• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Errant Sword [KtK RP Thread; Mission 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Partners
  1. suikaibuki
  2. ranyakumo
"Oh right! Here, wear my scarf. It'll help purge those poisons out of you though it might take a little bit before it takes effect."
“Oh, thank you!” Pachi says, graciously accepting. He strikes a pose. “Stylish! I feel like a Contest star!”

At this, Keldeo looked at Clink, his face grave "I know I am not the only one." Clink shievered uneasily as Keldeo continued. "At the very least I... I do know that my teachers, the other Swords, are affected."
Nori puts his hands on his hips. “Thought it was either that or them disapproving and 'betraying' you,” he remarks. “Jeez, how did whatever did this get to all of you? There has to be more than temptation. Feeling I'm getting anyway.” He lightly stamps a foot and grumbles vaguely. “Not looking forward to having this same debate potentially three more times. Hey, wonder if you could help us against them? Maybe seeing you would help.”

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
  9. porygon
Jeez, how did whatever did this get to all of you? There has to be more than temptation. Feeling I'm getting anyway.” He lightly stamps a foot and grumbles vaguely. “Not looking forward to having this same debate potentially three more times. Hey, wonder if you could help us against them? Maybe seeing you would help.”
"It may be different for other legends. I know they were of sound mind when I left, but sometime after I succumbed, they too were taken under. It is possible..." He snorted distastefully. "If this truly is like a sickness, corrupting one of use may simply be a gateway to corrupting others. That may be a way for it to spread."

Keldeo hesisted, mulling over the idea. "When you return, I will do what I can to aid you, if I am able. And if they are the next to be freed."

Clink looked less eager about the idea, but nodded. "Bringing legendaries into other domains presents a risk, but maybe you are right, Nori. If I am able to open their domains, your presence may help, Keldeo."

A shiver rippled through Clink and they glanced around. "I should return you all soon. There is still time, but you cannot remain here indefinitely without returning to your own homes. It is one of the rules of this world that those not native to my home will be pulled back to their own world."

As they spoke, they took hold of a key on their ring. A pale aura formed around the Klefki and they fired it outward. It took the shape of a keyhole, in which they inserted the key. They turned the key in the hole, and a glowing silvery portal formed. Within, a hazy shape of Klefki's realm could just barely be seen.

"When you are ready, this will take you back to my realm. The portal near Kupara will take you to your respective homes. But please, go as you are ready. And if you need it, there are berries in my realm that will restore your strength." There wasn't much urgency in Clink's voice, so the group still had time, either to rest here or back in Klefki's realm, or remain to speak with Keldeo...

After a moment, Clink added, "And thank you all, again, for your aid. I could not have succeeded without your assistance. I will remember your courage forever."

Nekodatta

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. koraidon-apex
  2. miraidon-ultimate
  3. skitty
When Keldeo looked at her and bowed respectfully, it took Sada a couple of long moments to answer. She lacked quite a bit of the context around what that meant; she didn't really know what a Legendary Pokémon was: for her, after all, every Pokémon was mysterious and wondrous, something to fear and admire at the same time.

But she intuitively understood that it was a great show of respect, and she accepted it gratefully. Tapping the blunt end of the spear on the ground, she bowed back.

« ... Thank you.»

She suddenly remembered old stories back home, from the veteran hunters of her tribe. How, from time to time, there would be brief moments where humans and creatures found themselves allies.
How one had found a Great Tusk after it had ended up trapped falling in a ravine and, instead of dealing it the killing blow for an easy win, gathered her ancestors to help pull it out. The Great Tusk and its children had never attacked the tribe again after that.

How one time, when a particularly harsh winter had left her tribe on the verge of starving, a herd of plant creatures had inexplicably come and shared their berries and fruits with them, in exchange for shelter from the cold and fresh water.

They were... Old stories, legends, passed on through the generations. She had always thought them little more than children's stories, with maybe some wishful thinking... But, now she reflected, maybe they were true.

Maybe at the very base of that relationship between human and creatures was always mutual respect.

Another portal opened up in the air, to bring them back in the strange realm with the colored sky. And after that... home.

Partners
  1. suikaibuki
  2. ranyakumo
"Bringing legendaries into other domains presents a risk, but maybe you are right, Nori. If I am able to open their domains, your presence may help, Keldeo."
"But what about him?" Nori asks, gesturing to the cloak-wearing Latios. Hey, now that he thought about it, what was up with the kanji on the back? "What if...um." He rubs the back of his head. "Well. They're not usually considered Legendary in my world. But I guess they are here, and he was one that came in. So I guess the perception of here matters." He was sure by that token, there were those who were considered to be legendary elsewhere yet were just like any other Pokemon here. That would be awkward if they tried to assert their authority like Shou'an did. "But either way, yeah. Keldeo should be able to help with the other swords, at least. What's the risk, anyway? For future reference, in case we get others from outside." And he wondered, why invite them in the first place if that was a problem?

Nori taps his chin. What else? Oh! He turns to Keldeo. "How'd you use more than four moves, anyway? Pachi and I ran into that limit here, but you weren't constrained by it. If we could figure that out, it'd be useful! Even if we can't use it ourselves, useful to know for other battles!"

Speaking of, after letting the scarf do its work, the little squirrel passed it back to Pixels. "All good now! Thanks again!"

After a moment, Clink added, "And thank you all, again, for your aid. I could not have succeeded without your assistance. I will remember your courage forever."
"It was a fun distraction, at least!" the boy says, bowing slightly. "And you're welcome! If you need my help again, just send another one of those portal things over and I'll be right in! Um, as long as it doesn't make me lose time or anything." That might be awkward if he just disappeared for a while. Good thing he wasn't anywhere near anyone when this happened.

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
"Unfortunately, that is not possible. Even if objects could be brought back, which they cannot, you would regretfully not remember anything."
"It is a well-intentioned offer, Champion. But I would have nothing to do with that abominable object. I will see it destroyed."

Kirsten nodded with a frown, not quite ready to give up on the idea. She couldn't bring it back... and she couldn't simply go home to collect supplies and return, for she wouldn't recall needing to do so the moment she returned.

She turned to Keldeo. "I understand your desire to be rid of it, truly. But I urge you to reconsider. Especially if your teachers have been affected as well. If we could study this poison, this corruption... if we could gain some understanding, that could lead down a path to combat it."

"More than just them, Keldeo. It... It could be every legend in this state. What afflicted you must be what caused the damage to my realm."

She turned then to Clink. "Although, even with the desire to learn more... I don't have the tools necessary here to experiment. Perhaps you might know of anyone - another legend, maybe - who might be better equipped to study it?"

A pause. "What makes you think these events are connected? Keldeo, nor his realm, seem to have any sort of crystal infestation that I've taken notice of."

"And thank you all, again, for your aid. I could not have succeeded without your assistance. I will remember your courage forever."

"All in a day's work," she said with a shrug, but now with a lopsided grin. "Drapion and I could probably use a rest after this, but don't be afraid to call back if you discover anything further."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
  2. koraidon-apex
"Unfortunately, that is not possible. Even if objects could be brought back, which they cannot, you would regretfully not remember anything."
"Wait, what? Whaddya mean we won't remember?" Josie started to skitter back and forth with visible concern, sweat droplets trickling down from her head. "But we have to remember so we can know the cause of the problem. Why do we have to forget? We can still help you and the other Legends to make sure they don't suffer like you did. I'd really like to help and interview them, so I don't want to forget. I can't forget! If we do forget, it'd be all for nothing!" She kept rambling on without taking a break to breathe.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
  9. porygon
But either way, yeah. Keldeo should be able to help with the other swords, at least. What's the risk, anyway? For future reference, in case we get others from outside."
Clink gave their body a small shake as Nori spoke. "Ah, what I am referring to is legendaries from here traversing into other domains is a risk." Clink nodded to Shou'an. "He may be a legend in his own way, but he is not of this world. In this world, domains are for the legend that inhabits it. That is but one of many reasons I needed your help. A legends power is affected in a domain that doesn't belong to them."

Keldeo nodded in agreement. "Our domains are shaped by our spirit. Eveny short time being corrupted affected the pokemon who call this place home, such as the clan of swordfighters you met. A limitation of these spaces between reality is the way we can exert a will upon each other, to prevent... Unnecessary squabbles." There was a note of amusement in his tone. Perhaps even the legends had their moments of disagreements.

How'd you use more than four moves, anyway? Pachi and I ran into that limit here, but you weren't constrained by it. If we could figure that out, it'd be useful! Even if we can't use it ourselves, useful to know for other battles!"
Keldeo grimaced and looked away, briefly ashamed. "Regretfully, that was an effect of my corruption, but..." He frowned, his brow furrowing, as a memory returned to him. "But that particular kind of power... I drew it from elsewhere. It wasn't just the poison. The poison strengthened me but there was a second force that gave me the power of drawing on more techniques."

"A second force?" Clink asked, bewildered. They gazed at the crystalline island around them. "Is that how you formed this... Place?"

Keldeo nodded slowly.

Clink voice rang with grave hollowness. "Then that means... There are at least two enemies we face."

Chef Flygon flicked his tail in frustration. "And you have no recollection of either?"

"I wish that I did, truly," Keldeo murmured. "I know the one who granted me the power and that poison is a poison type themselves, but my memory of the saboteurs eludes me..."

And you're welcome! If you need my help again, just send another one of those portal things over and I'll be right in! Um, as long as it doesn't make me lose time or anything.
Clink shook their head and gave a chime of reassurance. "Kupara has ensured that no time will pass for you back home. You will be returned to the precise moment you left, as if nothing happened."

I understand your desire to be rid of it, truly. But I urge you to reconsider. Especially if your teachers have been affected as well. If we could study this poison, this corruption... if we could gain some understanding, that could lead down a path to combat it."
Keldeo's gaze sharpened though his ire wasn't directed at Kirsten, rather the circumstance. "What more can be learned from a mere object? This is no toxin that can be cured away by some berry or human medicine. It is a reminder and a danger." Clearly he did not sound keen on the idea.

Perhaps you might know of anyone - another legend, maybe - who might be better equipped to study it?"
Clink hummed musically in thought. "If we could be sure another legend wasn't corrupted... I will consult with Kupara, but Mew is on of the oldest. She may know. And there are other more analytically inclined legends but we would have to free them first. Although if this truly isn't the source as Keldeo says, there may not be much more to learn."

At this, Keldeo gave Clink a brief look of annoyance, but turned away. "Do as you wish then," he said quietly.

"Wait, what? Whaddya mean we won't remember?" Josie started to skitter back and forth with visible concern, sweat droplets trickling down from her head. "But we have to remember so we can know the cause of the problem. Why do we have to forget? We can still help you and the other Legends to make sure they don't suffer like you did. I'd really like to help and interview them, so I don't want to forget. I can't forget! If we do forget, it'd be all for nothing!"
"Will we remember this if we return?" Nova tilted her head. "Or will we be just as confused next time we show up here?"
"Oh please, don't fret!" Clink said gently. "If you return here, your memories will be restored. Your efforts are not in vain, Keldeo is proof of that."

"Peace, Josie. Be strong." Keldeo nodded in agreement as he spoke, his mane bouncing. "You proved during our fight that you have conviction and strength so do not falter now," he said, not unkindly.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
  2. koraidon-apex
"Oh please, don't fret!" Clink said gently. "If you return here, your memories will be restored. Your efforts are not in vain, Keldeo is proof of that."
“Oh.” The Joltik hopped and stopped after hearing that. “Okay, I was worried for a sec. Thanks, and sorry about that. Sheesh, this is embarrassing…”

She looked towards Keldeo, a little excited after hearing his words. “Uh, hehe, it’s really a big honor to hear you say that. Oh, and about my name… Yeah, JoJo sounds pretty dumb and insulting, so I’m glad you called me by my actual name. You see, a lot of wild Pokémon I fought in the past kept calling me JoJo to get on my nerves, so I thought it was appropriate that you’d insult me with that dumb nickname during our battle.” She looked down, shaking her head. “Oh, I’m rambling again, aren’t I? S-Sorry, I just… Talking with a Legend like you isn’t a chance that I get everyday.”

Negrek

komorebi
Staff
Keldeo let out a heavy sigh. "It is also a sense I have. The four of us are linked. Not as powerful as other legends, but nonetheless a link. Perhaps for a mortal you might call it a sixth sense. And right now... they are very far from me. Their spirits troubled..." The corners of his snout tugged downward and he ground one hoof into the ground. "I failed them by behaving like such a fool. I allowed myself to become so resentful."
Mightyena stretched up to lick the side of Keldeo's face. "You weren't yourself," she said. "Someone tricked you, just like they must have tricked your friends. They're the ones who caused this, not you."

"Thank you. Although for now, it may be best to return home. Interlopers can't remain in these realms forever. Thank you for coming though. I hope the two of you have fared okay since we last met?"
Mightyena hesitated. "Well..."

"We ain't dead yet," Nate said. "And we ain't had to deal with being mind-controlled by nobody, neither, so it sounds like out of the three of us, you're having the roughest week." He gave Keldeo a weary smile. "We'll catch you again, then. For sure we'll be there when you go out to free the rest of the Swords. No way we could miss that."

"That's right!" Mightyena straightened up, tail wagging furiously. "We'll be there to help you. Promise."

Hopefully they wouldn't be the only ones returning to fight the other Swords. Being the only ones back here for Keldeo was weird enough; if Nate just kept going through legendary fight after legendary fight with a new group of people each time, he was going to have to assume that he was stuck in some kind of personal nightmare.

"That reminds me, Clink," he said. "How, uh, negotiable is the whole 'going back to the exact same time and place' thing? Any chance we could try somewhere maybe just slightly different?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
  9. porygon
You see, a lot of wild Pokémon I fought in the past kept calling me JoJo to get on my nerves, so I thought it was appropriate that you’d insult me with that dumb nickname during our battle.”
“Oh, I’m rambling again, aren’t I? S-Sorry, I just… Talking with a Legend like you isn’t a chance that I get everyday.”
He smiled, a hint of weariness in his eyes. "It was a childish attempt to get under your fur, one I find rather shameful. Though..." Keldeo regarded Josie carefully. "The best method to take power from those seeking to get on your nerves is to have no reservations. Josie the Joltik is a good name. Jojo is not so terrible a moniker. If you 'own it', as mortals say, it will not bother you so much."

"You weren't yourself," she said. "Someone tricked you, just like they must have tricked your friends. They're the ones who caused this, not you."
Keldeo hummed in thought, and looked as if he wanted to agree. Yet there was hesitation in the way he held himself. "Even so... I regret not fighting harder to resist. It did not feel as if I were puppeted. It was as if it were still me, my worst brought to light..."

He shook himself, adopting a more dignified and resolute expression. "Nonetheless... Yes, you are correct. There was trickery involved." He stamped a hoof on the ground. "And when the time comes I will strike down whoever is responsible."

Chef Flygon stepped forward, catching Keldeo's eye with a pointed gaze. "You are more than yourself at your lowest. You should concern yourself with how you conduct yourself after."

"Yes, of course," Keldeo dipped his head in a formal acknowledgement. "Thank you." Between Mightyena and Flygon, Keldeo seemed less out of sorts.
"We ain't dead yet," Nate said. "And we ain't had to deal with being mind-controlled by nobody, neither, so it sounds like out of the three of us, you're having the roughest week." He gave Keldeo a weary smile. "We'll catch you again, then. For sure we'll be there when you go out to free the rest of the Swords. No way we could miss that."

"That's right!" Mightyena straightened up, tail wagging furiously. "We'll be there to help you. Promise."
Keldeo gave a snort of amusement. "As I would prefer it, then. Better I than you. I owe you greatly for coming to my aid, and I admire your tenacity. I won't disgrace it by refusing your offer, so do try to stay out of needless danger back home."

Dipping his head, he touched his snout to Mightyena. "Keep an eye on him." Despite the lighthearted note in his voice, there was an undercurrent of seriousness. And of course, Keldeo knew full well how stubborn Nate could be.

"That reminds me, Clink," he said. "How, uh, negotiable is the whole 'going back to the exact same time and place' thing? Any chance we could try somewhere maybe just slightly different?"
Clink mused on that for a moment, looking regretful. "Ah, I am afraid it's... Unlikely to be negotiable. Switching times and places is tricky and tends to cause paradoxes. Or at least, so Kupara says."

Nekodatta

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. koraidon-apex
  2. miraidon-ultimate
  3. skitty
Right before she was about to step through the portal that would get her back to Clink's realm, she heard the Pokémon's comments about how they would forget everything that had happened as soon as they got back to their world.

« What?!» she asked, before looking crestfallen.

« But... that means...»

She couldn't bring everything she had learned about creatures back home...

Winged King looked at her for a long moment.

« That's a shame.»

It took Sada a long moment to realize that the deep voice half covered by a growl had come from the dragon. She turned towards him, eyes wide.

« YOU can talk?!»

Had he been able to talk all this time? Or just in this world? But... but... then she would forget that too as soon as she got back, so she couldn't even test it!

« This is so unfair -»

Partners
  1. suikaibuki
  2. ranyakumo
Nori waves goodbye to the cavewoman and her weird Cyclizar thing as they depart.

Clink voice rang with grave hollowness. "Then that means... There are at least two enemies we face."
"So we'll just beat'em both!" Nori declares with a clap of his hands. It was that simple, the way he saw it! And maybe he has a point.

Clink mused on that for a moment, looking regretful. "Ah, I am afraid it's... Unlikely to be negotiable. Switching times and places is tricky and tends to cause paradoxes. Or at least, so Kupara says."
Didn't he overhear him mumbling something about this? Either way, Nori doesn't think it's a good idea, and he lets Nate know with a nod. "Besides, you don't know if wherever he sends you would be any better than where you are. I get you think life sucks or whatever wherever you are." That was very easy to infer. "But even if you could, you don't want to jump into a worse situation and get stuck there. You know?"

She looked towards Keldeo, a little excited after hearing his words. “Uh, hehe, it’s really a big honor to hear you say that. Oh, and about my name… Yeah, JoJo sounds pretty dumb and insulting, so I’m glad you called me by my actual name. You see, a lot of wild Pokémon I fought in the past kept calling me JoJo to get on my nerves, so I thought it was appropriate that you’d insult me with that dumb nickname during our battle.” She looked down, shaking her head. “Oh, I’m rambling again, aren’t I? S-Sorry, I just… Talking with a Legend like you isn’t a chance that I get everyday.”
Pachi giggles at this. "I dunno how you get JoJo from Josie."

Nori also turns his head. That terminology reminded him. "Hey, you mentioned you're not a wild Pokemon yourself? Maybe you can bring your trainer along next time. I'd love to meet him!" He pauses. "Her? ...them?" He tilts his head.

"Me too!" says Pachi, standing tall and twitching his tail.

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
  2. vulpix
"And to think I could have been able to understand what Aeron was talking about when he said he used to be a human..." Nova groaned. "Maybe I can bring him here next time, that Turtwig needs to learn to come out of his shell," she added with a chuckle.

"I should probably get going soon. I've got a bounty to find tomorrow, so the quicker I go home the quicker I get to sleep. I think." Nova began to approach the portal out.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
  2. koraidon-apex
Nori also turns his head. That terminology reminded him. "Hey, you mentioned you're not a wild Pokemon yourself? Maybe you can bring your trainer along next time. I'd love to meet him!" He pauses. "Her? ...them?" He tilts his head.

"Me too!" says Pachi, standing tall and twitching his tail.
Josie nodded to Pachi and Nori. “Yeah. I’ll make sure to find my Trainer after I go back. In fact, I think I should hurry back home.” She waved a leg at everyone, bearing a soft grimace. “Thanks for everything, guys. I hope we can get another chance to meet. Just not like this, where we have to fight for our lives.”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Codex’s eyes scanned over the crowd one last time.

“Generally, I’d find the idea of losing memories quite worrisome. In this case, I think I’ll readily accept it. The alternative seems damaging in its own way…”

They hadn’t really been here long enough for any of the people here to hold any sentimental value to them. Perhaps if they were another person, a more empathetic, social species, they would’ve earnestly wished Sun well learning telekinesis back home, and wished Mightyena’s partner well in whatever his situation was. Even knowing it would never effect them, and that they’d never even know what happened. But they were Codex of Truth, and their head wasn’t wired that way.

“I wish you all well,” they offered, “Goodbye.”

Last edited:

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
  9. porygon
A solemn air had fallen across the group, threaded with a silent resolve. Today, they had won. Proved that in the face of even a dishonorable foe, they could overcome. And if Keldeo could be freed from his poisonous shackles, then perhaps the other legends could as well.

"You are all commendable in your strength." Keldeo stepped forward as he spoke, holding his head high. His old fire seemed to be returning, and his eyes flashed with determination. "You proved your honor today. Not just through words, but actions. By honoring your own convictions, when I... When I fell short. For thank, you have my respect." He gave Codex a meaningful look.

Then, his gaze fell upon Clink, who faced him calmly. Keldeo gave a slight dip of his head. "You did well."

Despite Clink's steely calmness, they looked relieved as well, to hear Keldeo's affirmation.

Keldeo's gaze swept across the group, lingering briefly on King and Sada, then on Mightyena and Nate. "I understand mortals often are not eager to lose their memories when they leave. But if it is any comfort to your doubts, carry with you this. Your true honor shone through here, and that is something you carry with you always. Your mind may not remember, but your spirit remains. If you are ever again presented with such dire circumstances, you showed today you can rise to the occasion."

"Goodbye for now, Keldeo," Clink said quietly. They turned to follow the group through the portal. "And thank you all again."

One by one, the travelers returned through the portal, and from there back to their own homes, their own times. And even though the memories would be forgotten, Keldeo's words carried a weight that left their own imprint. If they could accomplish such feats here, they had proven the strength of their convictions in the face of formidable opposition.

<><><<>​

Partners
  1. suikaibuki
  2. ranyakumo
"And to think I could have been able to understand what Aeron was talking about when he said he used to be a human..."
"Used to be?" Nori queries, shrinking back defensively. He assumed this guy was a human once, so who or what did that to him?! Come to think of it though, weren't there rumors about someone who used to be a Pokemon? Probably just unfounded rumors in his case, but...

Other than that, he idles around for a while. Very blatantly too. Despite what he said to Nate, it's obvious he has something he doesn't exactly want to go back to. Ugh! Even if he had managed to bring her here in the water, she would forget! And they were going to make him too! And saying to carry whatever with them?! How?

He grumbles. Memory sealing was controversial in his world. It was used for anything from brainwashing to an extreme form of treatment for mental trauma. One of the problems was that it could come undone. And that meant he could defeat it. If they wanted his memories, they were going to have to pry each and every one of them away.

He doesn't say his plan out loud, of course. He wasn't about to take that chance. Like hell if he was going to let someone mess with his memories, what if they did something else or screwed something up? Plus if he could beat this, he could help out even more. It gives him the resolve to take a deep breath and march forward out of the portal with a steeled and defiant mind running. He wasn't sure how he was supposed to do this, so he just decided, willpower. Push back, push back, push back, no, no. Shut up, go away, shut up. This happened, that happened, and that too.

---​

Nori blinked. He almost lost his balance from how disoriented he was all of a sudden. Pachi rushed over to him and chirped in alarm, none the wiser.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," he said. But he wasn't. Something was...wrong. It was like the feeling of waking up from a dream. If he was sleeping though, shouldn't he have fallen over? What happened? Pachi ran somewhere all of a sudden. Then he followed. Then...then, he shudders at the thought. It festers in his mind: a whole ocean. Why was he thinking that? Was he daydreaming dread? He...probably had to...go somewhere...for his latest assignment. But no, not there! She was fine in lakes and creeks, he didn't have to go to the stupid beach!

The boy tapped his chin. Then he shook his head. Whatever that was wasn't important. He had to do something with Qwilfish, make some sort of progress before school on Monday.

He...would just have to figure out what. Thus, he continued doing what he was doing before this: wandering aimlessly while he tried to work up the guts to go somewhere a Qwilfish would be able to swim or float and make forward progress with her rehabilitation. he never does before heading home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom