• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokémon Bidoof Quest [Threadventure - suggestions welcome!]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Sparkles :)

Spiteful Murkrow

Busy Writing Stories I Want to Read
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
You draw blanks for a second, almost blurt your brother's name and at the last second swap in the name of that one guy in the village who won't leave you alone.

• Mewlulz
Reactions: Bee

Bee

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
She/her
O-oh… well… they might not know him… see, he’s not from around here! You’ve fallen for a super cute traveller! The son of a fabulously wealthy merchant!!

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Hmm well youll be happy to trot your potential other half around... But thats sorta post fifth date territory.... Theyre shy you see and things are just getting started relationship wise... But once he's feeling up to it you /happily/
never ever because he doesn't exist!
make introductions.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
regigigas
017.png

You don't think that one's gonna fly. You suddenly becoming religious is enough of a stretch. You doubt Shimmer would ever believe you had a date with God.

your... mom?

018.png

WAIT, who's mom are you thinking about here? If it's your mom... no. just no. Gross. Shut up brain. But Sparkle's mom is dead and Fuse is an orphan. so it can't be either of theirs either. THIS IS A BAD TRAIN OF THOUGHT NOPE NOPE NOPE.

You draw blanks for a second, almost blurt your brother's name and at the last second swap in the name of that one guy in the village who won't leave you alone.
019.png

Well that could work... except the dating pool around here for your age group is hopelessly small ad there's no one just dying to date you. And again. SHUT UP BRAIN. STUPID STUPID STOP PANICKING. You don't want to drag your reputation through the mud here any more than you have to.

Sparkles :)
020.png

...Could that work? You spend approxamately five heartbeats entertaining the thought. You can picture yourself proclaiming your burning love for the kirlia, explaining that she should pine after you instead of your brother.

Then you remember that you hate her and realize that you'd end up wandering the woods with her anyways. Back to the drawing board.

Alex, the Porygon unit! I bet he's a traveller!I mean, his guide is so good!
021.png

Poury...gon? Okay, you're officially scraping the bottom of the barrel here. You are pretty sure there's no such thing as a water-type flygon.

O-oh… well… they might not know him… see, he’s not from around here! You’ve fallen for a super cute traveller! The son of a fabulously wealthy merchant!!
IMAGINE.png

Wait. That's vague enough that it just might work. Plenty of merchants travel through here. Sparkles can't know all of them. It's totally reasonable that you could be crushing after some rando that's just passing through.

Hmm well youll be happy to trot your potential other half around... But thats sorta post fifth date territory.... Theyre shy you see and things are just getting started relationship wise... But once he's feeling up to it you /happily/
never ever because he doesn't exist!
make introductions.
022.png

Sparkles: You okay Baruru? You've been standing there for a while.
Baru: Never better! I'm just thinking about my date. He's a handsome merchant in training that just happens to be passing through. His dad bought some wood from my folks and we just happened to hit it off well. We decided to give things a try before they move on.
Fuse: Really now?
Baru: Yes! I'd love to introduce you, but he's kind of shy and he's still working on coming out of his shell. Kind of have to do that if you're in business, right? So I can't take you to meet him this time. But another time, for sure.
Sparkles: Hmm...
Baru: ...
Sparkles: HMMM.........
Baru: ............
Sparkles: Yep, seems reasonable enough to me. Too bad to hang out, but hope your date goes well!
Baru: Thanks. Well, I better get going. Bye!
Sparkles: Okay, have fun!

023-2.png

Sparkles: Ah, young love. I'm so happy Baru's finally coming out of her shell. It'll do her good. She's usually so grumpy!
Fuse: ...
Fuse: ... You know she was lying, right?
Sparkles: ...
Fuse: ...
Sparkles: ...
Sparkles: ...Wat.

It seems you've escaped hanging out with Sparkles for now. But if you're going to keep the charade up, you're going to have to find something to do to make yourself scarce.

Bee

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
She/her
Man, you sure are lucky that Sparkles’ psychic powers didn’t auto-detect your lies! Afterall, her powers haven’t quite worked since… well, you know… the incident.

Anyways
, looks like you’ll just have to indulge in one of your hobbies today! Or maybe go exploring somewhere away from the woods? What are some of the landmarks around here?

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Find out how an absol is better at detecting lies than a kirlia who supposedly knows peoples' feelings.
024.png

You wouldn't be surprised if Fuse saw right through your lie. It wasn't exactly the most convincing story, and Fuse just happenes to be very intuitive. Sparkles, on the other hand, has always been a little dense, though you're not sure if that's just her, or because her father spoiled her rotten.

Man, you sure are lucky that Sparkles’ psychic powers didn’t auto-detect your lies! Afterall, her powers haven’t quite worked since… well, you know… the incident.
025.png

Not really an incident, per say, but she quit spying on people at a young age after a... particular time where it almost got her in major trouble. The one thing you can give her father is that he taught her not to psychically eavesdrop. As far as you can tell, she's never tried to poke around in your mind. And you would know - only the most skilled psychics can read minds without a trace. At worst, she might sometimes comment on your emotions.

Also, get some good info on how a porygon is a virtual pokemon who is most certainly not a water-type flygon.
026.png

You're not sure why you keep thinking about that fake pokemon that you're quite certain is not real, has never been real, and never will be real.

Anyways, looks like you’ll just have to indulge in one of your hobbies today!
027.png

You think about your hobbies. You do enjoy a good book from time to time. Historical fiction is your favorite. Unfortunately the village doesn't have a library and you don't know when another merchant with books will come through. Living out in the boonies has its disadvantages at times.

Woodwhittling is another hobby of yours, but you're not in the mood to chew wood. You're also not in the mood to chew books. You did that to your first one as a wee hatchling and you're not keen to repeat it.

Really, your only other hobby is eating good food. So you might just do that.

Anyways
, looks like you’ll just have to indulge in one of your hobbies today! Or maybe go exploring somewhere away from the woods? What are some of the landmarks around here?
028.png

Unfortunately, there's really not much of interest to explore. But there are a couple of landmarks, you suppose. The first is a mystery dungeon, Auburn Thicket, a dungeon stuck in perpetual autumn. Fortunately, it doesn't block any of the routes into or out of town. But it's still big enough to be noticeable, even from the sky.

029.png

Then there's Mount Giga. Your village is nestled near the base, though there are other smaller mountains nearby. If you follow the roads to Mount Giga, you will always end up here.

I'd suggest exploring in the woods...
030-1.gif

Absolutely not! The woods are full of nasty predators that would gobble a bidoof like you up as a snack. It's not safe to go out on your own. And besides, even if you did go out into the woods, you're likely to run into Sparkles and Fuse again, and then the whole fake boyfriend jig would be up. The last thing you want is to hear Sparkles chatter away about your pathetic dating life.

Drink away your worries at the local bar. Who cares what time of day it is?
031.png

You think you might need one to go with your food after all that nonsense, you slip away to the local tavern and inn, The Lazy Linnone.

032.png

???: Good afternoon, Baru. I didn't expect to see you in my fine establishment today.
Baru: Hi, Beare. I'll take a cucumber and tomato salad and a slice of cheese bread. Oh, and bring me a glass of mead too, while you're at it.
Beare: Yeesh, this early in the day? Must be a rough one. Need to talk about it?
Baru: Not really, no.
Beare: Fine, fine. But let me know if you do need anything, okay? Isolation isn't good for you.
Baru: ...
Beare: I'll have that food right up.

You barely stifle a groan as he shuffles away. Ugh, you don't know why so many people care about your wellbeing. You wish everyone would just leave you alone. Baru, you need to socialize more. Baru, you need more to life than just taking over the family business. Baru, you're getting to the age where you should be thinking about a mate. Gods, you can't stand it.

... Though, perhaps you could stand to socialize a little. You have a few minutes before your food comes out. You suppose you could talk to one of the other patrons. Should you talk to...

-The farmer roserade in the corner looking out the window.
-The young espurr chowing down on some unknown meat.
-The blissey and his two foster kids, a phantump and a shuppet, sitting at a large center table.
-Nobody, socializing is overrated after all.

If you do decide to go over, it would be good to remember their names first.

For the next update, only one of the above four options will be followed. The option will be decided by popular vote. Whichever decision is the most popular, character name suggestions will be chosen randomly from the users who suggested that branch. In the case of a tie, a coin will be flipped to decide which branch to take. Open suggestions will return after the next update. Voting will be open until 11:59 pm UTC on Friday, April 14th.

Bee

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
She/her
Hey, talking to the Blissey is basically a three-for-one deal on socializing, right? Besides, Lor is a pretty chill dude. And the little ones, Kyo and Bravery, are pretty good as far as kids go.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
(( Gotta say the illustrations have been a BLAST so far. Love Baru's emphatic "NOPE" here. ))

that espurr clearly needs someone to tell them about how meat is murder

K_S

Laughs. Honestly infogured theres enough wood to avoid the vspid duo but fiiiine... Linger in civilization and face social challenges then...

I suggest avoiding blissy amd the terrible two duo... After this much stress dealing with a kid probsbly isnt going to help especially with that "fun" pressure to be a busy bidoof... In the less than innocent sense...

As for meat equals murder.. As barus a prey animal isnt that like walking up to a rabbid hungry coyote and offering a hand to jelp with its nibbles?

I vote broody dandlion kin... Social and work networking in one stab plus an easy falll back of work talk if worse comes to worse...

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
Meat=murder! Meat=murder! Meat=murder! Start chanting about justice as it's not like that Espurr would attack you in a place like this!

[[Also I think the voting time is a little off 'cause if you look at it more closely it kinda seems like it'll close... next year? I mean, it doesn't really matter but I find it kinda funny that it looks like we're waiting for a year for this to update]]

Last edited:

K_S

if you look at it more closely it kinda seems like it'll close... next year? I mean, it doesn't really matter but I find it kinda funny that it looks like we're waiting for a year for this to update]]

Hey perhaps we are getting a royal masterpiece here and the extra time is warrented....

Also from the choice you all picked (i think espurr/meat eatters ahead now?) I am taking none of you to a bbq joint... Ever.

Top Bottom