• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

AQ - S.S. Trousselin

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"Who the fuck are you, huh? Trying to mock me? Who sent you?"
…apparently he’d written off this schmuck too quickly.

Wes glared up at the masked stranger, making an effort to appear as unruffled as possible. “The hell are you talking about?”

Who did this punk think he was? ‘Mocking’ him? Apparently Wes minding his own damn business was an inexcusable offense to this moron.

He heard a few growls and glanced down to see…an Espeon. And an Umbreon. Huh, an odd coincidence, but it’s not like Neo and Novo were the only kind of their species in the world…but why was this making the hair on the back of his neck stand up?

He raised his eyes to the man’s visor again—an identical one to his, he realized. And then he noticed his hair: the same color as his, with the same unruly spikes and waves in it, to boot. He felt a chill run down his spine.

Wes quietly reached under his coat and gripped his dagger. “Who,” he said slowly in a low tone, “are you?”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"You look younger than me, Gladion. Aren't we all supposed to be jaded to wild bullshit by now? I mean, I'm just talking about public shit like Eternatus appearing above Wyndon to trounce the regional champ, but personally? I've seen too much weird shit this year to be that phased by whatever this is. Some psychic translation thing, maybe? It's a much less scary technology than, like, genetically engineered hybrids and shit."
Gladion narrowed his eyes at her, but bit back his tongue. He'd take that as his cue not to send out Hazel. That was a shame, she'd seemed trustworthy to this point. "Personally, I think technology poking around in my brain without my permission is scarier than a bit of genetic engineering, but hey, power to you. You're missing out on the good food, though." Poor Hazel. At least she couldn't hear him say that.

"As for Eternatus, I dunno who that is, but cool name I guess. If it's weird enough to make international news, that's probably another problem. Joy of joys..." He paused to bit his lower lip and mull over the idea in his head before continuing. "Say, you wouldn't have had the misfortune of hearing about Ultra Space before, would you?"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
If she hadn’t been standing in one spot, Jade probably would have tripped. She fought to keep her face neutral even as her mind was reeling. Superclone? Who just GUESSES that??

This girl couldn’t be… she wasn’t involved with the Rockets, was she? She was about the same age as the other rebels, but… no, there was only one rebel team. The deserters from two years ago weren’t kids. So why…

Nine looked guarded, but like, a normal amount, not a ‘ready to fight’ amount, so that was something. “That’s a strange thing to guess,” he said, gazing at the girl intently.

Jade rubbed the back of her head. “Most people just assume he’s a regional variant.” There was an awkward pause. “I rescued him,” she added, without knowing why.
She'd rescued him. So... so at any rate she either didn't have anything to do with the creator, or at least she didn't want to. May exhaled slowly.

A strange thing to guess, the Pikachu said.

"I mean, if he'd been a regional variant you'd have said that, not that he was born this way." She glanced back at the Pikachu, who was looking at her intently, wanted an explanation. A cold hand squeezed at her lungs. What, was it strange to think a weird mutant Pokémon might be a clone when a guy with a team of weird mutant clones had won a League a few months ago? Weren't there international petitions about it? Wouldn't everyone wonder that?

She was about to say that, but the words died in her throat. Start a conversation about Rick and Taylor and Taylor's victory? Really?

She took a breath. "I know somebody else who rescued a clone," she said instead. "It's... a long story."

Spirit glanced at her, apparently sensing the need for the conversation to move on. "It's nice to meet you," she said -- in Pokémon speech, thankfully. "My name is Spirit."

"May," May added stiffly. She extended a hand.

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
"Two Stevens..." he joked, "how would I be able to handle that? Well, maybe one could stay at home and one could go off to see the world." He was shaking far less, and his nausea and dizziness didn't feel as dire.

But then his short-lived smile fell. "I still have two questions, Steven. It would have been three, but I'm choosing to ignore 'what's going on', for my own mental state. First of all: how much traumatic shit did I—this of Wallace, standing right in front of you—dump onto you? Second of all: how much traumatic shit did your Wallace from your world go through?"

Wallace stood up. He didn't completely trust his legs to not betray them, but they would have to do.

Wallace Scared.png

CW//References to alcohol abuse "I don't think I'll be able to answer any of your questions sober. My doctor would have a heart attack if he found out I was drinking again, but... hey, has he ever met different versions of two of his loved ones and been made to feel crazy by the heavens?"

Against his better judgement, he tried to remember where the bar was. But then his logical side got a bit of control:

Wallace Sad.png

"Actually, I do have three questions: where's Victoria?"
"I..." Steven began, not quite sure how to process the fact that this Wallace was still distressed, and only seemed to be getting more upset the more they talked. "I... No, I don't know about... I'm sorry, I don't know how to answer your questions."

And Wallace, drinking? The Wallace he knew hardly touched the stuff, something about it being bad for the complexion. Steven began to feel a bit sick himself. He was the one causing all this, all of this Wallace's stress. He shouldn't have said anything.

He took one step back, then another.

"Maybe... I should give you some time alone. To process this."

Steven gave Wallace a look of pity. The only reason he wasn't losing it at the realization is that he'd seen it before, the implication of multiple dimensions... multiple timelines.... He knew how hard it was to believe, even when he saw it with his own two eyes.

"Perhaps meeting some of the other guests will give you some peace." Steven spotted the rainbow flash of a Milotic's scales on the pool deck below. He looked over Wallace's shoulder with a nod. "I think Victoria had the same idea. She's down by the pool if you're looking for her, and it seems she's found quite the crowd."

A small smile found its way to Steven's face. Even separated by another dimension, Wallace still named his beloved partner the same. Beside him, he felt Aggron's steadying presence, and he rested a hand against its flank. "The Wallace I know would never turn down the opportunity to put on a good show."

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
Nate smirked when the woman--Prim, apparently, whatever the hell kind of name that was--gagged on the tequila. She might talk a good game, but that was pretty damn pathetic.

"You need to cool it," Prim says tersely. The alcohol is doing no favors for her emotional regulation, but she's been dealing with a bigger asshole than this every day for the past several weeks. "I didn't intend any offense. I just said it's nothing to be ashamed of. I meant that." What she doesn't say is that she'd offered him help in the first place because she'd extended him the benefit of the doubt for his grotesque staring, a mistake she wouldn't make again—but no need to bring that up. It would only make things worse. For now, she could keep her cool.

Unfortunately, the snorlax comment pushes her beyond her bounds. "So I can't talk to people who aren't my size, is that it?" she snaps back, her stool screeching against the floor as she rises abruptly. "What does that mean for you then? Couldn't find the boat's fucking scarecrow storage closet?"
Now, he might have been willing to let things go after the tequila shot and all. Prim had made enough of a fool of herself without any help from

But she would just not. fucking. let it go. Nate ground his teeth, head already swimming with retorts. He just needed to pick which one--

View attachment 2886
“Maybe a bar isn’t the ideal place for this…” she muttered, as if that would do anything to deescalate what was going on. Drinks and fighting tended to ALWAYS mix, of fucking course. However, being as aggro as she was, she wasn’t sure what else could even be said.

“Seriously, maybe not a good idea.”
Nate glanced over at the girl and for a moment forgot all about Prim's taunts. Was that a shiny sylveon right there? Holy shit.

"Right... yeah..." he said, turning back to Prim and trying not to think about how far he had to tilt his head back to meet her gaze when she was standing. Starting shit less than an hour into this thing wasn't exactly keeping a low profile. But for fuck's sake, somebody ought to put this asshole in her place. "Maybe you ought to listen to the kid, huh? Call this one off for now."

But he couldn't help adding, "Or does it make you feel big, huh, picking on sick guys and kids who ain't gonna fight back? Gotta warn you, though, even missing half a lung I hit harder than some pissy little shot of tequila."

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Wes glared up at the masked stranger, making an effort to appear as unruffled as possible. “The hell are you talking about?”

Nico and Merian bared their fangs and snarled at the impostor, anger radiating off them in waves. One slight move from this bastard, and neither of them would hesitate to maul him.

Wes quietly reached under his coat and gripped his dagger. “Who,” he said slowly in a low tone, “are you?”

"That's none of your business... But I'm just the guy who's gonna burn Snagem and Cipher to the fucking ground and spit on their graves." He noticed the man's movement, and scoffed. "Go ahead, try and stab me. You'll be dead before you even can." His hand moved to his own pocketed knife.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Maybe you ought to listen to the kid, huh? Call this one off for now."
92263507-57AE-454E-83E7-361B68BC0945.png
She didn’t realize just how close she was to her limit until she suddenly couldn’t hold herself back anymore.

AF4A44C5-479F-40C2-B9BD-2366D2162B00.png
Who the FUCK are you calling a kid?” she snarled with such violent conviction, the lights flickered. She didn’t seem to notice.

“I’ll shove one of those goddamn bottles so far up your fucking ass, you’ll be coughing up glass for a week.“

Last edited:

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Zack screeched in shock and stumbled back. He fell to the floor below after losing his balance. “Yup, I knew this wouldn’t work.”

“And now I think it’s time to jet out, as you said before,” Jack replied, already gaining speed as he started to run away.

“No, don’t leave me here, Jack-o!” Zack flapped his wings frantically, following the Farfetch’d.

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
View attachment 2889
She didn’t realize just how close she was to her limit until she suddenly couldn’t hold herself back anymore.

View attachment 2890
Who the FUCK are you calling a kid?” she snarled with such violent conviction, the lights flickered. She didn’t seem to notice.

“I’ll shove one of those goddamn bottles so far up your fucking ass, you’ll be coughing up glass for a week.“
Nate jumped at the girl's sudden yell. What the actual fuck? Was it him or did the lights just--?

"Uh, sorry?" he said. Jesus. People around here sure were goddamn touchy. What happened to a fucking fun and relaxing cruise, huh? "I thought you were all, like, not wanting to start shit?"

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"That's none of your business... But I'm just the guy who's gonna burn Snagem and Cipher to the fucking ground and spit on their graves." He noticed the man's movement, and scoffed. "Go ahead, try and stab me. You'll be dead before you even can." His hand moved to his own pocketed knife.
What was going on. This idiot knew about Cipher? And Snagem? His threat against both organizations should have been comforting, but instead it just set Wes more on edge. Something about this entire person just felt wrong.

The man’s movement to his own knife was not lost on Wes. He took note of the tensed, poised positions of his Pokémon and clenched his jaw. Shit. He’d hoped the guy would have backed down, not grabbed his own weapon. If he was going to make any headway on this ridiculous trip, he couldn’t go about getting into a knife fight in the first damned hour.

Time to try another tactic. He released his grip on the knife and held up his hands in an appeasing gesture. “Right, okay, here’s the deal. I’m not really in the mood for a fight today, so let’s cool it, yeah?” He considered leaving it at that, but his annoyance got the better of him. “And a word of advice, picking fights with strangers is a real quick way to get yourself killed.” He smirked. “You think Cipher is going to be intimidated by your scary spikes and clown shoes?”

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Nate jumped at the girl's sudden yell. What the actual fuck? Was it him or did the lights just--?

"Uh, sorry?" he said. Jesus. People around here sure were goddamn touchy. What happened to a fucking fun and relaxing cruise, huh? "I thought you were all, like, not wanting to start shit?"
47CD3B37-B8C7-4FE8-BF48-642619096AE4.png
“I was,” Odette spat. “For my own goddamn sake. And yet, I can only take so many people thinking I’m a damn child before I lose my fucking mind. Wild concept, isn’t it?”
CEA39FDE-30EF-4C26-A588-80CA447E2233.png
Enora sighed deeply and took the sleeve of Odette’s shirt in her mouth. She began to tug on it. “Odette, this really isn’t worth it,” she warned. Honestly, they hadn’t even been here that long, and things were already spiraling out of wack. “You’re gonna blow this up.”

47CD3B37-B8C7-4FE8-BF48-642619096AE4.png
“I’m just setting the fucking record straight,” Odette seethed. “How would he feel if I went up to him and asked him if he had prostate issues because he looks like he’s 40-something? Bad right? It’s the same motherfucking thing.”

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Time to try another tactic. He released his grip on the knife and held up his hands in an appeasing gesture. “Right, okay, here’s the deal. I’m not really in the mood for a fight today, so let’s cool it, yeah?”
“And a word of advice, picking fights with strangers is a real quick way to get yourself killed."

Wes narrowed his eyes, gripping his knife even tighter. "You really think I'm going to fall for this bullshit? Surrendering is what gets you killed." His voice lowered to barely more than a growling whisper. "And I'm more than okay with making a few bodies drop while I'm here."

He smirked. “You think Cipher is going to be intimidated by your scary spikes and clown shoes?”

He snarled, raising his voice back to normal levels. "Of course a fool like yourself wouldn't understand. It's not just for intimidation, but it's also a calling card. The reaper comes clad in black, don't you know?"

--

Merian snickered slightly and rolled his eyes, while Nico simply remained stoic, tail held high, a proud, challenging gleam in his eyes.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
She took a breath. "I know somebody else who rescued a clone," she said instead. "It's... a long story."

Spirit glanced at her, apparently sensing the need for the conversation to move on. "It's nice to meet you," she said -- in Pokémon speech, thankfully. "My name is Spirit."

"May," May added stiffly. She extended a hand.
Oh. Well that sure explained why she’d jump to the superclone explanation right away. What were the odds?

It was hard to imagine anyone rescuing a clone and not getting a long story out of it. Fortunately, it didn’t seem like either of them would be needing to spill the full details at this time.

“My name’s Jade,” Jade replied, accepting the handshake.

Nine nodded to the two of them. “Nine.”

Jade wasn’t sure how long to hold the handshake, so it came as a relief when May was first to let go. “So, uh… to be honest, I don’t really know why I got invited. I’m just glad to have a bit of a break. We both need one,” she added, glancing at Nine.

Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
Charizard smiled and raised a wing. "Thanks, man." Blue resettled himself in the shaded chair, took a few more sips of his slightly melted slushie, and tried to go back to relaxing.

Apparently the operative word in that thought was "tried". The drink was nice, the shade was nice, but the edge still hadn't quite gone from the whatever-the-fuck-that-was, and he found himself unable to ignore the growing number of people moving about the deck. Which was stupid, because c'mon, what were the odds that someone else was gonna to rock on up to his chair and casually tell him that actually he'd never met Gyarados or actually his birthday was in February or something? They were all just doing normal cruise stuff, or hanging out with their pokémon, or being distracted by Wallace Wallace-ing at someone else, it sounded like.

She continued to observe Blue somewhat warily, not even registering that Wallace had walked off, as he got up to splash himself by the pool and resettle under his charizard's spread wings. What was the point of sunbathing if you were going to hide in the shade...?

But this one girl kept looking at him, and it wasn't the "oh my god, I can't believe it, it's the toughest gym leader in Kanto!" sort of look he'd been anticipating when he first sat down. More... confused? Concerned? Calculating? Something??? Ugh, why. Vacations weren't supposed to be weird and complicated once you got past all the "oh, crap, did I forget my passport at home" part of it.

Eh. Screw it. Whatever her deal was, best to just tear the bandaid off and get it over with. Maybe once she was done gawking or being awkward or whatever that would be the end of it, and he could actually take a god damn nap.

"Yes, it's me, and yes, this is my partner Charizard, and if you're wondering whether it's true that he wrestled one of Lance's dragonite to the ground in under twenty seconds then the answer to that is also yes," he said, arching an eyebrow and trying to shove the weird edge back down with a grin. "You and your espeon are welcome to see if you can do any better if you want to hit one of the arenas later, but right now we were kinda hoping to take it easy out here. There somethin' else I can help you with?"

Charizard was finally comfortable. It really had gotten very cold up on the mountain, sometimes, even for a big fire-type like him. Impressive that Venusaur and her little human had been able to tolerate it, honestly. (He wondered whether Moltres ever got cold when it roosted there.)

It wasn't cold here, though, and that was nice. An awful lot of water all around and distressingly little land to speak of, sure, but the big boat seemed sturdy enough. Gyarados was probably happy about it, at least. Charizard hadn't seen him in a while, and he'd seemed like he was doing better, but some time to himself out in a big stretch of open ocean like this would probably still do him some good.

That human hadn't been particularly nice. Not rude not-nice, but weird not-nice, and he'd kept saying things that didn't make any sense. Like Blue was supposed to be partners with a squirtle? But that was Tank, and Tank had his own human, and frankly he could keep her because she was fun and all but also kind of exhausting. Blue was Charizard's human, and always had been, ever since he'd told Mother he wanted to see the world and see the mountain and she'd told him that he should take Little Sam along to help. Why would someone say it should be different?

At least that human was gone now. Kind of gone. He was still being loud at someone else off in the distance, and the someone else also sounded kind of distressed, and that was a little concerning? But out here it was comfortable and nice and Blue was just trying to relax and he should be relaxing, too, so Charizard adjusted the dark glasses Blue had gotten for him and tried to close his eyes behind them.

One eye opened again anyway, unfortunately. That espeon kept thinking she was so sneaky, trying to paw at Blue's drink under the chair like that. He'd had half a mind to tell her off himself—a little fang, a little flare, just enough to drive home that she really ought to go find her own drink—but her human had been mostly on top of things, at least. Now she was chattering incessantly about something, and he had half a mind to be annoyed by that, too, but the little pokémon tagging along behind her made him pause. He wasn't entirely familiar with that species, but whatever it was, it didn't look very comfortable. Lost, it sounded like?

"You're looking for a pokémon with wings?" he rumbled, but soft, questioning. "If they're still near the ship, or if they're on the deck, I can help you look. I'm sure you'll be able to see them from up in the air."

Last edited:

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
"Yes, it's me, and yes, this is my partner Charizard, and if you're wondering whether it's true that he wrestled one of Lance's dragonite to the ground in under twenty seconds then the answer to that is also yes," he said, arching and trying to shove the weird edge back down with a grin. "You and your espeon are welcome to see if you can do any better if you want to hit one of the arenas later, but right now we were kinda hoping to take it easy out here. There somethin' else I can help you with?"

Well, he certainly sounded like Blue.

...How should she even begin to respond to that? "Er... right. That's a very impressive charizard you have there." Great start. Absolutely fantastic. Surely he's never heard comments on his skill before. Just spit it out!

"Maybe we'll take you up on that battle later, actually, but..." She felt a little guilty, since after all, coming out here to relax in silence was her original idea, too. But while she had his attention, she may as well put her thoughts out there. Maybe it was as simple as her mis-hearing. "Well, I'm wondering... Wallace wasn't the only one who noticed something different, because I also thought you'd started with a squirtle. And, uh... you said you've only been training for three years? Because I swear it's been at least a decade longer than that. You and Red haven't been in the public eye for - no offense - longer than I've really paid attention to, but it's definitely been longer than three years. So like... Did I just hear you incorrectly or what?"

"You're looking for a pokémon with wings?" he rumbled, but soft, questioning. "If they're still near the ship, or if they're on the deck, I can help you look. I'm sure you'll be able to see them from up in the air."

The charizard's rumblings startled Olivia; she'd thought the giant dragon was asleep.

"They must still be on the ship, yes!" she replied. "Thank you! Will you let me ride you?! My human hates flying. But I think it's fun! Do you know what a tropius is?" It was a surprisingly generous offer from Charizard, considering how little he seemed to care about inconveniencing others when he took over five deck chairs to warm his wings. She hoped whoever Gen's trainer was was outside, somewhere she could even be seen. And recognized. Olivia had never seen a tropius.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
“Yeah, she might be more chill. We really need to get away from the human, though.”

“Um, excuse me?” Jack tried talking with Enora.
9EB68005-EF23-419A-BCBA-630E0424F927.png
Enora was far too caught up in trying to bring Odette back down from her anger high that she barely noticed the two birds pestering her to speak. When it finally dawned on her that she was being spoken too, she released her hold on Odette’s sleeve and turned to Jack.

What?” she snapped. It came out a little meaner than she wanted it to, but she was feeling a little on edge. “Can I help you? My human partner is on the verge of a meltdown, so make it quick.”
Heya, lady!” the Pidgey chirped out to Odette.
"Odette?!?!"
132B732D-1D52-4D91-8CE0-6144FF9DC6C2.png
And suddenly, so many people were calling her at once. Birds, Wallace…wait, Wallace? When did he get here? That didn’t matter.

R̸͇̞̜͇̥̪͍̺̱̜̜̩̮͋̌̔̒͜Ą̷͇̼͖̜̯͕̖̲͙̫̟͓͔͆Ģ̴͚͚̺͔͒͒̔̂̽͝Ȩ̸̱̪̜̻̑̆͜͜,̸̼̟͖͋̋̾̅̿͒̓͝ ̷̡̛̣̹̙͕̠̻̮͓̭̹̙͙̺̰͐͑̓̒̽͋̃͗̀̉͝Ŗ̵̪̪̺̦̜̦̲̦̯̭͈̉̊́̄̚̕͘A̷̡̛̗̟̣̬̙̱̞̝̯͚̱̖̫͗̓͐̅͑̉̀̿̒͊̒Ğ̶̟̯̭͎̩̞͈̲͍̩͔ͅE̵̡̢̲̥͚̫̪̝̘̗̪̤̳͙͆̿̿̏͂̏̂̌̀̀͠,̵̲̣̞̄̐ ̵̨̩̬̗̘̙͎̾̓͆̎̉̿̌F̴̢̞̼͚͂̿̏̒U̵͓̺͔͍̖̼̟͔̟̳͍͇̘̽͒͑̓̀̽̾̾̈́͋͘͜C̷̛̲͈̭̭̀̓̈́̾̒̓͝Ķ̷̞̟̦͚̫̹͎̫̠̭̈́̈́͌͗̈́͐̽͆̀͝I̵̛̱͚̲̼̭͍̾̓̉͝Ņ̴̧͓͈͙̮͆̽̐͌͗͛̒͗͑̚G̴̢̢̛̩͚̹̼͖̹̼̐́͛̎͌̅̋̈͊̈́̌̆͘͝ ̵̬͖͇͚̭̗̓͊̅̓̐͠R̵͉̬͚̙͈̩̬̲̃͊̇̐̉͒̾͐̍̓̐̋͋͝͝Ả̴̢̤̠͆͒̊́̎Ǵ̸͔̤̩͉́̈̈́̓̔ͅȨ̴̢͍̹̘̼̘̪̟̞͊͌̎̊͐̑̇͂̈͋͘͘͠!̵̛̛̲̺̯̠̙̗̠̫̟̰̬̂̀͑͐́͑̀̈́̒́́̾͝

WHAT?!” she bellowed. The sensory overload was far too much. The lights flickered again, and a lightbulb exploded overhead. They remained off for a while before turning on again.
6F4030D3-7E47-486A-9EDB-1E1CF1D3F195.png
She took a deep breath and pushed her glasses back up on her face, trying to calm down through Odile’s cackling.

“Everyone needs to stop fucking yelling at me and tell me what they want before I pop a vein.”

Poivron

Fruit or vegetable?
"Hello," Mightyena addressed the ghost-fish cheerfully. "What are you?"

A lesser lifeform approached Bouba. On most occasions the jellicent paid little regard to others unless hunting, but this one reeked of dark energy. Disquieting. But she did not seem hostile.

For some time Bouba had been practicing his favorite hobby: staying in the same place and doing nothing. It was a highly enjoyable pasttime, and energy-efficient to boot. Now she asked a question. Questions demanded answers. He rotated to face her, expending the minimum possible amount of energy in doing so.

"I am the One Hundred and Sixty Third Denizen of the Dissonant Waters, Fifth Sub-Delegate to the Apostate Somnolescent Jellicent," he said. "What are you?"

"Sorry about her, no idea what she's on edge for all of a sudden," Kimiko said, speaking to the newcomer. She figured she may as well be polite; she was going to be spending a couple weeks with whoever was on this boat, and she had no idea how often they'd be engaging each other while they were on the island. Well... that, and the fact that a simple afternoon of sunbathing and swimming peacefully no longer seemed likely, what with people randomly engaging conversation and that massive menace of a charizard several chairs over.

She didn't recognize this boy, but then again, she somehow didn't recognize Blue, either. Perhaps this kid was another gym leader somewhere? So far she'd already met two people from areas different from her own, so it would be logical to assume she'd find people here she wouldn't recognize, right? Although she wasn't a gym leader, herself... maybe it was better not to assume anything for the time being. "Anyway, yes, it's very nice out today!"

...Was that it? Come on, you can do better than that! she chided herself. But it was hard to respond when she hadn't heard anything he'd said after that. How could she reply without being rude? "I, uhm... sorry, I didn't catch your name."

"Forgot to introduce myself, did I?" Knew he'd left something out. "I'm Finley, you can call me Finn if you want, but perhaps you shouldn't, nobody's done that before, it might not work out. Oh, and this is Bouba. Jellicent, of course. Isn't he marvelous? We met off the coast of Alola, might've mentioned that already. One of the finest ghosts I've ever known. We've been through the thick of it together." He nodded towards Bouba and grinned.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Wes narrowed his eyes, gripping his knife even tighter. "You really think I'm going to fall for this bullshit? Surrendering is what gets you killed." His voice lowered to barely more than a growling whisper. "And I'm more than okay with making a few bodies drop while I'm here."
Hot anger flared in Wes’ chest. Just who the hell did this guy think he was, marching up to strangers and giving them death threats? And did he seriously just say he was fine with killing at random here? Was he really that deranged?

In the corner of his eye, he saw a flicker of dark movement: Novo. The Umbreon was stalking closer, lips curled in a snarl, body tense, rings glowing menacingly.

Wes managed to hide his smirk. So much for this prick and his bravado.
He snarled, raising his voice back to normal levels. "Of course a fool like yourself wouldn't understand. It's not just for intimidation, but it's also a calling card. The reaper comes clad in black, don't you know?"
Wes snorted out a laugh. “What, is that your stage name?” When the man didn’t respond, he realized he was actually serious. “Oh, gods, you’re not joking. Holy shit, you really think you’re something special, don’t you?” He laughed again, but it was a harsh, bitter sound.
Tensions were rising on the other end of the bar. In the corner of his eye, Wes could see that everyone had risen from their seats and were starting to get in each others’ faces.

Perfect.

He looked back to the masked man with a sneer. “Okay, reaper. If you want a show, then I’ll give you a show.”

In one swift motion, he raised his fingers to his mouth and whistled a single shrill note.

FWOOOOM.

Novo had been ready. With a vicious snarl, he launched forward, rings flaring, and lobbed a wall of dark energy at Wes’ foe. The Dark Pulse hit him squarely in the chest and launched him backwards, towards the small crowd gathered at the other end of the bar.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
View attachment 2897
Enora was far too caught up in trying to bring Odette back down from her anger high that she barely noticed the two birds pestering her to speak. When it finally dawned on her that she was being spoken too, she released her hold on Odette’s sleeve and turned to Jack.

What?” she snapped. It came out a little meaner than she wanted it to, but she was feeling a little on edge. “Can I help you? My human partner is on the verge of a meltdown, so make it quick.”
Jack was grateful that he was able to talk with the Sylveon despite his fright. He took a moment to breathe before asking. “Sorry for pestering you so much, but I was curious. Did your human actually talk to you? She can actually understand you? No telepathy or anything psychic, right?”

Zack flew down with the Farfetch’d, frantically hopping in a panic. “That lady is scary! I don’t wanna get punched by such a pretty face!”

“Zack, please, sit down!” Jack tried to grab the Pidgey’s shoulders, but the latter was moving too much for him to be approached.

“Jack-o, my man, I still think we should run if we value our lives! Gettin’ punched by a human has to be the worst thing ever!”

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Jack was grateful that he was able to talk with the Sylveon despite his fright. He took a moment to breathe before asking. “Sorry for pestering you so much, but I was curious. Did your human actually talk to you? She can actually understand you? No telepathy or anything psychic, right?”

Zack flew down with the Farfetch’d, frantically hopping in a panic. “That lady is scary! I don’t wanna get punched by such a pretty face!”

“Zack, please, sit down!” Jack tried to grab the Pidgey’s shoulders, but the latter was moving too much for him to be approached.

“Jack-o, my man, I still think we should run if we value our lives! Gettin’ punched by a human has to be the worst thing ever!”
Enora Angry Snarl.PNG
"That's what you're bothering me about? At a time like this?" Enora yipped. She heard the sound of a battle ensuing at another end of the bar, and cringed to herself. That wasn't going to bode well. "I apologize for my terseness, but this is not the time. Yes, she understands me, and for everyone's sake, I need to calm her--"

Odette Pissed 2.PNG
"Rest absolutely assured that this pretty face will do much more than just punch you, and that's a promise," Odette suddenly snarled toward Zack.

Enora Angry Frown.PNG
"Odette, RELAX. We need to go back to the room before this gets out of hand. There's too much happening here, and your blood pressure can't take it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom