• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[At any rate the goal is to try and identify any other patterns that might be mafia-like. I actually am curious. I don't recall hearing a whole lot of stuff from Inkedust? They might simply be busy but I don't believe Altair has been around a lot.

No concrete suspicion, just curiosity.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Oops, ignore the inkedust thing, I bungled and forgot they've been around.

Anyways

I'm disinclined to automatically trust AbraPunk's lover claim. That doesn't mean I suspect her - there is zero basis for doing so if we believe Homestar is bulletproof - but just because she claimed lovers under immense pressure doesn't mean it's true;
I wanted to address this, I think this might be true. It's worth considering at least! I doubt Abra is SK but I also dont auto believe lover... idk

this is confusing]]

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[Nobody had powers on day 0 though so idk if thats actually useful]]

"Not sure if that would actually make much difference. This... game seems to rely on powers beyond the usual sort."

"Even before roles are decided, there's always a game being played," Mike reasoned. "If someone--- anyone, really, had a poor interaction with KTLA-5 or the Ferryman, then they'd be inclined to either kill them or throw their Mafia vote at them.

"So," Mike looked around, "honestly, that brings me back to Koromon over here. I remember he and Ferry traded some ill words. Then again, the little thing traded lots of stuff with lots of people.

"And the Porygon twins were besties," Mike pointed to the rolling emotional wreck, "which would be a superb shield for them to hide behind. Imagine, you set up this great friendship, and then get handed the opportunity to Force Stop their program?"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Oh jeez I really don’t know what to think. The more people say it, the more I have to agree that Mike probably isn’t mafia because the strategy doesn’t check out agh. Buuuut does anybody think it’s possible he’s the SK? I guess I just don’t want to believe he’s actually town LOL

I don’t know what to think. But I also don’t want to abstain because if there’s a chance he is the SK we would do best to get rid of him ASAP. Remember how quickly everybody died last game?? Yeah. I don’t want that to happen AGAIN. So for now I’m keeping my vote on Homestar but I’m definitely open to discussion about it.]]
[[Why would he have done any of this gambit as serial killer? By pointing fingers at an innocent, he'd immediately put a target on himself once AbraPunk flipped, and thus get himself lynched tomorrow. There's absolutely no possible motivation for him to make this claim as serial killer, as far as I can tell.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[If we're playing by the rules, RP should not have any bearing on votes. Any townie who votes out of spite/bad rp is Not Good. thats a not good thing to do.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Why would he have done any of this gambit as serial killer? By pointing fingers at an innocent, he'd immediately put a target on himself once AbraPunk flipped, and thus get himself lynched tomorrow. There's absolutely no possible motivation for him to make this claim as serial killer, as far as I can tell.]]
[[As much as it kills me to say this is true. Was likely just. well anyways. It wouldn't be a smart SK unless he was somehow forcing a hand, which also seems unlikely? I'm mostly interested in waiting to see what say, Sylveon says.]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
[[If we're playing by the rules, RP should not have any bearing on votes. Any townie who votes out of spite/bad rp is Not Good. thats a not good thing to do.]]

[[Then vote me out! Like I said, I screwed up big-time due to misunderstanding some fundamentals of the game, and I did spite-vote based on RP. Honestly, I'm A-OK taking this as a learning moment and catching an early elimination. No ill feelings here!]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
honestly, that brings me back to Koromon over here.

Kent's head snapped up as he stared at Mike. "Koromon? Really?" He sighed and put his head in his hands. "No. Just no."

Then again, the little thing traded lots of stuff with lots of people

"Heheh... you know what that makes it sound like, right?" He giggled for a few seconds.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
[[ shiiiiit I just realized that, if very specific events play out, we could have four deaths this upcoming day/night ]]
[[F-Four? This setup typically maxes at 2 kills per night, only hitting 3 when Lovers go down. Unless I've misunderstood something badly, we should never have 4 because the Juggernaut needs to use up the Mafia's factional kill to activate their power. The doctor should be almost certainly be protecting you (<- Doctor read this) and Lovers are an absolute waste of a Juggernaut so we should two tops tonight unless scum gets real lucky guessing your partner... which is becoming increasingly likely with the claims today...

Not that that I like abstaining here, though, don't get me wrong... Normally I think of it as a normal outcome to N1, so I guess I oughtn't be so disappointed, but I was so sure we had something back there that losing it all leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Still, anything's better than a mislynch...

Also ignore me being all "ooh I have to change my vote in case time runs out while I'm eating" I, uhh, may have forgotten we had until tomorrow... I am still open to changing that if something new comes up, but in all honesty I think this trail may have gone cold, so I'm... emotionally preparing to have to give up on it and abstain. I'm a ball of mixed feelings rn.]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
This setup typically maxes at 2 kills per night, only hitting 3 when Lovers go down
[[ oh wait seriously? Nice, didnt know that

Ok that's good to know. Way less stress on having numbers dwindle so quickly]]

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
[[Last game had the mafia kill, and a second mafia player who could kill again every second night without using the factional kill, and a mafia doctor who could shoot for an overdose every night, and (theoretically) an Arsonist. That was a cut above anything we'll see here, even given the Arsonist was inactive. Until we off the SK we can expect "par" for a night to be 2 kills, occasionally above or below. That is bad, don't get me wrong, but it's better than four.]]

Homestar!

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
Kent's head snapped up as he stared at Mike. "Koromon? Really?" He sighed and put his head in his hands. "No. Just no."

"Actually," Mike squinted at the little thing, "I do remember someone else antagonizing Ferry a fair-y bit more than you did. And if you really wanted someone gone, I think it would have been Wes who bit the big one.

"Then again," Mike rubbed his mouth, "could all be a mislead. You picked a huge fight with Colosseum over there," he jerked his thumb at Wes. "Could have been a mislead so that we all think Wes would go if you were really a Rocket or the Serial Killer. But someone else actually had a tiff with the Lucario.

"There's a Houndoom in here, right?" Mike looked around, trying to find the black canine.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Until we off the SK we can expect "par" for a night to be 2 kills, occasionally above or below. That is bad, don't get me wrong, but it's better than four.]]
[[ sorry for the confusion, for some reason I thought a Juggernaut kill would have been separate from regular mafia kill ]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[I posted a theory earlier that maybe Mike thought he could get away with claiming town role cop, get a mislynch, and then get an automatic extra night to kill someone else. But yeah, it’s not exactly a solid plan—but have any of the options sounded solid? 😅 It’s a weird play no matter how you look at it. But yeah, after typing out my thoughts, it’s still more likely he’s town than anything else.]]

Wes pinched his nose and groaned in frustration. “Gods-dammit,” he growled, “we’ve done nothing but go in circles all day.” He looked up and glared at Mike. “You might be an idiot, but I don’t think you deserve to die for it. Fine. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.”

Unvote: Mike/Homestar

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[ sorry for the confusion, for some reason I thought a Juggernaut kill would have been separate from regular mafia kill ]]
[[You’re good, I thought this too lol. So many small mechanics that I’m still not aware of.]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[At any rate the goal is to try and identify any other patterns that might be mafia-like. I actually am curious. I don't recall hearing a whole lot of stuff from Inkedust? They might simply be busy but I don't believe Altair has been around a lot.

No concrete suspicion, just curiosity.]]

[[I have been around, it just so happens that activity seems to spike at the most inopportune moments today (the accusation happened when I was in class and most of the subsequent discussion happened when I was asleep)—so I'm trying to say more in fewer posts. However, since I'm here, I may as well go over a few observations I've had while rereading the thread. Bear in mind, this is all speculation and I just want to hear a bit more from the players I happen to bring up here:
  • I have become minorly suspect of Clovis for a number of reasons but the main ones here is that he's not offering anything of substance and is seemingly taking a number of things at face value. Additionally, if we assume that Phan is telling us the truth about the information she received, it makes Clovis' claim more suspect. With this in mind, it's probably safe to assume that Hazel and Clovis are mutually exclusive; if one is scum, chances are, the other is not.
  • BARTHOLOMEW confuses me... To me, their posts read more as obfuscating/active lurking then anything else. I understand that this entire shtick is very most likely in character, but I don't see anything presented here—that entire first post was nothing more than a dressed up vote for Kent and they haven't brought up any real points since.
  • Not entirely sure how to feel about Pory-fren. I'd like to hear more from them before making any assumptions.
Those are the three who have caught my attention the most, but feel free to point out any holes/argue my points. I'm just trying to find a lead after running after a redherring for the better part of the day.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I have been around, it just so happens that activity seems to spike at the most inopportune moments today (the accusation happened when I was in class and most of the subsequent discussion happened when I was asleep)—so I'm trying to say more in fewer posts. However, since I'm here, I may as well go over a few observations I've had while rereading the thread. Bear in mind, this is all speculation and I just want to hear a bit more from the players I happen to bring up here:
  • I have become minorly suspect of Clovis for a number of reasons but the main ones here is that he's not offering anything of substance and is seemingly taking a number of things at face value. Additionally, if we assume that Phan is telling us the truth about the information she received, it makes Clovis' claim more suspect. With this in mind, it's probably safe to assume that Hazel and Clovis are mutually exclusive; if one is scum, chances are, the other is not.
  • BARTHOLOMEW confuses me... To me, their posts read more as obfuscating/active lurking then anything else. I understand that this entire shtick is very most likely in character, but I don't see anything presented here—that entire first post was nothing more than a dressed up vote for Kent and they haven't brought up any real points since.
  • Not entirely sure how to feel about Pory-fren. I'd like to hear more from them before making any assumptions.
Those are the three who have caught my attention the most, but feel free to point out any holes/argue my points. I'm just trying to find a lead after running after a redherring for the better part of the day.]]
[[Yeah, fudged a bit there and blanked that you actually had posted earlier anyway!

Bartholomew actually confused me too and Clovis did make my ears perk. I'ld like to hear more from them, actually!

I think we can safely assume its worth really investigating anyone else outside this red herring run, or re-evluating reactions to it in like of supposed new reveals. Will see how this goes...]]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
[[on my lunch break. Abra isn't totally clear of suspicion imo but I'm inclined to ease up and look into other possibilities. Homestar is also kind of "hm" but reads to me more like a hastily thought newbie gambit than a scum gambit. All other thoughts are still in the air and will have to wait but for now

Unvote Abrapunk
]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
You picked a huge fight with Colosseum over there,"

"Oh, yeah," Kent glanced over at Wes, then returned his attention to Mike. "That was a thing that happened."

He was silent for some time. If this Mike guy was going to be voted out by the end of the day... why not be nice to him?

Kent hesitated, fidgeting with a shadowy ball that he had summoned. "Hey, uh, Mike. Sorry for... that shit I did at the beginning of the day. I was just being an ass for no real reason."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Then vote me out! Like I said, I screwed up big-time due to misunderstanding some fundamentals of the game, and I did spite-vote based on RP. Honestly, I'm A-OK taking this as a learning moment and catching an early elimination. No ill feelings here!]]
[[I'll respond to other stuff in the morning but seriously bud don't take the L when you don't have to. Just sitting around as a spare body as town gives the town an extra day to win! Remember how this game works: when there are as many scum as town, scum win. You'd actively be reducing the odds of a town victory.]]

Top Bottom