• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WINS] Third Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[Technically scum vigilante isn't impossible, if Negrek just wanted more deaths to make the game go quicker, buuuut seems unlikely.

Also probably if Tetra was legitimately mafia vig probably Kichiro wouldn't have claimed to be a vig in the first place, so yeah, has to be considered very unlikely.]]
[[Technically it's not impossible I guess but Kichiro based on they're claim was most likely strongman and either way Mafia almost definitely strongmanned windskull based on flavour and giving Mafia both vigilante (which, if Tetra is to be believed on the details of her claim, is multiple use) and strongman seems like way overkill to me, and Mafia vigs are pretty hard to balance and the balance of this game based on claims doesn't make there a significant enough chance that I would be worried about that, and of course Kichiro's claim.
She could also be an SK too I guess but her not shooting night 1 makes that extremely unlikely as well, and Sike's flip certainly doesn't make it more likely.
So I guess she's not mechanically 100% confirmed, but like, 98%. I'm willing to treat that as effectivelly confirmed.]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Hmm, perhaps I'm being uncharitable," said Steven. "I'll at least say that I have targeted the same person for the entirety of this game. Not so unlike our good doctor, here
[[YOU—

Okay, okay, I'm not going to let my anger get in the way of this, but I have been aware that I have been blocked three nights in a row and was nothing more than a glorified vanilla townie and I'm fucking pissed about it. Why?

My role is called Sailor's Knack and refers to Atair being adaptable, taking over the jobs/responsibilities of those who fall overboard. Universal Backup. I inherited Namo's role.

What role was that you may ask? It's called Expert Interrogation and refers to interrogating players in reference to Qulitan's excellent ability to gather info.

Pano, I hope you enjoy the news that you have been kneecapping Town this entire time. You've been blocking your Cop for the entire game and therefore, blocked three confirmed reads for everyone.

The reason I was so on-board with a mass claim was so I could incite Follow-the-Cop and to get the damn Roleblocker off my ass. Why did I make no mention of blockers prior? Because I'm not fucking stupid enough to soft-claim an info role for the Mafia. Fucking hell.]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[:unquag:]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
The reason I was so on-board with a mass claim was so I could incite Follow-the-Cop and to get the damn Roleblocker off my ass.
[[Wouldn't you have assumed the person blocking you was more likely mafia than town, though, in which case claiming would absolutely not get them off your ass?]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[...
Fucking hell.
I don't find this remotely surprising, admittedly. I've assumed Pano was a scum roleblocker who had guessed Inke had a strong role after their night zero block, and I assumed Inke was at least planning to claim something like backup since her soft yesterday.
]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[With the strongman shot presumably wasted, I am in a mind to claim. What I will say, however, is that it won't provide much light on what happened overnight for a couple reasons I won't specify just yet. Just know that I am very :copyka: about it.]]
[[Was this an exasperated copyka?]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
I have blocked Inke every night, and I chose her N0 specifically because she had been vocal about being blocked in other games.
[[Also this is straight up not true. I've never been blocked in a Mafia game before, I only got vocal about them in second anni when I was the Mafia Blocker and only after Abra claimed to fail a swap. So congrats.

Wouldn't you have assumed the person blocking you was more likely mafia than town, though, in which case claiming would absolutely not get them off your ass?
See, I wasn't sure about that. I began leaning that it was Town on the second night I was aware of a block because at that point I expected Mafia would find better roles to block if I kept quiet about it.

[[Was this an exasperated copyka?]]
And yes. Yes it was.]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
jet-laugh.png
"Bahaha of course! I shoulda known! Welp, that settles it!"

[[Negrek games always have a Backup, and Inke has been hinting Backup for quiiite a while. Even if Inke was like, a Mafia Rolecop who'd checked Qitlan's role, softclaiming Backup so early when Negrek always includes them would be suicide. And numerically, there's just no way Inke and Pano are both town.]]

jet-neutral.png
"I ain't voting for the blue-hair girl or the Nickit, end-of. And the Tyrunt seems good. And there's barely anyone left, so--"

Vote: Steven

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
[[Preeetty sure we have a game solve. Steven's flip will clear Inke, Dragonfree will obviously protect Inke, Inke can cop either one of the remaining suspects or me, and I can track a suspect (thus Inke can prove my intel is good.) Oh, and Dawning can make one of the suspects target the other. We got this.]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[
Inke, Tetra, Bench, Chibi, Free, Star, DW, Pano
Off the top of my head, the following scumpairs are impossible.
Inke =/= Pano - We know Pano has been targetting Inke thanks to Chibi's tracker, and Inke has corroborated the roleblock. The only way Pano and Inke can be scum together is if they're also scum with Chibi, which would be dumb to do because they're claims tie the entire team together in a way-too-risky way.
Star =/= Bench - Free explained this yesterday
Bench =/= Free - Free and Bench are not
scum together as there's likely to be at least one real protective role
Tetra =/= Kichiro and by extension Tetra =/= mafia.
DW =/= Pano - Admittedly, I am biased but. I find it unlikely for scum to have multiple disruptors. Most likely, at least one of us is scum. (Feel free to hold me to this tomorrow if there's still a game and Pano's town.)

Pano = Star - I explained why I think it's probable for Pano to be covering for Star inheriting the Mafia kill earlier. It would be risky, but as long

I can't come up with any other super obvious links at the moment, will look later.
But based on my current list, the following teams seem reasonable assuming scum Pano:
Pano/Star/Free
Pano/Star/Chibi
Pano/Free/Chibi
Pano/Bench/Chibi

Wow that's really all I can come up with? I can't come up with a team where neither Chibi or Free is scum in a Pano scum world-- I trust Chibi more currently. I think Star is Pano's stongest link, which makes Pano/Bench by extension unlikely, and Star my preferred lynch for tomorrow.

So my most likely scumteam is gonna be Pano/Star/Free. Regardless, I think today's best lynch is gonna be Pano, because after his claim, he's the one I'm most confident in being scum.

Vote: Panoramic_Vacuum

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Given I was ready to bite Pano last night, might as well go for it! Maybe pano figured this out somehow...

Vote: Pano

The other option involves Chibi leading us all astray but eh

I agree with the plan that even if these Is a stealth scum we can still solve this I believe]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Honestly I think it's pretty probable there were only ever three mafia and one third party? Four mafia would already be >25% of the players and a third party on top of that is a lot.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I do wanna puzzle something out though:

1. Inkedust (Altair) - Probably Town
  2. IFBench (Burhalla) - Probably town
  3. Starlight Aurate (Archie) - Null
  4. Panoramic_Vacuum (Steven Stone) - Null
  5. DawningWinds (Nefari)
  6. Chibi Pika (Jet) -Soft town, Neo trusted them, for what thats worth
  7. Flyg0n (Rascal) - townlock
  8. Dragonfree (May Victoria Wallace) - Soft town

Assumably, we have a 5/3 or 6/2 split.

Worst case is 5/3

If today is a mislynch, we're in trouble - Game over maybe! Big oof. We actually need to be cautious...

But if we have 3 scum to start, that means we're down to 6/2.

I'm obviously town.

If there's three, that means we have an ultra stealther

But with two I feel like we have a good chance to puzzle this out.

]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
jet-think.png
"Maybe not if the Nosepass wasn't tryin' to kill us, though. We don't know what he was plannin'."

[[I might just have ptsd from 2nd anni. Three mafia seems too easy, but maybe it would've been harder depending on who rolled what. It could have just been extraordinary bad luck that the scumteam were all new at this, and Negrek couldn't exactly rebalance after assigning roles.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Honestly I think it's pretty probable there were only ever three mafia and one third party? Four mafia would already be >25% of the players and a third party on top of that is a lot.]]
[[Wait we had 15 players, so would 4 scum 1 TP be reasonable? :unsure:]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[hmm. Actually, good question that might make something clear to me. Starlight claimed to send mail to Pano last night. If there are only 3 Mafia and the two were scumbuddies, then that claim would work well together as it implies that Starlight inherited the factional kill from Virgil and the two are trying to cover it up.

Anyway, disregarding my utter salt at the situation, Pano is probably our safest vote here as there isn't a scum comp I can think of that doesn't involve her.
Vote: Steven]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[Hm. I think it'd depend on 3p's wincon. If 3p could win with town four Mafia is plausible, but if Sike was an SK that just got blocked I'd agree that 3 mafia to start with makes sense. 13p games usually have 3 mafia and a 3p, so I kinda see this as similar but larger though-- a quarter of the game as scum and then throw the extra slot to 3p.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[I do want to review a bit more before making a vote but Pano as simply scum roleblocker definitely would explain a lot. I don't think it was really unlikely scum would've blocked Inke per se - exactly who would've been an obviously better target so far? Tetra was likely to shoot town so letting her do it benefitted mafia, Muse would've been a good target except they were strongmanning her anyway so obviously not, their kills were going through fine and nobody was claiming cop or anything, no reason to block Bench last night unless going for Tetra who Bench said he'd protect.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit