• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Game Week of the Multiverse: Overlook Hill & Top Plaza

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"...a Mystery Dungeon..."

Kora's ears twitched, and his eyes widened briefly. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. Well, maybe he could, dungeons are a dime a dozen among worlds. But it would be a whole lot cooler if the dungeon was really diffi--

"...and a really difficult one too."

The amount of excitement that instantly built inside of Kora was so vast that he accidentally let a happy yip escape his maw, and quickly shut his mouth afterwards. He hugged Lance snuggly with one arm, his eyes sparkling with glee.

"D-Dungeon..!" he squeaked.

What even was sadness?

"...but there's a cafe over in the Tree Plaza."

Lee nodded to Ayueg. "Splendid," he said, already separating from the group. He didn't bother asking for directions, walking around aimlessly helped to ease the mind.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"It's on the other side of the world from here," the Sevine said, walking up to the group. "And it's also a mystery dungeon, and a really difficult one too. Also, hi! I'm Vernir!"
"What... what is a mystery dungeon?" he asked, perplexed. He shot a glance at Kora, who seemed awfully excited about these 'mystery dungeons'.
"So, I have good news and bad news," the Wartortle, Lidequir said, looking at the Combusken and Bayleef. "The good news is that we have places for everyone to stay. The bad news is...we're going to have to use the houses of some of the Pokemon that have gone missing."
"And missing pokemon?" A twist of sympathy tugged at his heart. Missing, like he was. "What happened to them?" he asked. Perhaps they could help somehow.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
He hugged Lance snuggly with one arm, his eyes sparkling with glee.

"D-Dungeon..!" he squeaked.
"D-Dungeon!" Lance whispered, returning the hug while moving a bit, so he wouldn't hurt Kora with his chest spike. Enough wounds had been inflicted during that day, anyway.

RisingDawn

Snommunism!
Pronouns
He/Him
"And it's also a mystery dungeon, and a really difficult one too. Also, hi! I'm Vernir!"
Hades sighed. It seemed that everywhere he went, there was at least one Mystery Dungeon. They were like weeds; they were found everywhere.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
He knew better than to take a kind gesture at times like these. He'd be pulled away, told what he did was wrong, or have his mind pried into. He wouldn't have been treated as an equal, but as someone who needed help. He didn't need it, nor did he want it.

"I'm fine, thanks," Lee said, declining the flask.
'Don't keep looking down on me.'

"But I would like a drink, if there's a bar here."
'I don't need your pity, fake or genuine.'

"I wouldn't decline your company, after what just happened."
'But I don't blame you for your disgust...'

Lee's grin faltered for a moment, that last thought wasn't intended, but it was too late to take it back.

Jesse pulled back his flask and took a long swig. Fuck him for giving a shit about this fucking lycanroc, then.

"This what y'think pity looks like, huh?" he murmured to himself.

He'd figure Lee out later. He didn't need to go digging in the fella's head. That could wait.

...wait for what?

Groaning at himself for being this way, Jesse found himself following Lee to the cafe, hoping that they at least served something hard.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Bad. Good. Favorable? Unsavory... Other adjectives. Lee couldn't remember what his plan was. Or if there even was one. Whatever, as long he got something to drink. Alcohol not necessary.

The rest of whatever was being said clicked into Kora's mind as Lee and Jesse left. "Wait, missing people? Did I miss something, I thought we weren't doing hero work?" He stared at Ayueg with empty, soulless eyes. "Right?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
What is with his eyes said:
"Wait, missing people? Did I miss something, I thought we weren't doing hero work? Right?"

"Again, no." Ayueg said. "We've been working on trying to find those who have gone missing. The search parties of the continent are also working on it."

==================

Fun and not-so-fun questions said:
"What... what is a mystery dungeon? And missing pokemon? What happened to them?"

"Mystery dungeons are places where reality is really weird and complicated!" Leviene explained, before a frown appeared on their face. "And the missing Pokemon...we don't really know. All we know is that they tend to turn up in really strange places after a while, usually the ends of mystery dungeons, and..."

"Let's wait until we get everyone situated before we tell them about that," Vernir suggested. "We don't want to overwhelm them."

"Right. Okay," Leviene said.

==================

With a few vines, Acacia grabbed a piece of paper that was on his back and held it in front of his face, completely obscuring his view. Briefly, a list of species names could be seen listed on the paper.

"Lycanroc and Deino, you'll be staying in Morpeko's house. Arceus, Mew, Mew, and...the Pokemon with the fish tail, you're going to be staying in the Kecleon brothers' house. Please don't break anything or the entire clan will come after me. Froslass, Mimikyu, and Indeedee, you'll be staying in Misdreavus' house. Sneasel, ice Vulpix, and Cranidos, you'll be staying in Sneasel's house. Zoroark and Lucario, you'll be staying in Orbeetle's house. And Swoobat, Swablu, and Delphox, you'll be staying in Banette's house," Acacia said.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"I'm with a couple of kids? Fine, I guess. Just so long as I can have some peace."

Dusk raised a brow. What would this sneasel be like to deal with? Her chest tightened at the thought of a poor interaction with an intact sneasel, even one of a different culture in a foreign world.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Lycanroc and Deino, you'll be staying in Morpeko's house."

Kora snickered to himself playfully. "Aw, Lee's gonna love this!"

Zoroark and Lucario, you'll be staying in Orbeetle's house.

