• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[TOWN WINS] Third Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[Can it really be called a wagon if it's just a single vote?]]

[[Anyways, I'm very mildly sus of Abra for the Mudsdale debacle, but don't have many reads either way on most other people.]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[Can it really be called a wagon if it's just a single vote?]]

[[Anyways, I'm very mildly sus of Abra for the Mudsdale debacle, but don't have many reads either way on most other people.]]
[[Huh… I thought I saw Sind voting me too but it looks like she was just talking about doing so...

I'm not sure how I feel about Abra. The Mudsdale debacle was definitely incredibly dumb, but I'm not sure I think its a scummy dumb.]]

NeoLurosa

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
J:they/them HY:she
Untitled_Artwork 6.png Neo twitched his tail in frustration. Lots of talking, lots of fighting, but nothing was really happening. Why was nobody else keen on catching the bad guys??

He perked up when he heard the water mon speak, and chirped in agreement. Finally, they might be getting somewhere! Of course he didn’t want to accidentally get rid of a good guy, but they needed to do something if they wanted more clues.

Vote: Nefari

[[ Yellow here: yeah I’m gonna co-sign everything Jackie has said. We need information, and we can’t afford to do nothing, especially in role madness games. I’m currently side-eying Abra ever so slightly, as well as Bench, as he’s been kind of unusually quiet this game. However, DW is the biggest mystery for me so far. The reasoning for not being very active seemed kinda flimsy, and also it’s unusual for them to be so quiet. I’d really like to hear more from them and if they have any info to share.]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
However, DW is the biggest mystery for me so far. The reasoning for not being very active seemed kinda flimsy, and also it’s unusual for them to be so quiet. I’d really like to hear more from them and if they have any info to share.
No night related info but I am in the middle of putting together a readslist to further compile my thoughts on the game.
Further detail I guess since my reason is "flimsy": I had to go down near the cities to pick up some migraine shots yesterday. The place I went is roughly two hours from where I live so I was in the car roughly four hours of yesterday and I ended up running a bunch more errands since I was out. Got home pretty late and actually went to bed at a decentish time. Sorry for not staying up extra late for Mafia.

NeoLurosa

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
lurosaquestion.png Lurosa contemplated the matter for a moment, then gave a firm nod.

"I concur with my host, for the most part, although I'll give this some further thought as the day proceeds. I would be delighted to have a genuinely comprehensive 'scumread' on another player, but that's not a realistic desire for the first day. Let us see how things unfold."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Jet folded her arms and stuck her nose in the air. “I ain’t gonna feel bad about tryin to play the game. It’s none a my business whose Voice has gotta do what.”

NeoLurosa

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
No night related info but I am in the middle of putting together a readslist to further compile my thoughts on the game.
Further detail I guess since my reason is "flimsy": I had to go down near the cities to pick up some migraine shots yesterday. The place I went is roughly two hours from where I live so I was in the car roughly four hours of yesterday and I ended up running a bunch more errands since I was out. Got home pretty late and actually went to bed at a decentish time. Sorry for not staying up extra late for Mafia.
[[That’s just how the game goes, my friend. Inactive players will always be suspicious, especially if it seems out of character for the player. The snark really isn’t necessary. I’ll be interested to see your read list!]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[Sorry I haven't been too active. Been juggling many things. Will try to be more active.

Soft Town:
Chibi
HelloJackie
Starlight
(Very) Soft Sus:
Abra
Dawning
Null:
Everyone else]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[That’s just how the game goes, my friend. Inactive players will always be suspicious, especially if it seems out of character for the player. The snark really isn’t necessary. I’ll be interested to see your read list!]]
[[I get that inactive players are an issue, but if you're gonna keep calling me on it after I show up and start giving my thoughts, I'm gonna get kinda annoyed. Yes, I was late, yes voting me on that is reasonable, but unless you take issue with my actual content, there's not much reason to keep it there. The main point of inactive votes is to make them show up. I did that. I was busy and explained why so there's no reason to consider my inactivity suspicious unless taking care of your health during a Mafia game is illegal now.]]

Sike Saner

fundead
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. glalie
Well, that little brawl was entertaining at first, at least. But then one of the combatants slipped metal onto his apparently insatiable fists and started suggesting the luxray get zappy.

[[Okay, maybe step in now. Maybe. Idk.]]

But things escalated before he could. The brass-augmented punches flew, though they inflicted a little less harm than Karo had anticipated. Hmm. All the same, he decided it was time to act. Especially since that eager little charmander was trying to get in on the action. Concentrating, he formed the beginnings of a force field, invisible but very much tangible, between the bleeding Kalosian and any parties too closeby, hoping to nudge them all away from one another.

[[Don't read anything into that last bit; that's just Karo figuring out that yeah he's too slow to intervene properly and maybe doing weird shit with his block ability. Doesn't mean anything wrt any game-relevant abilities he might have.

Okay, so. Day ending soon. All we know is that two messages happened for some reason. My theories at this point re: that are that either we have two mailpeople or else maybe one mailperson and a jack of all trades who sent a message last night, too. (Although, why use up your message shot so early, when you know nothing other than what you are?) At any rate, it tells me precisely fuck all about who's scum and who ain't.

I do not like voting when I know this little. I know we need to start jailing eventually; scum can't be the only ones firing shots. I get that. I've seen arguments in past games for abstaining day 1 if so inclined. I've seen arguments for not doing so, and admittedly they do kind of seem more compelling, like there's more substance to them. I've also seen arguments for and against voting inactives specifically, although I can't recall off the top of my head whether these came from later-confirmed scum or not. Also probably worth mentioning that all the arguments I'm thinking of came from a single game (namely the inaugural TR mafia), because it only occurred to me a day or two before things kicked off here that uh, maybe I oughta study previous games again, especially as it's been a while since I last played.

No proper readlist from me yet. Pretty much everyone is just a big question mark at this point. If anything, I feel like I know even less on this day 1 than I've known on previous first day ones (days one?) sdfssdgs...

Ptptptpt. Might end up voting, might not. Still undecided.]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[
Town
Namohysip (Qitlan)

Sinderella (Dorien Bonhomme) - Explained this in my first post.

IFBench (Burhalla) - I feel like I see them participating in early discussion a little more here than I previously have? Usually I feel like they're all flavour roleplay by this point and them being slightly more proactive makes me feel kinda good about them.

Chibi Pika (Jet) - Kinda torn on this read. I appreciate them getting votes rolling (or at least trying to), and they've done a good job partaking in discission and I would normally find that pretty towny this early, but my experience with them says they'd normally be the first person calling no lynch, under the impression D1 lynches are awful for town. I'm still tentatively inclined to say they're town though?

windskull - Their thoughts on the Mudsdale debacle seem decent to me; I'm fairly certain most people here have played with Abra and saw them receive the play advice wind referenced so drawing attention to this is good. I didn't go through all their other posts in making this but from memory the rest of their thoughts seem genuine.

Sike Saner (Ekunasic Karo) - Nothing solid, but I do think I am getting townish vibes from them.

Null
AbraPunk (Antares) - The dead mudsdale thing was dumb but I can't decide if it's a scummy dumb or just dumb, though since its the first remote attempt at scumhunting all game I do appreciate the discussion coming from it regardless. Basically that's the only standout thing from them.

Virgil134 (Kichiro) - Mostly their focus has been on the mailman thing it seems like, which is kinda where everyone's eyes are. Doesn't feel like they've done a ton in the way of actually trying to come up with actual reads too much but for some reason its not strongly pinging me. Threre's nothing making me inclined to place them in the town pile though.

Inkedust (Altair) - Nothing they've said hugely stands out to me.

Flyg0n (Rascal) - There's not too much from their posts but since they're sick this is understandable. I wouldn't want to lynch them right now, nothing strongly makes me feel one way or another and they haven't had a chance to participate.

Starlight Aurate (Archie) - Nothing really strong from her. There was the message thing which in and of itself is NAI but I feel like she's said other stuff that I just can't remember.

Panoramic_Vacuum (Steven Stone) - I cannot remember their posts even after going back to read them all. The epitome of null.

Scum
DawningWinds (Nefari) - Obv scum as always. Must be lynched on sight.

HelloYellow17/unrepentantAuthor (Lurosa/Neo) - I might just be salty, but placing an inactive vote after the person has shown up is just kinda ridiculous, especially since I'm like the easiest vote in TR history. Of course my reaction will make me look scummy to everyone else, it always does. I'm around 75% confident Jackie was the one who first suggested voting me of them and I'm also equally confident they've been understanding of similarly "flimsy" "I was busy" excuses from other people in the past, and I think Yellow has been too? And their call on me mostly seemed to revolve around the "flimsy" excuse and me not usually being inactive. But when I clarified the "flimsiness" of the excuse they didn't really seem like they cared, because I guess addressing people's complaints is irrelevant.

Dragonfree (May Victoria Wallace) - I don't feel like she's done basically anything but mechanics discussion? Which seems off for her, I think I'd expect townFree to be at least a bit involved in the little discussion of actual players that has occurred.

Vote Dragonfree
]]

NeoLurosa

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
I might just be salty, but placing an inactive vote after the person has shown up is just kinda ridiculous, especially since I'm like the easiest vote in TR history. Of course my reaction will make me look scummy to everyone else, it always does. I'm around 75% confident Jackie was the one who first suggested voting me of them and I'm also equally confident they've been understanding of similarly "flimsy" "I was busy" excuses from other people in the past, and I think Yellow has been too? And their call on me mostly seemed to revolve around the "flimsy" excuse and me not usually being inactive. But when I clarified the "flimsiness" of the excuse they didn't really seem like they cared, because I guess addressing people's complaints is irrelevant.
[[lol I should have expected this. Being inactive for nearly an entire phase and then simply saying “I’m busy and don’t have much to add” doesn’t reflect well no matter who you are. I find you’re being irrationally upset that I didn’t just take your first post, which was very barebones, at face value and immediately drop my suspicions.

Anyway, I’m not interested in getting into an argument. I don’t think my suspicions are irrational here, my vote was mainly to help get the ball rolling because we really do need info, and I’m not appreciating you pushing the snark when I’ve done nothing but try to play the game and be civil. It doesn’t feel great to be sussed, I get it, but getting snippy about it doesn’t do anyone any favors regardless of your alignment.

Anyway, to the actual gameplay itself: can you elaborate on why you’re voting for Free over other people? It’s true that she hasn’t said tooo much of substance, but I feel like she’s contributed more than other players that you have on your null list? I’d just like to hear more of your thoughts on your reasoning for that vote. - Yellow]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Anyway, to the actual gameplay itself: can you elaborate on why you’re voting for Free over other people? It’s true that she hasn’t said tooo much of substance, but I feel like she’s contributed more than other players that you have on your null list? I’d just like to hear more of your thoughts on your reasoning for that vote.
[[Free's someone I expect to be pretty involved in substance talk, more than most of the people I marked as null, which makes her non-involvement weirder than them. Her focus on mechanics talk over actual stuff also sorta seems like it could be an attempt at seeming to do stuff, and I don't really get that vibe from the null people.

And I'm not voting you, the other person on my scumlist, because I have the capacity to acknowledge when I might be OMGUSing and not vote there until I'm more sure of the read being something actually substantial.]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
I find you’re being irrationally upset that I didn’t just take your first post, which was very barebones, at face value and immediately drop my suspicions.
[[I don't recall you having suspicions against me before my first post. I posted and then suddenly me being inactive became an issue for you. That's not normal. Inactives are an issue when their still inactive, not when they show up, and voting me as soon as I showed up feels like it showed a lack of inclination to give me any sort of chance to show my alignment through my posts.]]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
[[Hi all. Don't have a lot of tiime to put my thoughts together rn. Ill try to elaborate and vote at lunch if I have time after going back over recent posts but I can't promise I will.

My strongest townread right now is Jackie/yellow. Their posts feel substantial and feel like they're trying to puzzle out possibilities.

Lesser townreads include chibi, free, and maybe Sind? Sind in particular inst giving me super strong town vibes, but she also isn't setting off alarm bells like she did in Namo's game.

Not sure how I feel on DW. Need to revisit. Same with Abra, though I'm leaning true null right now.

I think the players I'm most cautious of are Inke and maybe pano and starlight? Starlight felt scummy in Namo's game but then turned out to be the cop. But Inke's current posts have pinged me as not being what I'm used to from her. Idk I might be overthinking. And additionally I don't think I've played in a game where inke was town before so I don't have much to compare against lol.]]

NeoLurosa

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
[[I don't recall you having suspicions against me before my first post. I posted and then suddenly me being inactive became an issue for you. That's not normal. Inactives are an issue when their still inactive, not when they show up, and voting me as soon as I showed up feels like it showed a lack of inclination to give me any sort of chance to show my alignment through my posts.]]
[[Technically, the vote would have come before you showed up, except Jackie wanted to wait for my input before doing so. When I made the post containing the vote, I had only read your first post and didn’t find it convincing enough to not vote you.

As always with pressure/info votes, I’m happy to remove my vote if I’m convinced otherwise of the person’s innocence or if someone else starts to look like a more solid scum candidate. To your credit, I will say that I can follow your line of thought behind the Free vote. Though I’m not convinced enough to vote her yet; Free is an excellent player and if she’s town, she’d be a really vital asset to us. I do want to see a little more from her, though. (Well, frankly, I want to see more thoughts from everyone, heh.)

And I'm not voting you, the other person on my scumlist, because I have the capacity to acknowledge when I might be OMGUSing and not vote there until I'm more sure of the read being something actually substantial.]]
I’m going to pretend like you’re just stating your reasoning and not actually going so far as to continue making petty jabs about this, because boy would that be poor sportsmanship on your part and I’d like to give the benefit of the doubt. I’m here to have a good time so I’d rather not sour the experience and start off with disliking a potential teammate. Let’s call a truce and work together, yeah?]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
I’m going to pretend like you’re just stating your reasoning and not actually going so far as to continue making petty jabs about this
...That wasn't intended as a petty jab, actually. Sorry if it came off that way. You asked why I voted Dragonfree specifically and I wanted to cover all the alternatives. My bad for poor wording.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Jet chuckled to herself on seeing the arguing that she’d caused. All that from one vote!

“This is a lot less boring! I wanna vote for even more people now!” she called out.

[[No, Jet, that’s… not how that works… =_=]]

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Technically, the vote would have come before you showed up, except Jackie wanted to wait for my input before doing so. When I made the post containing the vote, I had only read your first post and didn’t find it convincing enough to not vote you.
[[I don't see any references to seeing me specifically as scummy/voteworthy before that post though? I get wanting to wait for their partner's input before actually making the vote but I don't see why doing so would be so necessary for just suggesting the concept in thread? They said they wanted to wait for you before voting but there's absolutely no inplication of who they wanted to vote, making it sound like they just wanted to discuss options with you.

Top Bottom