• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] Humble Vale Mafia

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"Well, first time I was dragged out to another world I had to be a hero and save it, then went back home, and every now and then I just kinda left to this fun in-between dimension on accident," Kora began, floating off the ground to be eye-level with Palkia. "Then, when I wanted to go there on purpose, I just kinda focused real head and I did."

"Helps that I'm not exactly... "as packaged,"" Kora snickered, booping Palkia's nose and snapping his claws. A wave of dark energy washed over him, and he looked like Palkia, exactly so. "Basically, I'm just Kora!" he grinned, snapping once again, and going back to normal.

Palkia was silent for several seconds, before he laughed loudly. "Ha! Good one, dude. Nice magic trick. You're just a Zoroark, and they're known for being able to do some real freaky bullshit. Thankfully they're extinct back in my... home dimension, so to speak."

Every interaction only drove Palkia closer to the edge of paranoia... or insanity? He needed to get out of here as soon as possible. None of this was right. This universe didn't exist, as far as he knew. It couldn't.

But one question plagued his mind more than anything: Is this where Chappie disappeared to?

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
"The world is an unforgiving place and won't have spare a second thought for his sob story. Coddling him will only make him sorry later down the line. It may seem harsh now, but he'll be thankful later," Mademoiselle dismissed. "Although... Something he said interests me."

[[
SANS MAKE HER PUT A NICKEL IN THE JAR

It's pretty early, but I feel like I can put enough point into my kinda-at-least-a-tiny-bit townread pile, that I feel like I could post my thoughts. First of all, I am obviously not voting for myself. Next--I'm not going to say these people are innocent per se--but I don't want to try a lynch on them today:
  1. IFBench (Gen the Oshawott) -- "Prank calls" are in this game, and there's no reason why a scum couldn't have the ability, but it would be kinda odd for Mafia to be able to send (limited) messages
  2. Inkedust (Mademoiselle the human who looks like a Yveltal) -- the nature of her claim makes me doubt it's fake. she's the one I think is most like to be innocent
  3. Panoramic_Vacuum (Steven Stone the human) -- we've been chatting last night and throughout the evening--she seems good
  4. unrepentantAuthor (Salem the Purrloin morph) (pets kitty) -- vibes, admittedly weakest read
That leaves seven people, 3ish of whom would be scum. I'm going to sort them based on their activity, with some observations with that focus.

Contributing to strategizing (in rough order):
  • DawningWinds -- DawningWinds is acting like typical DawningWinds, that is to say their posts are brusque and game-focused
  • AbraPunk (Palkia the Palkia) -- doing more right away compared to last time
  • Flyg0n (Possum the living god) - is analyzing through possum
  • kyeugh (kyeugh) -- memes, some analysis but it kinda strikes me as mechanic stuff that I don't regard too highly
  • HelloYellow17 (Rui the human) - analysis good for low amount of posts (she's doing stuff irl)

Mostly roleplaying, meming, or inactive:
  1. Sinderella (Guzma, ya boy) -- hasn't shown up yet
  2. Fusion (Kora the Zoroark) -- only rping, but just showed up

I'm going to bed in an hour and won't target anyone unless things get dramatic, but I'll join DW in throwing votes around tomorrow.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Palkia was silent for several seconds, before he laughed loudly. "Ha! Good one, dude. Nice magic trick. You're just a Zoroark, and they're known for being able to do some real freaky bullshit. Thankfully they're extinct back in my... home dimension, so to speak."

"Hm? Oh, no, this isn't a trick," Kora said, floating back up to Palkia. "Other Zoroarks just make things look like they're there. But I can just, you know, make things. And be things." He snapped his claws again, turning back into Palkia, and held up his claw. A very long sub sandwich appeared in it, and he offered it to Palkia. "Salami, pastrami, ham, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and I kept the sauces separate."

Another snap of his claws, and a bottle of ketchup and jar of mayo appeared, floating beside his head. "I also got honey mustard, but these are usually people's go-tos."

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
All I can say is that from the last game I played with her (when she didn't die immediately) is that she seemed more "into" the game, strategizing and all, more from the start than now. I know she's an experienced player.
well, you must understand that i was a different person in those days. back then, i was consumed by the systematic analysis of posts. was this sentence wolfy wifom spew scumtell? or was it omgus towny derpclear? this gradual, methodical accretion of ten thousand micoreads to construct an understanding of the threadstate from the bottom up felt like the rational way to approach solving the game. after all, mafia is a game of information. it follows that the only way to win is to steep yourself in that information, understand it totally… or obscure and distort it. i dedicated myself to this pursuit furiously. yet time and time again, i found myself deceived by a wily mafioso, or outwitted by a sharp-eyed villager. how could this happen? i followed all the rules. i adhered strictly, unyieldingly, to the chains of logic that bind the game and all the actions and interactions that occur within it. but this was not enough. maddened, i fled to the mountains of appalachia, situating myself in a fog-cloaked vale far from the lights of east coast civilization. i told the locals to bring to me each day a thimble of whiskey and a half cup of oats. mystified, they granted this paltry request. and so for two years i sustained myself in this manner, never more than a thread’s breath from total physical deprivation, and i sought the answers. they did not come easily at first. too ingrained were the teachings of the mafia intelligentsia, the notions of “good play” and “impeccable logic” written by the revered hands so long ago. the deprogramming process was extraordinarily difficult and painful. but after a year, i found myself a blank slate, ready to learn again. dispossessed of those primitive concepts of “evidence,” i turned my eyes inward, and i found. mafia is not really a game of information or logic, you see. it is a game of emotion, snap reactions, of persuasion and delusion and self-persuasion and self-delusion. these are not functions of the mind. they are functions of the soul. long did i reflect on these facts on under foggy mount. finally, after two years of grueling mafia meditation, i stepped away from my mossy perch with a new understanding, borne of deep analysis into the machinations of the spirit. no more pseudo-mathematical logical constructions for me. no more lowly reliance on analysis (in hindsight, a laughable concept in a game where no information can be accepted as unquestionably true). instead i have developed my intuition to a degree that borders on the psychic or preternatural, and by god, the results cannot be disputed. you may laugh at my approach. you may place your vote on me. you may do whatever you wish. but in the end, you will see your folly. you will realize that the read i expressed, which seemed poorly considered or hasty to you, was in fact more solidly constructed than any read you have seen before, supported by pillars rooted deeply in dimensions that were previously unknown entirely to you. you will see the unknowable wisdom of my posting, the suggestions of understanding on the edges of my words that hint at a greater understanding than you are currently capable of contextualizing. and you, too, shall for the first time see a glimmer of truth in a game that seemed truthless.

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
"You can have some of mine," Kora said, reaching into his mane and pulling out a handful of bacon. He then ate it without a second thought, holding out a golden coin with his other paw. "...I forgot I had this."

Mademoiselle eyed the coin before accepting it with a polite "thank you", admiring the zoroark's life-like illusions, before putting it in the jar that had suddenly manifested.

[[I think it's a bit too early to make any definitive reads outside of claims, as I know some players like to essentially "ease into" the game with some RP and the like, but I will side-eye them if they aren't contributing fully tomorrow.]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
nevermind vote: q

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
All of that noise

Kora hiccuped, holding his head. "Wh-What is that?! Why is that? H-How?!"

Mademoiselle eyed the coin before accepting it with a polite "thank you", admiring the zoroark's life-like illusions, before putting it in the jar that had suddenly manifested.

"You're welcome," Kora chirped, then proceeded to go back to crumbling under whatever the hell word-brick was dropped on his head. In his head.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen clutched onto his reunion cape, trembling as he waddled over towards Amy and Steven

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"Hm? Oh, no, this isn't a trick," Kora said, floating back up to Palkia. "Other Zoroarks just make things look like they're there. But I can just, you know, make things. And be things."

"Well, whatever. Same thing, really--"

He snapped his claws again, turning back into Palkia, and held up his claw. A very long sub sandwich appeared in it, and he offered it to Palkia. "Salami, pastrami, ham, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and I kept the sauces separate."

Another snap of his claws, and a bottle of ketchup and jar of mayo appeared, floating beside his head. "I also got honey mustard, but these are usually people's go-tos."

Palkia just stared for a long time. He really didn't trust this supposedly god-like Zoroark (because, aside from one occasion that may or may not have involved Palkia himself, it was impossible for a regular pokemon to ascend to godhood). Actually, he wasn't sure he trusted anybody here. Not quite yet, anyways.

Nevertheless, his primal desire for sandwiches won out in the end, and he grabbed the sandwich from the Zoroark. "Thanks." He muttered before he walked a fair distance away.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Gen clutched onto his reunion cape, trembling as he waddled over towards Amy and Steven

Amy quickly ushered Gen outside without touching him. She gave a look at Madameselle, but she was distracted by the newcomer. Amy thought it was best to get this kid out of here; he wa so scared and confused. At the same time, though, she felt guilty for leaving the other people behind to deal with everything.

But maybe it would be best if she took a moment too. Breathe, breathe Amy, she said to herself. Thankfully, talking with Steven made her feel a bit more confident, but still. She wasn't sure her brain has totally accepted this all yet. Her heart pounded a little more quickly than usual, and she kept feeling like sparks were rising on her skin.

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
"i appreciate your co-operation, ma'am," said sans, putting the jar back in his pockets with a wink. "would you like to view the rest of your bill now or at a later time?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Fry wondered if it was wise to be so hasty to get rid of anyone when there may well be unusual or weird ways to win such a game. He awaits further information.

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Steven kneeled down as Gen approached, and offered a hand. He'd be too tall to hold Gen's hand on the way, but he hoped the gesture was reassuring enough. "Let's go to the store, Gen. I think a break from all this is the right idea. Besides, I'm definitely going to need more coffee to wrap my head around this."

As they left for the store, Steven regarded the Possum with a curious look. Despite having never encountered one of that species before, he had a feeling they both were thinking the same thing.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Th-thanks," Gen said, briefly taking Steven's hand, before letting go as Steven stood back up.

He waddled towards the store alongside Steven and Amy.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Kora shook his body, going back to his Zoroark self. He noticed Gen going off with some other peeps, and a proud smile grew along his snout. "You have fun little buddy," he muttered, then fell flat on his face.

...He started snoring.

...He also started eating something.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Palkia walked far away from everyone else.

He just... really needed to process all of this.
He needed to be alone.

He sat with his back against the wall of some building. A phone appeared out of nowhere, and some music started playing out of it.

Palkia sighed in contentedness as he ate his sandwich and vibed to the music.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
"would you like to view the rest of your bill now or at a later time?"

Mademoiselle didn't answer the skeleton's question, choosing instead to focus on the ongoing conversation. Most of it seemed meaningless, they'd never get to the bottom of anything at this rate. They needed something else, a proper lead. The crying Oshawott's claim of being able to send a message to someone else got her mind turning, leading her to ask, "Has anything else of note happened to anybody in the night? Like, some kind of sign of interaction?"

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Yeah, the scum-lean's not super strong or anything, I've seen people do this that are both town and scum (but I feel like the scum go for it quicker). But like I said my votes got nowhere better to be so until it does or until q says/does makes me not lean scum on her at all, its gonna be there.
“Um, excuse me,” Rui said with a raised hand, “I’m sorry, but I’m a little confused. Why are you suspicious of…” she stole a glance at the massively oversized man (good gods, she didn’t know it was possible to be so huge) before continuing. “Of him? Sorry, I don’t know your name.” She bowed her head to him apologetically.

“I mean, all he said was that he agrees with your thoughts, right? I guess I don’t understand why that would make him suspicious. Shouldn’t we try to get more information first?”
IFBench (Gen the Oshawott) -- "Prank calls" are in this game, and there's no reason why a scum couldn't have the ability, but it would be kinda odd for Mafia to be able to send (limited) messages
This was news to Rui. “Prank calls? What are those? Did someone say that’s a thing?”
Fry wondered if it was wise to be so hasty to get rid of anyone when there may well be unusual or weird ways to win such a game. He awaits further information.
She still wasn’t sure how she was able to understand this little creature’s thoughts, but she was glad she could. Rui flashed him a smile. “I agree!” She crouched down to level with him. “What can I call you little guy?”

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
She still wasn’t sure how she was able to understand this little creature’s thoughts, but she was glad she could. Rui flashed him a smile. “I agree!” She crouched down to level with him. “What can I call you little guy?”
Fry liked this Tailless, for now at least. Of course, she was welcome to name him what she saw fit. He liked collecting names.

He decided he would name her... Mango. Perfect. He could think of no better name. Of course, it was possible she already had one...

Top Bottom