• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[
Also, like, I'm going to flip Town so let's talk about who on our Town read list could be tricking us? You know, at least as a backup plan
]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Anti, our Cop, cleared Reme.

[[Shit, really? I managed to miss that. I've been too busy to take proper notes. I had thought folks were sus of Reme for defending Anti and that she was cleared of that specific sus. I guess she's safe town then?]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[
Also, like, I'm going to flip Town so let's talk about who on our Town read list could be tricking us? You know, at least as a backup plan
]]

[[If one of the lover pairs is fake, Clovis/Pixie is the pair that aren't mechanically confirmed sooooooo it could be them, but I'm not psyched about that option, they were pretty convincing. More convincing by far than the confirmed pair. I guess the other townreads could be stealth scum, but my reads are pretty confident. I just don't buy any of the theories so far. You got anything fresh?]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
If one of the lover pairs is fake, Clovis/Pixie is the pair that aren't mechanically confirmed sooooooo it could be them

[[ Was going to say, I'm thinking their whole lover claim was just a thing to scare us way from voting either of them?

Also not going to lie, I'm sus of both Chibi and Dragonfree if only because they're both known for their amazing deduction skills, and for them to not be dead yet kinda has me 🤔 ]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[If one of the lover pairs is fake, Clovis/Pixie is the pair that aren't mechanically confirmed sooooooo it could be them, but I'm not psyched about that option, they were pretty convincing. More convincing by far than the confirmed pair. I guess the other townreads could be stealth scum, but my reads are pretty confident. I just don't buy any of the theories so far. You got anything fresh?]]
[[Considering Steven cleared me it has to be the other pair but even I think thats weird unless they somehow knew about mason thing.

Also not going to lie, I'm sus of both Chibi and Dragonfree if only because they're both known for their amazing deduction skills, and for them to not be dead yet kinda has me 🤔 ]]
[[Giving this more thought I see where you come from but I'm much much less sus of Chibi and lots more sus of Free out of the two, but thats still soft thoughts.

If we are talking about who else might be stealth scum... Free or... not sure tbh.]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[
Technically Abra/Flyg0n aren't mechanically confirmed innocent, just confirmed Lovers. Which is the only thing we can feasibly confirm with our existing info-roles.

I'm trying to figure out a way how Espie could be telling the truth. The only way is if some of our claims are fake and hiding scum, one of whom is vanilla. If we can keep Chibi alive another night, the best option I can think of is inspecting the Lover pair. If they're Lovers, Espy has to be lying. If you sacrifice me, I'd rather Town not have another mislynch.

Roleclaims:

4 Lovers (Sind/Persephone, Abra/Flyg0n)
2 Rolecops (Chibi and Pano)
2 Bulletproof (Mike and Inke)
1 Cop (Windskull)
2 Doctors (me and another)

4+2+2+1+2=11
]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[ Was going to say, I'm thinking their whole lover claim was just a thing to scare us way from voting either of them?

[[The lover claim would scare us away, since we'd never want to test-sacrifice. As for the others, being good at deduction and surviving a couple nights isn't weird. The scum have gone for inforoles so far, which is correct play for them.]]

they somehow knew about mason thing.

[[Oh yeah, did they reveal that they could communicate before you did? Cause if so, that's as good at confirmed to me.]]

Abra/Flyg0n aren't mechanically confirmed innocent, just confirmed Lovers.

[[There's no tragic lovers win condition, and scum/scum lovers is complete nonsense. I don't believe Namo would do something so weird and bizarre.]]

[[ ... when did we ever learn there were 2 doctors? ]]

[[Heal clash wouldn't be in the game if there weren't two or more doctors.]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[
So, can anyone think of alternative ways that Espy is telling the truth, or are we going with what she said is impossible?
]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Roleclaims:

4 Lovers (Sind/Persephone, Abra/Flyg0n)
2 Rolecops (Chibi and Pano)
2 Bulletproof (Mike and Inke)
1 Cop (Windskull)
2 Doctors (me and another)

4+2+2+1+2=11

[[It looks like Espy can't possibly be truthful. The only think I can think of is that the GM made a mistake. Cause that looks like 11 power roles to me.]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Oh yeah, did they reveal that they could communicate before you did? Cause if so, that's as good at confirmed to me.]]
[[Pixie did! I'd dig it up but it was sometime after D2 when Steven died and Sind was still sussing me]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[
Okay, I'm just going to knock some people out of the sus pool so I can be really annoyed if people try going at them again.

Kent [Dracomon] (AbraPunk)/Hana [Human] (Flyg0n) -- Lover role confirmed by confirmed innocent Role Cop. Can only be scum if scum has Lovers.

Ebony [Houndoom] (Chibi Pika) -- My previous sus was stupid; their behavior on d1 makes no sense for a scum. (Positioning themself against the presumed Townie Role Cop; starting a train on Blu.) Only can be scum if they made inexplicable decisions.

Reme [Gardevoir] (Fusion) -- Was confirmed by our confirmed innocent Cop. Can only be scum if Wind lied, Fusion is scum who reads as innocent, or we have a swapper in our vanilla game.

That leaves 8-10 varyingly plausible candidates for scum depending on how you count: Astrid [Alolan Ninetales] (TheGOAT), Clovis LeClair [Human] (Sinderella)/Pixie [Alolan Vulpix] (Persephone), Hazel [Type: Null] (Shiny Phantump), Jean Ambrose [Vulpix Pokemorph] (Dragonfree), Mike [Human] (Homestar!), Salem Weir [Purrloin-human morph] (unrepentantAuthor), Sparkleglimmer [Sylveon] (SparklingEspeon), Wesley Lycas [Human] (HelloYellow17), and Bartholomew (Equitial).

I want to go through them all again, for now leaving out Espeon because if she's innocent and telling the truth, the search needs to be narrowed to the roleclaimers.
]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I have to admit, town rolecop Chibi plays how I'd expect, not wanting to draw attention to themselves.
scum Chibi is.... well. It'd be goofy honestly.

Espy's thing is odd but not condemning.

Phan.... well they read pretty town to me.

I have other thoughts but I'll compile those later.

I really, truly believe we have a stealth scum somewhere though.]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[
And I just want to say: basically the only thing we KNOW about the scum is that last night they targeted our Cop, the night before that Inke, and before that either Kyeugh or Bench.

Related to what Flyg0n said, I think it's very likely we have a scum in this group of townreads: uA, Dragonfree, Phantump, and HelloYellow. For me, uA is the one I suspect the least, Yellow the most.
]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Chibi has never been scum before and openly dreads it. They play to scumhunt. Free is an excellent stealth scum... because she just imagines being town and plays like that.]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo