• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokémon Bidoof Quest [Threadventure - suggestions welcome!]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
001.png

A young bidoof stands in her bedroom. It just so happens that today, a lovely summer morning, is not particularly important at all. What will her name be?​

This is a parody threadventure of Places We Call Home, originally made for April Fools 2023. It may include dark themes in it similar to those found in PWCH. Currently, there is a content warning for: blood{/spoiler]

Last edited:

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Bidoof’s name will be Baru. It’s a very good and original name. 👌
002.gif

003.png

Your name is BARU. You have a variety of interests, which include Working, Eating Wood, Swimming, Working, Wood Whittling, Sunbathing, Quiet Evenings at the Local Tavern, and Avoiding Certain Pokemon that will not yet be named. Oh, and did you mention Working?

As mentioned before, today is not anything particularly exciting. It is your day off work from the family business, and you haven't made any particular plans. It's a beautiful day outside. What will you do?

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Examine the doll by my bed.
004.png

It's not a doll! This is one of your favorite wood whittling projects. Deerlings and sawsbuck are such majestic creatures. Trotting across the plains which such poise and grace, understanding the importance of family and togetherness and protecting each other from the dangers of the wilderness. If you were a deerling, perhaps you could enjoy the nomadic life. But alas, you are not, and it is much safer for a bidoof to live in villages, protected from the outside threat of hungry wildeners.

Unfortunately, you realized later that you put the flower in the wrong spot on the deerling. It's diminished your pride in the piece in recent times. You'll have to make a new one sometime soon.

Last edited:

Bee

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
She/her
The flower isn’t in the wrong spot, you’ve clearly made the conscious decision to make it special and unique! This is your own original Deerlingsona!

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
The flower isn’t in the wrong spot, you’ve clearly made the conscious decision to make it special and unique! This is your own original Deerlingsona!
005.png

Now there's an interesting idea... Yeah.. you could write a whole story about her. You could call her... Maru! She's a Very Important deerling that travels around the world, selling her wares to all the towns and cities and villages. She's scared of nothing and no one and she refuses to take any nonsense. and everyone admires her for how hard working she is. You could write a whole book about her! Maybe you could take inspiration for other characters from other pokemon living around your village. You can already think of one antagonist. An obsessive pokemon that just wont. Leave. Maru. Alone. And who talks over everyone.

This is incredibly silly.

The Walrein

Vicinal Dragging for the Truth
Partners
  1. gulpin
  2. kricketot
  3. bulbasaur
>Leave your room and go visit your village's most famous attraction, the legendary Object That Is Extremely Difficult To Draw, a magnificent monument resplendent in artistically-challenging details, every single of one of which must be included in any visual representation of the object to be able to make any sense of it at all.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
> go outside and see what's up with your family!
006.png
You exit your bedroom and come across your mom, Baku, preparing lunch in the livingroom.

Baru: Hi mom!
Baku: Hi, dear. How are you this morning?
Baru: I'm doing well. I was thinking about heading into town. Do you need anything?
Baku: Oh, no thank you. Your father and brother already left, and your brother already promised to bring back fresh berries for dinner.
Baru: Oh, okay. I'll see you tonight I guess?
Baku: Of course. Have fun!

007.png

Sure enough, your dad and brother are already gone. You guess you'll just have to catch them in town later.

>Leave your room and go visit your village's most famous attraction, the legendary Object That Is Extremely Difficult To Draw, a magnificent monument resplendent in artistically-challenging details, every single of one of which must be included in any visual representation of the object to be able to make any sense of it at all.
008.png

You reach town square and come across its main attraction: a giant statue dedicated to Regigagas. It's craftswork is impeccable. Chiseled stone formed just right to match the shape as is described in legends. Every day, worshipers gather themselves here to prostrate themselves at its feet. Pilgrims leave offerings, in hopes that one day it might grace them with its presence.

009.png

Yeah, you really hate this thing.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
> Draw a moustache on the statue as a power move.
010.png

Oh, you just had the most EXCELLENT idea. Luckily, you ALWAYS keep a piece of charcoal handy. Never know when you might need it for work!

011.png

Unfortunately, you are not very tall, so you will have to settle for drawing on the base instead.

> Oh no! Behind you--is that one of the Pokemon who shan't be named?
012.png

???: Yooo hooo! Baru!

Oh no. Ohhhhh no. It's her. The mayor's daughter, and her absol body guard. ... What were their names again?

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Ugh! It’s that ditzy doofus, Sparkles!
Dimmer and Fuse
013.gif

Uhg, NOT SPARKLES! Oh, but Fuse is ok enough you guess.

Sparkles is peppy to an extreme, and never stops talking. It doesn't help that she has an obsession with your brother, to a frankly unhealthy degree. And she can't take a hint. Heck, she wouldn't be able to take a hint if it bit her! Which you've almost done. Several times. She doesn't know how to take no for an answer either. Probably because her dad spoils her rotten.

Fuse, on the other hand, is much more laid back. Maybe even to a fault. No one has more trouble saying no to Sparkles than her. Which, in your opinion, isn't that great for a body guard. But she's otherwise a nice enough pokemon, and she genuinely does her best to look out for Sparkles. She's also a suprisingly nice conversationalist.

Quick! Erase da mustache!
014.png

Oh yeah, you DID just deface public property. Sparkles is unpredictable - you don't have a clue how she'd react to vandalism of beloved statues. You really hope these two didn't see you. It's a bit too late to erase it, so you do your best to hide it by standing up in front of it.

Baru: O-oh. Hi, Sparkles. Fuse. Fancy seeing you here. Lovely day, isn't it?
Sparkles: Yes it is! It's good to see you Baruru. You haven't seen your brother around, have you? I was hoping to talk to him!
Sparkles: Are you feeling okay? I'm feeling bad vibes offa you!
Baru: NEVER BETTER! I haven't seen my brother today, sorry!He was gone when I woke up! You should search somewhere far away from here for sure!
Sparkles: Awww, that's too bad. What do you think, Fusey?
Fuse: ...
Sparkles: You always know just what to say!
Sparkles: Fuse says you should come and hang out with us instead! We're about to go out looking for wild berries!
Baru: Out? Into the forest?
Sparkles: Where else?

Oh, that won't do. That won't do at all. The forest is full of nasty things. Small little critters aren't so bad, but then there's big nasty carnivores that would gobble a bidoof like you up for a snack.

Baru: Fuse, you're just ok with this?
Fuse: I can take care of us. It's fine. No one would dare bother us while I'm around, I'm sure.
Baru: That's... not reassuring.
Baru: A-anyways. I can't go with you guys because... because...

Bee

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
She/her
Oh no, aw geez. What kind of excuse would someone like Sparkles understand? Work obligations? No no, she’d drag you away for a forced vacation. Say you’re sick? But your family never gets sick! Uhh, um… oh! You came to pray to Regigigas for good luck because… youuuu’re… about to go on a date!!

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
I hurt my paw, and K.S. says I need some lint rollers for my pink Mew fur.
Actually, I don't think that would work, since it's in RL, so...

I'm allergic to wood.
015.png

Baru: I'm allergic to wood!
Sparkles: ...

016.png

Yeah that's not going to work. Better come up with something else fast.

Oh no, aw geez. What kind of excuse would someone like Sparkles understand? Work obligations? No no, she’d drag you away for a forced vacation. Say you’re sick? But your family never gets sick! Uhh, um… oh! You came to pray to Regigigas for good luck because… youuuu’re… about to go on a date!!

015.png

Baru: I'm about to go on a date!
Sparkles: ...
Sparkles: Oh. My. Gosh! This is amazing. YOU a DATE! I'm so proud of you! You just have to tell me, who's the lucky mon?

Oh man, aw jeeze, you didn't think this far. What are you going to tell her now? Who's your date!

Top Bottom