• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Fall 2020 Mafia - Game Thread

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Before we get too deep into fun murder times or whatever though. Why don't we just... talk?"

"Yeah, I'd much rather get to know you guys before we start, uh, the killing. God this is weird," Kora sighed. Not how he expected today to go, but he never had expectations anyway so, it wasn't all that bad. It was worse. He took a seat and tried his best to not look stressed, or annoyed, or scared. He totally wasn't scared. Definitely not.

"I'm Kora," he said to Shimmer with a friendly smile. "It'd be nice meeting you if we weren't, you know, dealing with death." Kora was fully aware of people having trust issues, so he didn't try and approach anyone or shake hands just yet. He also had to remind himself to look out for the signs of a murderer. Whatever those were. Maybe they'd have a really big knife. For murdering.

Fusion has been active, but hasn't contributed much of substance.
[I have been personally attacked, Equita is omega level sus I jest]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
DawningWind's
DawningWind
It's plural.

Right now I'm leaning shooting into the Espy/Waffle/Del pile (or additionally Nuki or Shiny, depending on if they have any input), but I could easily be convinced otherwise, after I have a chance to review the previous game.
I don't want to lynch an inactive unless we truly don't have anything better at, like, maybe a few hours to the end of the day. It doesn't give a whole lot of information, and a lot of the time, (in)activity isn't actually as AI as people think it is. I like votes designed to pressure inactives into posting, but I don't like making them the main wagon.

Fusion has been active, but hasn't contributed much of substance.
I just noticed this before you posted, and definitely worth noting. I don't like CWAC (or when most of a player's posts are pure fluff I'm not really sure which applies to Fusion). It's useless and hurts town. And is really commonly used by Mafia.

Hey ooc only post

I wrote my first posts pretty early in the morning on a Saturday (early for a grad student, anyway). And now that someone else has embraced my original RNG all the things strategy, let me just say: It's a bad idea. I have some weird fixation with semi-randomness and bizarre patterns. I plan my fan fics by spreadsheet. Seriously, ask my friends lol. At the time it seemed like a good idea, since if only three people cast the winning vote then our info roles could focus on those three people.

I failed to realize that this game is much smaller. We really can't afford a miskill to narrow down the slate our info roles should look at to 1/3 or 1/4 of the game. It's just not a good sacrifice at this point in a game that won't have too many turns.

I apologize for that plan and my initial "I just woke up and haven't had food yet" hostility. I'm not sure who I want to vote now. Probably leaning (ironically) to Del since I don't think he's posted since the very beginning? But that's more to draw people out of woodworks and see what they think so I'm not casting it as a vote for the time being.
I like you better now. But why Del rather than Espy or Waffle? Just a randomly selected inactive? Seems weird that both you and Equitia went for her out of all the inactives.

Unvote: Persephone
Vote: Fusion

I said earlier, I don't like CWAC (or posting mostly fluff, I think you've got a bit of both). It's scummy. You're doing a lot of it.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
I’m home from work now so I can respond.

I still haven’t heard a good explanation as to why murdering people based on virtually no evidence is a good idea. Because of that, I have not yet been persuaded to kill anyone.

Here’s my thoughts on everyone I have significant thoughts on thus far:

Del: From what I’ve heard, she has other things on her mind right now. Killing her for not immediately throwing herself into Mafia seems like a shitty thing to do. This is the one thing I can say I will not do. If it is, for whatever reason, strategic to kill someone inactive, I’d much rather pick someone else.

Equital: Impressively bloodthirsty. Between Choshi/Tanuki, Pers and Del, has fired shots at more people than we have suspected Mafia players. I’ll take Dawning and Windskull’s words for it making some degree of sense, but would otherwise be my number one choice for the person who wants to kill everyone.

Persephone: Again, taking your words for it that suggesting we kill random people isn’t too crazy... she really isn’t that suspicious? Almost definitely is on the opposite side as Equital, though. I just can’t see the difference between Pers wanting to kill random people making her suspicious versus Equital wanting to kill a third of the cast being totally normal. Can someone explain that to me?

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
Stepping in real quick to lay down some ground rules:

- A reminder that Day 1 ends 48 hours after it began, at 5 AM UTC/1 AM EST October 12.
-
Night 1 will begin once Day 1 ends, at 5 AM UTC Oct 12, but will end on Midnight/8PM EST October 13
- Going forward from there, all day and night cycles will be on a fixed 48 hour cycle. I realize that makes Night 1 short, but give the small number of players and with how quickly people sent in their night actions for Night 0, I don't suppose this will be an issue. I began Day 1 once everyone sent in their night actions but I failed to give all the players a heads up. I apologize for doing so and am working to remedy this in the future.
- A reminder that if you are role-playing (and you are free/encouraged to roleplay as much as you like!), please put your roleplay text in double brackets [[like this]].
- If you'd like to check out the previous Mafia thread for Roleplay-optional, you can do so here. Some players kept in character the entire game, and some did very little roleplay. Both are acceptable!

As the vote currently stands:
- Abstain: Shiny Phantump, Fusion, Tanuki
- Fusion: DawningWinds
- Persephone: Equitia
- No vote: DeliriousAbsol, Waffle, SparklingEspeon, windskull, Persephone
- Chibi Pika: Persephone

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
It's plural.
My bad. Will try not to mix it up again ^^;

I like you better now. But why Del rather than Espy or Waffle? Just a randomly selected inactive? Seems weird that both you and Equitia went for her out of all the inactives.
I'll admit I noticed that as well, though if Perseph's more recent post can be believed it was a mistake? I'll admit I'm a bit more suspicious of Persephone with that, but I can also believe that it was an honest mistake since Tanuki was mentioned in one of her earlier posts.

Also all the acronyms aren’t helping me feel any less in over my head. Like, what does CWAC mean?
I'll admit that I'm not super familiar with the acronyms either. This is only my second mafia game so I'm not super familiar with the meta of Mafia games. Though from what I can find this particular acronym means "Content without actually contributing" or making posts, but the posts not actually contributing to the discussion/figuring things out.

As for the killing thing. I don't know about how the mafia are approaching things in this game, but in the previous game we pushed for a no lynch on day one because it meant none of us were in any danger, while also giving us time to puzzle out people's roles. Whether it was good strategy or not is questionable.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Also all the acronyms aren’t helping me feel any less in over my head. Like, what does CWAC mean? Google tells me it’s the Canadian Women’s Army Corps, but I don’t think that’s what it means in this context.
Doesn't cover terms like sheeping and fluff, but if you need definitions for those too, I'm happy to provide them.

I just can’t see the difference between Pers wanting to kill random people making her suspicious versus Equital wanting to kill a third of the cast being totally normal. Can someone explain that to me?
I don't find Persephone suspicious for for the Random Voting Thing specifically, but I like Equitia's other points about Persephone and found her suspicious for that. And I don't think Equitia was suggesting we kill off a third of the game, just that only a third of the player should vote (which I don't agree with, because everyone's thoughts are important and I usually see not voting at the end of the day as suspicious).

Hey I meant Tanuki not Del. My bad. Didn’t bother looking back. Weird that they could bother to make one sort of strategy post and then not defend it when it came into question.
This is a bit better than "just lynch an inactice and move on"; I think if we do end up going for an inactive, Tanuki might be the best choice.

"Content without actually contributing"
Close, Contribute Without Actually Contributing. Means the same thing either way, though.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
I'll admit I noticed that as well, though if Perseph's more recent post can be believed it was a mistake? I'll admit I'm a bit more suspicious of Persephone with that, but I can also believe that it was an honest mistake since Tanuki was mentioned in one of her earlier posts.

Also, she referred to Del as having posted before, and used he/him, which is for Tanuki, not Del. That one that’s definitely a mistake.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Huh... I could’ve sword I’d read “Unvote: Tanuki, Vote: Persephone” but I’m wrong there...
...That was me. I threw a joking vote on Tanuki in my first post (that I never intended to leave until the end of the day, in case you were wondering) and took it off to vote Persephone. Then I took that off when I decided Persephone was looking better to vote Fusion.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Del: From what I’ve heard, she has other things on her mind right now. Killing her for not immediately throwing herself into Mafia seems like a shitty thing to do. This is the one thing I can say I will not do. If it is, for whatever reason, strategic to kill someone inactive, I’d much rather pick someone else.
Oh right, I forgot to reply to this. I'll vouch for your statement here. Del seems to be a bit stressed out rn from what I've heard, and I'd agree that I am hesitant to put too much pressure on her, especially on Day one. I would still like her to make an appearance at least, even if it's just to repeat this. Day two I might re-evaluate this stance, though.

With that in mind I'm going to tentatively sit my vote on Waffle before I go to bed, but I am not particularly sold to that vote and I'll more than likely change it before days end unless I'm given a good reason to leave it.

Top Bottom