• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Game Week of the Multiverse: Overlook Hill & Top Plaza

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"...Huh. He's scared of Psychic Bugs." Star decided to keep that thought in mind for later.

"Star." Barky glared.

"Yeeees?"

"Do not."

"Fiiiine." She still thought about it.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Hi, uh, Mr. Delphox! [...] I'll try my best to be considerate toward you!"

Jesse allowed himself a small, but authentic smile. "I'm right sure we'll get along great. An' just 'Jesse' is fine. I don't much like bein' Mister Stranger or Mister Delphox. If'n you'll excuse me, I gotta catch up with my clown of a fuckin' acquaintance right now, but when I'm done with Lee, perhaps I'll see you kids at our new place."

"Hi! I'm Spirit. We're going to stay together?"

He offered a claw. "I guess I'm staying with you guys?"

He couldn't help but stare a bit at Dusk. He'd never seen anything like her before. She looked... Really cool, actually.

Dusk gave Koa's claw a firm shake. No pokésign. Nobody here spoke any sign... Well, it was good practice for her Galarish.

"Hello, Spirit and Koa. This is a strange place and I understand nearly none of it. I heard that some here are humans, transformed? Are you?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Dusk gave Koa's claw a firm shake. No pokésign. Nobody here spoke any sign... Well, it was good practice for her Galarish.

"Hello, Spirit and Koa. This is a strange place and I understand nearly none of it. I heard that some here are humans, transformed? Are you?"

Huh... he knew that accent. He'd heard it just recently in fact. It was Galarian, but her vocabulary sounded a little strange. "Yeah, I used to be a human. Before this happened, I lived in Sinnoh. I was trainer there..." he trailed off, his thoughts once again going to his team. Rascal would probably have a lot of fun if she saw him like this... He'd find a way back, somehow.

"Are you from Galar?" he asked. "Your accent kinda sounds like it."

He cocked his head. "Also, you don't look like any Sneasel I've seen. Back home Sneasel always had dark fur. Are you like, a shiny or something?"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"No, I've been this for as long as I can remember. But also, it's only been a couple of days since I woke up in a machine and couldn't remember anything."

Did that sound... weird? Spirit wasn't sure, but she was pretty sure she'd get some funny looks for mentioning that.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Leviene looked at Kora weirdly. "They're just a bug-type. What are you so afraid of? They're not even...there anymore..."

Ayueg almost spoke up as Kora broke down, though decided against it as his Lucario friend spoke up. As Lance calmed the Zoroark down, he breathed a sigh of relief.

He neglected to mention that the house was in fact shaped like an Orbeetle, if only by being red and having seven black spots.

==============

Acacia looked at the hat on the ground, the Mimikyu. That hat didn't have any eyeholes in it...could she even see? They should probably get something better for her.

He walked up towards Lillie, and asked, "Can you see out of that?"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Acacia looked at the hat on the ground, the Mimikyu. That hat didn't have any eyeholes in it...could she even see? They should probably get something better for her.

He walked up towards Lillie, and asked, "Can you see out of that?"
"No..." Lillie sighed. "It's not really supposed to be for a Mimikyu. It's just what I was wearing..."

They would believe her now, wouldn't they? "As... When I was a human. I- I can say that now, right?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"You can," Lidequir said. "Ayueg already told us about it."

"Sorry if he didn't believe you all earlier. There's been a lot of Pokemon pretending to have been humans lately, and it's making things difficult for us," Acacia explained. "He's probably been the most frustrated out of all of us at this situation."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Sounds about right," Kora sighed. "The same thing happens in my world, but no one really cares if their lying or not. They tend to make an ass out of themselves sooner or later."

"What are we gonna do about Lillie's hat thing though?" he asked, humming. "Wait... a-are we gonna go... shopping?" His eyes lit up, already forgetting about the potential bug house he might be living in. "That'll be loads of fun! We should definitely do that!"

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
The Lucario remained quiet, listening to the entire conversation without saying any word. At least he managed to calm Kora down... for now, at least.

"Wait... a-are we gonna go... shopping?"
Lance's ears perked up. "Wait. Shopping?!"

He nodded, giving a wide smile. "Oh, that's great! I can buy a new scarf for me... well, if the money I have is even worth something here, of course."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"Sorry if he didn't believe you all earlier. There's been a lot of Pokemon pretending to have been humans lately, and it's making things difficult for us," Acacia explained. "He's probably been the most frustrated out of all of us at this situation."
"It's fine..."
"Wait... a-are we gonna go... shopping?" His eyes lit up, already forgetting about the potential bug house he might be living in. "That'll be loads of fun! We should definitely do that!"
And who is the WE in that scenario? It had better not be you...

"Right..."

Buying... clothes. Like a normal person... Well, except for that fact that she was a Mimikyu now.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Lucario said:
"Oh, that's great! I can buy a new scarf for me... well, if the money I have is even worth something here, of course."

"If it isn't, then I'll pay," the Wartortle said with a grin.

Acacia opened his mouth to say something in retort, but decided against it. Instead, the Meganium began walking into the fog, down one of the streets.

"The clothes shop is this way! Follow me!" he said.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Lance searched through his bag, trying to find his wallet.

"If it isn't, then I'll pay," the Wartortle said with a grin.
He stopped, sighing. "Oh, really? Thank you. It makes things easi—"

Kora snickered playfully, wrapping an arm around Lance. "Shopping! Shopping! Shopping!"
Lance blushed, but began to walk alongside Kora, shoving the embarassment away.

"Shopping! Shopping! Shopping!" Lance chanted along, following the Meganium.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
"Wait a minute -- shopping? There's a store in this pokemon town?!"

As soon as Morgan heard the words, they somehow guessed this would be Amanda's reaction. She took into the air, circling around the native pokemon.

"Ooh, I want to go shopping. I wanna see a pokemon store! Can we go now?"

"Only Lillie needs to go," Morgan muttered, though they knew Amanda wouldn't hear. They looked at Lillie, at the pokemon hidden under that soft white hat.

The hat, which Morgan had knocked into. Which led to Morgan killing themself, and Amanda, and that zoroark. Morgan realized they were staring and turn their head away.

(Did Lillie know Morgan was the one who knocked her over? Did Lillie remember killing them and Amanda?)

"I like shopping," Amanda cooed, suddenly hovering over Morgan. She did a little flip in the air. "Do you like to go shopping, Morgan?"

Shopping with the person Morgan blundered into death with seemed more awkward and horrible than shopping usually was, but Morgan couldn't speak coherently and Amanda didn't take their choking noises the right way.

"Don't worry, it'll be fun!!" She reassured Morgan. "Plus, Lillie really needs new clothes. Because she can't see. And because she fell over and killed three people by accident."

Morgan knocked into Lillie which led to three people getting killed. But Morgan realized if they didn't go shopping, Amanda would still go and then Morgan wouldn't have anyone familiar in this place. So, to Amanda's encouragement they nodded.

"Yaaayyy! Don't worry, I'm sure this day can only be good now!"

"If someone else is paying then I'm gonna have fuuuuuun~!" Kora snickered playfully, wrapping an arm around Lance. "Shopping! Shopping! Shopping!"

Amanda heard and chimed in.

"Shopping, shopping, shopping!!"

Morgan hesitantly flapped their wings to follow Amanda, but did so very, very carefully.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Yeah, I used to be a human. Before this happened, I lived in Sinnoh. I was a trainer there... Are you from Galar? [...] Also, you don't look like any Sneasel I've seen. Back home Sneasel always had dark fur. Are you like, a shiny or something?"

Yeah, this was definitely a human boy. So much talking without her getting a chance to reply.

"North-Galarish sneasel have white fur," she said, to answer both questions. "Good for hunting in the snow, yeah? But you also wonder about my . . . height. I became changed by humans to be part-human. A pokémorph. Both kinds, and neither."

[Pokémorph,] she signed, making the curling motions with her hands that comprised the sign.

"No, I've been this for as long as I can remember. But also, it's only been a couple of days since I woke up in a machine and couldn't remember anything."

"Then you're a newborn!" quipped Dusk, grinning. "You have this rare right to choose and become any kind of person you want! What is your self like so far, huh?"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"Then you're a newborn!" quipped Dusk, grinning. "You have this rare right to choose and become any kind of person you want! What is your self like so far, huh?"
"Wait, no," Spirit objected. "I was born sometime before that. I'm not two days old. I just... I don't know who I was. I'm sure I was someone... I'm just sure of that. I know words I couldn't possibly know if I really only existed for two days."

What she was like so far, though, was still something she could answer. "I like stories. I also like... things that feel good. Fluffiness. I like fluffiness... I'm also, uhh, curious? I wonder about a lot of things. Things about me somethings, sometimes things about other people. I guess it's part of the reason I like stories... They make up for the entire life of experience I've lost."

Top Bottom