• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Marowak Dojo ~ Living Quarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Ten days for a group this big? That was... a lot. "If this body is anything like my normal one my options come down to... meat and similar things. That decidueye, Truffle, I think? He mentioned something about some sort of meat... substitute? I'm not sure I understand how that works, but I'm willing to see what they have here."

Day 1 evening ~ Disturbance / New arrivals

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Nip's expression suddenly soured. Based on the changes in expression for the other pokemon around him, he suspected that they, too had gotten the message from Diyem. Despite his desire for food, as well as his distrust for Diyem, fear that someone might mess up his second chance drove him to take action.

"Hold that thought," He called towards Owen before sprinting out of the room.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
When finally satisfied (more or less) with the temperature it had reached, she released her breath and let the icy fragments settle around the berry, deep-freezing it. A few stray fragments nipped uncomfortably at her paw fur, but most of them hit their mark and left her holding a chilled, denser watmel berry.

She held it out to Cabot. “Teamwork!”

Cabot headbutted the Watmel Berry, which made it splinter into several frozen pieces. The Cranidos felt around his head, but was relieved that there wasn't any berry juice on it, prompting him to Astrid with a confident smile.

"We did it!"

Cabot soon trailed off, his expression changing as he heard Diyem's message.

"You heard that too, right?" he asked Astrid. "Come on, let's go!"

The Cranidos hastily darted out of the room and followed after Owen and Nip.

Last edited:

Torchic

Torchic Hugger
Pronouns
he
Cino was walking around for a bit after the sudden shift in scenery from an interdimensional landscape to what looked like a dojo. The sudden smell of berries and gummies immediately made his stomach growl, and he decided to follow the scent.

There it was, a table full of berries! Also, the table looked much too big for the small amount of people still left on it, eyeing the door or minding their own business.

He waved, "Hey, my name's Cino. Were you also called here by that Charizard? ...Mind if I take a seat?"

Last edited:

Shadow of Antioch

Viaggiatore
Pronouns
he/his
Partners
  1. charmeleon
A Charmander threw open the doors to the living quarters. "Okay, where's the food? I was promised there would be a meal before the battle!"

Stepping inside, he nodded in greetings to Astrid—who looked rather busy cooking. "Huh, you could have told me you were cooking. I'd have helpe—"

He blinked at the new arrival. "Did... did you only just get here?"

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Ashwood suddenly dropped a pan of gummis on a table. "Sorry, guys, I think I need to help out at the Marketplace."

They darted out the room, then a second later poked their head back in. "You have those gummis if you want."

They left.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Some time later, when most of the gummis were cooked and they had a generous spread for the whole team to enjoy, Owen came shambling inside with sore arms--he had been hanging on Truffle's back for quite a while, after all, and his body still felt weak and delicate.

"Hey," he said. "Everything's mostly okay. Zane stole from a shop, so we might have to talk to someone about that later, and mrmrm..." The rest of whatever he had to say was lost to the crackling fire as the Charmander crawled underneath the pot of water. He curled up in the flames and shut his eyes, looking quite cozy.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot entered the room right after Owen, only to stop upon seeing the Charmander settle down inside of the fire. The Cranidos blinked to make sure he was seeing things right and gave a stupefied look as Owen comfortably dozed off while surrounded by flames.

"That's... weird."

For a brief moment he wondered to himself how Owen was not burning alive right now, before deciding to brush it aside. After all this was a different world and he'd already seen much stranger things than a fireproof Charmander. Cabot shook his head and made his way up to Astrid.

"Hey, we're back," he sighed.

Last edited:

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Ashwood clomped into the room and collapsed onto a stool, even though they didn't feel tired per se. They had to admit, they had been kind of excited when they had first received the call for help from Diyem. Now...

Ugh.

Come on, they were in a Pokemon world now. They had no time to feel down. Ashwood looked around the room. They noticed a gray Pokemon -- a Minccino, they thought -- and remembered what he had been saying right before they burst to the Marketplace. A newcomer?

"Hey," they said, sitting up. "You said you're new, right? 'Sup. My name's Ashwood." Their eyelights glowed cheerily. "You might have said your name, but I forgot. Sorry. There, um, was that thing that distracted me.

"So... welcome! Did you just get the invitation? Or did Diyem, like, forget you or something? Either way, glad to have you here." They leaned forward. "Excited about saving the world?"

Torchic

Torchic Hugger
Pronouns
he
"Er," these were a lot of questions at once, and needed to process them first. Maybe his mind was just lazy because he had already finished eating. "I guess? Yeah. I got the invitation, but just arrived a little later than you all. Nice to meet you, Ashwood. I'm Cino. I arrived here just as the... uh..."

How many Charmander were here now? Three? The one that ran out the room and gave him his gummies, another one that had just laid down in fire and was fast asleep, and the third one who entered the room just after Cino. "One of those Charmander also said something of needing to go somewhere quick. Did something happen?"

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Pain. Pain and... fatigue? It had been aeons since Necrozma could honestly tell the two apart, but as he floated into the area that was apparently designated for them to sleep, he noticed Owen sleeping in the fire and froze.

"Is nobody going to drag him out of there before he finishes whatever blasphemous ritual he's performing?"

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
"One of those Charmander also said something of needing to go somewhere quick. Did something happen?"

"Ugh, yeah. Something happened, all right. One of our guys tried to loot a shop because he's an asshole, apparently. Somehow he summoned some kind of fire monster when he was doing so. That wasn't ever explained. Anyway, that Charmander, Owen, brought some help to save the thief's ass." Ashwood groaned and waved a hand in the air. "Whatever. It's over now, except for the property damage."

Pain. Pain and... fatigue? It had been aeons since Necrozma could honestly tell the two apart, but as he floated into the area that was apparently designated for them to sleep, he noticed Owen sleeping in the fire and froze.

"Is nobody going to drag him out of there before he finishes whatever blasphemous ritual he's performing?"

Ashwood glanced at Owen, laying in the fire. "Right. He... can just do that, right? Charmander go into fire without being burned? Yeah, okay. He honestly just looks like he's sleeping, bud. Doesn't look like any blasphemy is taking place in this room at least."

Ashwood looked from Necrozma to Cino to Necrozma again. "Hey, wait a minute. I know Necrozma's a Pokemon, and I don't know about you, Cino, but if you're Pokemon... do you have any idea what could have happened in the Marketplace? Like, do you have myths or something about fire demons appearing when you rob stuff. I dunno, is there a genie Pokemon?

"Even if you don't have any particular myths, any theories about what could have happened back there?"

Torchic

Torchic Hugger
Pronouns
he
"Fire demons?" He tilted his head, "...Not that I know of. If you mean wisps of fire, then mayyybe... what's the name again... Chandelure?"
What even was this black crystallized thing? Is this the Necrozma Ashwood talked about? "...I don't wanna singe my fur, sorry. I think he'll be fine. Is that not what fire types usually do?"

Last edited:

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
"Fire demons?" He tilted his head, "...Not that I know of. If you mean wisps of fire, them mayyybe... what's the name again... Chandelure?"

What even was this black crystallized thing? Is this the Necrozma Ashwood talked about? "...I don't wanna singe my fur, sorry. I think he'll be fine. Is that not what fire types usually do?"

"Hmm, not sure if that thing we saw was like a Chandelure at all. It was... more like a thing who just was fire. Black fire. I don't think it even had a body at all, it shifted around a lot. It was also wayyyy powerful. It literally cut a building in half.

"Though I wonder, that Magikarp we're facing is really huge. I don't know much about dynamaxing, but I know some kinds of Pokemon change forms when they get all huge. Maybe that thing we saw was some kind of Chandelure or other normal Pokemon, just really messed up."

I think he'll be fine. Is that not what fire types usually do?"

Ashwood looked at Owen again and gave a nervous chuckle. "I don't really know. I'm actually a human, just got transformed when I got sent here. I assumed when no one starting screaming or anything that it was fine, but yeah." They leaned forward to give Owen another look. "He looks okay, I guess. Or okay-ish." They shook their head. "Poor dude's had a long day.

Torchic

Torchic Hugger
Pronouns
he
Black fire, huh? Shifting around... "It cut through a building? My goodness.

"I've never heard of anything 'dynamaxing'... and I'm glad it doesn't exist in my world.

"Oh, you were human? Interesting... they've been extinct for a very long time... some remains were millions of years old. Mind telling me how they are? Or... what their life had been?"

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
"Apparently a lot of your worlds used to have humans, but nah, I don't think I'm from your world but in the past. Where I'm from, Pokemon don't even exist. They're made up. I know about them because the stories they're in are really popular. Used to be really into the video games as a kid."

Ashwood leaned back. "I guess my humans wouldn't too different from what yours were probably like. I dunno... I lived in a big city, like well over a million people, but plenty of other people live in smaller towns and places like that. Humans are all really different. I can only really speak for myself."

Last edited:

Torchic

Torchic Hugger
Pronouns
he
"I see. That's what the human I've met in our world said as well. One species, millions of different looking creatures. It's so strange when you think about it, isn't it? And talk about different worlds... he said that we hadn't existed as well. Though, I'm not sure if he's from my world from the past, or from a completely different one. I think it's the latter. Pokemon existed since the beginning of time in our world, and I guess it's the same for this one here."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom