• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Blushes New

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
“... Add a little powder here, some gloss there and a bit of white mascara. Voila! You look absolutely dashing, Zeal. Graceful and elegant like a proper and beautiful vixen!” Pixels said, placing back the makeup product in their little boxes.

She certainly did an amazing job if she could say so herself. It was really a challenge getting the right amount on the Zorua’s black fur but the end result was worth the effort.

“Ooh really? Do I look elegant and beautiful, Evie? Do I? Do I?” Zeal said, bouncing on the tips of her paws and giving her big sister an expectant look.

Her big sister was Evie, the coolest Pokémon Pixels had ever met, stood there with a stoic and calm look though after a few weeks of staying with the vixen, even Pixels could tell that Evie had a very soft spot for her sister and it probably wouldn't take long before she–

“You're the cutest and prettiest little princess in this world, Zeal.”

–caved.

“Yay, I'm the world’s prettiest Zorua!” Zeal skipped around, the aura of joy breaking down whatever pitiful defenses Evie had left and she smiled back, looking like her heart had practically melted.

It was hard to believe the doting Pokémon that was visibly gushing out over her sister was the same one that had saved her from that scary bug lady and beat up that giant Pokémon. Evie looked so cool and awesome when she saved Pixels, the way she moved while she fought, the elegance, the charm, the glamour. It came as a surprise when Pixels asked her what conditioner she used to make her fur so silky smooth and received an answer that made the little Vulpix green with envy.

Pixels spent a huge amount of time everyday making herself look as beautiful as possible and yet Evie didn't need to do any of that. She was just a natural beauty!

“You did a great job,” Evie said. The unexpected compliment making the Vulpix blush.

Pixels absentmindedly fiddled with her scarf. “Th-thanks, Miss Evie. My-my mommy and daddy taught me everything I know so um, I…” A stray thought came to her. How much more beautiful would Evie look if she applied makeup? Could Pixels even do her justice?

“Now what did I say about calling me ‘Miss’. You know I'm not that much older than you,” Evie said with mocked exasperation.

“Oh-oh right, miss–I mean Evie. I…” Pixels trailed off, eyes darting around, the question still lingering in her mind but she didn't know how to quite voice it.

“Is something the matter?” Evie asked with a quirked brow.

“It's uh, nothing, Evie… I just um…” Okay, she was making things awkward now. Ah, why words hard say when with idol?

“Ooh, I know!” Zeal exclaimed, breaking the tension before it became suffocating. “She must want you to wear makeup too. She’s always talking about how pretty you are and how she could make herself be like–”

“Ah! Zeal, you can't just say that in front of her!” The blush spreading across her cheeks glowed so hot if she had lesser control over her flames she was sure she’d spontaneously combust out of embarrassment.

When Evie turned to face her with an amused smirk, she averted her eyes and hid her face, not wanting her idol to see her flushed cheeks.

“Oh really?”

Pixels didn't trust herself to speak and nodded instead.

“See? See? I was right!” Pixels could practically hear the smile in the Zorua’s voice.

“Heh.” Evie chuckled. “If that's all, then I'm sure I can indulge in your request.”

Pixels froze. Did she hear that correctly? She glanced at her idol in shock. “R-really?”

“Why not?” She shrugged. “I’ve had our local Chansey brush my hair before. It couldn't be anything different than that.”

With those words, the shock and apprehension vanished, replaced by glee and joy that rivalled Zeal herself. “You won't be disappointed!” She squeed, gathering her supplies and preparing for her biggest project ever!

“Woohoo! I'm gonna have the prettiest sister ever!”

A Confession (Non-Pokémon) New

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
The cool winds of the night blew against her hair, the view of the city below her was as breathtaking as ever. The lights, the nightly commune of the people, what they said about New York City was true as even this late out, there were still dozens of cars and people sprawling about.

Jane, or to the average folk, Distortia was propped against the ledge of a building, her costume, a dark blue dress with patterns akin to the night sky billowed in the chilly breeze. She took in a breath, the smoky, polluted air of the city was something she had long since gotten used to with how frequent she moved. Her legs dangled over the edge, a grin stretched across her cheeks and her eyes glinted behind the eye mask, trailing across her fellow vigilante crouching beside her.

"... wait, so you're telling me that your hair's not naturally like that?" The lens on his mask widened in surprise which for a guy wearing full spandex and a face mask, he was fairly expressive.

"Yup." She nodded, taking another bite out of her cupcake. "Did you really think I'd use my natural hair color without a mask like yours? That's just asking for people to unmask me."

He stared at her with an incredulous look and after a bit of internal confliction, he asked, "H-how?" Not gonna lie, it was pretty funny seeing his face of utter shock. He probably thought that she'd dye her hair every time she went into costume.

Snorting at the thought, Distortia shook her head. "Well, it turns out gravity and physics aren't the only things I'm capable of manipulating." She grinned, quirking a brow as she relished in the questioning gaze. "How did you think I manage to move the stars in my costume?" To futher emphasize her point, she waved a hand through her hair, willing the ponytail into a dark crimson before it turned back to its usual white.

Of course, she wasn't speaking the entire truth. Her hair was indeed naturally white, she just made it a tad bit darker to mess with people in case they could spot her little white lie. Heh heh. Man, talking to people about her powers was so much fun. The only time she'd ever done this was–never mind. She didn't want that particular train of thought to ruin the moment.

Smirking, she glanced back at the masked vigilante. "You can stop trying to imagine me as a brunette or a blonde, Spidey. My hair's not that interesting."

The resulting sputters from Spider-Man were just a delight to hear.

Top Bottom