• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

AQ - S.S. Trousselin

Status
Not open for further replies.

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
She began wandering the ship in search of her companion, before stumbling upon the "bar". She walked in, and saw a Charmander, a strange Pokemon she'd never seen before, a Weavile, and...another human!

Wings flaring up in delight, Coleane asked the whole group, "Hi! Have any of you seen an Oshawott wearing a red reunion cape? I'm looking for him!"
Turning towards the voice, Violet began to respond, "I do not believe I ha—" her throat tightened as she saw the looming delight that was the Tropius. She paused, trying to look at each side and behind the Pokémon before craning her neck, pointing and asking, "Was that... you who spoke just now...?" She quirked a brow as she bit the underside of her lip. Pokémon couldn't talk, not even in the future. Unless Hazel had just been pulling a really elaborate prank, but that didn't make sense. Violet pulled the pranks, after all.

Hazel scratched the top of her head and hummed. She thought she had heard the Tropius speak in human tongue, but that was physically impossible. It was not for lack understanding — psychics could telepathically communicate no problem — they simply lacked the vocal chords to make it happen. She herself had tried to mimicking the noises much as a Chatot would, but it just came out as gross, saliva-packed hisses that vaguely sounded like words.

Hazel must've just misheard.

"Sorry, we haven't," she responded in Poké-speak, shaking her head, "Though I must say, your leaves are looking quite lively! Who helps to water and trim them? I would love to meet them!"

Last edited:

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
  9. zorua
Turning towards the voice, Violet began to respond, "I do not believe I ha—" her throat tightened as she saw the looming delight that was the Tropius. She paused, trying to look at each side and behind the Pokémon before craning her neck, pointing and asking, "Was that... you who spoke just now...?" She quirked a brow as she bit the underside of her lip. Pokémon couldn't talk, not even in the future. Unless Hazel had just been pulling a really elaborate prank, but that didn't make sense. Violet pulled the pranks, after all.

Hazel scratched the top of her head and hummed. She thought she had heard the Tropius speak in human tongue, but that was physically impossible. It was not for lack understanding — psychics could telepathically communicate no problem — they simply lacked the vocal chords to make it happen. She herself had tried to mimicking the noises much as a Chatot would, but it just came out as gross, saliva-packed hisses that vaguely sounded like words. Hazel must've just misheard. "Sorry, we haven't," she responded in Poké-speak, shaking her head, "Though I must say, your leaves are looking quite lively! Who helps to water and trim them? I would love to meet them!"
"Yep, that was me who spoke!" Coleane said, fanning out her wings. "I take care of them all by myself! Though sometimes Gen helps me water them now! Gen's the Oshawott I was talking about!"

She trots over, before picking up a menu in one of her wings, and looking it over. "What are all these weird human drinks?" she asked.
("Próseche ti glóssa sou, Mikouri.")

Victoria huffed as she slithered off away from Wallace and Steven. She trusted Wallace with Steven. She trusted them to be stable around him.

She loved them. Really, truly, she did. But sometimes, they could be the stupidest, randiest, most eccentric, wildest, dumbest creation ever birthed by the land, sea, and sky.

She wouldn't trade them for the world.

Maybe she could go to the spa... or maybe she could talk to the Oshawatt that Wallace seemed to recognize.

Victoria Confused.png

("Hello there. My name is Victoria—Victory. You seem to know Wallace. Who might you be, and how are you doing?")
Gen looked up, seeing a Milotic nearby. He hesitated, then waved. Wait...they knew Wallace? He hadn't seen Wallace since...a while ago, in that run-down stage. "Um...h-hi. M-my name is Gen Taranz," he said, gripping onto his reunion cape. "I'm...doing alright."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Odette Neutral.PNG
Odette would have been paying attention to the newcomers that just walked into the bar, were she not so preoccupied with the voice in her head.

O̷d̴e̶t̴t̸e̴,̸ ̴I̶'̵m̷ ̷b̵o̴r̷e̶d̶.̵ ̷I̶ ̷h̶a̵v̷e̵ ̵a̸ ̷r̴e̷q̶u̴e̷s̵t̷.̴

She resisted the urge to groan. What, dare I ask, do you want?

S̵i̴m̴p̵l̸y̵ ̵p̶u̵t̸,̶ ̴I̸ ̷w̴o̷u̴l̷d̸ ̶l̷i̷k̸e̶ ̸t̵o̵ ̶c̴a̴u̶s̷e̵ ̷a̴ ̸s̵c̶e̷n̸e̴.̸ ̵

Odette rolled her eyes and made herself take a sip of her water so she didn't yell out in annoyance. At least she was being honest, but still. No. Fuck no.

I̴ ̵w̷o̵u̶l̸d̴ ̸l̷i̵k̸e̴-̵-̶

Odile, stop--

-̴-̴t̶o̷ ̶c̵a̸u̸s̶e̵ ̸p̷r̸o̵b̴l̶e̴m̴s̸-̷-̷

I SAID STOP YOU DICKASS--

-̷-̷o̷n̷ ̵p̸u̵r̶p̶o̸s̷e̷.̸ ̷

It was there that she sighed out loud and pinched the bridge of her nose as a headache came on.

I know it's in your disposition to piss people off and cause trouble, but we're here to AMMEND our gripes with each other, not cause more. If you could keep your violence boner in your pants for ten fucking minutes, I would call that progress.

The silence that followed was blissful, but of course Odette knew that wouldn't last.

M̷a̶'̷a̴m̴,̸ ̴I̵ ̷h̴a̴v̴e̵ ̶a̸b̶s̵o̵l̸u̵t̴e̷l̶y̴ ̷N̷O̴ ̴g̷r̶i̵p̵e̶s̶ ̸w̶i̵t̶h̶ ̶y̴o̴u̸.̷ ̵Y̷o̷u̸'̴r̷e̸ ̶p̴e̶r̶f̸e̶c̵t̸.̶ ̴A̷n̵d̴ ̴y̸o̶u̶'̴d̵ ̸b̶e̴ ̶e̷v̷e̵n̵ ̵m̸o̶r̷e̵ ̷p̸e̴r̵f̴e̸c̴t̵ ̵i̸f̵ ̶y̷o̴u̶'̶d̷ ̵j̴u̶s̶t̵ ̸l̷e̶t̷ ̴m̴e̸ ̴c̴a̴t̷c̷a̴l̷l̶ ̴t̸h̷a̷t̶ ̷g̵u̷y̸ ̴a̶t̴ ̷t̴h̵e̶-̴-̷

Odile, I swear on all that is good and fucking holy, if you don't STAY IN MY GODDAMN BLOODSTREAM, I am going to tie you to a table, staple your eyes open, and force you to watch Friends all over again. Mark my fucking words.

She abruptly stood up and flagged down the bartender, not giving Odile a chance to respond. "I need the biggest shot of tequila you carry."

Odette Pissed 2.PNG
She didn't know what she was expecting, but when the bartender eyed her dubiously, she almost smashed her glass on the counter in a brief surge of rage. Instead, she got ahold of herself and fished her ID out of the case on her phone and shoved it into his hands.

"See? See? I am twenty five years old. Shot of tequila, à présent."

Enora Sus.PNG
As the bartender ran off for the drink, Enora shot a questioning look at Odette. "What's your deal?" she asked. She had a strong feeling she knew, but she supposed it was better to ask than remain quiet.

Odette Deadpan w Sweatdrop.PNG
Odette slowly sat down and took a deep breath before chugging the rest of her water. Stopping the onslaught exhaustion at it's start.

"All good. The best time to take a shot of alcohol is after a run, don't you know that?"

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
  2. koraidon-apex
“Oh, there she goes,” Seb muttered as he looked at where Coleane went. “Honestly, it’s cool that there’s a talking Tropius here. Maybe we’ll have a friendly match if we take on the Galar League together?”

“Such a nice girl,” Jack said, smiling. He slung his leek over his shoulder. “So many humans and Pokémon… Who to pass some time with?”

“I’ll let you guys have fun,” Seb told the birds, adjusting his jacket. “We’ll reunite when we disembark.” He wandered off towards the pool area, careful not to get wet. He’d rather let the wind refresh his face than a cold splash. Besides, he was just going to observe calmly—he wasn’t that good at starting conversations. He would jump into one once he heard something that interested him.

Meanwhile, Zack and Jack were walking together, talking to each other.

“Ever wondered where we’re going?” Jack asked.

“Not really,” Zack answered. He looked up with anticipation. “But if the place has chicks—”

“Didn’t I tell you to cut that out?”

“Okay, okay, chicks later. Either way, if the place has a bad guy runnin’ around, I’m gonna stop ‘em.”

“Oh, right, I kinda forgot you wanted to be a famous hero. I won’t stop you.”

“They’re gonna love the news when they talk about me! I can already see it.” Zack slowly waved a wing above him as he imagined a headline. “Zack the Pidgeot, international hero, saves the day!”

“Hah. Well, better work for it.” Jack stopped after catching a glimpse of what happened at the bar. He saw a black-haired woman with glasses shout at the bartender. The mention of alcohol worried him a bit. What exactly was the woman going through? And if he was not mistaken, she spoke to a blue Sylveon in a way that implied she understood it?

“Hey, Jack-o man,” Zack called from a nearby distance. “What’s wrong? Didja find a chick?”

“Yeah,” Jack responded, “but she may not be your type. At all.”

Zack, curious, went to see what exactly his Farfetch’d friend was talking about. He saw the angry human woman and the Sylveon beside her. “Uh, yeah, you’re right. Humans are a no-go for me.”

Jack turned towards the Sylveon. “Uh, excuse me. Is that your Trainer? What’s going on here?”

Last edited:

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
His first reaction was a snort and a very firm hell no.

But then the letters kept coming, and each time it made him more and more tense. Just who were these people, how did they know him, and how did they find him…?

“Sounds suspicious as hell, if you ask me.” Duking’s voice had crackled over the line, and Wes quietly cursed himself for not finding a place with better reception before the call. Not that Orre had many of those places, but still.

Duking’s next line was one Wes wasn’t expecting. “You should go.”

Wes raised an eyebrow at that. “Seriously?”

“This could be a trick up Cipher’s sleeve, and if that’s the case, we should investigate.”

“If it’s Cipher, then it’s a trap,” Wes said pointedly. Plus, it’s not even in Orre.”

“All the more reason to look into it. If Cipher tries to drag other regions into this mess, we could have a much larger issue on our hands. The League doesn’t exactly hold Orre in high regard.”

Hah. That was an understatement.

Wes didn’t reply right away. He stared out across the desert, acutely aware of the sun beating down on his shoulders. He could see the faint silhouette of Phenac in the distance. To leave right now…well, hadn’t he already left for a while? He’d spent the last week in the desert, trying and failing to clear his head, to forget recent events, to shut out the image of her betrayed expression, the anger and hurt and tears in her eyes—

He tightened his grip around his phone. Yeah. He could use a distraction right now. Another mission. A change of scenery. Anything. “All right. I’ll go.”

“You said they’ll only let you bring up to two Pokémon, right?” Duking’s voice crackled again, and Wes shifted his position a bit, as if that would somehow help. “Go ahead and send the others to us through a PC. We’ll take good care of them.”

Wes couldn’t help but let out a small laugh. “Just like that, then? Not worried I’ll take off and never come back? If I didn’t know any better, I’d think you were starting to trust me.”

He heard a low chuckle on the other end of the line. When Duking spoke again, Wes thought he could almost hear the man’s smile in his tone.

“Well, kid. Maybe I do.”

The smell of salt. A steady breeze. Wes couldn’t help but choke out a bitter laugh when he saw the ocean for the first time. After all this time, he was finally on a boat and leaving the shores of Orre, but they weren’t heading anywhere near Johto. Figures. It really was comical at this point.

And then there was the boat.

He stared up at the massive thing, at a loss for words. After a moment, all he could manage was “What. The hell?”

“Isn’t she something?” A man passing by, who appeared to be a crew member based on his uniform, paused to reply with a grin. “Newest and greatest boat we’ve seen around these parts!”

Wes stared at him. “That’s not a boat.” It couldn’t be. Surely. Boats weren’t any bigger than a large house at best. No way could something this big actually float, this had to be an elaborate trick, or—

The man simply laughed and clapped him on the shoulder. “You’re right, eh? She’s a whole lot more than that! Well, I hope you enjoy what we have to offer on board! Speak in’ of which, you should follow me this way, make sure you have your ticket ready…”

Thirty minutes later and against his better judgement, Wes found himself on the top deck, staring dazedly out over the endless expanse of blue.

He felt more and more on edge with each passing second as they set out to sea. Not only had he been teleported to—to gods know where, but this boat itself was…fancy. Too fancy. Nobody with this kind of money would spend so much on a bunch of strangers. At least, nobody without some sort of hidden agenda.

The fact that they were on the ocean, with no land in sight, certainly didn’t help matters. Wes tried not to think about that too much. Somehow this thing could float, so it wouldn’t just suddenly sink…Right? Oh gods, why did I think coming here was a good idea.

Neo was practically vibrating with excitement at Wes’ feet. He kneaded the ground with his forepaws, his head turning this way and that, as if he was trying to see everything at every angle all at once.

“Remember, this isn’t a vacation,” Wes said to him in a low murmur. “Stay close to me and keep an eye out for anything suspicious. Got it?”

Novo stood at attention and replied with a sharp bark. Neo sighed, his ears and tail drooping a bit. “Spiiiii…” he whined.

“Look, I don’t trust this place, and neither should you. Let’s take a look around and get a feel for the layout.”

And so they did. Wes had never known a boat could be this massive; it was like an isolated little city. He was sure the staff alone had more people than any small town in Orre. They even had a gym, and a spa, and—pools. Pools? What, being in the middle of the gods-damned ocean wasn’t good enough? Holy hell.

The sparkling water fountains surrounding some of the pools reminded him of Phenac, and the image left a bitter taste in his mouth. Damn these rich people and their bizarre obsession with surrounding themselves with water.

Wes noticed a man lurking in a far corner of the bar near the pool, maintaining a healthy distance from anything that breathed, and couldn’t help but agree that this guy had the right idea. It seemed most people were milling about in this area anyway, so he decided to take a seat in another secluded area along the bar and observe what he could. Neo and Novo followed suit and sat dutifully as his feet, with Novo sitting alert and upright and Neo sulking and staring longingly at the other Pokémon that were frolicking in the water.

Wes managed a tiny, strained smile and scratched the Espeon between his ears. “Don’t worry, bud. Let me get a better feel for this place first, and then I’ll let you play—but only if you promise to dig for some info while you do.”

This was going to be a long two weeks.

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
  5. farfetchd
There were surprisingly few people at the bar--okay, maybe most people didn't go looking for the bar the very instant they got on a luxury cruise, but whatever, their loss. Or maybe the seriously ripped chick hanging around scared them all off. Nate eyed her sidelong while he tried to figure out what the had that was least likely to be the kind of thing you stuck a tiny umbrella in. Looked like she could bench a fucking tank. Rock-type trainer or something, doing some real Method shit with it? Whatever.
Prim is used to a bit of ogling. She's stranger everywhere she goes, and one decked in armor no less. She'd hoped that she'd be able to blend in a little more on this ship where everyone was a stranger to each other, and despite her reservations about walking onto a boat unarmed and unguarded with no escape plan, she'd even come dressed in a breezy, casual outfit.

The skinny young man that enters the bar shortly after her quickly dashes any such hopes of going unnoticed. She can practically feel his gaze burning holes through her skin, like she's some kind of rare pokémon and he's trying to guess at her weaknesses from her coloration. "You," she says. "Enough staring. Are you going to order a drink or what?"

She stares back at him to punctuate her point. He's disheveled and his eyes and there's a profound tiredness swirling deep in his eyes. His hands are soft, but overall he has the look of a laborer. It occurs to Prim that he's probably illiterate. What if he was staring because he was trying to work up the courage to ask for help reading the menu?

She sighs. This is supposed to be a vacation—she really should be trying harder to relax, maybe even make friends. Instead she'd made it all about herself and probably frightened this poor man with her attitude. "Look," she adds, "if you need help reading the menu, you can just ask. It's nothing to be ashamed of."

She abruptly stood up and flagged down the bartender, not giving Odile a chance to respond. "I need the biggest shot of tequila you carry."

She didn't know what she was expecting, but when the bartender eyed her dubiously, she almost smashed her glass on the counter in a brief surge of rage. Instead, she got ahold of herself and fished her ID out of the case on her phone and shoved it into his hands.

"See? See? I am twenty five years old. Shot of tequila, à présent."

As the bartender ran off for the drink, Enora shot a questioning look at Odette. "What's your deal?" she asked. She had a strong feeling she knew, but she supposed it was better to ask than remain quiet.

Odette slowly sat down and took a deep breath before chugging the rest of her water. Stopping the onslaught exhaustion at it's start.

"All good. The best time to take a shot of alcohol is after a run, don't you know that?"
Prim's attention is seized by the young lady making a scene with the barkeep. She doesn't understand half the words the boisterous, raven-haired woman says, but the barkeep seems to follow well enough; he gets to work pouring what looks like water into the tiniest glass she's ever seen, then rims it with salt. Prim quirks an eyebrow. "What in the three hells is that?" she asks. "We're on a boat surrounded by sea water, why are you making this poor man prepare some for you from scratch in a little thimble?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
  9. zorua
("Well Gen, it's a pleasure to meet you, and it's wonderful to see other Water types here. By the way, that's a pretty cape you have. Who designed it? I simply must know."
"Um...I'm n-not sure," Gen said, gripping onto his reunion cape. "I just...f-found it."

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
"Hello. Lovely weather, isn't it?" he said to no one in particular. Good conversation starter, good.

The sound of a voice nearby broke Kimiko out of her trance, finally managing to tear her gaze away from Blue and sit upright. She had missed most of what the boy had said, being completely zoned out for a few moments there, something about jellicent... was that the name of the giant floating blue squid-like thing next to him? She'd never seen one before, but for some reason, it unnerved her. Olivia likewise stood up and crouched down in a defensive position; she even started to growl. What was this about, now?

"Olivia, what's gotten into you today? We're here to relax, okay?"

"Sorry about her, no idea what she's on edge for all of a sudden," Kimiko said, speaking to the newcomer. She figured she may as well be polite; she was going to be spending a couple weeks with whoever was on this boat, and she had no idea how often they'd be engaging each other while they were on the island. Well... that, and the fact that a simple afternoon of sunbathing and swimming peacefully no longer seemed likely, what with people randomly engaging conversation and that massive menace of a charizard several chairs over.

She didn't recognize this boy, but then again, she somehow didn't recognize Blue, either. Perhaps this kid was another gym leader somewhere? So far she'd already met two people from areas different from her own, so it would be logical to assume she'd find people here she wouldn't recognize, right? Although she wasn't a gym leader, herself... maybe it was better not to assume anything for the time being. "Anyway, yes, it's very nice out today!"

...Was that it? Come on, you can do better than that! she chided herself. But it was hard to respond when she hadn't heard anything he'd said after that. How could she reply without being rude? "I, uhm... sorry, I didn't catch your name."

While Olivia did back down from the blue pokemon, it was only because her trainer asked it of her. Obviously, her human couldn't sense the ghost aura surrounding him; he was surely to be just as dangerous as all the other ghosts they'd met! But so far, he hadn't acted threatening, or really done anything at all... so Olivia would just keep an eye on him. The second he became a threat, she'd shadow ball him all the way to the island.
"Um...h-hi," he said, in the human language.

With her trainer distracted, Olivia spotted another pokemon arriving in the area. Still hesitant to take her watchful eye off the ghost, something about the new pokemon piqued her interest. Had it just... spoken in human tongue?!

"Espiiii!!" Olivia trilled at the small pokemon. ("Hi! Did you just speak in human language?? I'm a psychic and even I can't do that! How do you do it?! Who are you? What pokemon are you? Can you teach me?!")

and Neo sulking and staring longingly at the other Pokémon that were frolicking in the water.

In the middle of interrogating the poor smaller blue pokemon, Olivia's psychic senses tingled; there was another psychic nearby. A quick curious scan of the area revealed... another espeon!! And not just that, but an umbreon, too! Olivia immediately started to turn and dash in that direction, but caught sight of the bigger blue pokemon as she did so and stopped. Right. Right now, she was supposed to be protecting her trainer from a danger she wasn't even aware of! So Olivia couldn't just run off, despite how every fiber of her being wanted to go and investigate. Plus, it would be rude to just harass the smaller blue pokemon and then just run away.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
  9. zorua
"Ah, no worry, Gen! It's a very nice cape, and it looks great on you. I think I saw you with a Tropius... are you two from Hoenn, by any chance?"
"Um...n-no. I'm from Johto, and Coleane is f-from...somewhere else," Gen said, before hearing an Espeon near him.
"Espiiii!!" Olivia trilled at the small pokemon. ("Hi! Did you just speak in human language?? I'm a psychic and even I can't do that! How do you do it?! Who are you? What pokemon are you? Can you teach me?!")
As the Espeon went on, Gen began to tremble, gripping onto his reunion cape tightly. "Um...I've always b-been able to do it," Gen said. It was technically the truth. "M-my name is Gen Taranz. I don't th-think I'd be able t-to teach you. And I'm..."

A human.

"...a-an Oshawott."

Last edited:

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"You," she says. "Enough staring. Are you going to order a drink or what?"
Odette Sus.PNG
Well it seemed that the tanky woman had a voice.

D̴A̷M̸M̷I̴T̷,̶ ̶O̶D̴E̴T̴T̶E̸.̶ ̸L̶O̶O̴K̶ ̶W̷H̸A̴T̴ ̶Y̵O̷U̷ ̴D̷I̶D̴.̶ ̷S̷H̴E̵ ̵C̸A̵T̷C̸A̴L̶L̸E̸D̶ ̷H̵I̵M̴ ̴B̶E̴F̸O̴R̸E̵ ̷I̵ ̶D̵I̸D̷.̷ ̸

Odette rolled her eyes, just as the bartender returned with her teeny drink. She raised it to him and nodded in a mixture of thanks and apology. She'd have to return to her room and grab some cash for a tip later. But for now, she just needed to down this.

"Look," she adds, "if you need help reading the menu, you can just ask. It's nothing to be ashamed of."
As she held the shot to her lips, she found herself pausing at the tall woman's insult. Goddamn, right for the fucking jugular like that?

O̴O̶O̵O̷O̵O̵O̷O̶O̷O̷H̸H̷H̷H̸H̸H̷H̶H̴H̴H̸H̷H̸H̷,̴ ̵I̴ ̵L̶I̵K̵E̵ ̵H̷E̵R̵ ̶A̷C̸T̶U̵A̴L̴L̶Y̵.̸ ̴B̴E̸ ̸F̶R̴I̵E̵N̸D̸S̴ ̶W̶I̶T̷H̷ ̵H̷E̸R̴.̴ ̴

I'd rather not talk to anybody I don't have to, Odette thought.

M̶a̷y̷b̵e̷ ̶s̷h̵e̶ ̸c̵a̶n̵ ̷t̴e̴a̵c̸h̴ ̶y̷o̴u̸ ̷h̵o̶w̸ ̶t̸o̷ ̴b̸e̶ ̵t̷a̴l̴l̶e̸r̴.̴ ̷ ̴

Alright, fuck you too.

O̷d̸e̴t̶t̷e̸ ̵s̷h̵e̶ ̷i̶n̴s̸u̶l̵t̵e̷d̷ ̴h̵i̷s̸ ̸L̴I̵T̶E̷R̸A̸C̴Y̴.̸ ̸T̵h̶a̷t̸'̴s̸ ̴P̴R̵I̶M̷E̶ ̷f̷r̶i̷e̷n̷d̵s̶h̴i̴p̵ ̴m̶a̴t̷e̴r̴i̵a̸l̷.̶ ̶I̵ ̴w̶o̷u̴l̷d̶ ̵n̶e̷v̷e̷r̶ ̸s̶t̵e̶e̵r̶ ̸y̷o̷u̸ ̵w̴r̴o̶n̵g̴ ̴o̵n̷ ̷t̸h̶i̷s̸.̷ ̶B̸E̵.̷ ̴F̵R̶I̶E̶N̴D̸S̸.̴ ̶W̷I̸T̵H̴.̸ ̵H̶E̶R̷.̶ ̷

"What in the three hells is that?" she asks. "We're on a boat surrounded by sea water, why are you making this poor man prepare some for you from scratch in a little thimble?"
Odette Startled.PNG
Having not expected to be regarded, the woman's sudden words startled her. For a second, Odette thought the woman had simply read her mind and heard Odile's incessant yelling, but no. She was just asking about her baby drink. Thank gods.

G̶R̷E̷A̸T̷,̸ ̵n̶o̸w̷'̸s̶ ̸y̶o̶u̷r̴ ̶c̴h̵a̷n̸c̸e̸.̸ ̶F̵l̷i̶r̶t̵ ̴u̴n̴t̵i̸l̷ ̴t̸h̶e̴ ̸M̶i̵l̶t̸a̷n̸k̵s̵ ̵c̸o̵m̴e̴ ̶h̴o̵m̴e̷.̵ ̶

Odette Pissed 2.PNG
It took everything in Odette's being to not exclaim outright. What the fuck happened to 'be friends with her'?

W̷o̵m̶e̷n̵ ̵l̸i̵k̸e̴ ̶w̵h̸e̸n̸ ̵o̸t̵h̶e̷r̵ ̸w̵o̵m̵e̴n̵ ̴f̷l̸i̸r̴t̴ ̶w̵i̴t̷h̴ ̴t̸h̵e̷m̶.̶ ̸D̴o̶n̷'̸t̷ ̸c̶o̸r̷r̵e̵c̸t̴ ̸m̸e̷,̵ ̷I̵'̸m̷ ̸a̷n̵ ̴e̵x̵p̸e̷r̶t̸.̵ ̴

No, you only think you're a fucking expert because I'm bise--

F̸L̴I̵R̴T̸,̷ ̸F̴L̶I̴R̴T̸,̴ ̸F̶L̷R̷I̸T̸,̷ ̸F̵L̵I̴R̶T̶,̸ ̴F̸L̶I̸R̸T̴,̴ ̴F̶L̴I̴R̵T̶,̴ ̴F̷L̴R̶I̷T̷,̵ ̵F̵L̷I̴R̸T̸,̶ ̷F̶L̵I̴R̶T̴,̴ ̸F̵L̴I̴R̴T̶,̷ ̷F̴L̵R̶I̶T̸,̷ ̶F̸L̷I̸R̴T̷,̷ ̷F̵L̷I̴R̵T̶,̶ ̵F̸L̷I̴R̵T̴,̴ ̸F̷L̸R̵I̴T̸,̴ ̸F̴L̴I̵R̷T̸,̴ ̵F̷L̵I̷R̵T̶,̸ ̴F̸L̸I̴R̸T̶,̶ ̸F̵L̷R̵I̶T̷,̴ ̸F̸L̸I̵R̶T̶--

Odette did everything she could to tune out the squealing as she forced some remnants of a puzzled expression.

"It's...tequila," she said hesitantly. "The shot is enough for me, though. Small drink for a small person--"

F̸L̵I̶R̸T̶,̶ ̷F̴L̷I̷R̴T̶,̵ ̴F̵L̵R̶I̶T̴,̴ ̴F̴̡̝̙͙̐͂̀͐̈ͅL̵̻̦͕͔̭̕Į̷̨͓̇̎͘͠R̸̜̋̀ͅT̶̳̠͚͎͒̕͝ͅ,̵̩̩̤̎̀̓͜ ̶̢̛̠͍̥̍͋̄̑F̷͍̺̟̀̚͘L̸̼͚̝̻͝I̷͕̗͛͋͊͛Ṟ̵̊̾͠Ţ̷̰͛͠,̶͈̝͚̲̈́̌̇͠ ̷̢̱̥̲̠̅̋F̴̦̜̟̆͛̈́̕͜L̷̥͓͕͆͛R̷̨̗̻͎̽Į̸̦̇̆̀̎͐T̵̞͚̾̇̔ͅ,̶̧̨̊̓͜ ̵͚͈̞͑̄̍F̷̨̛̲͖̑͘L̵̩̓I̷̡̖͉͍͕̓̇͘R̶̢̲̞̀͠͠T̵̬̮̮̆̽,̸̡̧̫̜̄ ̴̗͍͖̪̯͑͋̾̆͛F̵̰͌̇͘͘͝L̴͑͐̑ͅĮ̷͈̮̐Ȓ̶̰T̶̨̧́,̸̺̖͊̅̚͝ ̵̮̤͇̥͐̃F̷̨̮͍̓̿̓̊͝L̴̰͊Ŕ̵̝̐́͝Ḯ̶̝͙̀̈T̸̪̥̀̏̑̕,̸̭͌͠ ̴̘͍͒̎͘F̶̲͍͖͇̯̈́̀L̵̨̨͓̲̳͇̥̤̝̝͕̖̻̠͌̅Ï̴̫̮̖͉̳̥͓͈̤̹̰̭̜̣̘̃̂̓̿̓̀͠Ŕ̶͈̭͚̩̳̱̣̪̼͇͙̦̥̽̆̓͂̑̽̀̎́̓ͅT̵̡̛̬͚̙̫̲̏̐͝,̷̧̨̛͉̝͕̖̥͉̫̦̭̦̮͒̀̅̑́̋̕͜͠ ̴̞̫͒̍̕͜F̶̛̛͓̦̗̘̻̗̘͎̺͍̔̿̌̃̈́̒̄̍̀͜ͅL̶͍̮̼̣̬͉̳̱͂̇̉̿̉̈́̋̾̓̀̉̋͘͜ͅĮ̷͇̣̺̒́̆̾̚R̵͎̦̻͈͖̍̍̔̌̐͑͌̍̉͘T̷̘̦͓͈̽͊͌̓,̷̢̛̲͍͙̩̈̾̊̅ ̷̟͚͈̖̯͖͈͎͒̾͐̌̍͘F̴̙̟̯̤̦͙͍̜̀̿L̵̛̰͕͙̝̝̹̩̅͆̃̊̀̐̂̽̚͠Ŗ̶̨̧̲͕̜̣͘͜ͅḮ̶͉̅̀̉̀͠T̶̡̢͉͍̭̩͇̭̀̌͛̃̉̕,̴̳̙͙͔̪̫͒̈́̂̈̽͗͑̐͊ ̵̲̲͕͊͒̈́̆͗̈́͌̇̂͂̎̕͝͝F̶̢̠͖͙͓̝͚͕̺͚̓͐̃̓ͅL̸̝̘̪̊̀͌̍͌͌̒̃̊͛̔̓̅͘̚I̷̧̙͚̯̠̩̾̊̒͋̊̃̓͝͝͝ͅR̵̞͎̖͔̭̝͛̊͠ͅT̸̤̜̣͓̥͕͖̱͙̯͖̠̓͝ͅͅͅ,̸̩͈̟̞̺̜̭͈̠̼̍͌̅͆̐̚͝͠ ̷̟̞̏͊͑̈́̀̇̉̀F̶̡̛̳͙̘̅̒̆͋̄̉̾̅͂̚͠L̷̰͎͔͓̞̞̰̜̜̹͑̉͒̚͜͝I̸̧̢̳̜̫̭̯͖̺̰̞͇̖͛̔̇̈́̔̓̿̽̽̏̈́̊͛̕R̴͖͓̋́͘T̵̛͉̬̙͖͖̗̦̬̰̪̔̆͛̀̈͜ͅ,̶͚̜̹͍̮̭̞̔̀̾̈́̊́̎ͅ ̵̛̩͕̖͔͕̼̂̅̄͂̑̌͘͠͝F̶̢͈̝̥̻̝̱̂͌̎̂̏L̵̬̼̖͉͖̱̪̹̪̬̗̳̖̠̟̐̈́̀̅͒̌͗̓͌͆̔̾͑R̴͕̜͖̝̈́̋̄̇͂Į̷̨̧͔̭͉͙͖́͂̓̊̊̔̎̐͆̾̿͗͐͘̕͜T̸̤̱̱̪͈̝͚͂̆͜,̵̹͇̻̎̂͑̆͝ ̴̖̖͋̓̐͂͝--

"--who has a low tolerance."

She downed the drink in once gulp, cringing both through the slight burn and Odile's increasing volume. However, it seized upon the alcohol hitting their collective system.

M̸m̴m̷m̶m̶m̵ ̸t̷h̵a̸t̴'̷s̵ ̴s̸o̵m̶e̶ ̷g̷o̶o̷d̸ ̴s̶h̴i̶t̶.̸ ̵

Gods, I've never wanted to shoot anything dead more in my entire life.

Y̴o̴u̷ ̴a̶l̸w̴a̵y̸s̴ ̴k̸n̷o̷w̵ ̴j̴u̶s̶t̶ ̶w̵h̸a̴t̷ ̴t̵o̵ ̶s̴a̵y̸,̶ ̴y̷o̸u̴'̴r̵e̴ ̷s̸o̴ ̶s̸w̷e̶e̵t̶.̸ ̷

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
"Yep, that was me who spoke!" Coleane said, fanning out her wings. "I take care of them all by myself! Though sometimes Gen helps me water them now! Gen's the Oshawott I was talking about!"

She trots over, before picking up a menu in one of her wings, and looking it over. "What are all these weird human drinks?" she asked.
Violet took a step back, startled as Coleane fanned her wings out. She clutched onto the Pokéballs that hung at her side — forgetting for a moment that they had all been empty — before carefully releasing her grip as realized she was not in danger. As the Tropius's words sunk in, Violet's expression spun through a rainbow roulette as she went from confused, to startled, to awe, and finally landing on excitement as her face brightened and eyes sparkled. "You can talk?! By the Gods; that is incredible! What is thine name?!" She squeaked.

Hazel looked back and forth between her trainer and the Tropius as she clocked her head to side. Had she heard her correctly? "How... did you do that...?" She carefully asked.

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
As the Espeon went on, Gen began to tremble, gripping onto his reunion cape tightly. "Um...I've always b-been able to do it," Gen said. It was technically the truth. "M-my name is Gen Taranz. I don't th-think I'd be able t-to teach you. And I'm..."

A human.

"...a-an Oshawott."

Olivia tilted her head at Gen. Was he... afraid? "Hi, Gen! I'm Olivia! The girl human there is my trainer! Where's yours? They let you roam around all by yourself?? And you've always been able to speak human? You're so lucky!" Strange, she was getting a water-aura from the... oshawott, he called himself. Olivia hadn't met many water pokemon who could talk to humans. "Why can you teach me? I'm a good learner, promise! My human says so!"

She grinned at him, allowing her tail to wag playfully.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
  9. zorua
"You can talk?! By the Gods; that is incredible! What is thine name?!" She squeaked.

Hazel looked back and forth between her trainer and the Tropius as she clocked her head to side. Had she heard her correctly? "How... did you do that...?" She carefully asked.
Why was everyone so amazed at her being able to talk? It's like they'd never met a Pokemon before! But they clearly had! What gave?

"Yeppers, I can talk! Just as natural as flying for me!" the Tropius said, letting her wings fall back. "I'm Coleane! Nice to meet you!"
Olivia tilted her head at Gen. Was he... afraid? "Hi, Gen! I'm Olivia! The girl human there is my trainer! Where's yours? They let you roam around all by yourself?? And you've always been able to speak human? You're so lucky!" Strange, she was getting a water-aura from the... oshawott, he called himself. Olivia hadn't met many water pokemon who could talk to humans. "Why can you teach me? I'm a good learner, promise! My human says so!"

She grinned at him, allowing her tail to wag playfully.
Gen's trembling only got worse, as the questions flowed. So many difficult to answer questions...maybe he should have stuck with Coleane.

"Um...I d-don't know where m-my...trainer is," Gen said, hesitating at the word "trainer". He still didn't like thinking of himself as a trained Pokemon, let alone a Pokemon at all. "Y-yeah, I've...always b-been able to speak human. I...don't know how I'd t-teach you, it's just..."

Because I'm human.

"...b-because it's natural t-to me."

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
He'd assumed it was a prank. Or a trap. Maybe both.

Nobody in their right mind would want to contact him for anything, much less some bullshit fancy party or whatever the fuck this was supposed to be.

He'd tried to throw the tablet away, of course, but no matter how far he threw it, or where he left it, the damn thing always flew back into his hand.

So, after some deliberation with his partners, he accepted the invitation. Hopefully it wouldn't be as bad as he thought it would be.

A few minutes later, he found himself standing on the top deck, as far away from everyone else as he could get, staring out across the ocean. He'd kept his bandana up, and had also shifted his goggles to cover his eyes. Just in case any Snagem or Cipher motherfuckers were here too.

Out in the ocean, where I belong...

Wes grit his teeth. But I'm surrounded by all these filthy fucking humans. Fuck.

Nico stared out across the sea, just as displeased and aggravated by the amount of people present.

Merian, however, seemed to be enjoying the presence of other people. His tail wagged rapidly while he observed everyone going about their business.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
May squinted. A... Pikachu? But...

Warily, she approached the girl. "Hey," she said. "Is... is that a Pikachu with feathers?"
Jade turned at the sound of a voice closer to her than all the background noise. She was met with a blue-haired girl along with an incredibly sleek Ninetales wearing some kind of pendant. Strange that this was the first person her age she’d seen. (Well, maybe a bit younger, closer to Rudy or Darren’s age.) Most of the other invites had been adults, which made it pretty different from that time on the S.S. Anne.

Jade gave an awkward smile. “Oh, uh, yeah, he’s a bit strange-looking, I know. He was born like that.” She didn’t make a habit of explaining Nine’s oddities to the people they met, but it was easy enough to just act like she didn’t know anything.

The girl seemed vaguely anxious about something. Then again, pretty much everyone was confused about the trip on some level. Some of them were just taking it in stride more.

“So, uh… do you know why you were invited?” Jade asked. Well, that’s a stupid question. Might as well just come right out and say that I don’t have any accomplishments.

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Why was everyone so amazed at her being able to talk? It's like they'd never met a Pokemon before! But they clearly had! What gave?

"Yeppers, I can talk! Just as natural as flying for me!" the Tropius said, letting her wings fall back. "I'm Coleane! Nice to meet you!"
Scientifically impossible.

What was in front of her defied the laws of biology, physics, chemistry — of every discovery known to man and of every discovery not known to man.
There was no formula for this; no written dissertation that would support it.

Since the dawn of man and 'mon, human beings have tried everything they could to be able to speak with every species possible. Countless generations of attempted teachings, technological solutions, and, unfortunately, even biological experimentation: all of it resulting in failure.

It was utterly, wholly, physically impossible.

While Hazel was having her understanding of the world completely shattered, Violet gave a hearty grin as she replied, "Now that is, as they say, 'wicked sick'!" Twirling her hand, she gave an over-the-top bow as she greeted with mixed lingo, "Good morrow, Coleane; mine name is Violet, and this is Hazel! Pleasure to meet you!"

With complete disregard for the other two patrons, Violet placed her elbow on the table as she held up her head atop it with eager fascination. "So, what is your home like? Are you a mayhaps a trainer, or the trained? Does your home even have trainers, I wonder?"

Hazel held up her phone in front of Violet's face, which only read the words: [STOP TALKING TO THE SCIENTIFIC NIGHTMARE] Violet paid her no mind.

Last edited:

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
Gen's trembling only got worse, as the questions flowed. So many difficult to answer questions...maybe he should have stuck with Coleane.

"Um...I d-don't know where m-my...trainer is," Gen said, hesitating at the word "trainer". He still didn't like thinking of himself as a trained Pokemon, let alone a Pokemon at all. "Y-yeah, I've...always b-been able to speak human. I...don't know how I'd t-teach you, it's just..."

Because I'm human.

"...b-because it's natural t-to me."

Huh! So Gen must have gotten separated from his trainer! No wonder he seemed to be so nervous! Maybe she shouldn't be asking for favors, though; he genuinely seemed to not know how he could teach her to speak human, anyway, and she was getting the feeling he was quickly becoming uncomfortable. "Hey, it's okay! Do you need help finding your trainer? I bet mine would be happy to assist! It's a big boat but we'll make sure you're safe! Not that I would be afraid to be alone, but my human doesn't like when I wander off by myself. I think she's scared. So I'm used to helping scared people!"

Oh, should she have said that? Maybe drawing attention to it wasn't the best idea.

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
[[ omg, kyeugh, I’m dying ]]

Prim is used to a bit of ogling. She's stranger everywhere she goes, and one decked in armor no less. She'd hoped that she'd be able to blend in a little more on this ship where everyone was a stranger to each other, and despite her reservations about walking onto a boat unarmed and unguarded with no escape plan, she'd even come dressed in a breezy, casual outfit.

The skinny young man that enters the bar shortly after her quickly dashes any such hopes of going unnoticed. She can practically feel his gaze burning holes through her skin, like she's some kind of rare pokémon and he's trying to guess at her weaknesses from her coloration. "You," she says. "Enough staring. Are you going to order a drink or what?"

She stares back at him to punctuate her point. He's disheveled and his eyes and there's a profound tiredness swirling deep in his eyes. His hands are soft, but overall he has the look of a laborer. It occurs to Prim that he's probably illiterate. What if he was staring because he was trying to work up the courage to ask for help reading the menu?

She sighs. This is supposed to be a vacation—she really should be trying harder to relax, maybe even make friends. Instead she'd made it all about herself and probably frightened this poor man with her attitude. "Look," she adds, "if you need help reading the menu, you can just ask. It's nothing to be ashamed of."

Prim's attention is seized by the young lady making a scene with the barkeep. She doesn't understand half the words the boisterous, raven-haired woman says, but the barkeep seems to follow well enough; he gets to work pouring what looks like water into the tiniest glass she's ever seen, then rims it with salt. Prim quirks an eyebrow. "What in the three hells is that?" she asks. "We're on a boat surrounded by sea water, why are you making this poor man prepare some for you from scratch in a little thimble?"
The bar turned out to be a more lively place than Nate had been hoping for, not that he should have been surprised. What the hell else was there to do on a cruise besides get sloshed and lie around by the pool or whatever? Nate hunched his shoulders and pulled his hat lower over his face. Whatever. All he had to do was keep quiet and blend in until they got to the damn island.

…sure, blend in around a bunch of rich assholes who spend their lives going to parties and would think nothing of dropping however many thousands on a one-day boat trip. This entire floating death trap might as well have been called the S. S. You Don’t Belong Here instead of whatever fancy-ass name it actually was.

Never mind that once they actually got to the island, what the hell even was the idea? Find one of those legendary Pokémon and—what? Stupid fucking idea, he should never even have—

“You. Enough staring.” Nate started, blinking. Great. Apparently he hadn’t been paying attention to where he was looking before he’d gone off into La-La Land, and now the mountainous woman at the bar was giving him a hostile look.

He was about to brush it off, apologize or whatever and keep his gaze on the polished wood of the bar for the rest of the day when, wait, what the hell did she just say?

“I don’t need no fucking help to read the menu!” he snarled, gripping the edge of the bar hard. “I can read just fine! What the hell kind of question is that?”

And the woman wasn’t done there. Ordinarily Nate would have found it pretty funny, her comparing this place’s tequila to water, but when she was hassling some girl half her size who’d only been able to stammer out a self-deprecating excuse? Fuck this lady, seriously.

“What the hell is your damage?” he asked. “What, can’t find nobody your own size to pick on because they don’t let no Snorlax on the ship?”

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
“I don’t need no fucking help to read the menu!” he snarled, gripping the edge of the bar hard. “I can read just fine! What the hell kind of question is that?”

And the woman wasn’t done there. Ordinarily Nate would have found it pretty funny, her comparing this place’s tequila to water, but when she was hassling some girl half her size who’d only been able to stammer out a self-deprecating excuse? Fuck this lady, seriously.

“What the hell is your damage?” he asked. “What, can’t find nobody your own size to pick on because they don’t let no Snorlax on the ship?”
Odette Pissed 2.PNG

W̵A̵I̴T̴, Odile gasped. I̴ ̶F̴U̶C̶K̵I̵N̷G̷ ̵L̸I̷K̴E̶ ̴H̶I̶M̵ ̴T̸O̶O̷.̷ ̴L̵E̴T̵ ̵M̴E̶ ̷C̵A̸T̵C̵A̴L̷L̸ ̵H̶I̴M̵ ̸P̸L̶E̴A̸S̵E̸ ̷O̷H̶ ̵P̵L̵E̸A̴S̶E̴ ̷O̸H̸ ̶P̴L̴E̴A̸S̵E̵ ̸O̴H̸ ̴P̶L̷E̶A̷S̸E̶ ̵O̸H̵ ̵P̶L̶E̵A̷S̴E̵ ̸O̵H̸ ̵P̸L̴E̴A̸S̶E̶ ̷O̷H̵ ̴P̴L̵E̵A̵S̶E̷-̵-̷

ODILE, CATCALLING IS BAD. THEY'RE TRYING TO MAKE A LAW AGAINST IT.

A̷L̸L̷ ̵T̵H̷E̵ ̵M̵O̸R̷E̷ ̶R̴E̴A̴S̵O̸N̷.̴ ̶P̶L̷E̶A̵S̸E̸ ̸O̷H̴ ̴P̷L̷E̷A̷S̴E̸ ̷O̶H̸ ̴P̷L̴E̷A̶S̴E̷ ̵O̴H̵ ̶P̷L̴E̴A̷S̵E̸ ̸O̸H̵ ̸P̵L̶E̵A̶S̷E̷ ̷O̸H̶ ̵P̸L̷E̶A̷S̶E̷ ̵O̵H̶-̶-̴

Odette began to massage her temples.

Enora Sus.PNG
Alright, this was looking like a volatile situation. Enora reached up a paw and padded Odette's chest. "You want to go back to the room?"

Odette Deadpan w Sweatdrop.PNG

"No, no," Odette huffed. "I'm good. I'm of sound mind and body."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
  2. koraidon-apex
“I dunno, but that might not actually be true,” muttered Jack, shaking his head in worry.

“Scary, ain’t she?” Zack said. He started backing away slowly. “Should we jet out?”

“I’d like to talk with the Sylveon first, if it’s not a problem.”

“Yeah, she might be more chill. We really need to get away from the human, though.”

“Um, excuse me?” Jack tried talking with Enora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom