• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Town victory] Vanilla Mafia!

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Reme nodded. "Agreed. I believe we all were given... roles, for lack of a better word last night. I'm unsure how this game or... whatever that Charizard called this, is supposed to play out, but my said I was simply... Vanilla." She sighed, then shook her head and held a determined face. "In other words, nothing for me has changed. Powerless before and powerless now."

“That makes two of us, then,” Wes said. “I don‘t have any special abilities or anything, but...” he paused, unsure of how to phrase his next statement or if anyone would believe him. “I was given some information. I was told that there are two role cops in this game. I don’t know what side they’re on.”

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[Clarifying: Wes is roleclaiming Vanilla town.]

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen
Clovis's brow twitched. "Keep the Pokemon cruelty to whoever's trying to kill us off," he suggested. His grin became wry. "Unless that's you?"

With a clearer head, and the indignity of being accused of Pokemon Cruelty jolting his system in a different direction, several different puzzle-pieces clicked into place.

He had 'played' this 'game' before. Or a permutation of it, perhaps? There were people (or things) dying, and they knew if they were 'innocent' immediately.

"Are we playing 'Ultimate One-Night Lycanroc?'" Mike jumbled out, allowing his mouth to say the words before his brain lost them again.

He nodded to her. “I agree. Did anyone...see or hear anything, maybe?”

"I spent almost a whole day in a prison cell," Mike replied, trying very hard not to allow his irritation to show through, "then I finally slept. I guess. I've never slept in a dream before, but that was sleep and dreams within dreams. And I guess the 'Inception'--- pardon the pun, of this 'game' occured within that dream?"

This was getting more confusing than the movie was.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Two people who claim to have no powers?" Hana mused. "That seems somewhat odd, doesn't it? Isn't the whole idea of this game about using powers? Unless someone is lying."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
“That makes two of us, then,” Wes said. “I don‘t have any special abilities or anything, but...” he paused, unsure of how to phrase his next statement or if anyone would believe him. “I was given some information. I was told that there are two role cops in this game. I don’t know what side they’re on.”
“Tacking on there, was also gracieusement surnommé vanille,” Clovis said.

He did, however raise his brows at the drop of Wes’s intel. Somebody already coming forth with the fresh details? He didn’t know what side they were on, but something was better than nothing.

“That’s…how do you say in Galarian…” he trailed off, snapping his fingers as he tried to get his brain working. But, he got the gears turning, and his eyes lit up.

“Oh, right! Juicy.”

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
“What did I tell you,” he hissed, “about being a little shit?”

Kent hissed at Wes, similar to how a cat would. "Agh, fuck off, you cunt!"

He released his hold on a squirming and grumbling Kent and let him land lightly on his feet before turning to everyone else

He whirled around, ready to pounce on Wes, but then he stopped himself. It wouldn't do any good to be making enemies, not when there was the chance of dying.

"Figure out who might have been behind what happened last night."

He glanced over at the... plant-like girl? What the hell?

"Yeah, it's like I was saying, I think we should be--"

Altair yelped the moment his grip slipped, sending him plummeting. Thankfully, Wes was right there to break his fall.

Kent stopped for a moment, blinking in surprise. Then he burst out laughing. "Oh, fuck yeah! That's what you get, bitch!" He stuck his tongue out at Wes.

"Two people who claim to have no powers?" Hana mused. "That seems somewhat odd, doesn't it? Isn't the whole idea of this game about using powers? Unless someone is lying."

"...Huh? Oh, shit, I haven't been paying attention. Uh, hold on..." He did some mental math. "Doesn't seem that unlikely."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
“Too be fair, this game is also about lying.”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"then I finally slept. I guess. I've never slept in a dream before, but that was sleep and dreams within dreams. And I guess the 'Inception'--- pardon the pun, of this 'game' occured within that dream?"

"Oh please, I don't think this is nearly as complex as that film," Reme chuckled. "You fell asleep, and in the night, Pokemon died. This isn't a dream... whatever your name is. Apologies." Reme gave a bow, as polite as possible. "I... hope I don't have to keep repeating my name... and I don't have any sticky notes to make a nametag, but I am Reme."

Altair yelped the moment his grip slipped, sending him plummeting. Thankfully, Wes was right there to break his fall.

"Altair..." Reme sighed, growing ever so slightly aggravated. "Are you still unwell?"

Reme shrugged. "I'm not entirely sure how this game works, but I can at least assure you I'm not lying. I don't have any "powers" to prove myself, so all you have is my word. Unless other people have powers that could confirm my lack of them, in which case, I am fully willing to let anyone do as such."

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
After what felt like an eternity, the screaming stopped and it was time to lower himself in. Now, how to go about it? If he could just...

There was no time to react. Wes didn’t even see it coming, only heard a brief scraping of claws and a shriek and then—WHAM. Suddenly he was flat on his back and drowning in a sea of black feathers—

“Wh—! Sh—what the hell!” He shoved the massive bird (bird?) off him to catch his breath, turned his head to shoot him a glare, and—oh. It was him.

Wes climbed to his feet with a snarl. “Stay away from me.”

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Hm true. Not casting any official suspicion but also can't hurt to prod a bit]]

Hana sighed. People were goofing off when lives were basically at stake. "Does anyone else have something useful to contribute?"

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Quick thing, Tetra. This game is vanilla, not role madness, meaning that there are going to be quite a number of people with no special ability. Yellow, you're claiming to be Informed?]]
[[Uhhh I guess! I didn’t realize it had a name haha. Yep!]]

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Hazel found she was no longer in that void. She sighed in relief. The void was a bad place.

06_Sad.png

Until now, she hadn't thought about how rarely she was truly alone, especially for long periods of time. Gladion didn't normally have to leave her alone, without even Sorrel or Silverbell. Normally none, maybe one of them came with him, or all of them did, herself included. Her nerves were frayed.

But, when she looked around, at least her friends were still there. How long, though, would that last? She needed to put a swift end to this game.

"The paper listed only five other things the people here can have which would be on our side. There are twenty people here."

[Reminder that, unlike the previous games here, this is NOT role madness. Two normal townies is 100% expected and there will indubitably be more.]

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
[Suddenly, they were buried under a pile of bird and a pile of Wes. Good thing they don't have a nervous system, but they still just lay there in shock. For a moment.]

AgbgxPV.png

X4pnRYq.png
hehe... hehehe...

QPXTyg3.png
Ahahaha~!!

[In such a silly situation, all you can do is giggle!]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Hm true. Not casting any official suspicion but also can't hurt to prod a bit]]

Hana sighed. People were goofing off when lives were basically at stake. "Does anyone else have something useful to contribute?"
Clovis sighed deeply and crossed his arms. “As much as I’d like to contribute something useful, I’m acting dead weight right now.”

Homestar!

Mikeposter/Galaxy-Brainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. nidoqueen

"Wait, powers?" Mike didn't remember powers in his game. There was one Lycanroc, and everyone else was trying to vote them out.

Then a vivid image flashed in his dream from the night before. A glint of understanding. And powerlessness.
"Oh please, I don't think this is nearly as complex as that film," Reme chuckled. "You fell asleep, and in the night, Pokemon died. This isn't a dream... whatever your name is. Apologies." Reme gave a bow, as polite as possible. "I... hope I don't have to keep repeating my name... and I don't have any sticky notes to make a nametag, but I am Reme."

"Mike," he offered in kind, "thanks again, Reme. Then again, as far as I could tell, I was two dreams deep. I'm not supposed to come back from the third one, right?"

Mike looked over to one of the very few other non-celebrity, non-video-game-hero, non-Pokemon 'players' as she asked.

"Uh," Mike raised a hand, "I think we oughta start with shared information. If this isn't Ultimate One-Night Lycanroc, and most of us are non-hostile right now, then we're probably playing Rockets. Which means some of us are Team Rocket, and some of us are normies."

"The paper listed only five other things the people here can have which would be on our side. There are twenty people here."

Mike nodded to the... Wow, he had never seen one of those before. He couldn't remember the name of it, or if it even had an official name. Wasn't it 'Blank' or 'Typeless' or something?

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Clovis sighed deeply and crossed his arms. “As much as I’d like to contribute something useful, I’m acting dead weight right now.”
Wes frowned. “So are you saying you’re also ‘vanilla’ or whatever without any powers?”

"I see ya again, alive and well and this is how you react?" Altair grinned. "Anyway, you may've just given us a lead! You say there are two Role-Cops, but are unsure of alignment right?"

“You act like I don’t remember who’s side you were on last time!” Wes snapped. “I won’t be so quick to trust you again, you can count on that!” He stepped away to put more distance between him and Altair, then folded his arms. “And yeah, that’s what I just said, isn’t it?”

[Suddenly, they were buried under a pile of bird and a pile of Wes. Good thing they don't have a nervous system, but they still just lay there in shock. For a moment.]

AgbgxPV.png

X4pnRYq.png
hehe... hehehe...

QPXTyg3.png
Ahahaha~!!

[In such a silly situation, all you can do is giggle!]

The laughing caught him by surprise. He saw Porygon laughing, still toppled over, and felt the anxiety in his chest ease just a little. At least they weren’t crying anymore.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Clarification: Wes being salty at Altair is purely RP flavor, I’m not actively suspicious of him as a player currently!]]

Top Bottom