• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] THE MADEMOISELLE'S BANQUET (December Mafia)—GAME THREAD

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
View attachment 1955 "I have a really good feeling about Mimikyu Loïc! This is a lot of effort, and really good observations and questions! I don't think it makes sense for a killer to behave like he does."

[[Sind is my firmest Townread right now, honestly.]]
[[Agreed!]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
  9. porygon
Hana nodded, still feeling vaguely shocked yet relieved. Some part of her was scared now - scared for the night, scared for these powers and scared for strange Purrloin. She'd been so angry with her yesterday but now she only hoped that she survived somehow. She seemed nervous, but smart. And her actions made sense now, if she'd been eavesdropping!

"I... I agree, I think, with the Purrloin." What was her name again? "I think that weird Mimikyu and perhaps... Steven-" she hissed his name spitefully, "-Might be innocent."

She eyed the Espeon. She wanted to trust her, but it was so hard to tell.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
  9. porygon
[[Just flavor!

I do tentively trust Pano/Sind though.]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Just regular Cop. I can't see roles, I see alignments.]]

[[Regarding scepticism about the Jackie-Tetra flailing – if Tetra is also innocent, the scumteam has a lot to gain by getting one of us mislynched, but a lot to lose if they are too obvious about trying to get it to happen and then getting caught on a mislynch wagon. Take note.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
  9. porygon
Something else had Hana worried though. "Guys... I don't know what to do tonight. I don't want whoever has that strange deflecting power to mess up my power."

And of course it would be hard to trust anyone's advice.

[[Thats the other issue. :rolleyes:
Deflector really messes things up because idk who they might target or who to risk boosting.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon

[[Regarding scepticism about the Jackie-Tetra flailing – if Tetra is also innocent, the scumteam has a lot to gain by getting one of us mislynched, but a lot to lose if they are too obvious about trying to get it to happen and then getting caught on a mislynch wagon. Take note.]]
[[Taking note, and also offering that so far not many people have jumped on voting trains for the mislynch. There's been a lot of silence in terms of actual voting for someone. Mafia might have done what you suggested, making a kill to make someone look bad (the fact that zen was killed night0 after fuze and I had some heated RP could also be seen attempt at framing), while sitting back and interfering behind the scenes rather than jump on the votes themselves. This would make sense if they only were a two man scum team as two votes isn't a ton of sway with this many people alive.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[and a follow up to my last post, if it is a two man team that's relying on interference, my money is on *both* scum having some kind of interfering power. Is having a redirector and a roleblocker in play too OP to consider?]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui

[[Whoops yeah I meant Cop. And this is…a really good point! Going to keep this in mind for sure.

Something else had Hana worried though. "Guys... I don't know what to do tonight. I don't want whoever has that strange deflecting power to mess up my power."

And of course it would be hard to trust anyone's advice.

[[Thats the other issue. :rolleyes:
Deflector really messes things up because idk who they might target or who to risk boosting.]]
[[So I know we talked about deflector vs bus driver but I’m still confused…does a deflector actually transfer the effects of an action onto another person, or does it just shield the target from all actions?]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[No, that sounds about right, actually. Roleblocker can be town but is usually scum. Classic scum role, actually. If someone had their night action blocked, they won't necessarily know unless they have an inforole that normally returns a result, so we can't evidence it.]]

The blocked player will not normally be told that they have been blocked

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
does a deflector actually transfer the effects of an action onto another person
[[Yep! So if Tetra was hit by a deflector, and the second target was scum, it would ensure a cop would see Tetra as guilty. I would pay money to see scumchat right now, tbh.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Yep! So if Tetra was hit by a deflector, and the second target was scum, it would ensure a cop would see Tetra as guilty. I would pay money to see scumchat right now, tbh.]]
[[This is giving me gray hairs. Good lord. I genuinely don’t know how we can win without just shooting blindly in the dark and getting lucky.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
  9. porygon
[[This is giving me gray hairs. Good lord. I genuinely don’t know how we can win without just shooting blindly in the dark and getting lucky.]]
[[We'll probably just need to make educated guesses.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
  9. porygon
[[man every mafia has something nuts happen huh.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Seren says Pano has been the main poker, with thoughts I agree with. Lots of poking, not a lot of insight. WHAT WAS YOUR "THEORY"? OR WAS THAT RP FLAVOR, THE PEOPLE MUST KNOW LMFAO
Hello yes, my questioning of Pano D1 was in direct response to Pano saying something about “well I know who’s in my pool to vote for” and then never following up on that. She very blatantly dodged my question when I asked her what she meant, and still has not given any further explanation.
[[Okay one last bit of clarification! I believe the "theory" post I made was on D1, and it was not just flavor. The thing is, the theory was surrounding Jackie's absence that day, (the Silencer theory) which was completely and thoroughly debunked lol. That later morphed into the "conditional scum teams" read list I tossed out at end of day D1, which was then also debunked pretty thoroughly. I don't believe I've tossed the word "theory" out since then bc lol welp we saw how far those first two got me.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"I have a really good feeling about Mimikyu Loïc! This is a lot of effort, and really good observations and questions! I don't think it makes sense for a killer to behave like he does."
[[Agreed!]]
"I... I agree, I think, with the Purrloin." What was her name again? "I think that weird Mimikyu and perhaps... Steven-" she hissed his name spitefully, "-Might be innocent."
Loïc bobbed his faux head from side to side as he tapped his pointer against the floor. Yes, yes, it was very good that Short Girl taught him how to scribble.

Short Girl and Tall Gray Man would be very proud of him, probably.

"Kyyyyuuuu," he chirped as he scurried over to the Purrloin, green dragon thingy, and bow-less Enora and sat near them. He pulled out his half-eaten pecha berry and continued to eat it, for a job well done.

However, mid-chew, he whipped out a couple of Monopoly houses and flung them toward the Sableye and blob thing, hissing as he did. Those two...

Bad? Maybe bad.

[[My biggest scumreads are Shini and Seren, and I'm still trying to figure out if it's because they're playing like n00bz, or are scum n00bz. Still really hard to tell.

[[I don't think Inke's read DE but this is very in-character for Salem, actually. The role is named 'Limber', after one of Purrloin's abilities in mainline.]]
This tracks.

Nono, let me clarify! I was referring to the fact that I had mixed feelings initially when Pano proposed the idea. It was a blend of “well asking everyone to claim is a terrible idea and definitely something scum would want us to do” and “well we aren’t gonna get anywhere until someone breaks the ice.
AHHHH okay, got it.

However, due to the limitations of my role, getting a boost from Tetra would be extremely beneficial for town. However, I’m not gonna push her to boost me—it’s all up to her and I am more than happy to let her give that to someone else. I just got really excited when she shared that because I think we would make an awesome combo. Though to be fair, everyone with a town-helpful role could probably say that, lol. I just got carried away.
Hmmmmm, alright, fair defense.

My brain's fried, are you saying that it's like...more convenient for scum if Tetra or you do get mislynched?

[[Okay one last bit of clarification! I believe the "theory" post I made was on D1, and it was not just flavor. The thing is, the theory was surrounding Jackie's absence that day, (the Silencer theory) which was completely and thoroughly debunked lol. That later morphed into the "conditional scum teams" read list I tossed out at end of day D1, which was then also debunked pretty thoroughly. I don't believe I've tossed the word "theory" out since then bc lol welp we saw how far those first two got me.]]
OHHHH you were referring to that Silencer theory, okay, got it. Alright, slightly more town for the moment.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Ok I’m gonna get back into RP because I want to enjoy the RP side of things a bit more, and also I want to try to prevent myself from going too hard (already broke that a little, whoops) so ye! Gonna try to stay ic for the rest of the day but feel free to hit me with any questions, I will still answer them.]]
Untitled_Artwork.png Neo’s head was spinning. So many things! Splotch Cat was a cop? His fur prickled with unease. Wes didn’t like cops, so by default, Neo hadn’t either…but this one seemed good. Sneaking around at night to hear people’s conversations? Untitled_Artwork 10.pngThat was smart! She was good at this game!

However, mid-chew, he whipped out a couple of Monopoly houses and flung them toward the Sableye and blob thing, hissing as he did. Those two...

Untitled_Artwork 6.png Neo nodded and shot a glare at the two ghosts with a low growl. He should have known he couldn’t trust ghosts—well, except for the sassy rag. He seemed good, and he wasn’t too bad at this game, either. But those two…Neo swished his tail and swiveled his ears back. He did not trust them.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
  9. porygon
[[I'm staring at the thread but idk what to do... I still tentatively think Sind, Shinji and Pano are least sus of the unknown - Sind, Wind, Yellow, Pano, Shinji, Seren, Minty.

Which even though I am uncertain, means the 'more' sussier ones are:
Seren,
Wind,
Minty,
Yellow

In descending order from most to least sussish. At the same time, it's hard to sus Seren and Wind bc I perfectly understand they're busy and haven't had time to respond to new developments. Right now, this is mostly a mix of process of elimination or vibes. I... I think I'll make a vote soon.]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
My brain's fried, are you saying that it's like...more convenient for scum if Tetra or you do get mislynched?
[[I'm saying I believe the best explanation why there's no pushback right now on me and Tetra is because while mislynching the cop or a motivator would be great for scum, anyone caught pushing a mislynch on us will immediately come under enormous scrutiny, and a small scumteam can't afford to do that.]]

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
"I'm too curious for my own good and I'm small and flexible enough to fit into tight spaces! So I've been crawling around the ventilation ducts in this place and going to where I think people's room are, to listen to what they do during the night!"
"A clever, curious cat we have on our hands," the Professor said, hand over his chin and smiling, "I thank you for bravely sharing your insights even in the face of such danger. With this, I do believe I can absolve any suspicion upon you or the Flygon for that matter."
"Kyyyyuuuu," he chirped as he scurried over to the Purrloin, green dragon thingy, and bow-less Enora and sat near them. He pulled out his half-eaten pecha berry and continued to eat it, for a job well done.
"...And an equally astute Mimikyu." Though I can't say I approve of the mess they're making... At least it's not another 'Cheery Cherrim Cheers' by the boss. I'm still finding charred blossoms stuck in the office's ceiling a year later. He shook his head. Now was not the time to be reminiscing about the past.
[[No, that sounds about right, actually. Roleblocker can be town but is usually scum. Classic scum role, actually. If someone had their night action blocked, they won't necessarily know unless they have an inforole that normally returns a result, so we can't evidence it.]]
"A Roleblocker, hm? If one were to exist, a scum-aligned one would become a treacherous threat, but a town-aligned would be an amazing asset that could potentially block the Deflector. Even so, I echo that we ought to stay quiet about our own roles for the time being, as a scum Roleblocker [assuming there is a Roleblocker] would most certainly target anyone with a useful ability." He mumbled to himself the last part, unsure if it was too tactless to say, "And... unfortunately, the likelihood of us losing Purrloin or Flygon is quite high. Only one of the scum team's abilities would be used on the one that would not be offed." He grimaced at the thought and clutched at his chest horn.
All the while, Mademoiselle giggled at the ongoing show. So many twists and turns. She couldn't wait to see how it would end.
Agh, time ticks too tenaciously! "...Apologies for my tangent, let us find the killers posthaste. There's a bit of a question I'd like to ask for your opinions on: assuming there are only two inglorious individuals, do you believe this to be a mastermind-accomplice relationship, or a pair of commensurate conspirators? This might help us narrow our list of potential pairs."
[In descending order from most to least sussish. At the same time, it's hard to sus Seren and Wind bc I perfectly understand they're busy and haven't had time to respond to new developments.]]
((Agreed on Seren and Wind. I really want to name off one of them, but, it's so hard for me to do that considering their IRL situations. If push comes to shove, I will likely coinflip and pray.))
He looked back up with a steely gaze, "I do feel at least the ghosts may be potential suspects, though, I admit, that is simply a guess based solely on who I have not been able to chat with as much." I just want to feel those empathic pulses again; I feel so clueless without them. "It's... an unpleasant feeling of directionless-ness right now."

Top Bottom