• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Fall 2020 Mafia - Game Thread

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
I blocked Phan again, and again, nobody's dead. Not sure if this is a coincidence or not but I feel like it's probably not. (Main reason I did it was because I figured if there was no kill upon blocking the same person twice there was a decent chance said person was scum killer.)

I can confirm that Waffle interacted with Equita, but Waffle was the only one that interacted with Equita. So I'm currently inclined to believe their healer roleclaim.

If only Waffle was on me, then unless they also are going to claim roleblocker, that means Phantump cannot be the mafia killer. I would get "unsuccessful" if they had tried to kill someone but were blocked by DW.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
My power is a variant on bulletproof, killing whoever nightkills me.
Just people trying to kill you or are you a full-on PGO?

I'm going to for the moment assume everyone is telling the truth even though that's... very unlikely.
Yeah, uh, bad assumption to make. There's zero way everyone's telling the truth because everyone's claimed and everyone except Perse has claimed town.

Perse's Indep claim is interesting. I'm in favor of helping friendly indeps win. Not sure I buy it but if you do I don't think it's worth voting her.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
If only Waffle was on me, then unless they also are going to claim roleblocker, that means Phantump cannot be the mafia killer. I would get "unsuccessful" if they had tried to kill someone but were blocked by DW.
Yeah you're right. Typed the claim of who I targeted before I saw your post, and then I added everything else afterwards. Didn't feel like changing what already existed.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
In the middle of a math assignment so I'll get back to this shortly but.
Yeah, uh, bad assumption to make. There's zero way everyone's telling the truth because everyone's claimed and everyone except Perse has claimed town.
Poor wording on my part. I meant that for the purpose of asking questions in that post. Not for the game overall, sorry.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Fuck the mafia, this day is dedicated to my and Equitia’s marriage. Desper needs a best man.

(I’m catching up but what the fuck)

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
I blocked Phan again, and again, nobody's dead. Not sure if this is a coincidence or not but I feel like it's probably not. (Main reason I did it was because I figured if there was no kill upon blocking the same person twice there was a decent chance said person was scum killer.)

Hm...

@Tanuki Who'd you block?
Well, I blocked you, actually. So, you couldn’t have blocked Phan I think? Not sure what happens if a role blocker role blocks a role blocker. That would explain Equitia’s read on Phan, corroborating her passive ability.

I blocked you because of the double block Perse oracle thing we planned and seemed to agree with, but I think that was lost to pages in time, so I don’t blame you for going off script. Especially not now that Perse has changed claims.

This seems weird, honestly. They could’ve gone with the oracle claim and kept the fire on both of us by claiming her answer told her there was only one town roleblock. Charitably, I guess I could say she didn’t want to make another townvote a fifty fifty shot since we’ve... what the fuck is happening? Sorry?

Who didn’t die? Who killed but then got countered? I blocked DW I guess, but who healed who? Why is Perse sus of me? I know I’ve had plenty of sketchy moves but rereading her paragraph explanation didn’t make any sense either. I feel like I could make a better case against myself than she did—in fact she’s made better arguments I’m scum before—yet she still started off by voting me.

I barely believe her claim, personally, but that’s mostly just because I’m so unfamiliar with independent roles in mafia I don’t know if what she described is even a thing. @DawningWinds Weigh in on if that sounds like an even remotely feasible role.

I do not know, but right now, she’s my only scumread by a large margin. I have concerns about DW, but severely doubt my roleblock blocked tonight’s—why the fuck did nobody die did the mafia give up? Is there actually no mafia at all and a win condition is to vote nobody for a single day?

I don’t know who to vote for if at all. I don’t understand.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Anyway, Fusion bit it. I suspected at the time and was informed afterwards that he was vigilante.
I’m sorry, wait, how do you know Fusion was vigilante? When did this happen? Did I miss some detectivery? To my knowledge, Fusion never roleclaimed, and he definitely didn’t nightkill nobody did what the fuck I’m so the only way to believe he’s vigilante is to assume everyone else has claimed their honest role and that the town had a vigilante.

Also, reading back again (it takes me a few tries; I’m slow), DW and Perse again seem very in sync with each other, albeit a bit softer this time. DW didn’t follow in Perse’s footsteps and vote me, but was quick to believe or at least work with her.

I’m really agreeing with Equitia that we should go for the most certain kill, but I’m not even confident in daykills anymore.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Weigh in on if that sounds like an even remotely feasible role.
No idea, honestly. On Bulba with certain hosts, absolutely. Here, not sure. Never played a game hosted by Star before- Negrek's games are probably less of a viable comparison setup-wise than I first thought. And she waited until now to claim it, so she's had plenty of time to think up a fakeclaim.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
If Perse is to be believed, we apparently have a Godfather still lurking around.... something to think on.
We don't seem to have a cop (Del might've been, but she's dead; Fuse might've been if Perse is lying, but he's also dead), so we don't exactly have much to worry about from them. The Godfather is basically a Mafia Goon when there's no cop.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
We don't seem to have a cop (Del might've been, but she's dead; Fuse might've been if Perse is lying, but he's also dead), so we don't exactly have much to worry about from them. The Godfather is basically a Mafia Goon when there's no cop.
Well, much more to worry about from them than any other Mafia member.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Do you mean we don’t have to worry about a Godfather or Persephone?

Top Bottom