"...Fuck," Kora hicced. Orbeetle. Orbeetle. Fucking, O R B E E T L E . "Fuck, fuck fuck fuck fuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck..." He looked at Ayueg, almost on the verge of tears. "C-C-C-Can I go in a different house? Hell, I can build one if I really need? Or sleep outside? The dirt's lookin mighty soft and... not Bug. Please?"

"The O-Orbeetle isn't here, right? Did they clean out their e-e-exo--" he gagged slightly and shuddered, "--exoskeletons..? I think I'll just sleep outside. Or maybe in a dumpster if you have any? On the other side of town?"

"Please don't make me sleep in the bug house..."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
C-C-C-Can I go in a different house? Hell, I can build one if I really need? Or sleep outside? The dirt's lookin mighty soft and... not Bug. Please?"
Lance raised his ears, patting Kora's shoulder. He whined a bit before speaking, looking the Zoroark directly in his eyes.

"I'm here too, you know? We can do this... I'll help you!"

Froslass, Mimikyu, and Indeedee, you'll be staying in Misdreavus' house.
"Well, alrighty then!" Meggie gave a thumbs up.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"I'm here too, you know? We can do this... I'll help you!"

"YesButThisIsABugHouseILiterallyCannotFuckAroundWithThisHouseOrIWillDie," Kora muttered quickly, trying to hide himself behind Lance. "You don't get it, bugs are fucked, and Orbeetles are even more fucked. Fuck their psychic typing, that's just a rouse to bring dark types in to slaughter them..."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"You don't get it, bugs are fucked, and Orbeetles are even more fucked. Fuck their psychic typing, that's just a rouse to bring dark types in to slaughter them..."
Lance smirked, raising his hand to ruffle Kora's mane. "Oh? I've dealt with things way scarier... You can count on me. This won't be a problem, buddy."

"Besides... there's only gonna be us there, it's gonna be okay."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Lance smirked, raising his hand to ruffle Kora's mane. "Oh? I've dealt with things way scarier... You can count on me. This won't be a problem, buddy."

Kora leaned into the ruffles, pouting. "Scarier for you but you don't have to worry about buggy freaks trying to rip you shreds. Or an Orbeetle. Fuck Orbeetles. I know the one I fought isn't universal, but still fuck Orbeetles."

"But... Maybe it'll be alright. As long as the houses aren't built like the Pokemon. If I come up to house looking like a giant Orbeetle, I will literally die."

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Wew, good thing Amanda and Morgan were together. Amanda wanted at least one thing familiar, and Morgan seemed scared, too. They had been really quiet, like they were shocked mute after... dying.

(Upon remembering that, a part of Amanda's mind resumed screaming oh my gosh oh my gosh oh no what oh my GOSH, but she tried to push it down. She was alive now, wasn't she? And Morgan was really quiet.)

Oh wait, she and Morgan were with someone else. Who was that?

"I'm with a couple of kids? Fine, I guess. Just so long as I can have some peace."

Amanda turned to Jesse, who was a Delphox. Eeee, he was so talllll. It was weird being a swablu. When she was human, Amanda cuddled Blue right up in her arms. She would have thought it was nice being so small, to be able to be held by a friend, but now that she was in Blue's place -- aaaaaaaa

Uhh, try to focus on the positive?? Um, Amanda could fly!

She giggled nervously, looking up at the Delphox, then took into the air. "Hi, uh, Mr. Delphox!" she said once she was about at eye level with him. "I'm Amanda, and that's Morgan -- they're a swoobat now. So we're going to be staying at the same house. That could be fun!!"

She glanced quickly back to Morgan, still stiff on the ground. She smiled discreetly at them. Nothing to worry about -- Pokemon were nice, so this Pokemon was probably nice too! Back to Jesse.

"You don't have to worry about Morgan," she said brightly. "They like quiet too, I think! I, um --" She kinda laughed again "-- I'll try my best to be considerate toward you!"

Amanda turned to Morgan, and Morgan resisted the urge to look away even though their eyes hardly worked anymore. They still felt far away from themself, the most real part about them and their surroundings the beating of their heart. At Amanda's look, they decided they should approach and shuffled forward on the ground, feet tail and wingtips.

"Um, Morgan?" Amanda said. She flew back to them. Morgan's echolocation brought back a confused/concerned-ish image of her face. "It'll be okay. Jesse and all the Pokemon here are nice, right?" Morgan felt one of Amanda's wing press cautiously against their side.

Taking a breath, Morgan nodded.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"But... Maybe it'll be alright. As long as the houses aren't built like the Pokemon. If I come up to house looking like a giant Orbeetle, I will literally die."
"That's the spirit..." Lance lowered his ears and whined. "And uh, please don't die. Again."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Froslass, Mimikyu, and Indeedee, you'll be staying in Misdreavus' house
Lillie was nervous. The Indeedee was someone she was rude to earlier. What if she was still mad at her?
Sneasel, ice Vulpix, and Cranidos, you'll be staying in Sneasel's house.
Spirit perked up. She'd get to stay with the interesting 'sneasel.' She approached Dusk. "Hi! I'm Spirit. We're going to stay together?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Koa trotted towards the strange Vulpix and Dusk, glad to have something else to think about than the immenent possibility of never going home again, seeing his friends again, and maybe dying in some far away land...

"Uh hey. My name is Koa," he offered a claw. "I guess I'm staying with you guys?"

He couldn't help but stare a bit at Dusk. He'd never seen anything like her before. She looked... Really cool, actually.

Top Bottom