• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Colosseum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Of course!" Toffee said, looking nervous, but she tried to push that away. "I'll do my best!" Then, with a firm nod, she rushed Brisa and spread her wings, cawing out a great battle cry. "Take this! Peck!"

Toffee used Peck, taking out one Protect shield!

Brisa: 690

Toffee: 1000

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Oh, bless. When Toffee had explained she wasn't much of a battler, Brisa hadn't realised she was a novice. Still, she must've become a corviknight somehow, right? And even on Cibus, pokémon grew from struggle and strife.

Brisa would do as she'd promised and go easy on her, all the same.

"Alright, Toffee, let's see ya handle a basic strike!"

Brisa took a deep breath and telegraphed a simple attack, without any typed energy channelled at all.

Brisa Focused!
Brisa used a basic strike!
Net: -40 Rad, -2 Stm, -30 hp.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's strike dealt 206 damage to Toffee! Toffee is Staggered!

"Ah!" Toffee chirped in surprise, not expecting such a devastating blow. "Y-you're strong..." She'd never expected to face someone with this kind of foreboding, powerful presence. Now that she was up close, trying to strike...

"But we're in front of a crowd, aren't we?" Toffee said, panting already. "I'll... I can take this. I know I have my inner strength! Peck!"

Toffee used Peck on Brisa, dealing a grazing 8 damage!

Brisa: 652

Toffee: 794

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
At this rate, Brisa could take out her opponent while hardly batting an eye. She didn't . . . really want to do that, but it wasn't fair to deny an opponent a little flair if they asked for some.

"Alright, Toffee, if'n y'wanna give 'em a show, let's do that!"

Brisa took a step forward, and shifted, seamless, and her next step was with a zeraora's hindpaw.

"I'm still warmin' up, mind you! Comin' atcha with a couple hits this time!"

Brisa Focused!
Brisa struck twice! [+8, Guts]
Net: -10 Rad, -4 Stm, +45 hp

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's strikes dealt a CRITICAL 281 and 233 damage to Toffee! Toffee got Staggered again!

The audience watched with mild interest, but they weren't sure why Toffee was there. Was Brisa trying to train her? Or was there some hidden talent that had yet to come free...?

"I'm... I'm not weak, you know," Toffee said. "I made it to the Guild... for good reason! Don't underestimate m-me! Peck!"

Toffee used Peck on Brisa, dealing a grazing 7 damage!

Brisa: 690

Toffee: 280

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Have it yer own way, Toffee! Show me what you've got!"

Brisa was prepared to take Toffee seriously. After all, Owen had looked concerned. And yet, Toffee seemed to be on her last legs... Perhaps she'd strike back with explosive fury when pushed to her absolute limits? Like a more extreme version of the 'blaze' technique that Starr relied on so much. Very well, if Toffee was gonna strike back hard, Brisa would be ready.

"Gimme yer best shot, Toffee! Now... Facade!"

Brisa Focused!
Brisa used Protect 4!
Brisa used Facade! [+8, Guts, NVE]
-10 Rad, -101 Stm, +45 hp

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's Facade dealt a CRITICAL 370 damage to Toffee!

Toffee cawed again in surprise and fell back, flopping limply on the ground.

Incineroar uncertainly announced, "A-and that seems to be the end of the match, folks! Toffee is--uh--..."

The vitality sensor went bac kup. In fact, not only did it go back up--it was back to full.

"Hold onto your seat, folks, it looks like... Toffee isn't through yet!"

The Corviknight staggered to her feet. "Ohh... yes, I remember now... that fighting spirit... that blood pumping...!"

Toffee is back up! Toffee gained the Sure Shot status!

Toffee used Fury Attack on Brisa, hitting five times! All of her shields were broken, and then she dealt a total of 8 damage to Brisa!

The audience watched again, uncertain. "It seems that Toffee is having trouble getting into the groove!" Incineroar said. "Could this be her limit...?"

Owen was making gestures from the stands. Something was coming, but perhaps Brisa could try to take Toffee down faster. She was starting to get agitated...

Brisa: 712

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Okay, plenty of attacks, renewed vitality, unerring accuracy . . . but not hitting hard. Not yet. There was worse to come, for sure.

"That's more like it!" she cried, then went in for a real attack, her fists glowing, full of hidden strength beneath her superheated corona.

[+8, Stab, Guts, Charge, SE, +300 Paralysis]
Brisa used Plasma Fists!
Brisa used Facade, twice!
+30 Rad, +30 Shd, -51 Stm

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's Plasma Fists dealt 1120 damage to Toffee!

In that single hit, Toffee was sent spiraling away, even after the incoming onslaught whiffed from Toffee flying so far back from the initial volley. The audience made various "Ooh"s and "Oww"s at how outmatched Toffee seemed to be. How had this been approved?!

And yet... the vitality sensor did not move. Toffee was back to her feet... There was a blank look in her eyes. A stare. Directly at Brisa...

"Uh oh," Owen mumbled, carrying over the relative silence of the crowd.

Toffee's Blackout activated!
Toffee gained Shield Breaker!
Toffee gained +4 Valor!

Toffee used Fury Attack on Brisa, dealing 68 damage total!
Toffee used Fly and is in the air!

Brisa: 652

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Toffee struck with incredible pinpoint attacks, but Brisa's only good option right now was more shields...

She braced herself for the coming hits.

Brisa Focused!
Brisa used Protect 5!
-90 Stm, +45 hp, [set to 30R/30S]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The onslaught continued, Toffee swooping down to clash against Brisa's barrier, destroying it outright, followed quickly by another flurry of blows.

"My goodness... It seems that Toffee has found her second wind! But it doesn't look like her attacks are doing very much! Could this be the end?!"

But despite this, Toffee ignored Incineroar's words. Perhaps she was ignoring everything in favor of one singular goal--defeating her target.

Toffee used Fly, breaking two of Brisa's barriers!
Toffee used Fury Attack, breaking the rest of Brisa's barriers and dealing 36 damage!

Brisa: 661

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
There was no way this was all Toffee had to bring to bear. Better not get cocky. Brisa paced herself, expecting another, worse assault...

[+8, SE, Stab, Guts, Charge]
Bolt Strike (400 para)
Plasma Fists (300 para)
Focus
Net: -38 Stm, Second Wind, +45 hp, [30/30]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's Bolt Strike dealt 1124 damage to Toffee! Toffee became Paralyzed! Toffee went down!

"Aaaah!"

Yet another shriek, and this time it looked like Brisa had truly hit her mark. Incineroar stared up at the vitality sensor again, watching the bar for Toffee rapidly deplete, and he held his breath this time. He didn't really know. He saw it rise a little, then fall again, just near the point where he'd normally call it.

"It... appears that--"

The air snapped and Incineroar himself was blown back several feet. He shouted and steadied himself, pinwheeling his arms--even Brisa was blown back a pace or two from the intense wind and light that radiated from Toffee.

"SKRAAAAAAAW!"

A pillar of silver light scorched the ground. Toffee's eyes were aglow. Incineroar said something but a gust of wind blew him away and cut his sentence off as he chased his microphone.

Toffee lost all her Resolve!
Toffee went up to +12 Valor!
Toffee gained immunity to status effects and debuffs!
Toffee gained immunity to critical hits!

Toffee shook off the Paralysis, but still only has two actions this turn, four the next!

"It... it appears that the cute r-receptionist from Poppin' Arms Guild has earned her place there by more than just her diligence! H-her power is overwhelming! What will Brisa--"

Toffee snarled at Incineroar.

"Yeep! Um, ahh, well--how will this fight play out?! We shall watch!"

Toffee stared at Brisa... and then disappeared. An instant later, Brisa was battered on all sides--and then finished with a horrible uppercut to the chest.

Toffee used Fury Attack on Brisa, dealing 108 damage total!
Toffee used Power Trip on Brisa, dealing 701 damage to Brisa! Brisa hung on with Second Chance! Brisa is Staggered!

Brisa: 1

Last edited:

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Fucking hell, that Power Trip..." Starr muttered to herself from the stands, wincing as Brisa was knocked flying. That sure as hell looked like the sort of move that'd put anyone in the dirt...

But no, somehow Brisa was pulling herself to her feet, still going. Unbelievable.

Starr jumped up from her seat and roared, "Kick her ass!"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Toffee's next assault would be her strongest yet, and she'd shaken off her paralysis, too... There was no surviving another offensive from the corviknight. Maybe if she put everything she had into bracing herself...

"Kick her ass!"

Nah.

Let's do this.

Brisa took sharp, shallow breaths as she ran from the far end of the arena, picking up the pace, tactical options slamming through her mind as she approached her berserking opponent. She'd dodge whatever Brisa threw at her first, but Brisa could hit her after that. Feint first? Even if she saved her charged power for after the feint, Toffee was remarkably strong... There was nothing for it but an all-out Blacklight combination attack.

She was good at those.

Brisa's limbs wreathed themselves in darkness while tethers of light spun out to score hits against Toffee. She couldn't hear Brisa's heart while out of her mind like this. That was okay. The Radiance would still sear. The Shadows would still broil. Her finishing move was coming soon...

[Guts, Stab]
Brisa Overcharged a Whiplash! [+8, SE]
Brisa Overcharged a Whiplash! [+8, SE]
Brisa used Blacklight Z-Burst! [196bp, +10, UE]

It was smooth, deliberate, almost easy. A pity the crowd couldn't see the Blacklight.

Brisa looked up from the dust where she'd landed, and waited to see if Toffee had gone down for good this time...

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's first Shining Whiplash dealt a grazing 105 damage to Toffee!
The second Shining Whiplash dealt 440 damage to Toffee!
Brisa's Blacklight Z-Burst dealt 939 damage to Toffee! Toffee was truly KOed!

"SKRAAAaaaaaa..."

The cry faded out with the final Blacklight explosion, splitting apart the land and leaving Toffee in its wake, unconscious. And this time, the vitality sensor was properly down.

"And that... seems to be..." Incineroar tip-toed over to Toffee to check. "...it! Toffee is down! The winner is... Brisa of Team Spectrum!"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa sank to her knees and let the plasma wash over her, restoring her, slowly. She rested. She focused away the residual Blacklight. It seemed like damn near every fight lately had her winning while one hit from passing out. But she did win.

She approached Toffee with caution, not entirely sure if the corviknight would still be berserk...

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa helped Toffee to her feet, and supported her weight as much as she could. The bird was just large, though, and heavy with metal.

"Toffee, I'm awful flattered, but y'should know, y'nearly took me out. Pushed me to my darn limits, darlin'."

Brisa chuckled. How did Toffee really have no idea?

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"...I think I won't be taken for a fool, Brisa," Toffee said with a modest giggle. "You had me down easily. I don't recall making a single scratch on you! ...Why do you look so roughed up, dear?"

Truffle came flying in next, but he stopped midway, like he wasn't sure how to approach. There was an odd glint in his eye, like he was star-struck. Owen, meanwhile, was even further back, but his big grin was visible even from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom