• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Central Crossroads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Deoxys took everyone's Cores and put them in a bag. Then, he studied Vix before shoving her in the bag next, and then looked upward for the best place to start flying, taking off seconds later.

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
Deoxys' bag rattled, and a stealthy tendril of dark ectoplasm seeped out from a seam. It clung as close to the fabric of the bag as it could, although the whipping wind of Deoxys' flight still tore pieces of it away. It was impossible to hear over the sound of the wind, but one of the cores was cheering.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
‘…Well, doesn’t this look like one of those kidnappings from those thriller movies! Except that we’re brought to space… in a bag…’

There was a brief pause as Petram pondered about that bizarre situation. That wasn’t quite what he was expecting from a trip to space, but to heck with it! At least it wasn’t in the cliched rocket or anything like that.

‘…Awesome!’

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Deoxys flew for quite some time, and at this point they were quite far and away from Cibus, which now had the whole Mystery Continent visible to them from afar. Deoxys pivoted, aiming to go toward the moon next, which, if he recalled, would not be too far from this angle at this time of day.

And there it was, unassuming as always, though Deoxys slowed down once they were in a direct trajectory. He still seemed to have a bad feeling about this...

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
As Deoxys slowed down, Rocky's ectoplasm drew together and bulged out, forming an infernape head that protruded weirdly from a bag that was much too small to hold an infernape body. Rocky whooped, staring down at the outlines of the continents far below, the wisps of cloud and the blue edge of atmosphere where it met the vacuum of space. He'd never been up this high before! His core was starting to drift around inside Deoxy's bag as gravity fell away. They were really going to space! Mudkip was going to be so jealous!

Of course, if Deoxys was slowing down, that probably meant he didn't want to fly much farther. "Are you feeling okay?" he asked Deoxys, unsure whether the thin air would be enough to carry the sound of his voice.

Mudkip said Deoxys couldn't see Blacklight things. So Rocky turned his eyes to the moon instead, hoping to catch sight of what was making the alien pokémon uneasy.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Deoxys couldn't speak with them, and perhaps he didn't know how. He also wasn't aware of what was ahead of him--the moon, now that they were closer, had a noticeable splotch of darkness on a small portion of its surface. It churned and twisted around, flames of both light and shadow jumping around like a solar flare.

It seemed to intensify, like it was taking aim...

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Being out in space... feeling weightless, cold, embracing the darkness of the unknown... Vix was enjoying herself. Gods, it was so nice up here! Even the moon, dark splotch and all, was beautiful. A shame... it didn't really look like cheese. Or Ice Cream. Well, maybe that dark chunk was really dark chocolate.

Wait a second...

Vix rose out of Deoxys' bag, still holding onto it, and casted a thick veil of wax over Deoxys and the others, then again and again, then once more for good measure. "...Deoxys, get ready to head back to the planet."

Regardless of whether or not Deoxys was ready to retreat, Vix readied herself to absorb anything that might have been shot at them, creating two large, empty spheres above her. That shit on the moon was obviously corruption, lots of it. She might not be able to contain all of it, but anything she could contain was that much more that wouldn't hit them on their way back. Hell, if she needed to draw the laser away from the others...

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Vix- What do you see? What's up there?

The Shade slowly weaved a tendril out of the bag to look towards the moon as well. She immediately noticed the spheres and Vix's expression before she studied the moon's surface herself... What was...

Oh.

She tried to focus, to get a better look, to see who or what it might be, but at the same time;

Do you think we can dodge it- Tell Deoxys don't go in a straight line!

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"I sure as hell hope Deoxys can dodge it," Vix said, caustiously raising her Shadows. Shadows didn't hurt as much when you're shadowed, this was smart. Or maybe she should shine as bright as possible to attract it's attention? Would both work?

Vix hardly had the patience to think of the best choice, so she gave Deoxys the last familiars that were in her head and set a radiant flame ablaze. She slowly let go of Deoxys' bag, coating herself in another layer of wax. "Try not to retreat in a straight line, alright? Remember what Karat said, keep yourself safe. Do not come back for me!"

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
There's something charging up on the surface of the moon! I think it's going to shoot at us! Rocky thought at the others. More of his ectoplasm oozed from the bag, until he could form a torso and an arm with which to grip Deoxys' shoulder.

Vix was out coating everyone in wax. What do you mean, don't come back for you? Rocky thought at Vix. You don't have to go! I can protect us!

Rocky was ready to conjure a protect if anything came shooting at them--he only needed to block an attack once, and the recoil would send them all shooting back down to Cibus!

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Are you certain that a simple protect would actually be strong enough to protect against that?" Vix asked, although... she got herself ready to put up a protect barrier herself. "I'd rather risk one of us getting hit than all of us, especially since we have no idea how strong this attack might be."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"If this thing is attacking just me, then you won't need any of that!" Vix huffed back, causing her flame to grow brighter. Good, that was good. Anything to get her targeted over the others. "I'll be fine, Rocky. If I die, I'll just go back to Diyem. Deoxys doesn't have that luxury, and I am not going to sit here and find out what'll happen to you guys!"

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
You know that'll make Diyem really cranky, though. Can he even bring you back if we don't get energy from the Tree again? I don't think he wants to do that again, after what happened last time...

Rocky's ectoplasm rippled. Well, if you're sure you want to stay, I can stay, too! Then I can just teleport us down a bit, and we'll fall the rest of the way. How does that sound?

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Vix shook her head, still watching the moon. Gods she wished she could make more spheres for corruption; there was no telling how much was about to hit her. "I'd rather have Diyem be cranky about this, than you getting hurt with me. Trust me, Rocky. I'll be fine."

She'd be fine.

Vix would be fine.

As a member of Team Spectrum, she'd make it out of this ok. She believed that entirely.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Deoxys noticed all the hubbub but could not hear them in the vacuum of space. He flashed a few times, like he was trying to communicate some other way, and distorted psychic waves bombarded the team as Deoxys tried to communicate with them, but it seemed something was lost in translation. Perhaps only Karat could understand him.

But there was no time to think. The moon reacted--something fired. A massive beam of energy--black and white with flecks of silver and gold. Deoxys wasn't moving at all fast enough in trajectory, assuming that whatever was coming toward him was smaller than expected. In reality, the Blacklight flare was much larger than the Divine core... They had perhaps seconds to react.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom