• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokémon Bidoof Quest [Threadventure - suggestions welcome!]

Bee

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
She/her
That’s a young Espurr tho, eating meat that was presumably served by the establishment itself. Wouldn’t we be going up to an actual small child and traumatizing them with our vegan spiel? Gonna get our head popped off by an angry Meowstic! Bidoof Pot Pie for dinner tonight!

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Seriously you all are driving me to go vegan.... Yuck...

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
That’s a young Espurr tho, eating meat that was presumably served by the establishment itself. Wouldn’t we be going up to an actual small child and traumatizing them with our vegan spiel?
And that's exactly why we should do that! You gotta teach 'em young and teach 'em right! That added trauma is just a plus in my books! (Also it'd be really funny to see if wind will take any of this into consideration)

Last edited:

Bee

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
She/her
Now, we could give her a name like Blessra or Tessa, something similar to a named Espurr in the clearly inferior and totally abandoned written story… but this is the new and improved tale! I vote for Kiki or Jiji!

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
(( Gotta say the illustrations have been a BLAST so far. Love Baru's emphatic "NOPE" here. ))

that espurr clearly needs someone to tell them about how meat is murder
Meat=murder! Meat=murder! Meat=murder! Start chanting about justice as it's not like that Espurr would attack you in a place like this!

[[Also I think the voting time is a little off 'cause if you look at it more closely it kinda seems like it'll close... next year? I mean, it doesn't really matter but I find it kinda funny that it looks like we're waiting for a year for this to update]]
That’s a young Espurr tho, eating meat that was presumably served by the establishment itself. Wouldn’t we be going up to an actual small child and traumatizing them with our vegan spiel? Gonna get our head popped off by an angry Meowstic! Bidoof Pot Pie for dinner tonight!
Now, we could give her a name like Blessra or Tessa, something similar to a named Espurr in the clearly inferior and totally abandoned written story… but this is the new and improved tale! I vote for Kiki or Jiji!
033.png

Your eyes can't help but keep darting to the espurr, Kiki, and the half-eaten meat on her plate. Eugh, that was probably someone's parent or child or sibling. You understand that some pokemon just have to eat meat, but it still grosses you out. Sure, there are a significant number of regulations on the meat industry, but that was still a living, breathing pokemon at one time!

Maybe if you go over and talk to the espurr, you'll be able to get your mind off of her meal. Or maybe she'll beat you to the punch.

Kiki: Howdy, Baru! Fancy seeing you here at this time of day!
Baru: I could say the same to you. I thought you'd be at work still.
Kiki: Nah. Boss gave me the day off. Said things were peaceful enough that I could stand to take a break.
Baru: Fair enough, I guess. Though I'll be honest, I'm STILL surprised they let you join the guard so young.
Kiki: I'm almost grown, Baru. Just ain't evolved yet, just like you.
Baru: Yeah, I guess that's fair, but...
Baru: ...
Kiki: You okay? You're actin' real funny today. Baru.

034.gif

Kiki: Baru?

035.png

You can't do it. The stench of the meat. The glistening, succulent skin, fire roasted and splitting, juice driping into the Espurr's chin fur. You can't take it. You're going to be sick if you look at it a moment longer.

Baru: Sorry Kiki, I just remembered something I need to do. I'll have to catch up later. Gonna hurry up and eat my own food.
Kiki: ...
Kiki: ... You're not fooling anyone, Baru.

036.png

You return to your table, skin crawling. You don't mean to insult Kiki. She really is a nice girl. It's just... the meat. You can't stand it. They were someone's family member or loved one.

If the gods are real, they are certainly cruel creatures, to force pokemon to eat their neighbor to survive. If you ever meet The Original One or Mother Mew, assuming they're real at all, you're going to have some choice words.

Unfortunately, before you can drown yourself in mead, you hear a commotion outside. It's probably nothing, but you're debating checking it out, anyway.

Last edited:

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Content Warning: This update contains blood.
Get up and check the commotion anyways, but bring your drink along. Just in case if it's something that makes you need a freaking drink afterwards.
037.png

Oh. This is concerning.

038.png

You find Fuse standing in front of the regigigas statue, supporting a strange, injured sneasel. Sparkles is nowhere to be seen, but a small crowd is starting to gather. Besides the two that are at the center of attention, you see four pokemon of note: two purrloin (the mayor's right-hand mon), a hawlucha (captain of the local guard), and a lucario (the local religious leader).

You can't make out their words from here.

Bee

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
She/her
You’ve never seen a Sneasel like that before. Aren’t they supposed to be purple with dark markings?

Meridian

local liminal entity
Pronouns
any/all
Try not to be too obvious about the mead, but listen intently.

Stick around to ask Fuse and the hawlucha about where Sparkles is. You may not like her, but that doesn't mean you want something bad to actually happen to her

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Drink that mead you brought along from your table, you can already tell you're going to need it.
Try not to be too obvious about the mead, but listen intently.
039.gif

You shimmy closer, balancing on two legs so as to not spill your drink. As you get closer you begin to make out words.

(Sneasel): ...Bit off more than I could chew in a fight.
(Sneasel): I apologize that you had to see me like this.
(Hawlucha): But how did you end up in this fight? If there's danger near our town, we need to know about it.
(Sneasel): Can this wait until after I see your healer? I am not ready to travel to the Great Beyond.
(Hawlucha): ...
(Hawlucha): Very well. She should be here any minute.

You’ve never seen a Sneasel like that before. Aren’t they supposed to be purple with dark markings?
040.png

Now that you've got a closer look, he DOES look extra odd. You've never seen a sneasel with fur like that. Or with those purple claws. They look poisonous! But you thought all sneasels were ice-types.

Stick around to ask Fuse and the hawlucha about where Sparkles is. You may not like her, but that doesn't mean you want something bad to actually happen to her
041.png

Fuse would never let something bad happen to Sparkles, right? So where is she?

Fortunately, Sparkles makes a grand return just as the hawlucha starts waving the crowd off. The town medic, Citra, is right behind her. The two purrloin whisper to each other before slinking off. The remainder of the crowd dispurses until only yourself, the lucario, and the hawlucha, are all that remain.

The sneasel takes a seat against the base of the statue, allowing Fuse to start grooming his blood out of her fur. The hawlucha begins to pace while Citra passes the sneasel an oran berry and a leppa berry, and starts to wipe away his blood with a damp cloth.

Be the sneasel

042.png

You are now, briefly, the sneasel. You are currently recovering from getting your head smashed against a rock. While you told the hawlucha you would give her the details, in truth you are struggling to remember what happened, yourself.
What was your name, again?

Meridian

local liminal entity
Pronouns
any/all
> Helheim the mighty conqueror.. ok you have to admit you read that somewhere and it sounded cool
> Ametri
after Ametrine, a gem like many that contains a toxic potential

Bee

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
She/her
>Your name was… Skip, right? No wait, that’s one of your silly little kithood nicknames. Here comes Skips, your old neighbour would say.
>Bloodclaw? No no no, that’s the edgy persona that you made up when you were a kit. Hey, more memories are coming back, so that’s good!
>Ingo? … that name makes you feel weird, for some reason.
>Wait, you remember!! Your name is Coldsnap! Or Snap for short.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
>Ingo? … that name makes you feel weird, for some reason.
043.png

It's weird, you don't remember going by Ingo. You're not sure where that name came from. Maybe you knew another sneasel with that name?

>Bloodclaw? No no no, that’s the edgy persona that you made up when you were a kit. Hey, more memories are coming back, so that’s good!
044.png

That's right, you did insist people call you Bloodclaw at one time. But it was never your real name. But that DOES remind you of something important.

045.gif

That's right, your REAL name is Ametri. However, in your travels, you have used many aliases, including, but not limited to Skip, Snap, and Helheim. You're particularly proud of coming up with that last one (even if, admittedly, you stole it from a story you heard.) You have been on the run for a long time. You know for a fact that you are a great hunter and consider yourself good at sneaking, which makes the fact that someone managed to sneak up on you all the more embarrassing.

With your memories starting to come back, you begin to recount what you can...

Ametri: My name is Ametri.
Ametri: I have traveled from far to the north on a pilgrimage for my patron deity, Xerneas.
Ametri: However, a pokemon from a rival tribe has been chasing me for some time.
Ametri: I believe I may have been attacked by her, and injured myself while fleeing.
(Hawlucha): What kind of pokemon is she?
Ametri: A mawile.

046.png

You are now Baru again. You kind of zoned out after Ametri mentioned a god. Just what the village needs, a religious fanatic. Since everyone seems okay, you don't feel the need to stick around any longer. You return to the tavern to quickly finish your meal, completely filling your BELLY but also increasing your ALCOHOL LEVEL by 1.

Now you have some free time. You could find someone to talk to or you could find some other way to occupy yourself. What will you do?

Sneasel sprite is a modified version of the hisuian sneasel sprite created by Emmuffin from the PMD Sprite repository

Bee

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
She/her
>Well, since you’re not interested in PROVING YOUR STRENGTH in the forest, we might as well socialize. Of course, Sparkles and Fuse are back in town again… better skedaddle before they see you.

Meridian

local liminal entity
Pronouns
any/all
HISUIAN SNEASEL LETS GOOOOOOOO
meant to say that earlier but that's so cool, the sprite and having them

> See who else is still left at the bar
> Contemplate praying that you can avoid Sparkles coming into the bar

Top Bottom