• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Marowak Dojo ~ Living Quarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen was still rummaging through the supplies. "Yeah, it looks like most of this is fake meat," Owen said. "Maybe they didn't want to upset any of us with real meat? I don't think it's that big of a deal. I ran into some feral Pokemon a little while ago and they were just like the ones back home..." Owen frowned, wondering if that was the case for other worlds. "...Rice, rice... No rice." He wasn't entirely sure what rice was, but hearing that there wasn't any made a sad feeling in his chest. Maybe he could ask for rice later.

"Mrm?" He let out a feral chirp of confusion. "What's this? Ready-to-prepare gourmet gummis..." It seemed to be gummi casing, powder, and a pamphlet. He read it aloud, "Place a packet of powder inside a gummi casing, fill with water and any other ingredient you might want, seal, boil, and enjoy..." He chirped again, then growled contemplatively.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
"Aw, sweet," Ashwood said. "I'm good for trying that!"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Let's find out," Owen said, holding the bag open and siphoning the powder inside. Then, he looked around and said, "Okay, what kind of ingredient should we put in here? The gummi flavor packet says it can go with just about anything, so..." Curious, Owen tried to start it off simply, putting some broken up Pecha berries inside. Then, after filling it with water and sealing it--which was surprisingly easy--he slipped it into the pot over the central fire prepared earlier.

"They say it's easy, but I guess it still needs a lot of prep," Owen said, tittering. "Try making one yourselves! Um, if you can. I'll help if not..."

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
"Hmm." Ashwood looked over all the food. "I don't know what most of this stuff is. Does anyone have suggestions?"

Last edited:

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
“Uhm…”

This wasn’t the first time Astrid had taken Swirlix for granted. Good ol’ Swirlix… she could cook up a rainstorm during a ludicrous drought, that girl. She wasn’t here, though.

Astrid had toasted some bread before, and she’d done it correctly to boot, so that was cool. But it was also her culinary limit, so, not very high. Definitely not sufficient for an inter-dimensional trip like this.

She looked around. Maybe she could pair up with someone…? A secondary glance was cast to the doorway. There had been over two dozen Pokémon brought along on this wild ride; there had to be at least one master chef.

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
The Cranidos was a good start. He seemed chipper enough to be the food-loving type. Plus, that mace of a head would be great for turning berries and gummis into fine powder. Whether he wanted it to get sticky could be another story, though…

“Hi!” she greeted anyway, holding up a gummi flavor packet—she’d compromised on yellow, since there weren’t many other types besides Electric that both Ice and Rock agreed with. “I’m Astrid. Want to give this a try?”

Last edited:

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
"Hmm." Ashwood glanced over all of the options. They came across some red berries; they weren't sure what they were called, but Ashwood was pretty sure they were spicy. Now that Ashwood thought about it, what would spicy food taste like in this body? They couldn't identify what flavor the brown gummi had been, or at least they couldn't identify the human flavor equivalent was.

A new body, a new way to perceive things. Ashwood wasn't hungry, but they were curious on how their body would react to different foods and flavors. The instructions did say the gummi packets would go with just about anything.

"Anyone mind if I just make a bunch of these?" they asked. Even if they didn't eat everything they made, there would be a bunch of people coming in for dinner, right? They started with making a gummi with the red berries.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
"Maybe some of the smells or foods will bring back memories of my own, y'know?"

"I hope so," Ashwood said as they made gummis. "How are you feeling, by the way? Any improvement over the day?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I'm starting to piece things together a little more." Owen winced at how he had been just this afternoon. "I don't feel totally lost anymore, for one. But it's all still a huge fog. I'm... trying to deduce my past from how I react to things, if that makes sense. It feels like, somewhere deep in my head, I still have feelings and reactions to certain things, so that's something I can go by."

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
"I'm starting to piece things together a little more." Owen winced at how he had been just this afternoon. "I don't feel totally lost anymore, for one. But it's all still a huge fog. I'm... trying to deduce my past from how I react to things, if that makes sense. It feels like, somewhere deep in my head, I still have feelings and reactions to certain things, so that's something I can go by."

"That sounds rough, dude." Ashwood tilted their head. "But... getting even a little back is a good sign, right? It really hasn't been that long since you got injured -- less than a day. And I bet once you get some memories back, it'll get easier from there. Once the ball gets rolling, the memories'll come faster and faster. You'll probably be better in no time at this rate!"

Last edited:

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
The Cranidos was a good start. He seemed chipper enough to be the food-loving type. Plus, that mace of a head would be great for turning berries and gummis into fine powder. Whether he wanted it to get sticky could be another story, though…

“Hi!” she greeted anyway, holding up a gummi flavor packet—she’d compromised on yellow, since there weren’t many other types besides Electric that both Ice and Rock agreed with. “I’m Astrid. Want to give this a try?”

"Hey there, nice to meet you Astrid! I'm Cabot!" the Cranidos greeted back. "And sure, sounds good. Let's look for some berries that we can use."

Cabot started examining some of the berries that were there, picking up some of them to take a closer look as he wondered which would make for the better tasting meal.

"Hrm... we could try to go for something simple with these Oran Berries, though there is a Watmel Berry here as well which should make it taste very sweet..." he murmured.

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
"Hey there, nice to meet you Astrid! I'm Cabot!" the Cranidos greeted back. "And sure, sounds good. Let's look for some berries that we can use."

Cabot started examining some of the berries that were there, picking up some of them to take a closer look as he wondered which would make for the better tasting meal.

"Hrm... we could try to go for something simple with these Oran Berries, though there is a Watmel Berry here as well which should make it taste very sweet..." he murmured.

Watmel? She’d had that one before. Pancakes, she was pretty sure.

“Couldn’t hurt to try both. We just, umm—there.” She grabbed a bowl and placed it down, then placed the yellow gummi on top. “I think we have to split open the gummi casing? Is that what Owen said?”

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Alright, let's use both then! And we have to use empty gummi casing, so we actually don't need to split that gummi open," Cabot said. He grabbed the other ingredients they needed and laid them all out next to the bowl. "Okay, so I think we just fill the casing with powder and water and then just add pieces of the berries to it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom