• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokémon Bidoof Quest [Threadventure - suggestions welcome!]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Have that Poury-gon pop back in your head and drive you crazy.
047.gif

Oh no, not again! Your increased ALCOHOL LEVEL makes it difficult to get the thought out of your head. Who is Pourygon? What is Pourygon? Why is Pourygon?

You waste several minutes zoned out thinking about this.

>Well, since you’re not interested in PROVING YOUR STRENGTH in the forest, we might as well socialize. Of course, Sparkles and Fuse are back in town again… better skedaddle before they see you.
> See who else is still left at the bar
048.png

It looks like everyone has left except for Zor. He runs the local daycare and hatchery. It looks like he stopped here for lunch with his two full-time charges, Avey (the shuppet) and Myoshi (the phantump). After a moment of consideration, you decide that it would be a good idea to give him a heads-up about the situation outside. The kids may be ghosts, but you're not sure it would be a good idea to let them see the wounded sneasel right now. You wave a paw to get Zor's attention, then head over to speak with him. His voice is as monotone as always.

Baru: Hey Zor, can I talk to you for a moment?
Zor: Be my guest. What can I do for you?
Baru: I just, uh, wanted to let you know that there was a scene going on outside. Looks like Fuse and Sparkles found and injured traveler and brought him back for help. They were still in the square when I looked. You might want to take the kids back the long way.
Zor: That is useful information. Thank you, Baru.
Baru: ...
Zor: Did you need something else? Or were you hoping for a bite of my cake.
Baru: No! No. I just got to wondering how the eggs are doing.
Zor: Ah. Well, I have good news. One of them looks to be just days from hatching. Isn't that wonderful?
Baru: It is. It is.
Zor: Perhaps one day you'll be ready to have eggs of your own.
Zor: ...
Baru: Uh... change of subject. Hey, Avey. What are you drawing?
Avey: Mmmshi.
Zor: I think he means, Myoshi.
Avey: Mhmm!
Baru: That's adorable. And what about you, Myoshi? What are you up to.
Myoshi: I stay still as death, posed for my dark portrait. But even the master artist cannot capture the depths of my tormented soul.
Baru: U-uh... that's... nice?
Myoshi: R-really? I've been practicing my poetry.
Zor: Indeed, and I think he's been getting quite good.
Baru: U-um... sure!
Baru: Anyways, I should probably get going.

> Contemplate praying that you can avoid Sparkles coming into the bar
049.png

You turn to leave, hoping to slip past Sparkles and the commotion outside undetected. But to your horror, Sparkles and Fuse enter the bar. This presents a problem. You cannot exit without walking past them, something that's sure to cause an awkward conversation. What will you do?

Bee

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
She/her
>Oh no, she’s gonna think that Zor is your date!! Quick, look miserable and come up with a story about how your suitor was a no-show scoundrel!

Meridian

local liminal entity
Pronouns
any/all
> Stand behind Zor to block line of sight, and shimmy shimmy shimmy in the opposite direction they're heading so you can make it to the door

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Put on your emergency Sparkles-avoider disguise and run!!!
050.png

You don't have a disguise in your BAG!

> Stand behind Zor to block line of sight, and shimmy shimmy shimmy in the opposite direction they're heading so you can make it to the door
051.png

You have one good idea.

>Oh no, she’s gonna think that Zor is your date!! Quick, look miserable and come up with a story about how your suitor was a no-show scoundrel!
052.png

You have zero good ideas.

Baru: H-hey Sparkles. What are you doing here?
Sparkles: I could ask you the same thing.
Baru: W-well I was just getting lunch is all.
Sparkles: What a coincidence, so are we! We could eat together.
Sparkles: By the way, what happened to your date?
Baru: O-oh, him? I kinda got stood up. What a disappointment right?
Sparkles: *giggle*
Baru: What's so funny?
Sparkles: Nothing, nothing.
Sparkles: It's just.
Sparkles: You're really committed to the bit. I wish I had a fake boyfriend to get me out of obligations!

053.png

Uh Oh, the jig is up.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Super glad to see this back! :quag:

> Your boyfriend's realness attribute is extremely high! It's just he wasn't able to come because, uh... he turned out to be allergic to wood!

Bee

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
She/her
> Okay, okay, she’s figured you out… you were actually waiting for a girl. Happy now??

JuegAriel

exists
Pronouns
he/him
> He's not fake, just... um... from another dimension! Long-distance relationships are a big thing nowadays!

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Super glad to see this back! :quag:

> Your boyfriend's realness attribute is extremely high! It's just he wasn't able to come because, uh... he turned out to be allergic to wood!
> Okay, okay, she’s figured you out… you were actually waiting for a girl. Happy now??
> He's not fake, just... um... from another dimension! Long-distance relationships are a big thing nowadays!
054.gif

Conflicting explanations rush through your mind.

Baru: I—
Baru: It's not—
Baru: I meant—

055.gif

056.png

Baru has passed out. For now, you can no longer be Baru. Please select another named character.

Author's note said:
The most popular voted option will be selected. If there is a tie for first, then the option that was voted for first will be selected.

Meridian

local liminal entity
Pronouns
any/all
>Clearly, we should be Pourygon.

> Be Zor
> Zor: Have the sudden realization that you're tired from standing
> Zor: Plop down on the ground

> Ametri. Its Sneaselin time

Top Bottom