• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

• Join us for Thousand Roads' first fanzine! Space is open for both writers and artists to contribute work around the theme of "daily life in the Pokémon World." Visit the organization thread for more information--sign-ups close soon, so make sure to get yours in if you're interested!

Errant Sword [KtK RP Thread; Mission 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Partners
  1. suikaibuki
  2. ranyakumo
Nori climbs down the slope carefully yet briskly, doing sort of a side-walk. He slides on more than one occasion, but manages to steady himself each time and keep walking down. Truth be told, part of it was also wanting to leave before he lost his temper.

“Okay, they’re freeing that thing,” he monotonously announces to the group below as he reaches ground level. A sharp exhale escapes his mouth. “Should be done soon.”

Meanwhile, as the others were preoccupied with going as fast as possible, Breve was working on something slower, and hopefully safer.

Nobody here was a woodworker, but a raft would still be significantly safer than any other proposed option.

And so, with Temsik's help, he began cutting down trees, and tying them together with the thick vines.

It was hard work, sure. But Strength was a powerful move.
There might be some others down here, but the one who catches his eye is the safety inspector, hard at work with his Absol. He approaches curiously, although his gaze is fixated on the work of construction as he does so. Would it be seaworthy? If it was, it would be better than flying and maybe falling off and…he shakes that thought off and smiles. “So are you building a raft, Mr…?” The boy trails off. He didn’t catch the guy’s name, let alone his last name.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
  9. zorua
"Mr. Higgson, but you can call me Breve," the safety inspector said. "I'd have preferred a proper boat, but as no one here is experienced with woodwork, a raft is the next safest thing."

Temsik cut down another tree with their sharp horn, and it rolled near Breve. As Temsik cut away the tree's branches to leave the trunk, Breve wrapped one of the thick vines around it, weaving it with the other logs and vines. The raft was taking shape.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"I haven't had quite that reaction to my Occlumency before. You seemed quite surprised that I wasn't letting out any thoughts or feelings, was it?"

But enough of the small talk, he decided, once again focusing on the crystal in front of him. Preparing to cast the attack, he began counting.

"Alright, let's do this. Five, four, three, two, one, now!"

As the Lustre Purge landed, Codex of Truth dug into the crack in the crystal with a Psycho Cut, trying to dig their mental reach into the crystal and slice from inside the fault. (Would they even need a fairy move after this, or was this the end of it?)

"Oh, is that what it's called? Yes, Hatterene have a strong faesense, and there's no way we can really muffle it. For a species that can't really move and fight properly at the same time, it was historically an important survival utility. I'm not at all accustomed to hearing voices from people I can't sense are there, it was startling. And since our kind can't move at any real speed without dropping our guard, that's something we tend to react dangerously to."

Codex looked away, slightly guiltily. Like there'd been some sort of accidents regarding that before. "It's a reflex I’ve learned not to act on, since not everyone outside a coven knows what a poor idea it startle one of us, but it's not a weak instinct. Using your concealment to get behind an average Hatterene and speak undetected would usually end worse for everyone involved... and I must admit the effect is still creepy even when I'm prepared for it. Even if I know why now, on an primal level you still feel no different from a corpse, even as you move and speak."

They sighed, resigned. This was a conversation they'd had versions of many times before. "We're not a species that adapts to life outside our own communities easily, but I make it work. Couldn't stand to stick to one place my whole life."

Last edited:

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
  9. porygon
Clink watched, at the ready in case they needed another move, as did Chef Flygon. If it didn't break with this, maybe he could try changing the type again to something favorable-

"Alright, let's do this. Five, four, three, two, one, now!"

A blinding light shine once again above the crystal, as he cast a Lustre Purge toward it.
As the Lustre Purge landed, Codex of Truth dug into the crack in the crystal with a Psycho Cut, trying to dig their mental reach into the crystal and slice from inside the fault.

Psychic energy from Shou'ans Luster Purge exploded against the already cracked crystal, sending a wide web of cracks spreading even further. A split second later Codex's blade of psychic energy sliced into it, gouging into the it. White light split the crystals, lines of energy tearing a jagged score deep into the crystals until-

CRACK!

A final, satisfying cracking noise, like splitting ice, echoed through the cove. The crystals shattered and distengrated, not unlike when Clink had first opened the door to Keldeo's domain.

Mantine whooped in delight, launching herself up and out of the water, before landing with a great splash and thunderclap, sending waves of water surging all around and giving the bystanders a good soak. Clearly she was an impressive example of her species, over twice as large as any average Mantine.

Clink shook the water from their body distastefully, while Chef Flygon attempted to dry himself with a few light blasts of dragon fire on his body.

"Thank you thank you!!!" Mantine cried, twirling in the water and creating a mini vortex from her sheer size. "Clink, I hope you're doing something about Keldeo, right? Is that why you brought these outsiders?" She gestured with one figure to the assembled motley group. By the way she said outsiders, it didn't seem derisive, just an observation.

"I am," Clink said. "If-"

"Say no more!" Her eyes took on a gleam of deadly determination. "If any of you need extra help getting somewhere in this place, I can fit a bunch of you on my back. I am pretty good at that," she added, a note of pride in her tone. "Mantine ferry at your service!" She gave an awkward, half-underwater bow, tipping one flipper.

"Thank you," Clink said. "Then we won't waste any more of your time. If you'll meet us on the other side by the beach, we can get going." Though they were blocked by the hill, their gaze remained fixed on the place where the distant storm clouds were gathered.

With a final thank you to the other pokemon, Mantine waved a flipper and dove back into the water, eager to be off.

Chef Flygon watched her go before turning to Clink and holding out a claw. "Shall we?" Clink nodded, and with a flutter of his wings, the two headed for the opposite shore.

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
  5. farfetchd
"Mantine ferry at your service!" She gave an awkward, half-underwater bow, tipping one flipper.
Sun pointed at Ferry with wide eyes. "HA!"

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
While the others chipped away at the crystal cage, Samson stood a few meters away from the rest, trying to figure out how to use his moves. He assumed correctly that he had electric powers and, after searching for some energy inside him, managed to get some arcs of yellow elecricity to dance around his nubby hand. Thunder Punch? Wasn't that a move? Probably. He could try to punch the crystals like this. Would it hurt, though? They seemed pretty jagged. Then again, the other mon didn't seem to recoil when they attacked... maybe it would be fine.

Just as he managed to gather the courage to try, though, the crystal prison shattered. The mantine celebrated and splashed the bystanders. Well, though Samson, as long as she's free. Should he say something, though? Or was it too awkward?

"G-good job, folks," he said, cringing right after. "Sorry I couldn't be of help."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
  2. koraidon-apex
“Alright, let’s get going!” Josie exclaimed, skittering back up to the sand with high speed. “And for those who didn’t make a big impact now, you can do it once we reach Keldeo! I know he’s gonna love being saved by all of us and have a nice talk! Come on, there’s no time to waste!” She makes it back and waves a front leg, trying to be seen by Mantine. “I’m here!”

Partners
  1. suikaibuki
  2. ranyakumo
"Mr. Higgson, but you can call me Breve," the safety inspector said. "I'd have preferred a proper boat, but as no one here is experienced with woodwork, a raft is the next safest thing."

Temsik cut down another tree with their sharp horn, and it rolled near Breve. As Temsik cut away the tree's branches to leave the trunk, Breve wrapped one of the thick vines around it, weaving it with the other logs and vines. The raft was taking shape.
“I’ll just call you Mr. Higgson, if that’s all right with you,” the boy says. It was always weird to call an adult by their first name; some would even call it bad manners. Even with Volkner, but that eventually worked because his mentor was also a friend. “My name is Nori Carino. I’m a Pokemon Rehabilitator working with the Officals.” He sticks out one hand for a shake and shows his ID with another. Definitely real, despite his age.

There was a brief bit of silence. It had been so long since Nori had any like this that he couldn’t help but enjoy it, even though they were on a beach. Of course, since it was so quiet, the sound of a massive splash off in the distance reaches him. A chill runs through his spine. Did he dodge a bullet by walking away when he did?

He looks at what the safety inspector was building again and considers the man’s words. The safest option. Were they really going to ride that big Mantine? “The back of a Pokemon might be slick,” he notes. “Somebody could slip off and fall into the water.” Like him. “I think you’re right, as long as the raft is seaworthy. But what can we use for an oar? Even if the raft gets pulled by something, we should have a backup option just in case the rope breaks.” He didn’t want to get stuck.

He momentarily looks at the trees himself, then at his Pokemon, who was simply enjoying running on the sand. “I don’t know if Pachi can help. Even if he could bite through those trees, they wouldn’t be clean cuts. I can help carry things, though!” He does a small arm pump, almost a flex.

Negrek

komorebi
Staff
Mightyena watched with mild interest while the psychic-types discussed their powers with the meditite. There was no denying that they could do a lot of flashy things, but what was the point when all it took was a little shadow to stop you?

They were more than a match for the crystals, though, and Mightyena whooped with delight when the concentrated psychic attacks shattered the barrier, then again when the mantine sent a huge wave over the edge. She raced off to find Nate and shake all over him.

"Thanks," he said, deadpan, and unenthusiastically squeezed a bit of water out of his shirt.

"You were already wet," Mightyena pointed out. She pranced a tight circle around her trainer. "You missed me busting up some of those crystals! The red dragon set things up perfectly!"

"Yeah?" Nate said. "No surprise. I know you had it handled." He patted her side, then started trudging back up the hill. Mightyena bounded cheerfully on ahead.

"We're leaving now, right?" she asked. "We're going to another island!"

"Yeah." Nate didn't sound nearly excited enough at the prospect, but what else was new? He was always like this about adventures. He should be glad they could talk to each other again, even if it was just for a little while.

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
  2. vulpix
“Is going straight to Keldeo now really the best idea? It will probably take a bit for us to get our energy back after wailing on those crystals, not to mention the possibility that he prepares an ambush while we’re tired,” the Eevee suggested, trying to stay near the others. “Oh, I’m Nova, by the way. It’s nice to meet you all.”

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
  9. porygon
"I beg your pardon, I'm not slick. I am sleek and an excellent ferry," she said, her voice tinged with light hearted offense. "I can certainly carry a few of you without you falling off."

With the collective efforts of Breve and Nori, plus Mantine, Shou'an and the Winged King, arrangements were soon made and passengers distributed among the various modes of transportation.

Clink as they seemed torn on where to head. "We may find something useful on that island, but I believe Keldeo is further ahead... I am not sure which we should do. I hate to wait longer to face him but..."

The closer island did look rather inviting. Perhaps there would be something useful there. Or someone in need of assistance...

Chef Flygon, who elected to fly himself, stretched his wings as he prepared to take off. "It is on the way, it may be wise to at least investigate. But... I will defer to majority in this case. Nova, you do make a good point, perhaps rushing into a battle could be risky..."

Nekodatta

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. koraidon-apex
  2. miraidon-ultimate
  3. skitty
After seeing Winged King crash into the crystals at full force, Sada ran up to him worried that he had been hurt.

« They said to wait! You can't always run off and do your own thing alone no matter how strong you are!» she muttered. It was the same in her tribe. You had to act in a group and coordinate with people: the hot-headed idiot who boasted that they could go off hunting something alone tended to learn that lesson in the harshest way, sooner or later.
The dragon grunted and dipped his head, but it seemed that their combined efforts had still worked. The big water creature was freed, and offered to ferry some people on its back.

Sada frowned, still a bit wary of any creature that wasn't human.

« I... I will fly. If someone else prefers the air, we can carry another person. » she said.

Back at the beach, everyone was trying to decide if they should explore the other island first or go straight for the one where "Keldeo" supposedly was.

« I prefer to explore the other island first. Maybe there's others trapped creatures or people there. And besides... if we'll have to fight this "legendary", it's better to know the area as much as possible. » she said, tapping the blunt end of her spear on the soft sand a couple of times, almost like she was testing the ground. It was slippery. If the other islands had similar sandy beaches, fighting on it would be difficult.

« On a hunt, you need to know your environment and your prey if you want to win. You set ambushes. Traps. You push your prey in a situation where it can't use it's full power. Creatures are stronger than humans, and this "Keldeo" sounds stronger than most creatures... so we'll have to be smarter, and use everything we have available to win. That's the only way people can survive against them. » she turned towards the red dragon in particular.

« ... We can't charge in without even knowing what is around us or happening.»

The dragon had the sense to had least grunt in response, sounding a bit ashamed.

Sada then turned towards the group at large: her first instinct was to address the other humans present, but she made an effort after a moment to look at everyone else too.

« I don't know anything about "Keldeo". What are his powers, usually?»

Negrek

komorebi
Staff
Nate had been so focused on the effort to free the mantine that he hadn't really thought about what came after.

Right. Water. They had to go across the fucking water somehow. Nate scowled out at the far-off island, remembering what had happened the last time he'd gone for a little surf on a pokémon. By now he'd had enough of boats, the ocean, surfing, anything to do with fucking water, to last a lifetime.

It was a relief when one of the people with flying pokémon said they'd be going over by themselves. Nate wasn't sure if he'd do much better in the air than on water, but he supposed he'd at least have the opportunity to be sick in new and novel ways up there.

Unfortunately the person offering was also the person who appeared to be cosplaying as some kind of prehistoric trainer, complete with honest-to-god spear. Nate considered the options uneasily. The water out there was glass-smooth for the moment, after all, and he wasn't going to die if he had to spend a couple hours on the back of the mantine, just hate life a bit more than usual. The potential failure state for flying was still being sick while also being stuck in close quarters with someone who had way too many opinions on knapping.

The woman was asking good questions, though. And he was curious about the dragonish-looking pokémon she had with her, too.

"Keldeo's a water-type," he said. "Little horse kinda guy. He can move real fast and skate over the surface of the water by firing jets from his hooves. Mostly he likes to fight with hydrokinesis or using the horn growing out of his head." He looked down at Mightyena, who wagged expectantly. "And I'll go with you, if you're offering to take people flying."

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
  4. goomy
Pixels was a little disappointed when the group destroyed the cage, it wasn't that she didn't want the Mantine to be free but she had been hoping at least a single crystal had survived the attacks. A color-changing gem would've been nice to have around, so many ideas and plans for her next outfit. Aw, it would've been the perfect souvenir too.

The Mantine offered to ferry them but ugh, that was not an enjoyable option. The saltwater would be absolutely disastrous on her mane and coat, and the raft wasn't any better.

Somewhere in her mind, she could see Scales' exasperated expression and she almost pouted at the thought. Water slides are completely different!

Her ears perked, catching the words of the weirdly-dressed woman with the spear. "Hey, hey! Can I come with?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
  9. porygon
« I don't know anything about "Keldeo". What are his powers, usually?»
Clink nodded along with Nate. "He is an excellent sword fighter. Swift and powerful in battle and exceptional accuracy. Prefers physical strikes. And he was..." Clink's voice wavered with sadness. "Honorable. Courageous. But I do not know how much he may have changed."

"Given how he ambushed me I'd say honor isn't the top of his list," Mantine muttered furiously.

Chef Flygon's gaze swept across the crowd. "Then let us not waste time. Sada, you make a good point. If there is a chance that other pokemon are in danger on that island, then we will go there first."

The trip to the first island proved surprisingly uneventful. Chef Flygon and others kept their eyes peeled for danger but there was no sign of Keldeo, or any other pokemon. Mantine called it 'unpleasantly quiet', and it certainly proved a bit off putting.

However, as they drew nearer to the island, keen eared pokemon would begin to hear a strange noise. A racuous din of pokemon hooting and hollering, accompanied by... clashing metal?

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
"I ain't exactly up on all the fucking legends out there, apparently."
"I am afraid not. They are..." their voice trailed off. "I am not sure yet, of their origin. But I know they are connected to what is happening." There was a note of reluctance in Clink's voice. Concerns and suspicions they didn't seem ready to share yet.

Kirsten stared politely as the man talking with Clink hesitated to recall his name. Curious, but considering she'd so rudely interrupted their ongoing chatter, she let it slide, figuring they were even now. "A pleasure, Nate" she said, with a nod of her head. "Keldeo isn't a legend I'm familiar with, myself," she added, so at least neither of them was alone in that regard. She wasn't sure what a 'hoopa' was either, but it sure sounded like Nate had a hell of a time on his last visit... which, in itself, was strange to think about. That, and the talking lucario.

...on second thought, that made more sense somehow than a talking klefki. Must be just a side effect of this weird realm. She curiously looked to Drapion beside her, catching his eye. He simply grunted at her.

She listened to Clink respond to her question with a deepening frown. There was something the keyring wasn't saying as of yet... she wondered if Clink had their own reservations about Kupara as well; it sure would explain why the klefki appeared to be hesitant to discuss further.

Continued prompting would have to wait, however; it seemed the time to get moving was at hand.

The group couldn't have been in Keldeo's domain for more than an hour, and already Kirsten marveled at everything that was happening around her. The beach they'd arrived on had been nice enough, ominous storm clouds in the distance aside; considering the name 'swords of justice', Kirsten wasn't sure what to expect (Keldeo was probably a fighting- or a steel-type?), but a beach hadn't been it. There was a legend among their very party. A crystal prison holding a giant mantine. A talking flygon... chef?

So far, most of the group, human and pokemon alike, had shown to have a good head on their shoulders. Kirsten had decided to stick by Nate silently, for the most part. Having some experience with... other worldly problems, it made the most sense. He knew Clink, he knew the flygon, and apparently, he knew Keldeo, too. Meanwhile, Drapion had been sent to help crack the crystals. He'd been getting more visibly restless and agitated, so giving him something useful to to would help. He joined the mightyena with darkness around his claws, hacking and crushing as though trying to one-up her. Which he probably was, but if it was helping break the crystals faster, there was no reason to dissuade him.

At least until the mantine was finally free and decided to show her gratitude by soaking the entire party. Ah, well. That wasn't Drapion's fault, at least.

Her exasperation only deepened as they crossed the sea. Drapion could swim ('float' was probably a more apt description) but did not take kindly to passengers, and Kirsten spent most of the time half-submerged anyway. Attempting to file away information on Keldeo as they traveled was how she coped. A fast, physical fighter, was he? Drapion should be a good match, then, so at least he'll be pleased if and when it came down to that.

'Unpleasantly quiet', the mantine had said of the sea. For her part, Kirsten half expected to be swarmed with tentacool or some other obnixiously common seafaring pokemon, but the trip was, indeed, uneventful. At least until they approached their destination. Sounds in the distance were difficult to hear over the rushing water, but the closer they got to the island, the louder they became. Kirsten heard a distinct clang of metal - perhaps Keldeo was closer than they'd expected?

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
  2. koraidon-apex
Josie looked around with concern after hearing those strange noises. The clashing metal... Swords? "That definitely sounds like a bunch of knights fighting. Better be careful..." She held tight onto Mantine before mustering up the courage to hop off and skitter with whoever was closest to her.

Shou'an chose to fly as well. His body shape wasn't too suited to sitting on the raft anyway, and it would be illogical for him to ride on the Koraidon.

Hearing the discussion regarding the properties of Keldeo and the subsequent clang of metal, he seemed to instantly come to a conclusion regarding what was probably there.

"It seems like we are to fight Cobalion on that island. Keldeo is the leader of the Swords of Justice -- a very weak Pokemon for a leader, by the way, as another Sword, Terrakion, is much more powerful. But Cobalion is a Steel type, so I feel the battle should not be too difficult."

Partners
  1. suikaibuki
  2. ranyakumo
In spite of how he was basically sitting there in an almost trance-like state (basically just copying what he thought was meditation), Nori found enough within him to roll his eyes when the subject of Keldeo came up. So they answered the cavewoman when she asked for more detail about it, but not him. At least he finally got the answers. So quick and melee based. Even if their foe was changed in personality, the body should still be the same, right? Nori knew how to handle things that fought like that. Maybe this was a Ground-type and Pachi would only be able to contribute in a limited fashion, but he could help with the strategy!

That is, if they decided to listen to him.

He soon again became cognizant of where they were. “It...” he started, choking up a little. “It’ll be fine, Nori, all fine,” he repeated. He had been talking to himself like this for half the trip, although under his breath for the most part so only his fellow passengers on the raft would hear. He preferred it there. No chance of falling, and if something happened, well. There was driftwood. “You rode that weird sea dog’s Sharpedo. You can ride a raft.”

Pachi was being used as like a doll; Nori holding onto him firmly. The little squirrel didn’t seem to mind, mostly giving encouragement. Although that last bit made him snap to. “Wait, Nori. You rode a scarred shark?!” he asks, looking up at Nori. Of course, it’d only reach the other Pokemon.

So it went for the boy who was sitting in the middle of the raft. Until the sound that caught the ears of many. He was too focused on his own faux meditation to notice it himself, but he is attentive enough to notice that others have. Josie mentioned knights fighting. Probably not that. Could be anything from actually that to a party, though. A finger goes to his lips. If there was fighting going on here, it would be a chance to see everyone else’s capabilities and fighting styles. Then he could really make them a plan!

He huffed. Again, if they cared to listen. He had formal training on that sort of thing from one of the best, but was it because he was too young?

The claim of the Latios catches his attention. An eyebrow arches up. “The weakest is the leader? That...” He pauses for a second. Maybe he was making an assumption here, but that one felt wrong. He shakes his head. “That seems unlikely. Not saying you’re wrong or lying!” He waves his hands from side to side. “But uh, Mr. Klink said he was just one of the group. If he was the leader, I’d like to think he would’ve said so.” His gaze darts towards the floating keys. “Um, am I right?” Shou'an didn’t seem to be making it up and Nori couldn’t imagine why he would, but maybe it was one of those weird world differences. It was best to get it clarified.

Nekodatta

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. koraidon-apex
  2. miraidon-ultimate
  3. skitty
Keldeo's a water-type," he said. "Little horse kinda guy. He can move real fast and skate over the surface of the water by firing jets from his hooves. Mostly he likes to fight with hydrokinesis or using the horn growing out of his head." He looked down at Mightyena, who wagged expectantly. "And I'll go with you, if you're offering to take people flying.
One of the other humans answered her, and while she didn't quite understand some of his words - what was "hydrokinesis", anyway? -, she got the gist of it.

« So he can run on water? Uh... » she tilted her head sideways. It kinda reminded her of another creature her father told her about, once... but they probably weren't the only ones with that power. However, that just made her ever more convinced about crossing the sea by flying. If they got attacked while being in the middle of the water...

« Of course. My name is Sada and he's Winged King.» she nodded, patting the red dragon's flank before mounting the dragon. She took a moment to grab the two spikes who acted as convenient hand holds and look at the other young man.

He looked like he was missing more than a good night's sleep, and she had to hide a small smile.
... Kinda reminded her of someone else she knew who's face wore an almost perpetual frown.
Her ears perked, catching the words of the weirdly-dressed woman with the spear. "Hey, hey! Can I come with?"
As they were getting ready to depart, they were approached by another creature. Winged King simply growled a "sure" in Pokespeak in approval, while Sada took a moment to decide.
Not because she didn't want to, but because this creature didn't seem to have those shiny spheres that the other human like Breve had used to summon Temsik...
And she was wearing that pretty crown and scarf ... Did a lot of creatures wear clothes?

« Oh! Yes, sure! You can sit, umm...» she looked up and down the dragon's back, searching for a suitable spot.
« Maybe right here in front of me?» she pointed to the base of Winged King's neck.
She looked so... fluffy and soft...

Whatever way Nate, Pixie and Mightyena decided to climb on, the dragon soon took off, ascending in a couple of strong beats of his wings until they were quite high.
The trip took a while, but it was nothing she wasn't used to; she would periodically glance down, towards the Mantine and the other people on the raft, and those flying on the other blue dragon. The wind made conversation pretty much impossible until they were back on the ground again.

« You were great, good job.» she whispered to the dragon as soon as they dismounted. Normally, she would have given him a bunch of berries or some strips of meat as a reward, but nothing except her clothes and her spear seemed to have come with her in this other world. She kind of missed her satchel full of berries and roots...

Winged King landed panting a bit heavily, but as soon as other people arrived, he grunted and made a big show of puffing out his chest and acting like it hadn't been tiring at all. He was the Apex Dragon! He couldn't look weak in front of the others!
He turned towards the noise that was coming from up ahead, and growled in excitement.

" Sounds like a duel is taking place! " He growled in Pokespeak. He turned towards the other two Pokémon that had come with him, his fighting instincts itching to go.

" Let's go look- " he caught sight of Sada glaring at him and his feathered crest drooped.

".... cautiously and slowly" he muttered.

As for Sada, she had only heard growls coming from the red dragon, but she knew when he was about to run off on his own like he had done just before. Luckily he seemed to notice and calmed down... for now.

« All right... something or someone seems like they are... banging on some really hard, shiny rocks... is this Keldeo one of those Pokémon with the silver skin?»

Before moving closer to the source of the noise, she carefully observed their surroundings, looking for anything unusual or that stood out to het.
Tracks, berries, strange rocks or tufts of fur, feathers, footprints - or hoofprints in this case-... anything could be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom