• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Hoopa's Multiverse Madness [Roleplay Thread] - [Oct 25-30]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Aaaah, u-um...o-ok..." Gen said, trembling. He didn't want everyone's attention on what little he could do...but at least he wouldn't be alone.

He really doubted a Tackle or Tail Whip would be worth showing, and he didn't think he could be calm enough for a Water Sport...so that just left Assurance.

He focused on all the frustration he'd felt here, at being called wimpy and being covered in mud, at the ear-splitting Boombursts at being told that being a Pokemon is good actually and that he shouldn't care about it, at being told to "just stop worrying".

A dark glow enveloped his right paw, and he struck at a tree with it.

It shook a couple leaves from the tree, but nothing else happened.

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Violet clicked her tongue as she watched Gen's rather meek attempt at a move. Much as she wanted to make a snide remark about it, she recalled that he was one of the two that had broke down earlier when everyone began to lay bare their truths. "Well... you certainly need practice," Violet stated, glancing off to the side as she tried to be as polite as she could, "A bit more... flair... is necessary."

Violet's eyes wandered around, trying to find a way to help Gen out with his performance without having to put in too much effort; she was still exhausted after her own act, after all. She then looked at Gen's hood, then down at her own cape, and smirked. That will do nicely. "Mayhap all you need is a wardrobe change to enrich your showing?" Her claw tugged at the clip of her cape as it fell loosely onto the grass. She gently picked it up and held out to Gen, still sitting as she beckoned him over.

"Now you will look the part! ...Obviously you will need to return it, but I do believe you can do a little bit more with something like this on, no?" She smirked as she continued, "Pretend you are the hero of your own tale."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Then you would be familiar with the pain. The grief."

The heartache...

The agony...

The Riolu remained quiet, and still. Listening to Antares' voice, the flow of the waterfall nearby, and her own breathing. She agreed; she wouldn't wish this on anyone else.

After a while of silence, Goku nodded, looking up at Antares once more with a soft, friendly gaze. "Like I said, we'll be fine, it'll get easier." With that, though, Goku grew silent again, perhaps deep in thought.

It shook a couple leaves from the tree, but nothing else happened.

Vegeta had to actively hold her mouth shut from laughing out loud. The last thing she wanted was for everyone to start crying their eyes out for being sub-par. There's only so much crying one can willingly take before doing something about it. That most others probably wouldn't agree with.

"Y-Yeah, I'd listen to what Violet said. You could d-definitely..." Vegeta cleared her throat, exhaling through her nose. "...definitely use some p-practice. Although I dunno how much practice you'd need to fix that." She couldn't help herself from making that last remark, but it was basically just an observation! Surely no one would whine about that!

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"...o-ok. Thanks," he said, as he walked over and struggled to get the cape on. Soon enough, though he managed to, and walked back over to the tree.

He focused on his frustration at everything that'd happened here. At-

Although I dunno how much practice you'd need to fix that.

His right paw glows darkly, and he impacts the tree.

One more leaf falls from the tree than before. Just one, though.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
After a while of silence, Goku nodded, looking up at Antares once more with a soft, friendly gaze. "Like I said, we'll be fine, it'll get easier."

"...I suppose so."

And there was nothing else to say after that.

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Coming up just behind Gen was Kaz who noticed the oshawott's weak attempts to attack the tree. Kaz didn't know much about using moves—she just slammed into things very hard—but she wanted to at least try to give the oshawott a helping hand.

"I think..." Kaz began. "You need to put your back into it a bit more. Get a bit more force behind that swing, you know?" She reared before slamming the tree with her forelegs, causing the entire tree to shake many of its leaves off. "Like that, see?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
One more leaf falls from the tree than before. Just one, though.

Vegeta snorted, covering her mouth quickly before the laughter rolled out. She tried to say anything even remotely encouraging but she couldn't say anything without having to risk laughing. Even, then, she still wheezed and exhaled keeping it all in.

"I think..." Kaz began. "You need to put your back into it a bit more. Get a bit more force behind that swing, you know?"

She did manage compose herself enough to add onto this, but... "I th-think he's putting in all the force he's g-got, it's just that he b-barely has the force to lift a piece of paper!"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"I think..." Kaz began. "You need to put your back into it a bit more. Get a bit more force behind that swing, you know?" She reared before slamming the tree with her forelegs, causing the entire tree to shake many of its leaves off. "Like that, see?"

"O-ok...th-thanks," he said, giving a small smile to the chimera. He focused on his frustration, reared back, swung his paw at the tree with as much force as he could muster-

"I th-think he's putting in all the force he's g-got, it's just that he b-barely has the force to lift a piece of paper!"
He smacked the tree again. Three more leaves fell. He trembled as he stepped back.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
He smacked the tree again. Three more leaves fell. He trembled as he stepped back.

Vegeta fell on her back laughing her ass off; kicking her feet in the air, wheezing like a deflating balloon, literally crying, the whole nine yards. "H-Ho-hohohahah-oh my fucking god dude! P-Please! Y-You're killin' me! Sweet lord!" She couldn't even contain herself long enough to get up or wipe the tears from her eyes. "I-I can't! I can't! This is fucking rich!"

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
"A bit better... you certainly looked more classy doing it, at least." Violet commented, rubbing the back of her head. "Kaz is right though, we can't all be as amazing as I am right off the bat," Violet snickered in self-satisfaction. "But, honestly, just keep practicing and you'll get it. That cape is proof that you're destined for greatness. It worked for me, so now that you wear it, it certainly will for you as well," she said, winking as her smile softened.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"You're improving!" Kaz chirped encouragingly, smile obscured by her headdress. "Just because you're not as tough as some of us now, doesn't mean you won't get there eventually if you keep at it!"
"A bit better... you certainly looked more classy doing it, at least." Violet commented, rubbing the back of her head. "Kaz is right though, we can't all be as amazing as I am right off the bat," Violet snickered in self-satisfaction. "But, honestly, just keep practicing and you'll get it. That cape is proof that you're destined for greatness. It worked for me, so now that you wear it, it certainly will for you as well." She said, winking as smile softened.
"Th-thanks," Gen said, beginning to smile genuinely. He felt genuinely hopeful. Maybe...he could actually do this. Maybe he could actually help his team. Maybe he could get through this and go hom-
Vegeta fell on her back laughing her ass off; kicking her feet in the air, wheezing like a deflating balloon, literally crying, the whole nine yards. "H-Ho-hohohahah-oh my fucking god dude! P-Please! Y-You're killin' me! Sweet lord!" She couldn't even contain herself long enough to get up or wipe the tears from her eyes. "I-I can't! I can't! This is fucking rich!"
Immediately, his smile disappeared, and he trembled as he gripped tightly onto his reunion cape. What was he thinking? This was barely anything at all. No way he'd be able to do anything helpful anytime soon, if ever.

He looked down at the ground, quivering.

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Lighthearted jabbing can be fun. Banter can be fun. Even a bit of teasing and prodding can be fun.
But there's a point where the joke is over, and pushing further only makes one a fool.

Violet's legs creaked and cracked as she stood up from the ground and stretched - breathing not quite regular yet but certainly better than earlier. She walked up to Gen - feeling a bit bare now that she no longer had her cape, and whispered in his ear, "You know, it is your turn for Truth or Dare. Why not dare Kaz to put the fish in 'time out', as it were?" Violet slyly smiled while looking at Gen.

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
"Well if you think you're so great, let's see you do better!" Kaz barked at Vegemite, ready to trip the overgrown fish the moment she ran towards the tree.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Lighthearted jabbing can be fun. Banter can be fun. Even a bit of teasing and prodding can be fun.

But there's a point where the joke is over, and pushing further only makes one a fool.

Violet's legs creaked and cracked as she stood up from the ground and stretched - breathing not quite regular yet but certainly better than earlier. She walked up to Gen - feeling a bit bare now that she no longer had her cape, and whispered in his ear, "You know, it is your turn for Truth or Dare. Why not dare Kaz to put the fish in 'time out', as it were?" Violet slyly smiled while looking at Gen.
Gen's ears stuck up as he heard Violet's words. He did feel kind of angry at that Swampert after that...

He turned towards the chimera, and asked, "T-truth or dare?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark

Vegeta's laughter finally died down, and she took a few extra breaths to make sure she got it out of her system... which allowed her to notice that Gen was on the goddamn floor, crying! Again! "Wait, what? What happened? I thought he was getting better, the hell is he on the floor for?" she asked, entirely genuine. "He hit the tree, did diddly squat, I laughed at him, he hit it harder. Rinse and repeat. Did he bust up his hand or some shit?"

For a moment, she sounded like she was actually concerned.

"Well if you think you're so great, let's see you do better!" Kaz barked at Vegemite, ready to trip the overgrown fish the moment she ran towards the tree.

But that concern went out the window when she was challenged. "Oh hell yeah!" Vegeta exclaimed, and ran off towards another, bigger tree. "I've been itching to see how strong I got anyway, but you guys already roughed up that tree so I gotta get a fresh one!"

The fish cracked her knuckles, grinning at being able to do that, pulled back her fist, and slugged the tree with all her might. Her fist went right through it with a powerful Krak! and knocked down a couple loose branches at the same time. "Haha! See? I am the greatest!" she laughed, trying to pull her fist out.

I said, trying to pull her fist out...

...I said--

"I'm stuck," Vegeta muttered.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"I-I dare you t-to, um..." Gen thought for a moment, then said, "Turn Vegemite upside d-down while she's s-stuck."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom