• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"That seems to be what everyone tells me." Shiron deadpanned. "Guess only time will tell, just gotta enjoy this while I can."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Maybe, but I can't really pretend that I understand this thing entirely," Shiron said, taking a look at the book. "What're you reading, by the way?"

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"...And here I was hoping to find a comic book or something like that," Shiron rubbed the back of his head, chuckling.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Pretty much," he nodded. "Maybe some action-packed story, that kinda thing, if you catch my drift. Thanks for the tip!"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen grinned, pushing the book aside. "...Regardless of how this goes... I wish you the best, y'know, back home. And that's not just because I'm a Keeper of them, either!" He thumped his tail, showing his teeth with that smile of his. "I think if you can handle this, you can handle a lot more, too. So, good luck, y'know?"

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Shiron nodded again, waving at him. "Best of luck for you, too! And lemme know if you wanna do something later, gotta enjoy the time, eh?"

<><><><><><><><><><><>

R16 ~ Two Shades of Zeraora

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Usually when Luz swung by the library for something to occupy her nights, there was a decent chance she'd spot Lexx. Happened almost every third time, in fact. She'd give him a wave and he'd return a little nod and a smirk, and she'd ponder means of motivating him to get into a tussle of some kind. It was odd. They were both zeraora, their hosts were a pair, they were both unbothered by most things, and yet they'd never developed a rapport.

It was a shame, really, but there was never an incitement to change that status quo . . . until the Eterna storm 'hatched' them and their kin, giving Luz an unaccountably keen desire to talk about what that meant with another shade. One smarter than the average shade, ideally. So when Luz spotted him with a book in one paw and a mug of something hot in other at the library cafe, she joined him, gave a lazy salute, and leaned back in her chair.

"Howdy, fella," she drawled. "How's post-storm life with a fuller set of senses treatin' ya?"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
For a few seconds, Lexx didn't reply, though he'd heard Luz's words, and had to assume they were meant for him. Juuuuust needed to get to the end of the section he was reading and--there. He marked it with a claw and then gestured vaguely as a greeting. "Hey there. It's been alright. Can't really say that it's all brand new to me since I had memories of what it was like, even if they weren't mine. But hey, I'm not complaining. Makes it easier to test certain things in the lab." He drank a bit of his tea, which was probably still too hot for a regular Pokemon. Pain wasn't exactly on the list of things they'd acquired, though.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Luz chuckled. "The scientific applications of everythin' are foremost on yer mind as always, huh, fella? I've been wonderin' about that, actually. You learn anythin' much yet about us? Our kind, I mean. Ultra Shades, familiars, Void Eternas, or whathaveyou. You'd be the first one t'know if there was anythin' knowable, right?"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Lexx shrugged. "I helped Chip out with some experiments--turns out, there's a lot of things that are easier to get away with when there's a volunteer. But, eh, mostly just been busy catching up on all the stuff that it felt like I should've already known. It's pretty wild having memories of being good at things that you technically don't know anything about."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Luz grinned. "Yeah, I kinda get that. I got memories of bein' strong enough to stop a storm front, solo, an' here I am without half the strength of a reg'lar 'mon. Say, yer in a pretty unique position, as shades go. Ain'tcha? The only former human, as I understand it. What's that like?"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Lexx leaned back in his armchair, humming for a bit. "Yeah, it's pretty interesting--all my memories are of what it's like to be human, when I've technically never been one, and never will." He grinned. "Then again, sort of feels like a cheat code past what all the other shades were worried about. The thing I remember being is literally impossible to be--I don't have to try to be anything."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Luz waved a paw vaguely in a non-committal way.

"I guess some of us have been tryin' t'be what they remember bein'. I sure have. But you must've been apprised of Soul, fer instance? Lit'rally nothin' to go on, consumed by angst about what t'choose t'be. You might not've wasted effort tryin' to be the prime Lexx, but you had somethin' to go on from him as you built yerself, yeah?"

She smirked lightly to herself, remembering that he'd 'built himself' in response to her first hatching.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Lexx shrugged. "Trying to be what they remember, or not knowing what they wanted to be. Either way, it's trying to be something. I don't really care about being anything. I just want to know everything, that's all."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Luz raised an eyebrow. Everything, huh?

"Why do I get the feelin' that's exactly what yer source would say?"

She drummed the digits of one paw on her temple. "Y'sure took yer time selectin' a form to take, so yer not entirely indifferent. Nice choice, by the way. Very slick."

She smirked, though not without affection.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Lexx flashed a crooked grin. "Glad you approve." He leaned his head against his palm. "Just figured I'd go for something that could move around like a human and handle tech without much trouble. And the other me was a big fan of electric-types. Then you showed up and I'm like hey, that's perfect. But, y'know, I figured I'd add a bit of my own flare to it." He traced a claw along the glowing yellow lines on his arm, which were rather un-Zeraora-like.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Luz nodded appreciatively. It did suit him.

"Yeah, I wanted a spark of individuality myself. That's the silver-blue thing I got goin' on. Not really a Brisa thing or a Wanderin' Light thing. Just me. The body's obviously from my namesake, an' the other bits an' pieces are from Brisa. An' now I got fun stuff t'go with the amorphous shade body."

She snapped her mostly-solid digits and summoned a small sphere of plasma, with more control and power than she would have managed before her second hatching. She'd had decent power for a shade before. Now, she could really work on a repertoire of tricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom