• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

A Day in Obleta (Roleplay, Active)

Partners
  1. suikaibuki
Alex goes silent while Nori chats away to him. "Oh, nah, I'm... it's probably best I put it out of my mind for a while, if there's truly nothing I can do until we all get home."

“That’s fine, I get it. I know that feeling. Sometimes you just want to distract yourself.” He flashes a reassuring grin to Alex before saying, “Just don’t go ignoring it entirely! You gotta face it when you get back, and you can plan for it now! So take advantage!” He nods sagely, though his eyes suddenly dart to the side. “Um, assuming you remember.” If this was real, would they just perceive it as a dream when they get back?

He blinks down at the human(?). "I, uh... I mean, you seem to have a grasp of other pokemon well enough? If you can't understand their words, try to focus on their tone of voice and body language. That usually is a pretty good way to tell what someone's saying, even if you can't hear their words." At least, that's always worked with his team, once he got used to their individual motions.

“I know, I know,” he says, slumping a little in exasperation. He glances at his feet. “Already doing that, I was taught it as part of my training with the Officials. It only helps so much. I can get emotions from others and simple words from Pokemon, but not like, understand big sentences from them. Like there,” and with this he gestures to the sulking Servine with his left palm. “I get that robot was mad at Mr. Vinarch, but not why. My guess is it was his senior officer yelling at him about us?” Okay, he’d been decent so far, but that was way off-base. Unbeknownst to him, of course.

He rubs his head sheepishly and freezes when he notices the ear/butterfly headband. After patting it in puzzlement, the boy jerks his arm back and pulls it off in one swift motion. His lips curl and his pupils dilate. Thoughts flash through his mind, but one stands out. “I better…in case…keep wearing this…thing.” He stumbles over his words as he puts it back on with two hands. He huffs. At least no one he could understand made fun of it. Not that he’d care if they did, but still! “What is this, Contest attire?” he mutters. “I can’t say I hate dressing up, but this… A-anyway!” He stands as tall as he can in an attempt to at least try to wear it with dignity. Though he lost his train of thought and his mind was too frazzled to get it back. So taking his own advice rather than thinking too hard about it, he spins on his heels and tries to further assess the situation with Mr. Vinarch. Alex mentioned helping him?

Last edited:

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Excuse me...I am to assume that you are a resident here, if you have been berated about rent, correct?"
"Yes, I am," Vinarch said, tail drooping onto the ground. "I live here, in Drive Belt Mobile Town. Baking Street 321."

"Look, you said this realm houses treasure, right?” She swooped ahead of him and spread her arms wide. “Treasure brings riches! You’ll never be out of pocket. We can settle your debts and you can bring us adventure. It’s a win win for both of us, isn’t it?”
Vinarch's eyes widened. "You're not suggesting stealing an Artifact, right? That's preposterous!"

"You... what are you?" they asked. "So static, yet, so full of soul. I've never seen anything like you."
"I'm an automaton, you nitwit!" the mechanical Cacturne said. "Don't you know that's a rude thing to say?"

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
"Yes, I am," Vinarch said, tail drooping onto the ground. "I live here, in Drive Belt Mobile Town. Baking Street 321."
"Oh, then perhaps you could-"

But the Cacturne turned away to speak to others so swiftly.

The artificial intelligence had spoken directly to four people in his entire existence--his creator, his creator's son, and two of the boy's friends. Having to share attention with others was something entirely new to him. He would have to rely on the memories inherited from his creator to proceed further.

He waited until it seemed as though the Cacturne was finished before proceeding. "If I may, I see that you are artificial in nature. May I ask who constructed you and what methods were used? What is your power source?"

Top Bottom