• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Hoopa's Multiverse Madness [Roleplay Thread] - [Oct 25-30]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen's ears stuck up at Hana's words, and his eyes widened. He hesitated, then waddled towards the other human.

"Y-you went to J-Johto? Um...d-did you go t-to Goldenrod C-City?" he asked, looking up at her. A tiny spark of hope was in the Oshawott's eyes.

SilverPhoenix

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
Waait... they're starting to talk about human cities? This could finally be her chance to see what's it like outside Undella... or snowfelt for that matter.
With a deep breath, Lilly asked,

"J-Jotho? W-what's i-it l-like there? I've n-never l-left u-undella."
Gen's eyes widened at Hana's words. He hesitated, then waddled towards the other human.

"Y-you went to J-Johto? Um...d-did you go t-to Goldenrod C-City?" he asked, looking up at her. A tiny spark of hope was in the Oshawott's eyes.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Humans?" Nikki rubbed an ear frill with her finger. "Y'mean aliens? Cuz that's what they are. Gross, hairless, scaleless aliens."
Clovis scoffed. "That's harsh. I like to think I'm pretty good looking for human standards."

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Waait... they're starting to talk about human cities?

All of this talk only served to remind Antares of what he had once seen, and could never see again.

He dug himself a hole in the ground. It was the only way to avoid everyone else.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"Humans?" Nikki rubbed an ear frill with her finger. "Y'mean aliens? Cuz that's what they are. Gross, hairless, scaleless aliens."
Lillie crossed her arms and shot the Toxicitry a glare. She clearly had a head full of hair. Plus, didn't Toxicitry drink nasty, stagnant water? Hypocrite.

"What I've seen in the past? Low rise pants, way too much full body jeans outfits and a grown man explaining to me that a pokemon egg was the breakthrough discovery of the century." She met Violet's confused look, and this time her smile was genuine.
"See, the events you described to me happened 3.000 years in my past. Where you were thrown far into the distant future, I was only pulled about 26 years back. And I'm also not in Galar, currently. I mean, if that little dimension gremlin-" She motioned to Hoopa flying circles above- "would do me a favor, they'd bring me back home, but so far I'm stuck in Johto. So I sadly won't be any help in finding your brother."
"In what world is an egg a breakthrough discovery? I know people who've been working with them for longet than 26 years. A lot of them, actually."

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Clovis scoffed. "That's harsh. I like to think I'm pretty good looking for human standards."
"Wouldn't know. I don't date aliens or rate aliens." She paused and scratched her chin. "'Cept the ones on the big screen, I s'pose. But usually they just lumber around, growling, and dissolve the main characters with their acid spit and stuff."

SilverPhoenix

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
And just like that, the shaking's back.
"Wouldn't know. I don't date aliens or rate aliens." She paused and scratched her chin. "'Cept the ones on the big screen, I s'pose. But usually they just lumber around, growling, and dissolve the main characters with their acid spit and stuff."
"W-W-Wait... P-People g-got DISSOLVED?!"
Lilly said, completely oblivious to the concept of t.v.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Clovis narrowed his eyes. "Sounds like you're talking about Alien vs. Predator, and I do not look like an Alien or a Predator."

Odette moved to scratch Neo on his chin. "Mmmm, you kinda look like a Predator."

Clovis turned his unamused glare at her. "Hysterical, Miss Cinq-Mars. A master comedian you are."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
And just like that, the shaking's back.

"W-W-Wait... P-People g-got DISSOLVED?!"
Lilly said, completely oblivious to the concept of t.v.
Odette pursed her lips again. "No, sweet summer child...it's fiction."

bluesidra

Mood
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. hoppip-bluesidra-reup
  2. hoppip-bluesidra-pink
  3. hoppip-bluesidra3
"Y-you went to J-Johto? Um...d-did you go t-to Goldenrod C-City?"
Surprised, Hana looked around. Oh! The tiny voice came from the equally tiny Oshawott. Seeing his distress, she put on a reassuring smile.
"Yeah, just been there last week. The mall has only recently finished construction and everything is brand new. It's a lovely city."
She considered telling him about her doctor's appointments, when Lillie next to her uttered a line that almost made her snort.
"In what world is an egg a breakthrough discovery? I know people who've been working with them for longet than 26 years. A lot of them, actually."
"Yeah, you tell me," Hana said, suppressing a straight up laugh.
That issue cracked her up every time. As much as he pretended to have acclimated to 1994, the breeding discussion was one thing that could get Leon in all kinds of moods. And she loved it. Thinking of him, she should probably check- no. He was doing fine and didn't need her to check. Instead, she recalled her standard answer for when she did not want to poke fun at him.
"I mean, I'm sure people knew about them. But seems that for the first time, someone actually did some academic study on them. He is... kind of a weird guy. About to become Professor and has probably studied a bit too much."

SilverPhoenix

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
Odette pursed her lips again. "No, sweet summer child...it's fiction."
"O-oh..." Lilly pauses for a bit, "B-but why c-can y-you s-see it i-if it's just f-fiction?"

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
"Purposefully, yes." Ah, finally, there it was: anger. Anger was always more comforting than dread. It had that lure of agency with it. And Hana embraced it, knowing full well where that might lead. Well, at least the apparent outlet wasn't there.
"Someone released it, in the hopes of revitalising Galar's energy sources. And before you ask: Energy as in electricity, the sparkly stuff you put in batteries, and yes, it is as stupid as it sounds."
"Utter madness!" Violet gasped. How could one unleash an apocalypse for something so... absurd?! The anger on Hana's face mirrored her own, but there something far more intense - more personal to Hana's that she could see. Mayhap it was because she was closer to the truth than I.
"What I've seen in the past? Low rise pants, way too much full body jeans outfits and a grown man explaining to me that a pokemon egg was the breakthrough discovery of the century." She met Violet's confused look, and this time her smile was genuine. "See, the events you described to me happened 3.000 years in my past. Where you were thrown far into the distant future, I was only pulled about 26 years back. And I'm also not in Galar, currently. I mean, if that little dimension gremlin-" She motioned to Hoopa flying circles above- "would do me a favor, they'd bring me back home, but so far I'm stuck in Johto. So I sadly won't be any help in finding your brother."
Violet looked more confused than a sheared Wooloo trying to get up on its back after a flailing attempt to roll around. First of all, what in the world were 'jeans', and second, why was basic Pokémon anatomy a new discovery? The future was weird.
"Ah..." Violet's gaze once again went back down to the grass, "I see. Well, I thank thee for your truth, it was... most enlightening." She bowed respectfully, and upon raising her face, possessed a rare sighting: a genuine smile in solidarity.
"O-oh..." Lilly pauses for a bit, "B-but why c-can y-you s-see it i-if it's just f-fiction?"
Violet had been so caught up in her conversation that she had missed out what was going on around her, but her good ear twitched as she heard Lilly's words. Some kind of new future tech? She leaned to her side slightly to try to listen in.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Yeah, just been there last week. The mall has only recently finished construction and everything is brand new. It's a lovely city."
"Um...i-if you meet, uh..." Gen began, before trailing off. No, that probably wouldn't work.

"Uh...n-nevermind," he said, clutching onto his reunion cape.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Because..." she trailed off. She never thought she'd have to explain how fiction worked. Or how Television worked. She didn't prepare a powerpoint for something like this.

"Well, because some things on TV portray what some might call 'fantasy'--they observe the fantasy to escape from the reality," Clovis interjected. "And there's different types of fantasy...some of it really nice and whimsical, but there's also some, uh..." he wondered how he should word this, "interesting specimens that like watching scarier, harder-to-witness fantasies. Mostly because they like scaring themselves...or they have a weird fascination with it."

Odette watched him as she listened to him speak. "You and that 130 IQ brain," she muttered.

"145, but who's counting," he said, sending her a cheeky grin.

SilverPhoenix

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
"O-Oh, um.. m-mom never l-let m-me do a-any o-of that." Lilly looked towards the ground. "W-wasn't a-able t-to do a-anything w-without her c-controlling e-every aspect o-of it."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Lillie rolled her eyes at the smarmy human's explanation. "The same way a book can be fictional, but it uses a visual medium instead. Like... recording and replaying a theatre production at will."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Lillie rolled her eyes at the smarmy human's explanation. "The same way a book can be fictional, but it uses a visual medium instead. Like... recording and replaying a theatre production at will."
The eyeroll wasn't lost on Odette. She licked her teeth, trying her best to bite down the surge of aggravation that rocked her spine. "Clearly the Pokemon has no idea what 'recordings' or 'replaying' or 'theater productions' are, so lose the attitude, ma'am."

Clovis placed a hand on her shoulder. "Easy, no harm done," he said quietly.

She shrugged him off. "Just saying. If you want to roll your eyes, roll them at somebody who actually said something jackass-ish, okay?"

SilverPhoenix

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/him
"Clearly the Pokemon has no idea what 'recordings' or 'replaying' or 'theater productions' are, so lose the attitude, ma'am?"
"I'm n-not a pokemon..."
Yep, lilly's another one of THEM.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"O-Oh, um.. m-mom never l-let m-me do a-any o-of that." Lilly looked towards the ground. "W-wasn't a-able t-to do a-anything w-without her c-controlling e-every aspect o-of it."
Lillie shut her eyes and sighed. "I see. That's... a shame. I..."

Lillie folded her hands.

The eyeroll wasn't lost on Odette. She licked her teeth, trying her best to bite down the surge of aggravation that rocked her spine. "Clearly the Pokemon has no idea what 'recordings' or 'replaying' or 'theater productions' are, so lose the attitude, ma'am."

Clovis placed a hand on her shoulder. "Easy, no harm done," he said quietly.

She shrugged him off. "Just saying. If you want to roll your eyes, roll them at somebody who actually said something jackass-ish, okay?"
"The concepts of records and theatre have existed for thousands of years. Someone who lives in Undella could well have heard of them."

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
"You can perfectly recreate a theatre production?!" Scratch her earlier assumption, the future was awesome. "So you mean to tell me that all someone has to do is 'record' my performances, and then anyone can see it any time?!" Her eyes practically sparkled in excitement.
However, Violet frowned when she heard Lilly's soft voice. This was... a very familiar sentiment. She walked over to the Wottle, looking at her directly in the eyes as she said, "But... you are your own person, now." Her gaze softened as she tilted her head sympathetically, "No matter what she may have decided before... now you decide your destiny." Her trademark smirk once again slid upon her face as she continued, "If we ever have the chance to, mayhap we may both experience this 'replay' wonder ourselves. If you would like, of course."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom