• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Fall 2020 Mafia - Game Thread

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Okay. I can only do a quick post but --

Do you actually think I could be mafia, or is Kora just suspicious because Ashwood is acting weird? For what it's worth, Ashwood is slightly off because I'm making my OoC thoughts intrude into their brain. (Actually meant to explain that earlier but didn't apparently: Ashwood would definitely go no-vote, so me influencing them is the only way to get them to do what I think is best lol. I am currently mildly possessing them.)

I didn't fully suspect them as Mafia, but now that I know why they're acting strangely, my suspicions are pretty much cleared up. Which means I'm basically back to square one in regards of who I'm suspect of. I might still keep my eyes on Kekoa and Ashwood anyway, as well as maybe one other character, but as of now I'm not suspect of anyone enough to change my vote.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Tell us who the other character you suspect is. Town gains absolutely nothing if you hold back your suspicions.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
I have literally nothing to go off of, but the only other character so far that has any amount of my suspicion is Enigma. They haven't even really done anything to fully warrant it, which is why I didn't wanna share it. I have literally like, 0.1% suspicion on them.

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
It would be hilarious if Waffle was one of the Mafia, which is almost enough for me to want to vote them off, but I'd rather not risk it for the haha funny.

Then again, the haha funny is what I live for so like...

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
I am a tad suspicious about his soft roleclaim so early though. (Or rather, the fact that he denies being an info role so early on in the game, which narrows down the mafia's choices for him if he's not Mafia. Unless he's lying of course.)
I was legit shocked to read this. I thought you were making something up with a wild guess, but then I reread my own post. I cannot tell you why I typed that. I thought it stayed in my brain.

I have no idea how I fucked up that bad, but I guess for transparency, I’ll just confirm that yeah, I’m not an info role. Way too early for roleclaims. Don’t know why I said that. Kicking myself as hard as anatomically possible. I hope you remember enough from last game that I can legitimately be this fucking dumb.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Where's the softclaim? I didn't notice.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Oh wait, here it is --
At least the train’s on me right now, and I’m not an info role.

Yep, I'm dumb too.

Welp, I think you're innocent now lmao.

More thoughts from me later.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Okay, on lunch break.

I was planning to go with majority while I pick up the finer details of the game...

But right now, the vote without me is split 3 ways. Fuse, Waffle and Nobody.

Not inclined to go for Fuse because there’s nothing odd about him to me vs normal Fuse.

It is, however, possible to convince me to switch to Waffle if someone convinces me I should. I’ll check back in later.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Got a massive headache so I'm not gonna try and puzzle out my thoughts right now, but I did read your explanation, Nuki. Will gather my thoughts in a couple hours but before EoD.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
My reads! Colored because I like colors.

windskull - Pretty null. Windskull has been leaning mostly in favor of voting an inactive, and I can't tell whether that's scum going for an easy mislynch or town trying to get the most beneficial lynch they can.

DawningWinds - Me! I'm me! I'm confirmed town to me.

Persephone - She seemed a bit scummy at first, but given her explanation and how she's been since, I'm giving her a town-lean.

Equitia - Leaning town. We've been on the same page gor the most part, and most of what they've said feels pretty town motivated.

Fusion - Seems pretty inexperienced, but a lot of their posts have been fluff.

Waffle - Who?

DeliriousAbsol - Something about her bothers me. Not sure what it is. Maybe her vote on Tanuki- Because if he sounded desperate not to lynch someone, I probably sounded desperate to do so. Or maybe this:
If someone is annoyed at having a claw pointed in their direction, and the one who pointed that claw dies... it's pretty safe to say the one they annoyed is the murderer." He chuckled and toyed with the hem of his scarf. "Or bait. But I'd be leaning towards the former, personally."
Mafia really like to frame people with nightkills. And stating her belief towards this not being the case as a decently experienced player (as far as I'm aware) does not sit right with me.

Tanuki - As strongly as I disagree with him, I genuinely believe his softclaim was a mistake and his wanting a no lynch is in, his opinion, in the town's best interest.

Shiny Phantump - She feels pretty much like an inexperienced town. Don't want to go more than lime though because itxs modtly just a gut feeling with her.

SparklingEspeon - She's in this game?

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Tanuki

Okay, thanks to his accidental roleclaim Tanuki is now the character I am most sure is innocent. His claim was so accidental it would be a galaxy-brain play for a mafia to make. Also, he did something similar last game, so yes I believe him. I'd be sus of anyone calling him sus.

Fusion

Now, Fusion. Honestly, I only went after Fusion to see what would happen. He didn't do anything sus, so I'm clearing him for now. My read on him is similar to a bunch of others. He just feels inexperienced to me, which is actually a point in his favor. Last time, I and the other mafia conferred with each other with our strats before we posted. If Fusion were Mafia, he'd likely be with a player who has more experience and would give him some pointers. I'm leaning toward innocent. Though --

I have literally nothing to go off of, but the only other character so far that has any amount of my suspicion is Enigma. They haven't even really done anything to fully warrant it, which is why I didn't wanna share it. I have literally like, 0.1% suspicion on them.

Fusion, are you being suspicious of people because of what their characters do? Wanting to roleplay is fine, but you have to base your suspicions on people's reasoning, not their characters' reactions. Having been mafia last time, I would not have put anything into my character's RP that would have implicated me. Did I put a couple lines, sure, but only I would (and did) notice. For myself and I'm assuming most if not all of us, the RP is for flavor. You need to find out the mafia through their reasoning -- their RP characterization won't tell you.

Waffle

I'm... actually not feeling lynching an inactive? Idk, I feel like there should be more pushback if Waffle is scum. They may be inactive, but their partner(s) likely won't be. I also don't think lynching them will give much to the town if they're innocent.

Del

I was about to say before DW posted, but I'm also getting some sus vibes which I can't directly pinpoint. I think it's she's been pointing fingers, but not really contributing much even considering her being busy irl. Hmm, I'll vote DeliriousAbsol again.

I'm going to sleep in about an hour and a half, but I'll be back for my thoughts on all players (similar to DW's) and probably some RP.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
I guess I'm the only one wo had their character be the one that's playing, in a sense. Like it's our characters playing the game. You'd think I'd have figured that out sooner. Regardless, I still was taking into account what was being said OOC, just not as much as I thought this was to be more RP focused. Even then, I still don't know yall enough to be all that suspicious of anyone. Other than the wanting to vote off someone on day one, which I can attribute to how you guys play, I have nothing to really work with.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
My current reads, in rough order from least to most sus. Not very detailed, sorry:

Innocent --

Tanuki - I'd be sus of anyone calling him sus, especially if they played last game.

Equitia - I'm innocent, but if someone called me sus, that would be more understandable than calling Tanuki sus. I'm innocent though.

Town leans --

DawningWinds - They're playing like they did last game. I have no reason to suspect.

Windskull - Hard to pinpoint, but I feel good about them.

Fusion - He comes off as inexperienced only. If he were mafia, I think I'd have something more concrete. I don't think his fluffy posts mean anything.

Waffle - I don't like how no one is trying to push away from voting for them.

Neutral --

Phantump - Also inexperienced. But meh.

Espeon - I have literally nothing to go off of.

Sketchy --

Persephone - At first I thought she was scummy, then with her explanation I leaned town, now I'm going back.

Del -- Yeah, also don't like her reasoning for targeting Tanuki. Going with her.

Anyway, about the inactives, next day phase we could try to ping them and have them roleclaim. Something similar was done with Espy last game. If they're Mafia, difficult for them to bluff bc they're not paying much attention. Then we get info and stuff. I'm tired and incoherent, sorry. Players from last game can explain.

Too sleep to RP. Am sad :(

In conclusion, please don't kill me Misters Mafias? Might post again if I wake up or something, but not sure, won't be anything big.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
windskull - Pretty null. Windskull has been leaning mostly in favor of voting an inactive, and I can't tell whether that's scum going for an easy mislynch or town trying to get the most beneficial lynch they can.
That's a fair assessment. I'll just say that my reasoning is that in early game, I'd rather vote off an inactive than risk voting off a useful power role that could theoretically provide us more information on the next day. That said, I also recognize that I'm not the most experienced player, so I don't really have a history of games behind me to know whether this is a good strategy.

Okay, thanks to his accidental roleclaim Tanuki is now the character I am most sure is innocent. His claim was so accidental it would be a galaxy-brain play for a mafia to make. Also, he did something similar last game, so yes I believe him. I'd be sus of anyone calling him sus.
That's a fair point and I'm inclined to agree.

As for thoughts on Del from both of you, yeah, I can absolutely see where you're coming from. I've been trying to think of reasons why Del would come on so strong after Tanuki, so early in the game. I can think of a few non-mafia reasons for it, but most of them would lead back to a mafia!tanuki and I'm kind of not leaning that way right now? I'm suspicious, but not suspicious enough to move my vote to Del at this time.

Anyway, about the inactives, next day phase we could try to ping them and have them roleclaim. Something similar was done with Espy last game. If they're Mafia, difficult for them to bluff bc they're not paying much attention. Then we get info and stuff. I'm tired and incoherent, sorry. Players from last game can explain.
That's a fair point, and one I'm more than willing to humor.

For those unfamiliar: Espy was fairly inactive at the beginning of last game and then really wasn't able to keep up with the game, so we had her roleclaim and share what information she had when it turned out she was a watcher. Was able to prove herself and provide valuable information. In general it's not amazing, but it's workable if need be. I'm going to leave my vote for now, but will think on this a bit more. If nothing else, I agree with pinging day 2.

Top Bottom