• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Mystery Continent ~ Northern Pines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut glanced at the tree in question. "That's a waist of my time and my energy. Just because my teammates throw around their blacklight powers like caffeine addicts put away cups of coffee doesn't mean I'm keen on using said energy unless it's absolutely necessary."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Absolutely necessary, huh?" Puff asked. "Guess that's why you left the fighting to the others so you can keep them safe. For someone bent on power and destruction, you really do seem to have defense in mind."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Don’t mince words. I’ve seen all my teammates get corrupted with shadows and radiance.” Bahamut smacked the ground with his tail. “Someone has to keep a level head and play the part of the devil.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“That would imply people listen to me. Which they do not.” He was irritated. He’d already said this.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut shrugged. “Take it up with the rest of them. I’ve gone along with their goody-two-shoes approach and all it’s gotten me is scorn, ridicule, and Owen.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“He’ll probably lie and tell you things are better than they really are.” Bahamut looked skyward. “The team’s success has ultimately come down to sheer dumb luck. Things could’ve just as easily gone the other way.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“... tch. I am used to battles lasting minutes at most.” Bahamut's tail flicked lazily back and forth. “If there is coordination it is news to me. Again, I am either ignored or scorned.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Fine.” He paused mid-turn and said, “Oh, and whatever you’re thinking of telling Bean and those Overseers or whatever, forget it. They can’t do a thing. Otherwise they would’ve intervened eons ago. In the end, they are not helpful, just like the majority of Cibus’ gods. Otherwise, they wouldn’t need to summon so much outside help.”

The Necrozma dove into a wormhole before Puff could respond.

R13 – Lost in the White – Brisa & Astrid

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Ms. Ninetales Cucumber? I'm afraid she's already been discharged. Against medical advice, but we're used to that from her."

"Yeah. Same here. Thank ye kindly, ma'am. Any idea where she went?"

"Well, not as such, but she only left moments ago. I'm sure if you contacted her on her badge, she wouldn't be far—"

"Much obliged."

Brisa left the infirmary at a lope, nose flaring. Enough of this, already. Please. She picked up Astrid's scent at once, and followed it through town at a careful dash, heading north. The pines, no doubt. She lost the trail amongst the mess of people, but sprinting to the edge of the pines and hunting around again let her find it again quickly enough.

Brisa followed it as best she could until she lost it in the snow, panting, both hot and cold, frustrated, worried, angry. Fuck.

Astrid, where are you?

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Always, when the glow of the city had long faded behind the thickening veil of green and mist, Astrid would stop running and listen. Destiny Village was loud; battle was loud; the pines were not. Not at first.

She’d never run the same way twice through this expanse, this maze-like terrain—but every now and then, as the weeks had drawn on, she’d come across the remains of an old training site, usually her own. Trees would be bent at stark angles away from an epicenter in the dirt. Snow would have filled what was no doubt a crater. She’d begun to pass them more often recently on her quests to create more… all in the name of time to herself. Alone. All in the name of getting stronger. Alone.

One of these snow-filled craters would be her resting place for the time being. Chills raced across her back from the snow, and some of her aches eased just a bit. If she stretched well enough and took it easy, maybe a light training session soon would do her good…

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
The crackling fizz and surging light of Radiance was Brisa's next trail to follow. Flashes like that could only be from a potent user of Radiance, and who would be training alone out here but Astrid? Brisa passed by one wound in the earth and then another, wincing as she imagined the kind of blows that shattered tree trunks instead cracking the ribcage of a breathing 'mon.

At last she came to a clearing in the making, a shining ninetales in the middle of it. Did Astrid come to a stop out here on her own, or did she explode, and then drag her way home to heal? Gods above and below sky, had Brisa's ultimatum only made things worse?

"Astrid," she said, not sure if she could be heard above the whoosh of Radiant strikes and the chill wind. She called louder. "Goddamnit, Astrid!"

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
The first few bursts of Radiance were small, little better than sources of light reflecting against the gentle snowfall. They grew in fervor as she fell into a groove.

—Nngh. It was always a challenge to train so soon after an all-out battle. She just had to make her training harder than the real deal so the real deal would feel easy! That was what Mincinno always said. Astrid was just getting warmed up now, but…

Brisa said:
"Goddamnit, Astrid!"

Astrid’s ears flattened guiltily on instinct. I’ve been followed. That’s never…

She half-turned and spoke, voice gruff, eyes not quite meeting her pursuer. “…You’re pretty far out.”

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"I'm as far out as it takes t'find you," replied Brisa.

She took a steadying breath. She didn't have much idea what was even going through Astrid's mind right now. Not after this long. She didn't know what the ninetales needed. What she wanted. What she herself wanted, for that matter.

"I wanna know why that is," she said, blinking away snow. "Maybe y'can explain t'me why I gotta go this far outta my way to speak t'ya."

Was it the promise Astrid couldn't keep? Brisa's death? What she'd said just before? Her chest tightened.

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
She had created this trap for herself. The open air boxed her in, nowhere to hide, nowhere to run. If she tried she’d only find more craters, and Brisa would notice her injury and make things worse. The pines were vast, but she’d had months to leave her imprint at this point.

“I’ve, I’ve…” Oh, there were a hundred things she wanted to say. Her tongue locked up briefly, but one glance around her was plenty reminder that she’d been caught red-pawed. She cleared her throat and decided to face it as she did most things—head on. “…I’ve been keeping busy. My, um, training happens out here. All of it.” But that was already obvious, huh? “…I guess I think of it as a place to escape and… be alone. Be myself. Think and stuff.”

The ambient buzz from Destiny Village was, for now, nothing but a distant roar. Even as her fur crawled under the pressure of Brisa’s sharp gaze, her body felt at ease under the veil of near-silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom