumbled quietly at Steven’s side, a sign for his trainer to stop fidgeting.

hehe whoops.png
    “Ah, sorry Aggron,” Steven said. He knew his anxiousness was rubbing off on his partner. His drumming stopped and he rested his hand against Aggron’s side instead. It was calming. Though perhaps not enough, as he began to thumb the rings of his other hand.

The minutes ticked by, and while another trainer or two filtered into the cafe, still no sign of Hayes.

eyes closed pensive.png
    “We’re early. It’s early,” Steven muttered to himself. “Just be patient.”

Perhaps it was his imagination, but it sounded like something was happening outside. It was distant, though, or maybe that was just his tunnel vision on this meeting with Hayes. His hand pressed hard into Aggron’s side, eliciting a snort and look from his partner.
    grumpy.png
    "..."

worried.png
    “Sorry,” Steven grated out, clearly distracted. His other hand jammed into his pocket where it tightened around the note, crumpling the paper. He couldn’t leave, even just to check. He had to wait here. It was too important.

D4: Laura and Gladion
  • Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    Partners
    1. sylveon
    2. absol-mega
    3. silvally-psychic
    4. ninetales-phantump
    5. cosmog
    6. gallade-phantump
    7. ceruledge-phantump
    Gladion needed a break. Luckily he’d been early to be questioned and got to excuse himself after that, but it meant most everyone else he knew was still busy. Laura seemed to have slept in or something sane, though, because he hadn’t seen her since things went from bad to worse.

Conversation With: Laura

Hey Laura, haven’t seen you since two days ago. Which is good for you since the last few days have been a trash fire. Still, would be nice to sync up and share some info. You eaten breakfast yet?

Someone got nicked again if you hadn’t heard and the cops are still holding up Odette and most of the other people who were there before they arrived.
    [ @unrepentantAuthor ]

Day 5: Is it so bad to want a quiet vacation? [Jade & Odette]
  • Chibi Pika

Stay positive
    Staff
    Pronouns
    they/them
    Partners
    1. pikachu-chibi
    2. lugia
    3. palkia
    4. lucario-shiny
    5. incineroar-starr
    Jade let out a sigh as she sank into one of the squishy booths around the outer wall of the cafe. "Well, at least there weren't any disappearances today."

"*That just means we're still waiting for the enemy to make a move,*" Nine pointed out, leaping down from Jade's shoulder and landing on the table.
    "*It's just like back home.*"

"It's not just like back home," Jade replied defensively. Of course he'd find a way to see it in a negative light.

Jade grabbed her spoon took a large mouthful of omelette rice so that she wouldn't have to come up with a more substantial answer. She really was hoping to have found some kind of clue by now. Any way to be useful...

Nine opted not to press the topic any further and quietly helped himself to some of the berries on the table.

Day 6 - Science And Heroism Can Make A Good Combo, Right?
  • Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    Partners
    1. rowlet
    Seb went to the cafe after getting Zack healed back to tip-top shape. He felt he needed to be somewhere with a calmer atmosphere to relax, especially with the mystery still being open. "You know, guys," he told his birds as they took their seats, "as happy as I am that we have Zack in his final form, I still feel like we don't exactly have a guaranteed victory. We don't know who or what we're dealing with--it might even be a Legend. We're gonna have to be with everyone once they reveal themselves and attack." He placed an elbow on the table and rested his head onto his hand. He sighed. "Steven... I hope you can help us."

[D7] Starting the Day Off Right
  • Negrek

Play the Rain
    Staff
    Nate slouched into the cafe well after ten, hoping that most people would have grabbed their grub and set out to do whatever already. The nurses had all wanted him to stay a bit longer, for "observation" or whatever the fuck, or at least leave Mightyena, but it wasn't like nobody could do shit to help them anyhow, and like hell was he going to let Mightyena out of his sight now. They could pout about it all they wanted, but they couldn't stop him.

The cafe was real quiet. Probably not a surprise, considering how many people were even left around here. Silver linings or some shit. The coffee was even shittier than usual after sitting around for a few hours, but Nate made himself drink as much of it as he could standing right in front of the maker, scalding hot, then grimly filled the cup the rest of the way again. He could still barely keep his fucking eyes open, right now when people were apparently getting nabbed in broad daylight and the only way off the island was out of commission.

Nate took two plates back to an empty table and sat for a moment rubbing his eyes. Next move... next move was finding that rich fuck and shaking him until he called in a teleporter from the mainland to bail him and Mightyena the fuck out of here. Or, alternatively, the asshole would have some other excuse, like the phone lines were down or whatever the fuck, at which point Nate could punt him into the ocean and start looking at Plan B.

Nate put his plate of sausages on the floor, then clicked the button on Mightyena's pokéball to release her. She appeared sitting quietly next to him, but after bending down to sniff at the sausages, simply flopped down on the floor with a sigh.

"Hey, come on, you're got to eat something," Nate said softly, reaching down to scratch behind her ears. After a moment Mightyena turned and picked up one of the sausages, chewing it down without enthusiasm.

Nate started in on his own food, reaching down now and again to pet Mightyena while she slowly worked her way through her breakfast. Mostly, though, he ate and scowled furiously at the door, deep in thought. A lot to fucking take in, wasn't it? The nurses had let him know what had been going on. Gym Leader fucking Wallace getting bagged. The hoopa supposedly getting poisoned. Legendary pokémon out the ass. Like things weren't batshit enough already. Nate didn't want to even try and make sense of all of it. All he wanted, right now, was some way off this goddamned rock. Fast.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom