• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

AQ - S.S. Trousselin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
View attachment 2911
Odile stepped onto the floor, leaving behind her shocked host and the goody-two-shoes Sylveon as she brushed herself off. Really, what the fuck did she have to do to get some heat going? She had some solid momentum with the altercation between her new best friends--Odette was about to punch that guy, Odile could feel it in her form. But no, Odette had to go ahead and accept his damn apology and let that stupid shot get her all calm. Alcohol was supposed to rile people up, but it just made her tired.

But, now Odile felt kind of bad. Maybe it was a bad idea to have not gone in the ball. Odette's blood pressure wouldn't have dropped like that if they were separate. Maybe she'd have stayed mad and they could have caused a scene together. Get everyone angry. That would have been so fun!

Missed opportunity. Unfortunate.

But it was fine. With those two bozos fighting just feet in front of her, she had plenty to enjoy for now, and nothing at her precious vessel's expense for the time being. She was ready to just watch everything play out, until somebody got mouthy.

Fiend? Killing everyone? Complements of course, but all wrong.

She frowned and snapped her head around to Zack. Her head turned so far, it was nearly facing backward entirely.

"I̸ ̶n̶e̷v̶e̴r̶ ̸s̷a̶i̶d̸ ̷a̸ ̶f̷u̴c̸k̷i̶n̵g̶ ̸W̶O̶R̴D̵ ̶a̴b̴o̸u̴t̸ ̴k̶i̴l̵l̴i̵n̷g̴ ̵a̴n̴y̷b̷o̸d̸y̸,̵ ̴b̴u̶t̵ ̵n̵o̷w̴ ̶I̸'̴m̵ ̸h̶e̸a̷v̵i̴l̵y̵ ̸c̷o̶n̵s̷i̶d̸e̵r̶i̵n̵g̴ ̶i̴t̴," she threatened.

She turned her body to match the orientation of her head. The bone in her neck cracked back into place with an eerie snap.

"Y̷o̸u̶ ̴h̸a̴v̵e̴ ̵h̶a̴l̶f̵ ̶a̶ ̵m̸i̷n̶d̴ ̸t̴o̴ ̵s̷t̷o̸p̷ ̶m̴e̶?̵ ̶W̷e̶l̸l̶ ̷I̵ ̷h̴a̶v̵e̶ ̶h̶a̴l̷f̸ ̶a̸ ̷m̴i̸n̸d̶ ̶t̵o̷ ̴r̷u̷i̸n̷ ̶y̷o̴u̴r̸ ̶d̷a̴y̸.̶ ̴"

She slowly stepped over to Zack, a smile creeping over her uncanny face.

View attachment 2912
"W̵h̶a̴t̷ ̵s̷a̸y̴ ̸I̸ ̸b̴l̴e̷w̴ ̷c̶a̶n̸n̵e̶d̶ ̵a̴i̵r̵ ̸i̸n̵t̸o̴ ̸y̴o̶u̸r̷ ̵t̷e̸a̴r̷ ̵d̷u̸c̸t̸s̷?̴"

Another step.

View attachment 2912
"O̶r̶ ̷I̷ ̶c̷o̷u̸l̵d̶ ̸f̶i̷l̸l̵ ̴y̵o̶u̵r̶ ̵e̸a̷r̸ ̸c̴a̸n̷a̴l̸s̷ ̴w̴i̵t̷h̵ ̶c̸o̴n̶c̸r̷e̷t̴e̷?̵"

Another step.

View attachment 2912
"O̴o̴o̷o̸r̸r̶r̸r̶r̸r̸ ̴m̸a̶y̵b̵e̸ ̶I̸ ̵s̸h̸o̵u̷l̸d̷ ̴j̵u̶s̷t̷ ̴h̴a̶v̸e̸ ̴y̸o̴u̵ ̵i̴n̶h̶a̴l̸e̶ ̸a̶ ̵h̸a̶n̸d̸f̸u̴l̵ ̴o̴f̴ ̶t̶e̷r̴m̷i̵t̵e̵s̶.̴ ̷"

Another step.

View attachment 2912

"O̴r̵ ̷B̵E̸T̴T̷E̴R̴ ̴Y̵E̸T̴,̷" she now stood over him, "H̸o̴w̶ ̶a̶b̵o̷u̶t̸ ̵I̴ ̶j̶u̶s̵t̴ ̸g̸n̵a̸w̶ ̶o̷n̷ ̶y̵o̶u̶r̷ ̷f̵u̶c̴k̴i̴n̷g̷ ̸t̸o̴e̶s̶ ̸w̵h̷i̵l̷e̸ ̵y̶o̸u̷ ̸s̴l̶e̵e̵p̷?̸ ̴I̶'̸m̶ ̵n̶o̷t̶ ̸a̶b̵o̷v̷e̷ ̸d̴o̴i̶n̴g̷ ̸t̶h̸a̷t̵,̴ ̵d̴o̵n̵'̶t̴ ̶t̵e̵s̴t̶ ̷m̸e̷.̴ ̵"

View attachment 2915
Odette stomped forward and grabbed Odile by her shirt collar, yanking her backward and up to meet her gaze. "What did I say about coming out? Do you know how to listen?"

View attachment 2916
"D̵o̷ ̴y̵o̵u̸ ̶k̸n̵o̵w̸ ̶h̶o̷w̸ ̷t̶o̸ ̷c̵a̷u̴s̶e̶ ̸p̸r̴o̸b̴l̷e̶m̷s̵ ̸o̴n̶ ̷p̷u̴r̴p̶o̴s̵e̶?̶ B̵e̷c̷a̶u̵s̵e̸ ̷I̶ ̷t̸h̷i̴n̶k̴ ̸w̵e̴ ̶n̶e̴e̵d̷ ̷t̴o̴ ̷h̵a̷v̴e̵ ̷a̵ ̶d̴i̷s̴c̴u̵s̶s̷i̴o̶n̵ ̶o̸n̸ ̵t̵h̷a̸t̵.̵"

View attachment 2915
"This isn't funny, Grudge. I was trying to keep things civil and calm and you couldn't be bothered to--"

View attachment 2917
"W̶A̴I̸T̶ ̵I̸S̸ ̴T̶H̵E̷R̷E̶ ̴A̸ ̴F̴U̷C̸K̸I̸N̸G̶ ̴W̶A̵T̶E̸R̵S̶L̷I̵D̸E̵ ̵O̶N̶ ̵T̵H̷I̶S̸ ̴S̷H̸I̴P̶?̶"

View attachment 2918
"Are you even listening to me?"

View attachment 2916
""̶͖͎͗̆̇͝Ẅ̵͇̼́̍͝ͅͅH̵̗̠̭͔̿̐̽͝A̷͔͍͇̱̎T̵̗̺͒ ̴͌͜I̶̼̱̼͒͘F̷͈̫̄̐́̅ ̴̛͇͕͍͌̿̅͜W̶̲̹͋̔͒Ȇ̵͙̓͆̌ͅ ̵̰̖̜͗̀͜M̴̠͓͈͆̀̊̄ͅA̴̡͙͉͋̇D̸̞̈̀E̶̠̪̹͊͐ ̷͚̱̮͐̂͌͜T̴͈̩͔̠͌̽̒̀Ḥ̶͊ͅE̵̺̭̓͛̆͝S̵͇̪͍͈̾Ę̷̰͂ ̴̡̣̐ͅB̸̪͒O̸̧̨̺͚͌͋͂̕Z̵̧͖̏̌̒O̴̹͋̄͝͠Ś̵͉̱ ̸̞͓͉̿̌͊F̵̨̄́I̶̹̾͝G̸̫͕̏͝H̷̬͋͠͠ͅṮ̶̣͖͖͆̏̉̕ ̶͚͒͒͌̐O̴̲̠̪͊N̸̨̬͒́̕͠ͅ ̶̭̘͒́̂T̵̑̒̉ͅH̸͎̣͕͎̐̃͘E̷̛̗̒͝ ̶̡͖̀͌̍W̸͔̦̯̜̃̚A̶̜̫͚̥̋̃̐͝T̸͇͇̯̏́͋ͅE̷̡͈̟̭̅̈́R̵̩̗̀͂S̶͉͖̲͆̂L̷̯̈́͛͒̔I̵͕̬̊̇͜Ḋ̷̜̦̺̥E̴̻͈̻̐ͅ?̴̭̠͚̻̑̈́͝͝"̷̡͚̮̦͑̍͂̂"

View attachment 2918
"We are not--"
View attachment 2917
"̵H̶e̴y̴ ̶b̶b̵b̴o̸o̷o̷o̶o̴y̸y̴y̵y̴s̶s̸s̵s̶s̷s̷,̷ ̶I̴'̵m̴ ̵n̷o̵t̵ ̶s̴a̴y̸i̵n̶g̸ ̶t̶h̵i̸s̸ ̶f̵i̵g̷h̷t̸ ̷w̴o̴u̶l̷d̴ ̷b̷e̸ ̴m̵o̵r̶e̴ ̵i̸n̶d̷i̷c̷a̵t̴i̴v̵e̷ ̵o̶f̴ ̶y̶o̴u̶r̵ ̴t̸r̷a̵i̸n̴e̷r̵ ̷s̴k̷i̷l̸l̵s̸ ̴i̵f̵ ̷y̸o̴u̵ ̵f̵o̶u̴g̴h̶t̸ ̴o̷n̵ ̴t̷h̷e̷ ̶w̵a̶t̵e̷rs̷l̸i̵d̴e̶ ̴b̴u̵t̸ ̷y̸o̷u̴r̸ ̸P̴o̴k̵e̶m̴o̵n̵ ̴w̶o̶u̷l̸d̷ ̴d̵e̷f̶i̷n̷i̸t̵e̴l̷y̸ ̸r̵e̷s̶p̵e̵c̷t̶ ̷y̴o̵u̷ ̵m̴o̸r̵e̴ ̸i̵f̵ ̵y̴o̶u̴ ̴w̷e̷n̸t̴ ̸t̸o̵ ̸f̵i̸g̴h̴t̵ ̴o̵n̷ ̶t̶h̶e̴ ̸w̵a̸t̷e̵r̴s̷l̶i̷d̴e̸!̵"̸

View attachment 2919
Well this was just brilliant.

"Now I need a drink," she murmured.
“What is happening?” Seb asked. He looked around the deck, seeing so many events going on at once. Two lookalikes fighting, Wallace running away with a bottle of alcohol, a dark doppelgänger incentivizing mischief, some Pokémon talking like normal people and even Steven coming to help with an Aggron… He groaned and held a hand onto his forehead. “I thought this was gonna be a peaceful vacation…”

“You’re super scary, you know that?” Zack told Odile, glaring at her despite his fright. “But come on, do your worst. I’ve actually been wanting to show you my skills; and I’ve waited for my time to shine. I’ll save these humans and Pokémon from your destructive ways!”

Seb saw Zack screeching at the doppelgänger, becoming more fearful than before. “Zack, what’re you trying to do!? Please don’t get yourself killed!”

“When it comes to proving the world that he can be a hero, there’s no stopping him,” Jack told Enora with a sigh. “I just hope Seb can help him.”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Laura's eyebrow went up. "Other dimensions and stuff, you mean? I've read, like, posts online about weird shit happening in Alola. I take it you've seen some of that shit up close...? I won't lie, I'm dead curious about it. Uh, Eternatus is... was a dragon 'mon the size of this gooddamn ship that appeared from space or another world or something. It flattened parts of Wyndon. The only way you've not heard about it is if you're from another world or another time, or you've been living as a hermit for the last few years. Mentioning Ultra Space makes me think, maybe one of the first two."
Gladion nodded. “I’m no hermit. We’ve figured that it’s possible for there to be other worlds with life, that’s my suspect. In that case, the real weird thing is that you do know Alola, and I know Wyndon, Galar. Hell of a coincidence.”

He paused for a moment. “And if that’s correct, it’s probably bad. Anything to do with Ultra Space is bad news in my books. I, uhh… People who go there don’t normally come back. So let’s hope it’s the time one, would also explain the weird tech. If so, you’d be from my future, which means…”

Gladion swallowed nervously. There was one thing Laura had said which had stood out to him. Something that suggested she might be from his future, unique to a world with him, his father, and Faba. “On the subject of genetic engineering, uhh…”

After a quick glance around to make sure nobody was watching, he clicked the release on his premier ball, and a chimera taller than he was emerged. She crouched down a little to get a clear look at Laura “This is my partner, Hazel. Look familiar?”

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Laura's face bloomed with surprise and restrained delight.

"Oh, holy howls," she breathed. "That's an honest-to-gods RKS Chimera. Fuck, mate, you must be the guy who freed one, right? Aether lawered up like crazy, but it's common knowledge someone knicked a chimera."

She gave a small bow to Hazel, and made an educated guess at what signs would read well to an RKS 'mon. Avian accent, probably. If Hazel even knew sign, what with being a lab specimen. Jeez. That awful-looking helmet...

[Hello/it is a pleasure to meet you, respected/admired pokémon,] she signed, saying much the same thing out loud. Privately she prayed she might get to touch Hazel. They were beautiful. And extraordinary.

"I, uh... I'm guessing you are from my past," she added, quietly. "The RKS theft was a few years ago, and you don't look that old."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Gladion nodded. “Okay…” He took a deep breath. Those bode all kinds of bad omens for his future. “Great. Yeah. I nicked her four years ago. I was…”

It sounded like the future didn’t know who he was. That was good. He couldn’t be outed if nobody knew him. “…Living onsite. Was related to someone involved. They were going to end the project. I saved her before she got archived, though.”

Hazel cooed, pleased to be respected and admired. That wasn’t the sort of reaction she was used to. She hadn’t the faintest clue what Laura was doing with her hands, but she mimicked part of it. [Hello. Hello. Hello.] Then she sat down, quite pleased with herself.

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Archived. Fuck, that sounds like a shady corporate euphemism if I ever heard one," muttered Laura. "Good on you for getting her out. I, uh..."

She rubbed the back of her neck, and wished she was more like this guy, brave and daring enough to pull off a stunt like that as a kid. She'd hardly done as well. Although, to be fair, he'd been on the inside to begin with... but that just raised doubts about whether she'd have had the spine to go against her family, like he had.

"I haven't done anything as impressive as that," she said, after a pause. "But I've been trying to do something similar back home. Big corporation a lot like Aether, secret genetic experiments, all that noise. It's not easy. And it's not like I can talk freely to people about it. I get the feeling here's fine, though."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"SOMEONE! HELP! SOMEONE'S TRYING TO KILL EVERYONE!"
Odile Sparkle Eyes.PNG
"̵B̴u̶t̷ ̶t̴h̸a̶t̷'̴s̶ ̶a̷ ̶g̵o̶o̵d̵ ̵t̷h̵i̶n̷g̵,̷ ̷r̶i̶g̵h̶t̴?̴"̴

Enora Angry Snarl.PNG
"No, it's not! Stop egging everyone on!"

Odile Smug.PNG
"̴S̵t̷o̷p̷ ̶e̴g̶g̶i̴n̷g̷ ̴e̶v̶e̸r̶y̵o̴n̷e̵ ̵o̷n̵.̶"̵
Odette Pissed.PNG

"Don't start with that dumb mimicking bullshit."

Odile Smug.PNG
"D̷o̸n̵'̵t̶ ̸s̴t̵a̴r̶t̴ ̶w̸i̷t̶h̴ ̴t̸h̸a̵t̷ ̷d̴u̴m̶b̵ ̵m̵i̵m̸i̵c̵k̴i̷n̸g̷ ̴b̶u̴l̷l̵s̴h̵i̸t̴.̵"
“But come on, do your worst. I’ve actually been wanting to show you my skills; and I’ve waited for my time to shine. I’ll save these humans and Pokémon from your destructive ways!”
Odile Scary 2.PNG
That wicked smile curled back over Odile's lips as she wrestled herself out of Odette's grasp, staring Zack down. "̷O̶h̵?̷ ̷Y̵o̸u̵ ̵w̷a̶n̵t̴ ̷t̷o̴ ̸b̵a̵t̶t̴l̷e̷ M̷̳͂̈̉̄̏È̵̙̝̂̇̄̇͘͝?̷̞͊ W̶e̸l̵l̵,̸ ̷I̴ ̷c̶a̵n̵'̵t̴ ̸s̴a̴y̷ ̵n̶o̴ ̸t̶o̴-̷-̶"

Odette Pissed.PNG
"Yes, you can. We're not interested."
Odile Neutral Frown.PNG
"B̸U̴T̴ ̶B̵A̸T̶T̸L̸E̷ ̶E̷T̶I̵Q̶U̸E̷T̶T̷E̴ ̸S̶A̴Y̷S̸ ̸Y̸O̸U̷ ̸S̵H̴O̶U̷L̸D̶N̶'̴T̴ ̶R̴E̷F̷U̴S̵E̴ ̴A̵-̷-̸"
Odette Pissed.PNG
"And battle etiquette doesn't account for the fact that you've already fucked with my blood pressure once today, and I'm not letting you touch my system any more."
“When it comes to proving the world that he can be a hero, there’s no stopping him,” Jack told Enora with a sigh. “I just hope Seb can help him.”
Enora Angry Snarl.PNG
Enora reached up a paw and grabbed Jack by the feathers on his chest, yanking him close to her face. She pulled him with such force that their foreheads knocked together.

"You better find a way to stop him, or I'll hyper beam you off the boat for being so complacent! Tell him to stop bothering them!"

Goodness, what was with her today? It was so unladylike of her, but all of her personal manners went out the window when it came to Odette's well-being and Odile's penchant for violence, and unfortunately the two usually went hand-in-hand.

She turned back to Odette. "Please come with me back to the room. We really don't need to be here right now; this is BAD."
Odile Neutral Frown.PNG
"D̸o̵n̵'̶t̶ ̴b̸e̶ ̶s̸u̴c̷h̴ ̷a̸ ̷w̴h̷i̷n̵y̴ ̵b̴a̸b̵y̶,̴ ̸E̷n̴o̵r̴a̸.̴ ̷W̷e̵'̶r̸e̶ ̴a̵l̵l̴ ̵h̵a̴v̴i̶n̴g̴ ̴a̶ ̶r̴o̶l̷l̵i̶c̴k̸i̴n̵g̷ ̸g̷o̸o̷d̴ ̵t̷i̶m̵e̸.̶ ̴" Seriously, if there was anybody on their team who was a fucking killjoy, it was Enora. Shiny or not. Why didn't Odette bring Loic or Ange? Or even Isaur? They were all a good company when they wanted to be.

Odette Pissed.PNG
Now, Odette felt she had no reason to not dip. She was quickly growing aggravated again, what with the amount of people now populating the bar, the ensuing battle, and Odile just exacerbating it all.

"Speak for yourself. She's damn well right, we need to go."

Odile Smug.PNG
"̵S̴p̸e̴a̷k̸ ̴f̴o̵r̶ ̵y̵o̸u̴r̴s̵e̷l̶f̴.̷ ̷S̶h̶e̸'̵s̴ ̶d̴a̷m̶n̵ ̴w̴e̶l̶l̶ ̵r̷i̷g̷h̵t̶,̶ ̷w̷e̶ ̶n̷e̶e̶d̴ ̸t̴o̸ ̶g̶o̷.̴"̵

Odette Pissed.PNG
"ODILE, I SWEAR--"

Last edited:

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"I haven't done anything as impressive as that," she said, after a pause. "But I've been trying to do something similar back home. Big corporation a lot like Aether, secret genetic experiments, all that noise. It's not easy. And it's not like I can talk freely to people about it. I get the feeling here's fine, though."
Gladion’s eyes widened. “Huh.” So that had actually been what she was talking about, he was just lucky to have a related guess.

“Really, I didn’t plan much of it myself. Couldn’t have done it myself. Wish I could help more… Unless I could, like, fuck with the past to help you out. Probably not my sanest idea, though.”

He laughed awkwardly. “Seriously, though, good luck. Embezzle some cash on the way out if you get the chance. It helps.”

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Laura snickered at that. "I'm on a sponsorship deal with the bastards, if that counts. They're literally paying me to snoop on them."

Fucking around with the past didn't sound like a miracle solution. Even if what Gladion did affected her present day, who could tell what butterfly effects could come of interfering? What if it made her problems worse? She shook her head.

"I'll figure it out. I have the luck of not being the only one trying to do some good. ...What about you? You used to being on your own, Gladion?"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"I'm on a sponsorship deal with the bastards, if that counts. They're literally paying me to snoop on them."

"I'll figure it out. I have the luck of not being the only one trying to do some good. ...What about you? You used to being on your own, Gladion?"
Gladion nodded. “Brilliant, you’re a natural. And yeah, I get long better with Hazel than most people, so I’ve adjusted well. It’s been quiet for a while now, for whatever that’s worth here. Was kinda surprised to get invited, really. You got any clue why you’re here?”

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
View attachment 2924
Enora reached up a paw and grabbed Jack by the feathers on his chest, yanking him close to her face. She pulled him with such force that their foreheads knocked together.

"You better find a way to stop him, or I'll hyper beam you off the boat for being so complacent! Tell him to stop bothering them!"
“Alright, I’ll try to reason with him!” Jack wiggled out of Enora’s grasp and flew towards the Pidgey. He wasn’t so confident that he would stop the incoming massacre, but there was still a chance.

“Zack, we gotta get outta here!” Seb shouted in his panic. He was too focused on what was going on that he didn’t notice anything else around him. “This is no time for games!”

“You heard Seb, Zack,” the Farfetch’d told the Pidgey as he flew down towards him. “This is a battle that you might not win.”

“But we’re dealing with a bad guy here!” Zack responded with slight annoyance. “This is my moment!”

“Can’t it wait until we disembark? Chances are that this battle will destroy the ship. We don’t wanna sink an expensive and luxurious cruise, do we?”

“Colateral damage is inevitable when it comes to heroes fighting evil. Sorry.”

“You don’t have to apologize for that, but you seriously need to stop.” Jack placed a feather onto Zack’s shoulder, giving as much reassurance as he could.

“I will stop her! The day has to be saved!” Zack jumped forward, preparing himself to face Odile. “Nobody will die as long as I fight!”

ZACK!” Seb and Jack both shouted, extending an arm and a wing respectively. They could only wait for the worse to happen now.

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
He pointed a claw at Coleane, standing on his seat. "You're a trainer too?"
And now they're talking, too?! Violet and Hazel both echoed within in their minds. For Violet, an exciting opportunity. For Hazel, a terrifying revelation.
"Yeppers, I am!" Coleane said, fanning her wings out in pride. "You're one too? I thought I was the only trainer who was a Pokemon in the whole human world!"
June grinned, showing off his fangs. "Yup, I'm a bona-fide trainer with four badges, see?" He took out his badge case from a backpack only he and Evie could see, showing off said four badges from Kanto before putting it back. "You're like the second Pokémon I've met that's also a trainer." He stuck out a claw. "I'm June, nice to meet ya, and that Pokémon sitting across me is Evie. She's a pretty cool gal."
"That makes two Pokémon-Pokémon trainers then; now that is tantalizing development I hoped to see on an outing like this!" Violet proclaimed, looking back and forth between Coleane and June as her eyes glimmered.

"'Check' these out," Violet replied, trying to use modern lingo. She dug into her pocket and pulled out a case for her own badges, but only two were present: one for Snowpoint City, and the other from Eterna City. It was likely the gym leaders had used their easier teams given her early career. "I am quite the 'radical gal', am I not?"

Violet leaned in closer to the two Pokémon as she assaulted them with a barrage of questions, "So, what kind of teams do you run? Are you able to be more in sync since you can directly speak to each other? Do you sometimes get in the battle, too?"
She looked over at the phone on the table, with the strange symbols she could inexplicably read now. Her bananas shook, and she asked, "What's a Faller?"
Upon the seeing Tropius stare at her device's words, Hazel hastily grabbed her Rotom Phone and clutched it to her chest. "A-A Faller is..."

She gulped and shook her head. This Tropius could very well have also been a victim in this elaborate trap. She had to keep her head cool and gather more information. "A Faller is... someone who arrived to the present world," Her gaze moved to Violet as she added, "... be it from another time," then her eyes moved back to Coleane, "...or another world entirely."

Loosening her grip on her phone, she began to furiously tap on the device as made as many notes on these developments as she could. There were far more questions than answers. [Could every Pokémon on this ship speak in a human language?]No, otherwise she would have been able to as well. Perhaps it was a biological makeup unique to the Pokémon at the table.
She erased the first line and and added a different question: [Was this ship entirely filled with Fallers?]Possibly, but there wasn't enough evidence to support that claim yet. She decided to leave it in her notes just in case.
[...Could we be trapped in some grand illusion?] At that point, Hazel would need to question her reality as she knew it, and that was a Bunnelby hole that she did not want to go down. She deleted that last line without any further delay.
"Noperdoodles, I didn't go through any portals! I came here in my sleep! A voice brought me here! I think it's the same voice that brings humans to my world!" Coleane said, before looking at Hazel. "Yeppers, I'm from another world!"
Hazel paused her typing as the Tropius's words sank in. "A... voice?" She carefully asked, raising a claw. Arceus almighty, was this "voice" a powerful pokémon responsible for all of this then? Could they have disguised themselves and called themselves 'Xavier' as part of their scheme?

No, calm down Hazel. Those were not hypotheses, just nervous conspiracies. She wasn't going to be like one of those people that went around claiming the Skarmory were causing the sky to tear apart by flying in the air, or that the world is only round because it was modeled after a Voltorb. She needed to be more like Violet—

Violet appeared to be giving a finger guns gesture to the two Pokémon in an attempt to look cool.

...In some respects, at least. She took a deep breath, and carefully asked, "What did the voice say? What did they tell you?"

"Just so you are aware Hazel, I still cannot understand a word you are saying," Violet remarked. That at least confirmed one suspicion.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Gladion nodded. “Brilliant, you’re a natural. And yeah, I get long better with Hazel than most people, so I’ve adjusted well. It’s been quiet for a while now, for whatever that’s worth here. Was kinda surprised to get invited, really. You got any clue why you’re here?”

Laura shook her head. "Nope. And I'd need to get to know more passengers before I had anything close to a theory, although it spooks me a little that we both have had run-ins with the same sort of bullshit. No RKS specimens in my life, though. ...Not yet, anyway."

She sighed, and leaned back on the bar. She should order something. She didn't much feel like eating or drinking anything. But she should.

"I'm not that great a trainer, or anything. I don't have a lot of badges, or a lot of 'mon, and the 'mon I do have are liable to leave the team before very long. I waited 'til I was nineteen to get started, and that was in a panic with no license because my goddamn purrloin ran away from home while I was living on campus for my studies. Part of me's hoping that when we meet this 'Xavier' guy, he'll know something about me that'll get me to believe I ought to be here."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
She's from another world... Honestly, that surprised him less than he expected. Guess travelling through numerous worlds really does desensitised you to these things, sheesh.

Although... a voice that brings humans to her world. Now, why did that sound familiar?

June grinned, showing off his fangs. "Yup, I'm a bona-fide trainer with four badges, see?" He took out his badge case from a backpack only he and Evie could see, showing off said four badges from Kanto before putting it back. "You're like the second Pokémon I've met that's also a trainer." He stuck out a claw. "I'm June, nice to meet ya, and that Pokémon sitting across me is Evie. She's a pretty cool gal."

Evie nodded, waving a paw. "Hello."
"Nice to meet you, too!" Coleane said. "It's so cool to meet other trainers who are Pokemon!"
And now they're talking, too?! Violet and Hazel both echoed within in their minds. For Violet, an exciting opportunity. For Hazel, a terrifying revelation.

"That makes two Pokémon-Pokémon trainers then; now that is tantalizing development I hoped to see on an outing like this!" Violet proclaimed, looking back and forth between Coleane and June as her eyes glimmered.

"'Check' these out," Violet replied, trying to use modern lingo. She dug into her pocket and pulled out a case for her own badges, but only two were present: one for Snowpoint City, and the other from Eterna City. It was likely the gym leaders had used their easier teams given her early career. "I am quite the 'radical gal', am I not?"

Violet leaned in closer to the two Pokémon as she assaulted them with a barrage of questions, "So, what kind of teams do you run? Are you able to be more in sync since you can directly speak to each other? Do you sometimes get in the battle, too?"

Upon the seeing Tropius stare at her device's words, Hazel hastily grabbed her Rotom Phone and clutched it to her chest. "A-A Faller is..."

She gulped and shook her head. This Tropius could very well have also been a victim in this elaborate trap. She had to keep her head cool and gather more information. "A Faller is... someone who arrived to the present world," Her gaze moved to Violet as she added, "... be it from another time," then her eyes moved back to Coleane, "...or another world entirely."

Loosening her grip on her phone, she began to furiously tap on the device as made as many notes on these developments as she could. There were far more questions than answers. [Could every Pokémon on this ship speak in a human language?]No, otherwise she would have been able to as well. Perhaps it was a biological makeup unique to the Pokémon at the table.
She erased the first line and and added a different question: [Was this ship entirely filled with Fallers?]Possibly, but there wasn't enough evidence to support that claim yet. She decided to leave it in her notes just in case.
[...Could we be trapped in some grand illusion?] At that point, Hazel would need to question her reality as she knew it, and that was a Bunnelby hole that she did not want to go down. She deleted that last line without any further delay.

Hazel paused her typing as the Tropius's words sank in. "A... voice?" She carefully asked, raising a claw. Arceus almighty, was this "voice" a powerful pokémon responsible for all of this then? Could they have disguised themselves and called themselves 'Xavier' as part of their scheme?

No, calm down Hazel. Those were not hypotheses, just nervous conspiracies. She wasn't going to be like one of those people that went around claiming the Skarmory were causing the sky to tear apart by flying in the air, or that the world is only round because it was modeled after a Voltorb. She needed to be more like Violet—

Violet appeared to be giving a finger guns gesture to the two Pokémon in an attempt to look cool.

...In some respects, at least. She took a deep breath, and carefully asked, "What did the voice say? What did they tell you?"

"Just so you are aware Hazel, I still cannot understand a word you are saying," Violet remarked. That at least confirmed one suspicion.
"Oh! So I'm a Faller!" Coleane said with a flap of her wings. "And the Voice asked told me I was going to the human world, asked me some questions, called me hasty, and said I needed to become 'the greatest trainer there ever was'!"

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
“I will stop her! The day has to be saved!” Zack jumped forward, preparing himself to face Odile. “Nobody will die as long as I fight!”
Odile Neutral Grin.PNG
"W̵e̶l̷l̵,̷ ̷s̴o̸m̴e̶b̵o̴d̸y̵'̵s̶ ̴g̶o̴n̴n̷a̴ ̷d̵i̸e̸,̵ ̸a̸n̵d̸ ̶i̶t̶'̷s̶ ̸p̸r̷o̴b̴a̶b̶l̴y̴ ̷g̴o̶n̴n̵a̷ ̴b̷e̸ ̷y̸o̸u̶,̶ ̵b̶o̵z̵o̸.̸" Seriously, this was so easy. She'd barely done anything and she already had this bird coming at her. This was going to be a fantastic trip. Two battles happening at once, and she was INVOLVED in one? Was this what that heaven thing felt like?

"̷W̵e̵l̸l̴,̸ ̴y̸o̴u̸ ̶h̶e̷a̸r̸d̷ ̸t̴h̷e̶ ̵f̵u̸c̸k̶e̸r̶,̷ ̷O̴d̵e̵t̷t̸e̷.̶ ̴B̸e̴t̶t̶e̷r̶ ̴p̷o̶w̷e̷r̵ ̷m̸e̶ ̶u̴p̷ ̴s̴o̷ ̸n̵o̵b̴o̴d̵y̶ ̵h̸a̴s̴ ̴t̷o̸-̸-̴"̷

Odette Pissed 2.PNG
With the Grudge out of her system and the tequila in place, she felt less inclined to lose her cool again. Even though she'd had water in her body now, she still felt that alcohol based sleepiness.

She knew letting Odile back into her system was a bad idea, even for a conference like this, where it might have been useful.

Wasn't this a gathering for unusual trainers? Wasn't her affinity for Odile and Blood Types in general her whole reason for being invited? So why was this idiot trying to pick a fight with her, in the BAR? Acting like she was going to slaughter everyone on the boat. Odile might threaten it, but there was nothing she could do until she had blood (or a knife, which was forbidden). And if Odette could help it, that wasn't happening right now. If people KNEW about Blood Types, they wouldn't be throwing around such belligerent words; they wouldn't be so shocked to see Odile. Right? That was supposed to be the whole point of this...an act toward understanding of these new types. Toward her.

Was it possible that she overthought this? What if nobody aboard had any idea what Odile was?

It was then that she realized she'd seen Wallace.

Wallace...wasn't from her world, was he? So did that mean...

"Putain," she groused as everything suddenly dawned on her. That shot was a horrible idea. Completely slowed down her logical thought.

She yanked Odile behind her. "Enora, Hyper Voice."

Enora Angry Snarl.PNG
"Gods..."

She supposed it was better than immediately powering Odile up. At least Odette had regained some of her sense.

Enora was quick to bound forward, putting herself between Odette, Odile, and the obnoxious wannabe heroic bird. She arched her back as a last warning to get him to back off, but it was clear he was dead set on trying to prove something that didn't need proving. Pestering her poor human while she was just trying to calm back down. She'd make him regret that without Odile's help.

She opened her mouth, and her shrill whistle tones echoed through the space. The sound waves suddenly became visible with a pale pink glow, that brightened and brightened until they lit up the darkened bar. They proceeded to aim downward toward Zack, and shot toward him with breakneck speed.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"I'm not that great a trainer, or anything. I don't have a lot of badges, or a lot of 'mon, and the 'mon I do have are liable to leave the team before very long. I waited 'til I was nineteen to get started, and that was in a panic with no license because my goddamn purrloin ran away from home while I was living on campus for my studies. Part of me's hoping that when we meet this 'Xavier' guy, he'll know something about me that'll get me to believe I ought to be here."
“Oh.”

Gladion mulled over that for a moment. “That’s not too late, really. An extra year’s not so bad. I’m sure you’ll do alright.”

A chill went down his spine at the thought of Mr. Xavier knowing more about them than they did. “I guess if he’s from our future, he would… have the chance to know more than normal. That bodes well for you…” And poorly for me.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Laura tried to smile. "Thanks. An extra year, huh? You Alolans wait 'til eighteen? Galarish kids are off on junior circuits as young as thirteen."

It helped. Really, it did.

Laura turned and ordered a plate of chips and a lemonade, her appetite returning enough to contemplate eating something.

"How about you? Got much trainer experience, any 'mon besides Hazel?"

Last edited:

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"Enora, Hyper Voice."

View attachment 2931
"Gods..."

She supposed it was better than immediately powering Odile up. At least Odette had regained some of her sense.

Enora was quick to bound forward, putting herself between Odette, Odile, and the obnoxious wannabe heroic bird. She arched her back as a last warning to get him to back off, but it was clear he was dead set on trying to prove something that didn't need proving. Pestering her poor human while she was just trying to calm back down. She'd make him regret that without Odile's help.

She opened her mouth, and her shrill whistle tones echoed through the space. The sound waves suddenly became visible with a pale pink glow, that brightened and brightened until they lit up the darkened bar. They proceeded to aim downward toward Zack, and shot toward him with breakneck speed.
Zack stumbled in midair and fell to the ground, kneeling and holding his head after having received the attack. “Agh! My ears!”

“Oh dang!” Seb was fortunate enough to not have been too close to the sound waves. “Zack, please come back here!” He took out a Poké Ball, but he was out of range for it to absorb the Pidgey.

“Oof…” Zack shook a bit as he stood back up on his talons. “I see. I was trusting you for a moment, babe, but now I see where your loyalty lies. Traitor!” He kicked up some dust, aiming towards Enora’s eyes.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"KILL THEM ALL!" He shrieked before rushing at the man.
No doubt about it. This man was absolutely unhinged. Wes was now regretting his decision to pull the trigger.

Novo was immediately buried under the opposing Espeon and Umbreon. Wes sprang to his feet and whipped out his dagger. He didn’t care if they were Pokémon, if Novo was in danger, he wouldn’t hesitate—

The lights flickered, then went out. Not bothering to question how or why, Wes seized the opportunity. “Novo!”

He needn’t have bothered; Novo instinctively took advantage of the momentary distraction. With a Protect, he managed to shove his foes away just long enough for him to scramble back to Wes’ side.

Wes crouched, grabbed Novo’s scruff, and whistled another high note. A bark from nearby told him Neo had not been far behind his brother.

Pop! In a flash, the other man’s Espeon vanished and Neo appeared in his place. He bounded over to his trainer, fur bristling and eyes wide with bewilderment.

“Yeah, same here, bud,” Wes said weakly. He held both his Pokémon close to him and looked at the raging man who was getting back to his feet. Wes wondered if it was worth it to stay and fight this lunatic, or—
The lightbulbs popped out in rapid succession, and several of the bottles on the shelves exploded simultaneously, sending some of the glass shards flying. Odette couldn't duck, because she'd gone completely stiff. A cloud of black shadows began to form from the small of her back, and it wasn't long before a hand reached out.

Followed by another, followed by a form that looked exactly identical to hers...except it still managed to be all wrong.
Oh, to hell with that.

His question sufficiently answered, Wes jumped up. “Right, I’ve seen enough. Let’s get the hell out of here.”

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon

Zack stumbled in midair and fell to the ground, kneeling and holding his head after having received the attack. “Agh! My ears!”

“Oh dang!” Seb was fortunate enough to not have been too close to the sound waves. “Zack, please come back here!” He took out a Poké Ball, but he was out of range for it to absorb the Pidgey.

“Oof…” Zack shook a bit as he stood back up on his talons. “I see. I was trusting you for a moment, babe, but now I see where your loyalty lies. Traitor!” He kicked up some dust, aiming towards Enora’s eyes.
Suddenly, a shadow fell over the confrontation, and Aggron coolly stood between the two combatants, his back to the angry Pidgey.

"Hmm," said Steven, moving to stand beside his partner. He glanced around the room thoughtfully. "This doesn't look like the onboard battle arena. I could swear it was on another floor."

At this, he leveled his gaze with the dark haired trainer and her shiny Sylveon. Aggron took a peek over his shoulder at the Pidgey.

"I'd prefer it if you kept any squabbles to the proper facilities, as a courtesy to the other passengers."

There was no accusatory tone to Steven's voice, but it was clear he was not in the mood for negotiation.

"I'd appreciate it if we all made it to the island in one piece, and without sinking the ship before we arrive."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"Thanks. An extra year, huh? You Alolans wait 'til eighteen? Galarish kids are off on junior circuits as young as thirteen."
Damn. Knew Galar didn’t mess around with that stuff, but wow. I guess gyms are probably safer than an island challenge, but still. Takes a special case and lots of paperwork for us to let a sixteen year old go.”

"How about you? Got much trainer experience, any 'mon besides Hazel?"
Gladion nodded. “Unofficially, yeah. Can’t exactly do a challenge with a Null. I also have a Sneasel, and as of recently a lil Zubat. Our job’s to deal with rich island challengers who start being dicks. Teach ‘em their limits, you know?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom